Looking for some home remedies for blemishes? If yes, this article will guide you to get rid of these stubborn marks. Blemishes refers to the small tiny marks on the face. Such marks can ruin your appearance and can also make you less attractive and unappealing. Blemishes occur as a discoloration or dark spots, caused due to breaking out of acne. Various other factors can also be responsible for blemishes are genetics, Improper skin hygienic, hormone, poor diet, excessive sun exposure, age factor, etc.
Papules, pustules, whiteheads, blackheads, can also be classified under blemishes, formed due to clogged pores. These blemishes can appear in any part of the body, However, they mainly occur on the face, back, neck, and shoulders.
Although, you can find different cosmetics, products or medical treatment to fight these ugly blemishes, but such treatments are very expensive and may have some side effects as well. Apart from medical or cosmetic treatment, you can go for these below mentioned home remedies for blemishes. These remedies are especially tailored to get rid of blemishes fast and naturally. But before that, let us do a little bit of homework about blemishes.
Types of Blemishes:
- Papules: Of all, Papules are the most common type of blemishes. It occurs because of sebaceous glands getting clogged up with dirt.
- Whiteheads: These are also known as blocked comedones. Whiteheads are a type of acne which are caused by skin pores clogged with accumulated dirt, oil and dead skin. These mainly appear on the cheeks, nose, temples and forehead.
- Blackheads: Blackheads are also known as comedones. As the name suggests they are black in color. When the skin’s pigment comes in contact with air, they turn to black color. This causes blackheads type of blemish.
- Pustules: Pustules are like papules only, but are filled with white, yellow pus sort of blisters.
- Cyst or Nodules: When clogged pores get worse, they increase in size and get deeper in the skin layer. Nodules are hard whereas cysts are filled with pus and are soft. It can ruin your appearance badly.
Causes of Blemishes:
- Hormone imbalance
- Your living environment.
- Excessive exposure to the sun.
- Picking, pinching or squeezing of acne.
Symptoms of Blemishes:
- Formation of bump filled with pus, mostly on facial skin.
- Discoloration of skin
- Painful pustules
- Change in texture of skin.
- Rough patches
- Inflammation, irritation or itchiness in skin.
- Brown or dark spots on the skin.
Home Remedies for Blemishes
- Home Remedies for Blemishes
- 1.) Apple Cider Vinegar as a Remedy for Blemishes
- 2.) Lemon Juice to Treat Blemishes and Dark Spots
- 3.) Potato to Get Rid of Blemishes on Face
- 4.) Tomato as a Remedy for Blemishes
- 5.) Aloe Vera for Blemishes and Dark Spots Treatment
- 6.) Orange as a Remedy for Blemishes and Dark Spots Treatment
- 7.) Cucumber to Get Rid of Blemishes
- 8.) Baking Soda as a Remedy for Blemishes
- 9.) Banana to Get Rid of Dark Spots
- 10.) Strawberry as a Remedy for Blemishes Treatment
1.) Apple Cider Vinegar as a Remedy for Blemishes
Apple cider vinegar or ACV contains alpha hydroxide acid, which are very useful for different skin treatments. It is one of the best home remedies for blemishes. ACV helps in lightening spots and blemishes. It helps maintain pH levels of the skin. It is very useful in reducing excess oil and unclogging pores as well. Plus, it prevents acne breakout because of its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Directions to Use Apple Cider Vinegar:
- Mix 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar with 3 tsp of water.
- Take a cotton ball and dip in the solution and dab the affected area.
- Leave it for 15 minutes to get absorbed.
- Do it for 2-3 times in a day to get rid of blemishes on face.
2.) Lemon Juice to Treat Blemishes and Dark Spots
Lemon is also considered one of the best remedies for blemishes and dark spots. Lemon has excellent bleaching properties which is very effective in lightening marks and spots. It also contains Vitamin C which helps in the production of collagen (protein tissue). Collagen is very useful in rejuvenating skin. The antibacterial properties of lemon helps in eliminating acne causing bacteria.
Directions to Use Lemon Juice:
- Squeeze out the lemon juice and apply directly on your face with your fingertips.
- Massage for a few minutes and leave.
- Wash it off after 10 minutes.
- Repeat it twice daily.
- Mix same amount of lemon juice and tomato juice.
- Apply this mixture on the affected skin.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes and wash it off.
- Repeat once daily for a few weeks.
- Mix 1 tsp of lemon juice and raw honey.
- Rub this mixture gently and evenly on your skin.
- Rinse your face after 20 minutes.
- Repeat this process thrice a week for a month to see improvement.
3.) Potato to Get Rid of Blemishes on Face
Potato is also among the best remedies for blemishes treatment. Starch present in potato helps in reducing pigmentation of the skin. It also helps in fading blemishes due to its fine bleaching properties.
