Most of the babies have very sensitive and soft skin and that’s why they face many skin related problems, but the common one is cradle cap. So this article will give you some magical home remedies for cradle cap treatment. Cradle cap is a very common skin problem among babies, which is caused by excessive production of sebum. The medical term used for cradle cap is infantile seborrheic dermatitis. Cradle cap is the yellowish or whitish, patchy, crusty and greasy appearance on the scalp of babies. This problem is not contagious. It occurs not only on the scalp of the baby, but also in eyelids, eyebrows and around the ear area.
There is no exact cause of cradle cap but some causes are antibiotics take by the mother during pregnancy, extreme weather, food allergies, hormones passed from the mother to the baby, irregular skin cleaning and growth of yeast in the digestive system. It goes on its own within a few weeks or months. There are some home remedies that can treat cradle cap on babies without affecting their soft skin. Consult a doctor if it spreads from the scalp to other parts of the baby’s body.
Symptoms of Cradle Cap:
- Oily patches
- Whitish or yellowish scales
- Crusty and thick flakes
- Red skin
- Hair fall in infants
Causes of Cradle Cap:
- Oily skin
- Extreme temperature
- Antifungal and antibiotic treatments
- Irregular skin cleaning
- Skin disorders
- Hormone changes from mother to baby
Home Remedies for Cradle Cap Treatment:
- Home Remedies for Cradle Cap Treatment:
- 1.) Almond Oil for Treating Cradle Cap Natually
- 2.) Shea Butter to Treat Cradle Cap Fast
- 3.) Petroleum Jelly to Get Rid of Cradle Cap Fast
- 4.) Coconut Oil to Cure Cradle Cap Naturally
- 5.) Olive Oil to Treat Cradle Cap Naturally
- 6.) Baby Shampoo to Treat Cradle Cap Fast
- 7.) Mineral Oil for Cradle Cap Treatment
- 8.) Breast Milk for Cradle Cap Treatment
- 9.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Cradle Cap Fast
- 10.) Baking Soda to Treat Cradle Cap Fast
Cradle cap seems like a very bad case of dandruff in infants. Follow these home remedies for cradle cap treatment.
1.) Almond Oil for Treating Cradle Cap Natually
Almond oil is very essential and safe for treating cradle cap. Almond oil penetrates into the skin easily due to its light texture. When you will massage into the scalp, it softens the scales and rinse them out after shampooing.
Steps to Use Almond Oil to Cure Cradle Cap Fast:
- Mix 10 tsp of almond oil and 1 tsp of tea tree oil.
- Rub gently on your baby’s head. Keep it for 15 minutes.
- Use a soft baby brush to remove the oily flakes.
- Wash your baby’s hair with baby shampoo.
- Repeat this remedy daily or every other day to treat cradle cap.
2.) Shea Butter to Treat Cradle Cap Fast
Shea butter is a natural remedy for treating cradle cap due to its moisturizing property. Baby’s soft skin easily absorbed into the skin as it does not leave a greasy residue.
Steps to Use Shea Butter to Get Rid of Cradle Cap:
- Rub gently some Shea butter onto the affected area.
- After 20 minutes, use a soft toothed brush to alleviate the loosened flakes.
- Then, wash the baby’s head with warm water and shampoo.
- Use a soft towel to dry it. Do this remedy once daily until to get rid of cradle cap.
3.) Petroleum Jelly to Get Rid of Cradle Cap Fast
Treating cradle cap with petroleum jelly is very helpful and convenient remedy. Due to its moisturizing property it helps to loosen the oily scales.
Steps to Use Petroleum Jelly to Prevent Cradle Cap:
- Massage baby’s head with Vaseline.
- Leave it for one hour, then wet the hair with lukewarm water.
- Gently scrub your baby’s head with a soft brush.
- Wash the hair with warm water.
- Gently dry baby’s head with a soft towel. Follow this remedy several times a week until you get relief from cradle cap.
4.) Coconut Oil to Cure Cradle Cap Naturally
Treating cradle cap with coconut oil is one of the beneficial remedies for cradle cap. Coconut oil works as a natural moisturizer for cradle cap. While nourishing the scalp, it helps to loosen the cradle cap flakes.
Steps to Use Coconut Oil for Cradle Cap Treatment:
- Take a small amount of organic coconut oil in the palm of your hand.
- Gently rub with this oil into the scalp.
- After 20 minutes, wash it off with warm water.
- Remove the loose flakes with a soft brush. Do it daily at least once until you get the good result.
5.) Olive Oil to Treat Cradle Cap Naturally
Treating cradle cap with olive oil is the best way to for cradle cap treatment. Olive oil has healing as well as moisturizing properties which can help to loosen and soften the flaky scales.
Steps to Use Olive Oil to Get Rid of Cradle Cap Fast:
- Slightly heat a small amount of olive oil.
- Gently rub the oil in your baby’s scalp and leave it overnight.
- The next morning, use cloth or soft brush to remove loose particles.
- Use baby shampoo and warm water to wash baby’s hair.
- Depending upon the severity of the condition, repeat this remedy daily or every other day to get relief from cradle cap.
6.) Baby Shampoo to Treat Cradle Cap Fast
Use mild shampoo and warm water to wash your baby’s head, which can help to heal cradle cap. Also, it helps to loosen the flakes of cradle cap.
Steps to Use Baby Shampoo to Remove Cradle Cap Fast:
- Use warm water to soak your baby’s scalp.
- Gently massage with a small amount of baby shampoo on the head.
- Then rinse it off with warm water. Use toothed brush to remove scales from the head.
7.) Mineral Oil for Cradle Cap Treatment
Mineral oil is a natural treatment for cradle cap. Due to its moisturizing and healing properties, it is found in baby lotions, creams, and other baby products.
Steps to Use Mineral Oil to Cure Cradle Cap Fast:
- Take some mineral oil and gently apply it on baby’s head.
- After 2 to 3 hours, apply baby shampoo on baby’s head.
- By using wet washcloth, rub the scalp in circular motions.
- Use warm water to wash your baby’s head and it will remove all the traces of oil.
- Follow this remedy 2 to 3 times daily until you get rid of cradle cap.
8.) Breast Milk for Cradle Cap Treatment
Breast milk is the best and effective way to feed your infant. Due to its medicinal properties it is good to fight with cradle cap.
Steps to Use Breast Milk to Cure Cradle Cap:
- Squeeze some breast milk in a bowl.
- Gently apply this breast milk on your baby’s scalp and leave it overnight.
- This will help to soften the thick crusty flakes.
- In the next morning, use a soft brush to remove the flakes.
- Wash your baby’s head with warm water and mild shampoo. Do this remedy daily until the cradle cap clears up.
9.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Cradle Cap Fast
Apple cider vinegar has an acidic property, which helps to treat cradle cap in babies.
Steps to Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Avoid Cradle Cap:
- Combine one part of ACV with 2 parts of water.
- Gently massage with this solution on the baby’s affected area.
- After a few minutes, rinse the area with warm water.
- Repeat this remedy twice a week for 2 to 3 weeks.
10.) Baking Soda to Treat Cradle Cap Fast
Baking soda is another effective remedy to relieve the symptoms of cradle cap. Due to its oil absorbing quality it helps to balance the pH level of the scalp.
Steps to Use Baking Soda to Get Rid of Cradle Cap:
- Combine one part of baking soda with one part water to make a paste.
- Rub gently this paste onto the scalp.
- Keep it for one minute not more than that.
- Wash the treated area with warm water.
- Repeat this treatment once a day until you get desired results.