In this article, we will talk about ways to remove a hickey. Yes, you’ve just been through a highly intense and passionate session of you know what. At that moment, you must not have realized that there will be a medal attached of your recent achievement on your skin. Hickeys or love bites is a dark, slightly swelled part of the skin after it has been sucked and bitten for a long period of time.
For many hickeys may be a tool to prove a point, normally the case with immature boys. For many that is not the case, it is a common cause of public embarrassment. Even though, it should not affect you but things get awkward when people notice that spot on your neck and ask you questions of your last night’s adventure. People with families have to be careful, as the last thing you would want is to go on a family gathering, with hickeys showing up. Don’t fret as we list down ways below through which you can remove hickeys in no time and save yourself from public scrutiny.
Remedies to Remove a Hickey:
- Remedies to Remove a Hickey:
- 1.) Banana Peel to Remove a Hickey
- 2.) Tooth Paste to Remove a Hickey
- 3.) Alcohol to Remove a Hickey
- 4.) Cold Treatment to Remove a Hickey
- 5.) Cocoa Butter to Remove a Hickey
- 6.) Massage to Remove a Hickey
- 7.) Aloe Vera to Remove a Hickey
- 8.) Vitamin K to Remove a Hickey
- 9.) Tea Bags to Remove a Hickey
- 10.) Concealer to Remove a Hickey
1.) Banana Peel to Remove a Hickey
One of the best remedies to get rid of your heated moments is to you use a banana. I mean, what could be better than this to heal it. Not in practical use, but use the peel of the fruit to remove a hickey. The peel is known for its antiseptic properties. For the same, follow the steps below:
- Peel a fresh banana and apply it on the skin.
- Place it on the skin area where the hickey is and stick it with the help of a bandage or tape.
- Keep it there for at least 30 minutes or for better results leave it overnight.
- Remove it later and you would notice that the hickey must have lightened up.
2.) Tooth Paste to Remove a Hickey
I wonder, what most of you do whenever there is a skin burn or allergy. While, many of you rush to the doctor, people like me and many others go to their washroom. The white toothpaste that we use every day to clean up our teeth can be used to get rid of all kinds of skin problems. Read the label and you would notice that it has antibacterial and antiseptic properties. It is advisable to apply white toothpaste directly over the hickey area and to keep it there for a minimum of 20-25 minutes. Wash it off later with no sign of a hickey to embarrass you.
3.) Alcohol to Remove a Hickey
The anti-inflammatory properties of alcohol have finally come to your rescue.Especially, if a lot of alcohol is responsible for your hot hickey session. never mind, for this remedy to work, follow the steps below:
- Pour some alcohol on a cotton ball.
- Massage the area affected by sucking with the cotton ball.
- Continue doing and leave it there for some time.
- As the alcohol starts reacting with your skin, it will get rid of the dark color.
4.) Cold Treatment to Remove a Hickey
Maybe, after a really hot session a little cooling can help. Cold compress as we know is the process of relaxing the muscles and nerves by providing them a cooling agent. For the cold compress to work for your hickey all you have to do, is keep in mind the steps written below.
- Collect ice and prepare an ice pack.
- The ice pack can be prepared by adding ice into a cloth or a Ziploc.
- After preparing the ice pack. Place it directly over hickey.
- Keep it there for some time, till you notice a slight relief.
- Continue the treatment several times in a day to remove a hickey completely.
5.) Cocoa Butter to Remove a Hickey
The cocoa butter extract is known to be an excellent remedy when it comes to a hickey. Known for its moisturization properties, it will help your skin repair and rejuvenate. It will help get rid of the damaged skin cells that have resulted in the swelling and discoloration of the skin. Apply it directly or with the help of a cotton ball on the skin affected by hickey. Massage the area gently and continue the process several times in a day for an instant hickey remedy.
6.) Massage to Remove a Hickey
Nothing surprising about this one. If done in a proper manner it will remove your hickey in no time. Massage is especially effective if your hickey problem is just in its initial stages. Follow the massaging procedure below for a simple, safe and effective hickey remover:
- Massage the skin around the hickey gently.
- Move the nerves up and down gently.
- Use an essential oil for added benefits.
- Twist the area especially to help with the blood flow, so that no clotting occurs.
7.) Aloe Vera to Remove a Hickey
Aloe vera is the elite items when it comes to healing all kinds of skin problems. Hickey is no exception to the same as it can be cured effectively. To cure it, follow the steps below and you are done:
- Get some aloe vera leaves and mash them up.
- Take the resultant juice and apply it on the hickey.
- Keep it there for a minimum of 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it off later and you will be relieved.
- Drinking aloe vera juice can also prove to be beneficial in the long run.
8.) Vitamin K to Remove a Hickey
Vitamin K is known to stop blood coagulation and is known to be a promoter of free blood flow. As we know hickey occurs when the blood due to sucking gets coagulated in one area. Applying Vitamin K creams directly can help open up the blocked arteries. One can also consume foods rich in Vitamin K for long term benefits.
9.) Tea Bags to Remove a Hickey
Commonly used to treat the formation of bags near the eyes, this is effective in treating hickeys too. All you have to do is heat a tea bag and then apply it on the skin when it cools down. Press it one the skin affected by the hickey. Continue the process till the color turns lighter. You could later have a cup of tea, just for the sheer happiness of removing a hickey.
10.) Concealer to Remove a Hickey
All the ladies must be aware of this one. Although, a temporary solution but it can help mask it up till you find a permanent solution. Prepare a mixture which matches up with your skin and apply it all over the area. Men could also try it, though they would require some help from their female counterparts.