After writing, how to get rid of dry skin?, how to exfoliate skin?, and how to tighten lose skin?, we are now writing the best ways to get rid of cellulite on legs. Cellulite is basically made up of fatty and free-floating cells that get deposited under your skin. It makes the surface of your skin dimpled. There are various factors that lead to this problem. So, if you are facing such problem then don’t take it casually. In this article, we are telling the best remedies to get rid of cellulite on legs, thigh, buttocks, an other area of body. It may become serious at one point of time and change the texture of your body. Therefore, it is really important to treat this problem sincerely. This article will provide you several natural ways to get rid of cellulite on legs.
What Causes Cellulite on Legs and Other Body Areas?
There are several causes that lead to cellulite on legs.
- Hormonal Factors: Hormones play an important role in cellulite formation. There are several hormones like estrogen, insulin, prolactin, and noradrenaline may cause cellulite on legs.
- Genetics: Genes also plays an important role in cellulite development.
- Diet: People who eat too much fatty food, oily food, carbohydrates, salt and too little amount of fiber also suffer with cellulite.
- Lifestyle Factors: The are several lifestyle factors that also causes cellulite. This may include smoking, sitting, or standing in one position for long periods of time.
- Clothing: Tight undergarments may also contribute to the formation of cellulite.
Ways to Get Rid of Cellulite on Legs:
1.) Perform Dry Brushing
Dry brushing is one of the easiest ways to get rid of cellulite on legs. Brushing helps improve circulation of blood and lymphatic drainage. It eliminates the build-up of toxins from the upper layer of the skin and reduces the cellulite. This remedy may seem weird but it works effectively in most of the cases. Here is the method.
- Before going ahead, make sure your skin and brush are dry. Firmly start brushing from your feet to your shoulders. Target the cellulite affected area more.
- Make sure to brush your body from left to right side and maintain the brushing movements targeting toward the heart to promote blood circulation.
- Continue this dry brushing for about 5 minutes. Lastly, take a shower to get rid of cellulite on legs, removes dead skin cells and impurities. Brush once daily prior to taking a shower for a few months or until the condition improves.
2.) Use The Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper is one of the best fat-burning foods and helps to get rid of cellulite on legs. It has amazing ability to heat up the body and reduce fat. It can even increase the blood circulation and boost the metabolism of the body. Cayenne pepper has the great ability to replace bad skin cells with strong healthy cells. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- Mix one teaspoon of grated ginger with 1-2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper powder. Also, add fresh-squeezed lemon juice in it.
- Mix it well these ingredients in one glass of warm water. Drink this solution on a regular basis for one or two months to get rid of cellulite on legs.
3.) Use Coffee Grounds
Coffee ground is an exfoliating scrub that can remove dead skin cells easily and help to get rid of cellulite on legs. It can also regenerate new and healthy cells in the body. Also, drinking coffee also helps in improving blood circulation. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- Make a paste by mixing together three tablespoons of sugar, 1/4th cup of coffee grounds, and 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil.
- Massage this paste on the affected skin for several minutes. Finally, wash it off with lukewarm water. Use this remedy 2-3 times a week to get rid of cellulite on legs.
4.) Massage With Juniper Oil
The best part about juniper oil is that it contains amazing detoxifying properties. It can even reduce fluid retention. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- Take one-fourth cup of olive oil and mix 10-15 drops of juniper oil in it.
- Massage this mixture on the affected area for about 10 minutes.
- Do this remedy twice a day on a regular basis.
5.) Use The Seaweed
Seaweed is a great natural exfoliating agent and helps to get rid of cellulite on legs. It can stimulate blood circulation and also improves skin texture and remove cellulite on legs. It even helps in flushing out the harmful toxins from your body. Hence, it can exfoliate skin better than anything. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- Mix together one-fourth cup each of sea salt with three tablespoons of ground seaweed. Also, add extra-virgin olive oil and a few drops of any essential oil in this mixture.
- Massage using this mixture on the affected area for about 10 minutes. After this, just take a shower. Also, don’t forget to apply moisturizer after taking a shower.
- Follow this remedy once on a regular basis for several weeks. You may also take seaweed bath to reduce cellulite on legs.
6.) Apply Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar helps a lot to get rid of cellulite on legs as it contains various minerals, magnesium, potassium, and calcium in it. All these elements can flush out toxins from your body easily. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Take two parts water and add one part of apple cider vinegar in it. If you want then you may also add a bit of honey in it. Rub this solution on the affected area of your leg.
- Leave it on the affected area for about 30 minutes. After this, just rinse it off with warm water. Apply this treatment twice on a regular basis until you get rid of cellulite on legs.
7.) Apply The Green Clay
Green clay can remove dead skin cells from the body easily. It can also absorb impurities and fats of the body and helps to get rid of cellulite on legs. It is a great ingredient that can repair and strengthen connective tissues. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Mix together one-quarter cup of freshly squeezed lime with one and a half cup each of green clay. Mix it well and prepare a mixture.
- Rub this mixture on your legs using circular motions. After this, cover your legs with plastic wrap. Leave it on for about 30 minutes.
- At last, just wash it off with lukewarm water. Apply, this remedy once in a week to get the desired result.
8.) Consume More Protein
Not only useful for people trying to bulk up their muscles, this is also effective to cure cellulite. Protein is known to strengthen collagen and elastin which help in skin tightening and to reduce wrinkles. Imagine, if this is helpful in curing your wrinkle problem, what it can do for your behind. As you increase your protein intake you would notice the dimples disappearing completely. For added proteins add more eggs and chicken.
9.) Apply The Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera has proven to be a key remedy for almost all the skin problems. It is great at treating cellulite as well. It is great for improving the texture of the skin and thus, it is counted among the best home remedies for cellulite reduction. What you have to do is:
- Take a fleshy Aloe Vera leaf and cut it into two to extract the gel from it. Now apply the gel on the affected area and leave it for some time.
