After writing, how to get rid of cold sores?, how to get rid of fever blisters?, and how to get rid of sore throat?, we are now writing the ways to get rid of a canker sore overnight and fast in mouth and on tongue. Canker sores are among the most common mouth problems affecting more than 20 per cent of population. Canker sores, also known as aphthous ulcers and aphthous stomatitis, are painful blisters that get developed inside the mouth. This article will give you best remedies to get rid of a canker sore overnight and fast. Canker sores can affect your tongue, throat and inside of the cheeks and lips. You can mark them with the gray, white, yellow or red color. Women are more prone to the problem than men.
In this article, we are going to discuss some of the best ways to get rid of a canker sore for instant relief. There are so many reasons that might be responsible for the occurrence of your canker sores. Development of canker sores can be a result of many problems including, stress, tiredness and fatigue, menstrual cycle, braces on teeth, mouth injury, consuming drinks that have a lot of acid, Food allergy, and deficiency of vitamins and minerals like vitamin B12, folic acid and iron. you can feel burning, pickling and tingling sensations, 24 hours before the occurrence of the sores. Canker sores are white, gray or yellow in color and are marked by red border. You can also face difficulty in eating, speaking or swallowing.
Types of Canker Sores:
Basically there are three types of canker sores:
- Minor Sores: Minor sores are the most common type of canker sores. They are usually 3 to 10 millimeters in size. This condition lasts from 7-10 days.
- Major/Larger Sores: The major sores are larger than 10 millimeters in size. They are marked by irregular border and they generally last from weeks to months. They take time to heal and they also leave scar behind.
- Herpetiform Sores: These sore are generally small in size, ranging from 2-3 millimeters in size. They heal without leaving any scar behind. This type of sores is marked by a bunch of sores, with almost 100 ulcers at one place.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of a Canker Sores:
- Home Remedies to Get Rid of a Canker Sores:
- 1.) Make Use of Honey
- 2.) Apply The Aloe Vera
- 3.) Baking Soda Will Help
- 4.) Use The Sage Herbs
- 5.) Make Use of Coriander Leaves
- 6.) Tea Tree Oil For Canker Sores
- 7.) Use Cayenne Pepper
- 8.) Use The Onion
- 9.) Hydrogen Peroxide Will Help
- 10.) Use The Chamomile Tea
- 11.) Salt Water Gargling
- 12.) Use Cold Compress
- 13.) Use The Papaya
- 14.) Plum Juice Extract
- 15.) Make Use of Alum
- Medication to Get Rid of a Canker Sores:
Canker sores can be easily treated at home. You do not have to run to the medical store to get rid of the problem. You can treat it easily at home. Here are some of the best home remedies to get rid of a canker sore in mouth and on tongue.
1.) Make Use of Honey
Honey is one of the best remedies to get rid of a canker sore in mouth and on tongue. It is rich in antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that help ease inflammation, pain and burning sensations. Along with that, it also helps remove redness. What you have to is apply honey on the canker sores several times a day. You can go for other way as well:
- Take one teaspoon honey in a bowl. Add one-fourth teaspoon of turmeric powder to it. Mix it well to make a fine paste.
- When the paste is ready, apply it on the affected area. Leave it for a few minutes and then wash off. Do it twice a day for best results.
2.) Apply The Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera gel is a remedy that soothes the sore and gives you relief from burning sensations, itching, inflammation and redness. It also speeds up the healing process. You can simply drink two tablespoons of aloe Vera juice. You can also apply it topically. What you have to do is:
- Take a fresh aloe Vera leaf and cut it into two to extract the gel.
- Collect the gel in a bowl and apply it on the affected area.
- Repeat it several times a day for best results.
3.) Baking Soda Will Help
Baking soda is also an excellent remedy from other remedies for canker sores and will help you for fast relief. It is the most recommended remedy on for canker sores treatment at home. You can easily treat canker sores by dissolving baking soda in water to form a paste. Simply holding the paste against your canker sores.
- Take a glass of warm water and mix baking soda with it. Simply, rinse your mouth a few times in a day for faster relief.
- It is not necessary to use only warm water, water at room temperature can also be used.
- You must take care that the water you are using to rinse mouth is not too cold, as the solution will not going to prepare properly.
4.) Use The Sage Herbs
Sage helps get you get almost instant relief from the inflammation and the pain. Using it is easy. Simply follow the steps given below:
- Boil a glass of water. Add three teaspoons of sage leaves to it.
- Cover it with a lid and allow to steep for 10 minutes.
- Allow it to cool on room temperature and use it rinse your mouth.
