This article is about home remedies for freckles. Here we will learn different ways that are used to cure freckles naturally at home. Freckles is one of the most common skin problems faced. Freckles are the stubborn marks which occur because of prolong exposure to sunlight or due to a genetic tendency. Read this article to learn more about freckles and some of the best home remedies for freckles.
Freckles are the brown patches on the face, which gets darker with prolonged exposure to sunlight. Though it depends on the amount of exposure to sunlight, but what really causes freckle is the genetic tendency. It might be the case you are more prone to freckles although your friend is more exposed to sunlight. It is because of the genetic tendency.
Heredity plays an important role when it comes to freckles. People with fairer skin, blond or red hair tend to produce more freckles than the people with dark complexions.
Causes of Freckles:
As mentioned earlier, freckles are caused by prolonged exposure to sunlight. If your schedule compels you to face more and more sunlight then there are chances of having the problem of freckles. And, if you have a light complexion then the chances to get freckles increases. When you are exposed to sunlight, the ultraviolet (UV) rays reach your skin and affects the epidermis, the outer layer of the skin. When UV rays hit the epidermis, it gets thicken and produces the pigment melanin. In the procedure of making more melanin, freckles develop.
Home Remedies for Freckles are:
- Home Remedies for Freckles are:
- 1.) Onion as a Remedy for Freckles
- 2.) Lemon to Cure Freckles
- 3.) Buttermilk to Treat Freckles
- 4.) Tomato Juice for Freckles
- 5.) Sour Milk as a Remedy for Freckles
- 6.) Prepare a Vegetable Face Pack
- 7.) Papaya to Get Rid of Freckles
- 8.) Honey to Cure Freckles
- 9.) Turmeric for Freckles
- 10.) Orange to Treat Freckles
- 11.) Castor Oil to Get Rid of Skin Freckles
- 12.) Eggplant to Treat Skin Freckles
- 13.) Horseradish to Remove Skin Freckles
- 14.) Sesame Seeds to Get Rid of Freckles
- 15.) Licorice Root for the Removal of Freckles
- 16.) Cucumber to Get Rid of Skin Freckles
- 17.) Almond Oil to Treat Freckles
- 18.) Kiwi Fruit to Get Rid of Freckles
- 19.) Banana and Mint Face Pack to Treat Freckles
- 20.) Cocoa Butter to Get Rid of Freckles
If you have a fair complexion then that does not mean that you can’t get rid of the freckles. Also, you need not take help of medication in order to get rid of freckles. You have many ways by which you can treat your freckles. There are many home remedies for freckles that are easily available and convenient. Home remedies for freckles treatment are:
1.) Onion as a Remedy for Freckles
Onion makes you cry, but applying it on the freckles, will make freckles cry. This is among the most easily available home remedies for freckles. Use red onion for the purpose. There are two ways you can use the onion:
- Cut the onion into two and apply it directly on your face. Apply it twice a day for a few days and get rid of the freckles.
- Another way you can use the onion is by extracting the juice from it. This remedy need efforts, but you get deserving results for your efforts. Extract the juice from the onion and apply it on your face twice a day. Adding vinegar to it gives you amazing results. Do it for 15 days and you have the results.
2.) Lemon to Cure Freckles
Lemon can be called one the best remedies for freckles. It is best for other skin problems as well. It has the color lightening properties and thus, can be called a natural bleaching agent. Apply it on the skin and it lightens the freckles as well. You can use either of the following ways for the purpose:
- Cut the lemon into two and apply it directly on the face. Leave it for 15 minutes and after that, wash it with lukewarm water. Apply it twice a day till the freckles is gone.
- You can also use it as a scrub. For the purpose, what you have to do is sprinkle a half teaspoon of sugar on it and rub it on your face. Wash your face after you are done. You should be regular at this, repeating it at least once a week.
3.) Buttermilk to Treat Freckles
Buttermilk is also an important member of the family of home remedies for freckles. It also works as a natural bleaching agent like lemon. It has another amazing quality – it makes the skin smooth. You can use the buttermilk to treat your freckles in three different ways:
- Firstly, you can apply it directly on the face and leave for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, wash it with lukewarm water. Do it twice a day.
- Secondly, you can also mix it with powdered oatmeal. Make a thick paste by combining the two and apply the paste on your face. Leave it for 30 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water. Apply it daily for best result.
- Thirdly, you can mix it with lemon. Mix the two in equal proportion and apply it on your face. After 10 minutes, wash it off with normal water.
4.) Tomato Juice for Freckles
Tomato juice is among the most effective remedies for freckles. It does not only help lighten the freckles, but glows your skin as well. Follow the given steps and treat your freckles:
- Take a fresh tomato and wash it properly to remove the dirt from the skin.
- Prepare the pulp by mashing the tomato nicely.
- Now, apply the mashed tomato on your skin.
- Give your skin a massage for 20 minutes and wash it off.
- Repeat it daily for two weeks and after two weeks, you get the positive results.
