In this article, we will talk about ways to get rid of itchy scalp. The last thing that anyone wants to see is someone scratching their hair. While it could be a sign of no proper hygiene but that does not always holds true. For many the problem varies because of different causes. Itchy scalp is known to occur when there are constant allergy and itching like sensation near the scalp area.
The most common suffers of this problem are men because of lack of hair care. Even women are not far behind as they are also known to suffer from this condition. It could be a cause of public embarrassment for anybody. So to make sure that something like this does not happen, we present to you one of the finest tips to get rid of an itchy scalp. But before we begin, let’s look at some of the factors responsible for the same:
Causes of Itchy Scalp:
- You are not used to washing your hair.
- Sweat in the hair.
- Excessive dandruff.
- Hereditary Problems.
- Allergic reaction to shapmoo.
Remedies to Get Rid of Itchy Scalp:
- Remedies to Get Rid of Itchy Scalp:
- 1.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Itchy Scalp
- 2.) Coconut Oil Get Rid of Itchy Scalp
- 3.) Lemon Get Rid of Itchy Scalp
- 4.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Itchy Scalp
- 5.) Vitamin E to Get Rid of Itchy Scalp
- 6.) Avoid Stress to Get Rid of Itchy Scalp
- 7.) Stay Away from the Sun to Get Rid of Itchy Scalp
- 8.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Itchy Scalp
- 9.) Bananas to Get Rid of Itchy Scalp
- 10.) Jojoba Oil to Get Rid of Itchy Scalp
1.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Itchy Scalp
The product known for its antiseptic and bacterial properties can treat your itchy scalp problem in no time. Aloe vera is known to be absorbed by the skin and helps exfoliate the dead skin cells. As it replaces the dead skin cells, it promotes a healthy you. To use it, to get rid of an itchy scalp, follow the steps below:
- Mash up a few aloe vera leaves to form a gel.
- Apply the gel directly on the scalp.
- Rub it nicely and feel as to how it cools you down.
- Wash it after some time and you will notice no itching sensation.
2.) Coconut Oil Get Rid of Itchy Scalp
Coconut oil is associated with hair treatment. The tropical fruit has qualities that are not matched by anything else. It moisturizes the deep areas of the scalp and combats allergies and infections. It is best advised to massage your hair regularly with coconut oil. Make sure to do it especially every time, after you wash your hair. It will not only help cure your itchy scalp problem but will also be able to prevent it forever.
3.) Lemon Get Rid of Itchy Scalp
The most famous antibacterial item, this one can be used to treat the problem. Lemon juice should be used only if you do not suffer from cracked skin. Follow the steps below for an easy remedy:
- Squeeze a fresh lemon and collect its juice.
- Apply the juice over the head, massage it gently as you apply.
- After some time dilute it with water and you will be relieved.
4.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Itchy Scalp
It is one of the most popular ways to get rid of itchy scalp. The oil is known for its antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties. The combination of three of them results in killing all the bacteria. You can apply it directly on your scalp and then later on can wash it off with shampoo. If your skin is sensitive, then it is best advised to dissolve it in water for best results.
5.) Vitamin E to Get Rid of Itchy Scalp
It is considered to be an essential nutrient for effective skin treatment. Considered to be present in products containing fatty acids. Make sure to get your daily consumption of this, if you want to get away with dry hair. A shampoo containing Vitamin E can also do the trick for you. Consuming Vitamin E tablets directly can also prove to be beneficial.
6.) Avoid Stress to Get Rid of Itchy Scalp
Stress is considered to be one of the major symptoms for an itchy scalp. It has been well researched that whenever an individual is stressed psychological or physically, he suffers from this condition. This normally occurs due to the excessive production of hormones which promote inflammation. Therefore, it is necessary to get rid of all kinds of stress or anxiety. Perform meditation, yoga, deep breathing, walking, swimming, gardening or other forms of exercises to keep your mind occupied and away from all this.
7.) Stay Away from the Sun to Get Rid of Itchy Scalp
Overexposure to Sun could result in an itchy scalp due to the excessive rays and constant sweating of the head. If somehow sunburn occurs, then it can also result in an itchy scalp problem So it is advised to cover your head with a hat, cap or an umbrella whenever you plan to go out in the Sun.
8.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Itchy Scalp
One of the commonly available items in your kitchen, baking soda is a great remedy for itchy scalp. Baking soda is known to help relieve the condition by exfoliating the scalp. In the whole process, it gets rid of the dead skin cells. It even is efficient in controlling dandruff that is a result of the development of fungi. To use baking soda to get rid of itchy scalp, follow the steps below:
- Prepare a paste by mixing baking soda and water.
- Apply the paste directly onto your scalp and start scrubbing.
- Allow it to soak in, completely into your scalp for 10 to 15 minutes and then finally rinse it well with water.
9.) Bananas to Get Rid of Itchy Scalp
If you like to eat bananas, you will be happy to know that it can also be used to treat an itchy scalp too. Bananas are known to treat the condition of the itchy scalp while also getting rid of dry hair. The nourishing and healthy properties of bananas are also known to be anti-inflammatory in nature.
- Just mash up two fresh bananas.
- Add an avocado to the mixture and mix it all well.
- Apply this whole mixture to your scalp.
- Wait for it to settle down completely for at least half an hour and then rinse your scalp.
10.) Jojoba Oil to Get Rid of Itchy Scalp
Jojoba oil not only has an interesting name but also amazing properties. It is considered to be a great reliever for a dry and itchy scalp. The structure of jojoba oil is such that it allows it to be a great moisturizer for hair especially. To use it, follow the steps below:
- Massage jojoba oil directly onto your scalp immediately before going to bed.
- Keep it there for at least overnight.
- First thing in the morning, wash your hair with a nice shampoo.
- Repeat this remedy once a week for effective treatment.