5.) Make Use of Coriander Leaves
You can also go for coriander leaves in order to get rid of a canker sore in mouth fast and naturally. It has soothing properties that help treat redness and inflammation fast. Boil a glass of water and two teaspoons of fresh coriander leaves to it. Steep it for 10 minutes and the allow it to cool down. Now, use the solution to rinse your mouth.
6.) Tea Tree Oil For Canker Sores
Tea tree oil contains antiseptic and antibacterial properties that can work effectively as skin disinfectants to aid cure canker sores. The medicinal properties of tea tree oil make it one of the best home remedies to treat canker sores overnight.
- Purchase tea tree oil from your nearest medical store.
- As this is easily available and you would not find any difficulty to get the oil.
- Just apply it on your agonizing canker sores this will really help you to get rid of canker sores.
7.) Use Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper has capsaicin that helps numb the nerves and thus provides you relief from the symptoms of canker sores. Take some cayenne pepper and add enough water to make a paste. When the paste is ready, apply it on the affected area. At first, you will experience some burning sensations and then it will calm down.
8.) Use The Onion
You can also try onions to get rid of canker sores fast and naturally. Cut an onion in small pieces and then press it against the affected area. Hold it is completely absorbed by the sore. Repeat the process several times a day for best results.
9.) Hydrogen Peroxide Will Help
You can also try hydrogen peroxide to get rid of canker sore. It helps soothe the area and cures canker sores fast. What you have to do is, take a glass of warm water. Add a tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide to it. Mix it well and use it to rinse your mouth.
10.) Use The Chamomile Tea
Chamomile tea has properties that help reduce inflammation, redness, itching and pain. What you have to do is, take a tea bag and dip it in a glass of warm water. Now press the bag against the affected area. Hold it for a while and remove.
11.) Salt Water Gargling
Gargling mouth with salt and warm water is one of the easiest ways to treat canker sores fast. The ingredient is easily available as you only need common salt and water. Common salt will help to draw the fluid from the canker sore and also speed up the healing. Just one minute of rinsing is can do the trick and if you use highly concentrated sodium chloride then it will improve healing.
- Take a glass, fill it with warm water and add salt to it. Make sure you add sufficient amount salt to the water, such that the solution will be moderate concentrated.
- Rinse your mouth with the solution several times in a day. This very simple remedy is very useful in treating canker sores naturally.
12.) Use Cold Compress
Cold Compress is one of the best remedies to get rid of a canker sore in mouth. It helps with the inflammation and itching. It also helps calm down the burning sensation and relieves the area from redness and pain. What you have to do is:
- Take a clean cloth and wrap ice cubes in it.
- Press the cubes against sores, hold and remove.
- Repeat Several times for best results.
13.) Use The Papaya
Papaya Tablets are also very useful to get rid of canker sores naturally. But, in case, you would not get the Papaya Tablets and do not get disappointed. Simply, you can consume raw papaya and it will also help to same extend as papaya tablets do.
Papayas provide many health benefits for a human. Mashed Papayas are usually very beneficial for wound healing and also prevents from infection. Studies show that enzymes found in Papayas are very beneficial. An ointment containing Papayas is very good to treat canker sores.
14.) Plum Juice Extract
Rinsing mouth with plum juice extract is another very useful method to get rid of canker sores naturally. Plum juice extract usually considered as a good nutrient for muscles. Also, it is a very good source of iron and contain all ingredients to cure canker sores. There are also many other benefits of plum juice extract, which make it useful to get rid of canker sores naturally.
15.) Make Use of Alum
Alum can put on the canker sores, it will hurt like crazy you will feel a burning sensation for about a minute. But, it relieves the pain and will heal you very fast. You can repeat it once or twice in a day, but not more than twice.
Medication to Get Rid of a Canker Sores:
You can also use different prescribed medicines to get rid of canker sores. Here are the medicines that you can request the prescription for:
1.) Mouth Rinse to Get Rid of a Canker Sores
You can request a prescription for mouth rinse. You can try any of the two mouth rinse, dexamethasone or tetracycline. Dexamethasone is the remedy that reduces pain and inflammation while tetracycline is used for extreme cases.
2.) Ointment to Get Rid of a Canker Sores
You can also request prescription for topical ointments. You can try some topical ointment such as benzocaine and fluocinonide. These ointments help speed up the healing process. You should try these ointments around four times a day.
3.) Consult a Doctor
You cannot always rely on home remedies and treatment that you carry on by yourself. In some cases, these might not work at all and thus might have to consult your doctor. You should consult your doctor, If you suffer with canker sores on a regular basis. If the sores last for more than a month.