- Wash it off after it dries off. Do it on a daily basis to get the desired results.
10.) Cardio Exercises Will Help
Also known as the fat buster workout system, cardio exercises can elevate your heartbeat and burn the extra calories. Frame a proper workout system by suggesting a professional or by joining a gym. There are several home workout DVDs available in the market too which have been recognized for an effective workout. Perform running, jumping, cycling and swimming to enhance your bodies stress tolerance to finally get rid of the bumps. Leaving you with a nice and toned behind which everyone envies.
11.) Have Some Omega-3
If you are not consuming healthy fats then cellulite is bound to occur. Make sure to add healthy fats like omega 3 in your diet. It will improve collagen formation and being anti-inflammatory in nature it promotes growth of skin fresh skin cells. It is the best available fat that you can consume and moreover it will help you with your fitness goals. Add more fish to your diet or use it for cooking purposes to get your daily intake.
13.) Make Use of Epsom Salt
Although, not much research has been done on Epsom salt as a remedy to get rid of cellulite but it is still worth the try. Just put some Epsom salt in some warm water in a tub. Mix it well and immerse your whole body in the salt solution. The salt will help in relaxing the skin along with getting rid of the dead skin cells. It is basically an exfoliation method and in many cases effective.
14.) Massage The Area
Whether you believe it or not but massage can actually help. A professional masseur can help rejuvenate your skin along with helping up with dimple formation. A good massage will focus on all the essential parts of your body, making sure that there are no bends or curves left. It is advised to use an essential oil for this purpose. Anything like olive oil, lavender or almond oil would work just fine.
15.) Perform Resistance Training
Resistance or simply weight training is the contraction of muscles by force from some form of weight equipment. Today resistance training is one of the most popular forms of workout mainly because of its effective results. Lifting heavy weights, stretching, cable exercise all come under the domain of this form of workout.
For your cellulite it is best advised to perform exercises like dead lifts, squats and the bridge up. It is advised to consult an expert before performing these exercises on your own. They will not only burn your fat but also come in handy tone your butt. You will finally get rid of the cellulite on legs completely.
16.) Consume Proper Diet
One of the most important things to keep in mind, if you want to get rid of cellulite on legs then you need to maintain a proper diet. A well balance diet will keep your health in check and will keep all the fast away. Especially for cellulite a healthy diet, rich in essential proteins and vitamins can come in handy. It will help keep your weight in check, making sure no bumps form on your skin behind.
17.) Exfoliate The Skin
Many at times cellulite can occur due to presence of dead skin cells around the body, which lead to loosening up of skin. It therefore is recommended to exfoliate the target area with a good exfoliating agent. Make sure to go through a proper exfoliation therapy and continue the treatment for some days. You will notice with time your cellulite disappearing. Giving you a more refined and beautiful butt area.
18.) Use The Green Tea
Green tea is packed with herbs that is used to treat n number of problems and diseases. It is known to burn the calories and thus it is used to lose weight. All the qualities present in green tea make it one of the most amazing remedies for cellulite reduction. Using it is easy. You just have to have at least four cups of green tea a day and you get rid of cellulite on legs.
19.) Cellulite Wraps
There name may sound weird at first but these are your best bet at loosing that ugly cellulite. Contrary to the popular belief, they can be prepared at home and are natural. Follow the procedure below to use this method to get rid of cellulite:
- Apply wet mud or clay on the affected area. Wrap the whole thing up with a clean cloth and let it remain there for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Remove after some time and apply a nice skin lotion. Continue the treatment for at least a month for long term benefits.
20.) Massage with Tangerine Oil
This oil can break down the fat from leg effectively. It also improves the blood circulation. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- Add olive oil in five drops of tangerine oil. Mix it well and rub this mixture on the affected area thoroughly. Massage using this oil for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Also, don’t forget to avoid sunlight at any cost for an hour after using this oil. Apply, this remedy on a regular basis for a few weeks to reduce cellulite.
- You may also consume this oil orally to boost the metabolism of your body.
21.) Eat Some Salmon
Salmon helps in breaking down the fat on legs as it is a rich antioxidant. It also contains omega-3 fatty acids that even provides the smooth texture to your skin. It also improves the blood circulation and remove all the harmful toxins from your blood vessels. So, start eating this seafood to promote healing.
22.) Keep Yourself Hydrated
Drink proper amount of water to remove all the harmful toxins from your body. It is a great way to detoxify the body. Drinking water not only provides numerous health benefits, but it also keeps your body healthy by removing all the harmful toxins from your body through urination.
Few Treatments for Cellulite on Legs:
Here are several therapies used to treat cellulite on the legs. But none of them are supported in scientific and medical terms. Well, few therapeutic methods for cellulite that contain both physical and mechanical means that are as follows:
- Body massages that stabilizes a lymphatic flow
- Heat Therapy
- Radio Frequency therapy
- Pneumatic Massages
- Magnetic Therapy
- Electrical Stimulation
- Radial Waves therapy
Well, the best way to prevent cellulite on legs is to maintain a proper and healthy diet. At times, we rarely pay attention towards what we consume on a day to day basis. In such situation, it becomes really important to maintain a weight loss diet plan that contains healthy and nutritious foods and vegetables. So, maintain a healthy weight by performing few important exercises and eating healthy and nutritious foods.
Also, one should avoid taking a lot of stress as it is considered to a big reason for getting cellulite on legs. So, stop worrying much as your emotion state may affect your physical health adversely. In addition just wear loose-fitting garments to prevent cellulite on legs. So, follow method and remedies to get rid of cellulite on legs.