If something affects your beauty for a long time, then don’t you think it is chronic for your health?Something which is unbearable for you, something that kills your confidence and self-assurance. If you are haunted by the dreams of hazardous infections that has almost ruined your beauty, then what is worse than having herpes on your body. It is one of the most hazardous infection caused due to the accumulation of virus known as HSV (Herpes Simplex Virus). It causes severe pain and itching on your skin that appears as reddish swelled blisters or sores. They mostly get developed on mouth, face and genital areas. They are extremely harmful to health, but you don’t need to worry about it as there are various home remedies for herpes to treat them easily.
You don’t need to live in the dark anymore because there are various ways to cure this problem. This serious problem can be seen in both of the genders. It is a human transmissible infection, which can get transferred through kissing, sex or close contact with the infected person. You may not easily recognize the signs and symptoms of these infections as they are dormant in the beginning.
Causes of Herpes:
- Causes of Herpes:
- Various Home Remedies for Herpes Treatment:
- 1.) Start Using Olive Oil to Treat Herpes:
- 2.) Baking Soda for Herpes Treatment:
- 3.) Try Lemon Balm to Get Rid of Herpes:
- 4.) Aloe Vera for Herpes Treatment:
- 5.) Ice to Treat Herpes:
- 6.) Lysine to Treat Herpes:
- 7.) Start Drinking Black Coffee:
- 8.) Tea Bags to Heal Herpes:
- 9.) Soap and Warm Water:
- 10.) Warm Bath for Herpes Treatment:
- How to Treat Genital Herpes Naturally?
- 1.) Consult a Doctor for an Accurate Diagnosis
- 2.) Notice the First Outbreak with a Prescription Antiviral
- 3.) Take Your Medication According to Your Doctor’s Instructions
- 4.) Go for Antiviral Cream if Your Doctor Prescribe One
- 5.) Talk to a Doctor to Get Medication for Recurrent Outbreaks
- 6.) Start taking Medication if you experienced Frequent Outbreaks
- 8.) Try Episodic Therapy to Avoid Medication
- Relieve Your Symptoms
They can be easily caused by various ways:
- Having physical contact with an infected person.
- Having unprotected sex with an infected person.
- It can even spread by coming in contact with the blisters.
- This infection may even affect an infant at the time of vaginal delivery if the mother has herpes.
- The exposure of the body to ultraviolet rays.
- Having intercourse with different people.
Symptoms of Herpes:
In the beginning, the symptoms are unseen and dormant. It is not easy to recognize them at the primary stage. But, gradually with time you can see the changes happening in health which is as follows:
- Feeling ill and experiencing fever.
- The sensation of pain while urinating.
- Itching and formation of painful red blisters on the genitals, thighs, rectum, face and mouth.
- Formation of blisters on the lower part of the womb and cervix.
- In women, the vaginal discharge is also a common factor that causes herpes.
Various Home Remedies for Herpes Treatment:
Is it easy and under your control? Can you treat it without taking the consult of a doctor? Well, my answer is as simple as your questions. Yes, you can. There are several home remedies for herpes, which can help you like anything to treat this problem.
1.) Start Using Olive Oil to Treat Herpes:
This oil is a natural moisturizer for our skin. It is one of the best home remedies for herpes sores.
- Take one cup of olive oil.
- Heat it and add some lavender oil and bee wax to it.
- Prepare a mixture and then cool it down.
- After cooling, apply it on the affected area of your body.
2.) Baking Soda for Herpes Treatment:
It is one of the effective home remedies for herpes.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it into the baking soda solution.
- Apply it to the infected areas of your body.
- It is helpful in drying out the oozing blisters of herpes.
Tip: Avoid dipping the same cotton in baking soda solution because it gets contaminated after getting used.
3.) Try Lemon Balm to Get Rid of Herpes:
Mostly all herpes infections consist of painful blisters. Lemon balm contains antiviral contents like flavonoids, phenolic and muscarinic acids. It also heals stress caused by the herpes outbreak. This balm is also available as an ointment. Apply it directly to the affected area to reduce herpes from your body.
