Chest pain basically gets caused due to the reduced blood flow in our heart. This condition may get more serious if not treated properly. It is the most common complaint that people usually account in their life. Hence, it is very important to treat chest pain effectively. Here in this article, we are explaining various home remedies for chest pain treatment so that this problem may be cured as soon as possible.
Causes of Chest Pain:
Around a quarter of the U.S. population suffer from the chest pain, which is not related to any heart issue. Chest pain can be caused due to various causes. Some are as follows:
- Coronary Artery Disease (COD): It is basically a blockage in the blood vessels of the heart. It reduces the flow of blood and oxygen to the heart muscle. All this may cause the pain known as angina.
- It may be caused due to the heart attack.
- Pericarditis: It is basically an inflammation of the sac that is around your heart.
- Myocarditis: It is an inflammation of the muscle of the heart.
- Cardiomyopathy: It is basically a heart muscle disease.
- Aortic Dissection: It is a very rare condition that involves rupturing of heart main artery.
- Taking a lot of stress and tension in the life.
You may feel chest pain at any point of the time. Depending upon the severity of the chest pain, it is classified into following categories:
- Or experiencing a tight crushing and squeezing sensation
Symptoms of Heart-Related Chest Pain:
- Pressure and tightness in the chest muscles.
- Painful sensations that last more than a few minutes.
- Shortness of breath
- Cold sweat
Other Types of Chest Pain Symptoms:
- You will experience a sour taste in your mouth.
- Trouble in swallowing.
- When you will change the body position you will experience the pain that may get better or worse.
- When you breathe deeply or cough, then the pain gets intensified.
- The feeling of tenderness when you try to push on your chest.
Various Home Remedies for Chest Pain Treatment:
Here are few of the home remedies for chest pain treatment. You may follow it, whenever you experience a chest pain.
1.) Garlic to Treat Chest Pain
Garlic can prevent plaque and it can even lower the high cholesterol levels. It also improves the blood circulation. Hence, it is one of the effective home remedies for chest pain. To apply this remedy, follow these steps:
- Take one cup of hot water and add ½ teaspoon of garlic juice to it. Drink this solution on a regular basis to reduce the chest pain.
- You can even eat 1-2 raw garlic cloves with water. It is one of the best methods to prevent the chest pain.
2.) Ginger to Cure Chest Pain
It is an amazing antioxidant, that helps in protecting the blood vessels from damage by cholesterol. If you are suffering from chest pain, then start drinking a cup of ginger tea. To prepare this tea, follow these steps:
- To prepare a tea, just add 1 tablespoon of grated ginger in one cup of hot water.
- Cover the pan and let it steep for 5 minutes.
- Now, strain it.
- For a good cardiovascular health, just start eating small pieces of raw ginger on an empty stomach regularly.
3.) Cayenne Pepper to Treat Chest Pain
Cayenne pepper is one of the best home remedies that provide great relief in the chest pain. Cayenne pepper contains capsaicin in it. This compound contains anti-inflammatory properties. It even works as a blood regulator and also help in restoring the blood flow to the heart. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Just add ½ -1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder in a glass of milk or any kind of fruit juice. Drink it on a regular basis to reduce the pain.
- You may also take cayenne pepper supplement only after consultation with a doctor.
4.) Basil to Cure Chest Pain
Basil is also one of the effective home remedies for chest pain. The magnesium content present inside the basil helps in promoting the blood flow to our heart and also helps our blood vessels to relax. Moreover, the antioxidant vitamin A present in the basil helps in preventing the build-up of cholesterol in the blood vessel walls.
- So, whenever you feel chest pain, just start chewing 8-10 fresh basil leaves.
- Even start drinking one cup of basil tea to get relief from chest pain.
- You can also consume 1 teaspoon of fresh basil juice, along with 1 teaspoon of honey on a regular basis to prevent the chest pain. It is better to drink it on an empty stomach for best results.
5.) Alfalfa to Treat Chest Pain
Alfalfa is an effective home remedy for chest pain that helps in reducing chest pain as well as the cholesterol levels in our body. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
Just start drinking warm alfalfa tea whenever you have the chest pain. To make this tea, just add 1 teaspoon of dried alfalfa leaves in one cup of hot water.
- Steep it for 5 minutes and then strain it.
- You can also take supplements of alfalfa on a regular basis to reduce chest pain. Also, consult your doctor before consuming it.
6.) Tumeric as a Remedy For Chest Pain
This remedy can do wonders on the chest pain. It contains antibacterial, anti-inflammatory properties that make it amazing cure for the chest pain. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Take a pan and boil one glass of milk, now add ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder to it. Also, add a little amount of honey in this solution. Drink this magical and beneficial milk while it is still warm to prevent the chest pain.
- You can also improve your heart health and reduce the chest pain, by including turmeric powder in different recipes.
7.) Eat Almonds to Treat Chest Pain
They are rich polyunsaturated fatty acids that help a lot in reducing the chest pain caused due to heart problems. To maintain a healthy heart, just start eating almonds.
- You can even drink almond milk.
- You may also eat a handful of roasted almonds on a regular basis to cure the chest pain.
- Moreover, you can also apply almond and rose oil in equal amounts on the chest to reduce the chest pain.
8.) Fenugreek to Get Rid of Chest Pain
It can prevent the chest pain by maintaining a good cardiovascular health. It is considered to be one of the best home remedies for chest pain. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Boil one and a half cup of water in a pan and add 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in it. Boil this solution for 5 minutes. Strain this solution, and mix 2 teaspoons of honey in it. After drinking this, you will find that soon the chest pain will be gone.
- Even start eating the fenugreek seeds. Just keep it soaked in the water overnight and consume it, the next morning to ease the chest pain.
9.) Just Relax to Cure Chest Pain
Though, one of the symptoms of the chest pain is taking excessive tension and stress. You don’t need to worry much about anything in this life. Just relax and calm down. Enjoy life and stop taking worry on every single problem. Keep your mind cool and handle the situations of your life with a calm attitude. Soon, you will find that there is no such occurrence of chest pain. Even taking a lot of stress can slow down your heart blood flow, which is 0ne of the major cause of the chest pain. So, try to keep yourself happy and relaxed in life to prevent the chest pain.
10.) Start Meditating and Doing Yoga to Get Rid of Chest Pain
Meditation and Yoga can do wonders on chest pain. It not only helps in getting rid of stress and anxiety. But, it also makes you feel relaxed that in turn prevent the chest pain. To perform yoga and meditation, just sit in a relaxed position and start inhaling the air through the nose and hold it for few seconds. Now, exhale it slowly. After performing yoga and meditation, you will feel so much relaxed and peaceful in the life. So, perform it on a regular basis to prevent certain health ailments.
Important Things to be Kept in Mind at the time of Chest Pain:
Here are few important things to be kept in mind when you get chest pain.
- If the chest pain is developed due to shortness of breath or a skipped heartbeat, then it is really important to take an immediate action and medical consultation.
- The chest pain may also be associated due to dizziness, nausea, or irregular pulse rate.
- It may also get developed due to stress and tension. Hence, it is really important to figure out behavioral changes in an individual.
- A mentally retarded person can never tell you where does it pain? Hence, you may recognize the chest pain if they start rubbing their chest or crying.