5.) Sour Milk as a Remedy for Freckles
Sour milk is among the simplest home remedies for freckles. What you have to do is apply it on your face and wash it. Here are the steps to guide you:
- Take a half glass of milk and pour some lemon juice in it.
- After 15 minutes, check the milk. If it curdles, then it means that it is sour milk now.
- Now take a cotton swab and dip in till it is completely saturated.
- Now apply the swab to the affected area.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and wash it with lukewarm water.
- If you have acne or oily skin, add lemon to it.
6.) Prepare a Vegetable Face Pack
Vegetable face pack is one the most easiest home remedies for freckles. Apply it on the face and cure your freckles. Use cucumber, strawberry and olive oil to make the face pack. Follow the steps to make the paste:
- Take two pieces of each cucumber and strawberry and one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Mash cucumber and strawberry and make a paste.
- Add olive oil to the paste.
- Now, apply it on the face and allow it to dry on its own.
- When it gets dry, wash it with water.
- Repeat the process four times a week.
7.) Papaya to Get Rid of Freckles
Papaya is used to improve the complexion of the skin. This tasty fruit is also counted among the amazing home remedies for freckles. Apply it directly on the face and get rid of freckles naturally at home. Here is the way that you can use it:
- Take a slice from papaya and extract juice from it.
- Apply some papaya juice on face using a cotton swab.
- Leave it for a while and wash your face.
- Repeat daily for a few weeks and your freckles will be lightened.
8.) Honey to Cure Freckles
Honey is also among the most remarkable home remedies for freckles. It has enzymes that help lighten the skin tone. It does not only lightens your skin, but moisturizes it as well. You can use the various methods to apply it:
- Mix honey with water and heat it in microwave. Apply it on the face and after a while, wash the face with lukewarm water. Repeat it daily.
- This is a daily process. Mix the honey with yogurt and apply it on the face for thirty minutes and wash it normal water.
- Mix the honey with wheat germ and make a herbal paste. Now apply it on the affected area and leave it for 10 minutes. Rinse it with lukewarm water and wash it with normal water. Do it four times a week for a couple of months. This process is among the most effective remedies for freckles.
9.) Turmeric for Freckles
Turmeric is among the best home remedies for freckles. Here are the steps that you need to follow to use turmeric to cure freckles:
- Get some turmeric sticks.
- Grind them to a powder.
- Add water to the powder and make a thick paste. A
- Apply it on the skin and leave for some time.
- Wash it with lukewarm water.
10.) Orange to Treat Freckles
Orange, another bleaching agent, is one of the most wonderful home remedies for freckles. Follow the steps to use it:
- Dry the orange peels and grind them to powder.
- Now mix essential orange oil and lemon juice to the powder.
- Mix it well and apply it on the face.
- When it gets dry, remove it by scrubbing it.
- Finally, wash the face with lukewarm water.
11.) Castor Oil to Get Rid of Skin Freckles
This is one of the beneficial methods for the treatment of skin freckles. It evens down the skin tone and gradually makes the freckles fade away. Follow the points given below to treat freckles.
- Take cold-pressed castor oil which is odorless and tasteless in a bowl.
- Massage castor oil on the skin freckles directly.
- Next morning, use a soft tissue to wipe off the oil.
- Now, wash the affected areas with lukewarm water.
- Follow this remedy on a daily basis until freckles fade away completely.
- Another thing that you can do is apply olive oil or vitamin E oil to reduce the skin freckles and blemishes.
12.) Eggplant to Treat Skin Freckles
This is one of the amazing choices to treat skin freckles. The antioxidants present in eggplant helps in the removal of skin freckles and make them less visible. Follow the points given below to fade away the freckles.
- Take a fresh eggplant and cut it into thick slices.
- Keep the eggplant slice on the affected areas of the skin.
- Rub this slice in circular motions on the freckles.
- For 10 to 15 minutes, leave it on the skin.
- Repeat this remedy every day for about a week to improve the appearance of the skin. A wait of few weeks and the freckles will be lightened.
13.) Horseradish to Remove Skin Freckles
Horseradish is one of the effective remedies for the removal of skin freckles. The vitamin C present in horseradish reduces blemishes and fades away the freckles. Horseradish also contains antioxidants that make the skin look young and healthy. Follow the points given below to treat freckles.
- In a cup of milk, add one tablespoon horseradish root powder.
- Boil this milk and then leave it to cool down.
- Strain it and then apply this milk on the skin freckles directly.
- Wash the skin off after 15 to 20 minutes.
- Follow this process 5 times a week for encouraging results.
- Grate a horseradish and mix lemon juice in it to make a paste.
- Apply this horseradish paste on the skin freckles directly.
- Leave it to dry completely.
- Wash your skin with cold water.
- Follow this method on a regular basis until you see visible results.
- Alternatively, apply this horseradish juice directly on the freckles and leave it for the next 10 minutes. Follow this treatment daily to lighten freckles.