4.) Aloe Vera for Herpes Treatment:
The gel-like substance available in the Aloe Vera helps in easing the sensation of pain. It is a good pain reliever and provide the cooling effect to the infected area. It heals faster than any other home remedies for herpes. Just allow the gel to dry for the best results.
5.) Ice to Treat Herpes:
To get rid of the pain and irritation, it is one of the best home remedies for herpes.
- Take ice and crush them in a plastic bag.
- Now wrap this plastic bag with a cloth.
- Apply it on the infected area.
- It is one of the best home remedies for herpes, which can cure the sensation of pain effectively.
Note: Keep eyes on how much ice you have applied on the infected area. Remember, that the prolonged exposure of ice may cause the damage to the tissues of your skin.
6.) Lysine to Treat Herpes:
- It is an amino acid and it is the best home remedies for herpes.
- It is basically helpful for the people suffering from herpes simplex virus type I and II.
- You may find this supplement in the foods like milk, chicken, cheese, brewer’s yeast and many more.
- It is helpful in removing the herpes outbreak.
- You may also find lysine creams in the market easily to treat herpes.
7.) Start Drinking Black Coffee:
Herpes don’t occur only on the genitals. It may even occur on mouths, lips and other parts of your body. Black Coffee is one of the best home remedies for herpes that occurs in the mouth and lips. Start drinking the black coffee on a regular basis to cure herpes. It relief pain and treat the blisters in your mouth. Don’t consume hot coffee, try to cool it before drinking.
8.) Tea Bags to Heal Herpes:
It is one of the best home remedies for herpes that occur on the genitals. Place wet and cold tea bag directly on the blisters. It is one of the best treatment to cure genital herpes. You can also have black tea as it is highly rich in tannin. It consists of anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. After it is prepared, leave the tea bag to cool down. Apply it on the infected area for the best results.
9.) Soap and Warm Water:
It is important to keep the infected area clean. Hygiene plays a major role in the healing process. Warm water provides a lot of relief in pain and itching. Use soap on the infected area to prevent it from the further attack of germs. Wash it with warm water to get relief from pain.
10.) Warm Bath for Herpes Treatment:
It is the best way to eliminate the pain from our body. It provides relief from the sensation of pain and itching. It also disables the viruses to get spread easily. Warm water helps in shedding the virus from our body. Warm water soaks inside our body and provides relief from pain.
Few Important Facts About Herpes:
Here are few important facts about herpes. To have a close understanding regarding it. Read these facts sincerely.
- Herpes simplex may cause various skin problems like the cold sores (on face), whitlows (on fingers), and herpes on genitals and other areas.
- About 50% of the people get herpes from the people who know that they have herpes.
- Oral herpes also known as cold sores are transmitted is transmitted to your genital through oral-genital contact.
- Using condom is a great way to minimize the impact of herpes virus getting passed on to your body. It minimizes the risk of herpes virus from attacking your body. But, it doesn’t eliminate the risk of getting herpes.
- Around 80% of the people are affected with genital herpes, but they are unaware of it as they experience very mild symptoms and none at all.
- Every 1 out of 3 adults has the virus causing herpes in their body.
- The emotional impact of having genital herpes is worse than the condition itself.
It is not easy to avoid the problem of herpes. Well, thankfully there are various home remedies for herpes, which may treat this problem effectively more than anything else. So, use them sincerely to get rid of herpes fast.
How to Treat Genital Herpes Naturally?
1.) Consult a Doctor for an Accurate Diagnosis
Herpes are like small blisters, red and also filled with a yellowish fluid. They get appear in small blisters which form cluster together and grow into a larger blister. To know the other causes, consult with your doctor and if need then take a viral culture.
You should know the reason behind the herpes, herpes type 1 usually causes blisters around the mouth, and herpes virus type 2 usually gives you genital outbreak. Blisters are very painful, burn or itch. You might be feeling tingling or itching in the affected areas just before an outbreak.
Fever, swollen glands, flu-like symptoms and decreased appetite and decreased appetite often occurs, especially during the first outbreak.
The First outbreak is very painful and severe and also lasts longer than subsequent outbreaks. Because of this, doctors typically prescribe an oral antiviral medication to manage an initial infection.
Medication for oral and genital herpes include acyclovir, valacylovir and famciclovir. These don’t cure herpes, but they help relieve symptoms and shorten the outbreak’s duration.