Directions to Use Potato:
- Peel one potato and grate it.
- Extract the juice out of it and dip a cotton ball in it.
- Dab with soaked cotton ball on the affected area and leave it on for 15-20 minute.
- Afterwards, wash it off with water.
- Do this once daily for a month to see visible results.
4.) Tomato as a Remedy for Blemishes
Tomatoes are known to be quite rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants. It is an excellent remedy for getting rid of blemishes fast. Tomato helps to get glowing skin. It has astringent properties which are useful in curing acne and tightening pores. Tomatoes contain lycopene which is very helpful against sunburns.
Directions to Use Tomato:
- Massage your face with tomato pulp.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes before rinsing it off with cool water.
- Do this once everyday to get rid of blemishes quickly.
5.) Aloe Vera for Blemishes and Dark Spots Treatment
Aloe Vera helps in rejuvenating the skin by stimulating the growth of new skin cells. It treat scars and blemishes fast and naturally. It has anti-inflammatory properties which prevent acne breakout.
Directions to Use Aloe Vera:
- Mix 6 tsp of Aloe-Vera gel with 1 tsp of each of lemon and sugar.
- Rub this mixture on the affected skin and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Later, rinse it off with water.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a week to get rid of blemishes naturally.
- Extract gels from a fresh Aloe-Vera leaf and apply it on the affected skin.
- Leave it for several minutes to dry completely.
- Later, wash it off with water.
- Repeat daily for a month at least to see any improvement.
6.) Orange as a Remedy for Blemishes and Dark Spots Treatment
Orange acts as an ideal bleaching agent to lighten the skin. It helps reduce acne marks and blemishes naturally and fast. It also helps in healing sunburn. Orange is known for its rich content of Vitamin C and antioxidants. It helps in enhancing skin tone effectively.
Directions to Use Orange:
- Take 2 tsp of orange peel powder (purchase from a store) and 1 tsp each of raw honey and yogurt.
- Make a paste of it and apply it on the skin evenly.
- Leave this paste for 15-20 minute before washing it off with water.
- Apply it 2-3 times a week.
- It will help in fading blemishes faster.
7.) Cucumber to Get Rid of Blemishes
Cucumber is another one of the best remedies for blemishes or dark spots. Cucumber is known for its soothing and astringent properties. Cucumber helps effectively in unclogging pores. It helps remove scars and blemishes quite easily. Being rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants, it helps reduce inflammation and also improves skin tone.
Directions to Use Cucumber:
- Extract fresh cucumber juice in a vessel.
- Dip a cotton ball in cucumber juice and dab the affected skin surface gently.
- Leave it for half an hour before washing it off with cold water.
- Repeat this once a day for a month to get rid of blemishes.
- Blend half cucumber (peeled and chopped) with 5-10 tsp of lemon juice. Make a paste of it.
- Apply this paste all over your face evenly and leave it for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, wash it off with cold water.
- Apply this paste once daily until your blemishes fades.
8.) Baking Soda as a Remedy for Blemishes
Baking soda is very effective natural method to treat skin ailments. It can also be used to remove severe scars and blemishes. It has excellent exfoliating properties which help in removing dead skin. Plus, it promotes growth of new skin cells. Baking Soda is one of the best home remedies for blemishes on face and back.
Directions to Use Baking Soda:
- Take 2 tsp of baking soda and sufficient water to make a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected skin.
- With your fingertips, gently rub the skin in circular motion for 10-15 minutes.
- Leave it on for several minutes.
- After a few minutes, wash it off with water.
- Do this once daily for a month to see blemishes fading away.
9.) Banana to Get Rid of Dark Spots
The banana has excellent anti-inflammatory properties which helps in minimizing redness and inflammation of the acne. It also has plenty of antioxidants and potassium which are excellent for skincare.
Directions to Use Banana:
- Rub the banana pulp on the skin area for 5-10 minutes.
- Leave it on for at least 15 minutes.
- Wipe it off with a wet cloth to clean it.
- Repeat this process daily 2-3 times a day to get rid of blemishes and Dark Spots.
10.) Strawberry as a Remedy for Blemishes Treatment
Strawberry is rich in antioxidant properties that help to maintain clean and clear skin. It is also rich in Vitamin C, and many acids (alpha hydroxyl acid, salicylic acid) which are essential for exfoliating dead skin. It helps reduce acne, scars and other blemishes.
Directions to Use Strawberry:
- Mix 3 mashed strawberries with 2 tsp each of yogurt and raw honey.
- Apply this mixture on the face and neck and leave it for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, gently wipe the area with a clean warm washcloth.
- This will help in unclogging pores.
- Repeat this process twice a week to get rid of blemishes on face and back.