14.) Sesame Seeds to Get Rid of Freckles
This is one of the excellent remedies to get rid of freckles. Sesame seeds along with turmeric make a wonderful combination. It fades away the freckles and makes the skin tone light. Follow the points given below for the removal of freckles.
- Take one tablespoon of sesame seeds and grind it to make a fine powder.
- Mix one teaspoon of turmeric in it and a little amount of water to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on your skin freckles directly.
- Wash the skin with cold water after 15 minutes.
- Repeat this remedy daily to fade away freckles.
15.) Licorice Root for the Removal of Freckles
This is one of the best remedies for the removal of freckles. It contains a component called glabridin which stops the production of melanin pigment which in turn makes it a good choice for skin lightening. It works excellently when mixed with jojoba oil. Follow the points given below to treat freckles completely.
- Mix 4 teaspoons of jojoba oil and half teaspoon of licorice root together.
- Dip a cotton ball in this solution and then apply it on your freckles directly.
- After 30 to 45 minutes, wash off the skin with water.
- Apply your moisturizer as usual.
- Repeat this method on a daily basis to treat freckles.
16.) Cucumber to Get Rid of Skin Freckles
This is one of the amazing remedies to get rid of skin freckles. Cucumber not only revitalizes the skin but also has bleaching properties which imparts a glow to the skin. It is an excellent remedy for blemishes and freckles. Cucumber contains phenylalanine that reduces the formation of melanin in the skin. Cucumber seed oil also contains vitamin E, oleic acid and phytosterols that nourishes and revitalizes the skin cells. Follow the points given below for the treatment of skin freckles.
- Mince a fresh cucumber to turn it into a paste.
- Apply this cucumber paste directly on your freckles.
- Alternatively, press a grated cucumber to extract its juice. Apply it on the affected areas of the skin. Wash you face after half an hour.
- Another thing that you can do is simple apply cucumber seed oil on the freckles.
- Repeat all these remedies on a daily basis to treat freckles.
17.) Almond Oil to Treat Freckles
The skin lightening effects of almond oil makes it a good choice for the treatment of freckles. The unsaturated fatty acids, minerals, phytosterols and vitamins E, B2 and B6 present in almond oil reduces blemishes and prevents wrinkles. Almond oil also contains vitamin E protects the skin from the harmful radiations of the sun. Follow the points given below to treat freckles.
- Pour some almond oil in a steel bowl and place this bowl on a vessel filled with hot water.
- Make sure that water does not enter the bowl of oil.
- Now, massage this warm oil directly on your freckles for about 20 minutes.
- The best time to apply almond oil is before going to bed.
- Follow this process daily for about 3 weeks to see effective results.
18.) Kiwi Fruit to Get Rid of Freckles
This is one of the excellent remedies to get rid of freckles. The antioxidants presents in kiwi fruit protects the skin from damage. The strawberries used in this remedy are loaded with enzymes and vitamin C that exfoliates the skin and lightens the skin. The combination of these two will give you a younger looking and blemish free skin. Follow the points given below for the removal of freckles.
- Take equal amounts of kiwi and strawberries.
- Mash and mix the pulp of both these fruits.
- Let this fruit pack stay on your face for the next 20 to 25 minutes.
- Wash off your face with normal water.
- Reapply this pack thrice a week to lighten freckles.
19.) Banana and Mint Face Pack to Treat Freckles
This is one of the best packs to treat freckles completely. Banana is the host of the important of vitamins and minerals and especially it contains salicylic acid that removes the epidermal layer of the skin. It exfoliates the skin and removes the dead skin cells. The mint used in this remedy is loaded with antioxidants and vitamins A and C which helps in making the skin tone lighter. It makes the skin look glowing. Follow the points given below to get rid of freckles.
- Take a handful of mint leaves and crush them to make a paste.
- Take a ripe banana and mash it to make a paste.
- Mix them together and apply it on your face as a mask.
- Wash your face once you see the banana melting.
- Repeat this method on a regular basis to treat freckles.
20.) Cocoa Butter to Get Rid of Freckles
This is one of the best methods to get rid of freckles. Cocoa butter contains antioxidants that reduce the freckles, dark spots and other skin conditions. It is an excellent remedy to keep the skin nourished and supple. Follow the points given below for the treatment of freckles.
- Use a mild exfoliator to clean your face.
- Dry your skin with a soft towel and apply this cocoa butter on the freckles.
- Continue massaging for a few minutes so that the butter is well absorbed in the skin.
- Leave it overnight and clean your face in the morning.
- Repeat this method every night to remove freckles.
Tips to Prevent Freckles
- Apply a good sunscreen with a high amount of SPF to stay away from the harmful radiations of the sun.
- Don’t step out in the sun during the peak hours of the day.
- Make sure you stay in the shade as soon as possible.
- Include vitamin C rich foods in your daily diet. Foods rich in vitamin C include guava, Kale, brussel sprouts, citrus fruits etc.