3.) Take Your Medication According to Your Doctor’s Instructions
Take your medication as prescribed and don’t stop taking it prematurely, even if your symptoms improve. You need to take the prescribed medication; you will take 1 to 5 tablets per day with a glass of water for 7 to 10 days.
There usually no side effects but can give you fatigue, nausea, headache and vomiting. You need to take the tablet with food and get rid to prevent an upset stomach.
Your doctor will give you prescription an antiviral ointment instead or in addition to oral medication. You can apply prescription ointment as directed. If you really want to prevent spreading the outbreak, you can apply the ointment with a cotton swab and you just need to wash your hands after tending to the affected area.
Don’t let the swab to touch the skin when it comes in a contact as it can spread severely. If you really want to apply the ointment, you just need to get a new swab instead of adding more medicine to used swab. You just need to swab away promptly after applying the ointment.
Ointments are usually only recommended for oral herpes. If you experience oral and genital herpes, you don’t even need to apply the medication for oral herpes on your genitals.
5.) Talk to a Doctor to Get Medication for Recurrent Outbreaks
In most of the cases, people experienced multiple herpes outbreak, which can stay a week or months after the first outbreak. Subsequent outbreaks are usually mild, and many people don’t seek medical treatment. However, you should ask your doctor about taking antiviral medication if painful, itchy blisters affect larger patches of skin or if you have a fever or flu-like symptoms. If your doctor prescribes antiviral medications, take it as directed.
6.) Start taking Medication if you experienced Frequent Outbreaks
People who experienced frequent outbreak then means to have 6 or more than 6 outbreaks per year should take acyclovir, Val acyclovir or famiciclovir everyday. Depending the type of the medication prescribe, you should take 1 or 2 tablets with a glass of water.
This amazing therapy can reduce the number of outbreaks by 70 to 80%.
If you have partner who doesn’t have herpes by taking a daily medication can reduce the risk of spreading herpes.
8.) Try Episodic Therapy to Avoid Medication
Episodic therapy involves taking an antiviral medication as soon as you feel tingling and burning, which is a first symptoms of an outbreak. If you want amazing result then you need take the first dose within 24 hours of experiencing the warning sign of outbreak. Then you have to continue the medicine for 5 to 7 days.
You can go for the episodic therapy if you don’t find the taking the pills, or taking a daily suppressive medication is not affordable.
Relieve Your Symptoms
1.) Get Rid of Itching and Pain with an Over the Counter Ointments
You can go for the medication which contains Lidocaine, Benzocaine or L-lysine at your local pharmacy. These products can help you to get rid of itching, burning and pain. It also might reduce the outbreak duration. You just need to reduce the product’s instruction carefully and use it as directed.
You just have to focused that you shouldn’t apply the ointment to the genital herpes without consulting your doctor. Herpes outbreak can affect sensitive mucous membranes in and around the genitals. If you apply the medicated ointments to these areas without your doctor’s approval can be harmful.
2.) Go for Counter Pain Reliever
Ibuprofen or acetaminophen can help you to relieve pain, discomfort and swelling which is caused by a herpes outbreak. You need to take the counter medication according to label instructions.
You need to avoid drinking alcohol while taking acetaminophen. In a combination, you can take alcohol and acetaminophen which can even cause liver damage.
3.) Gently Apply the Cold or Warm Compress to Relieve Pain
You need to apply the warm and cold compresses to the affected area and see which is useful to give relieve your symptoms. You just need to wrap the ice pack on cloth and hold the area for 20 minutes. You just need to apply the heat for 20 minutes, also microwave for 30 seconds or purchase a warm compress at your local pharmacy.
You just need to use hot or cold compress at every 3 hours to get rid of itching, swelling and pain. If you experience burning, go for ice instead of heat.
You just need to promptly wash the cloth that you have used on hot water cycle so that the infection won’t become contagious.
4.) Wear Loose Cotton cloths
When you are infected by herpes then you really need to avoid tight undergarments, pantyhose and tight pants. Instead, you can wear loose-fitting garments to provide air exposure to the affected area and reduce irritation.
When the air pass to your cloths then it helps in healing. And you should also avoid the bandaging the area.