This article is about home remedies for bags under eyes. After a long tiring day do you find puffiness around your eyes or dark circles, when you are not abe to sleep sufficiently? If yes, then you are at right place. We will tell you different home remedies for bags under eyes. There are many cosmetics which promises smooth skin, however, they are quite expensive and does not suit everybody. Therefore, soon you will find yourself sailing in the same boat so it’s better to follow household remedies to treat the puffiness around the eyes. Read more, to know about bags under eyes and home remedies for bags under eyes.
Symptoms of Bags Under Eyes:
- Loose or saggy skin under eyes
- Mild swelling under eyes
- Dark circles under the eyes
- Inflammation around the eyes
Causes of Bags Under Eyes:
- Long working hours
- Lack of sleep
- Reading for long hours
- Hormonal imbalances
- During pregnancy
- Excessive sun exposure
- Sitting in front of the computer for a long time.
Household Remedies for Bags Under Eyes:
- Household Remedies for Bags Under Eyes:
- 1.) Aloe-Vera to Get Rid of Bags Under Eyes
- 2.) Cold Water to Reduce Puffiness
- 3.) Cucumber to Cure Puffiness Around the Eyes
- 4.) Tea- Bag to Treat Bags Under Eyes
- 5.) Adequate Sleep to Cure Bags Under Eyes
- 6.) Almond Oil to Prevent Bags Under Eyes
- 7.) Egg Whites for Bags Under Eyes
- 8.) Tomato to Cure Puffiness Around Eyes
- 9.) Raw Potato for Puffy Eyes
- 10.) Rose Water to Avoid Bags Under Eyes
- 11.) Salt Water to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags
- 12.) Strawberries to Treat Under Eye Bags
- 13.) Essential Oil to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags
- 14.) Coffee Grounds to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags
- 15.) Petroleum Jelly to Treat Under Eye Bags
- 16.) Witch Hazel to Eliminate Under Eye Bags
- 17.) Vitamin K to Reduce Eye Puffiness
- 18.) Coconut Oil to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags at Home
- 19.) Fresh Butter to Treat Under Eye Bags
- 20.) Vitamin E Oil to Treat Under Eye Bags
1.) Aloe-Vera to Get Rid of Bags Under Eyes
It is one of the best remedies for bags under eyes. Aloe-Vera, the king of skin and hair remedies is enriched with the goodness of Vitamin E and antioxidants. Moreover, it has cooling and anti- inflammatory agent. These properties help to treat the bags under eyes and puffiness around. It also treats fine lines and wrinkles as well. If you don’t have access to fresh Aloe-Vera gel then you can buy the gel from the local market in your area. For best results do the following:
- Apply Aloe-Vera gel under the eyes regularly before going to the bed. It increases the blood flow and helps you to get rid of bags under eyes.
- To use the fresh Aloe-Vera, cut the leaf and peel the upper layer of it and with the help of a spoon scratch the gel and apply it to your eyes.
- While applying the gel, make sure it does not come in contact with your eyes.
2.) Cold Water to Reduce Puffiness
Lack of sleep might result from bags under your eyes. To treat the dark circles wash your eyes with cold water. The water will limit the blood vessels and reduce the swelling.
- Wash your face with cold water, splash the water on the affected area. Repeat it until you get rid of bags under eyes.
- Alternatively, you can apply cold compress. Wrap A few ice cubes in a muslin or soft cloth and massage it under your eyes. Repeat this 3-4 times a day to bid adieu to puffiness.
3.) Cucumber to Cure Puffiness Around the Eyes
A slice of a cucumber under the eyes is one of the quick remedies for bags under the eyes. It sooth the affected area. Cucumber has a cooling property which drops the temperature of the under skin area and treats the dark circles. However, a refrigerated cucumber is more beneficial. So apart from eating it, place it under your eyes as well.
- Cut a slice of the cucumber (refrigerated) and place it under your eyes.
- Relax your body for a while and let the coolness of the cucumber work on the affected area.
- Do this regularly to get rid of puffiness and dark circles under eyes.
4.) Tea- Bag to Treat Bags Under Eyes
A cold tea bag is a good substitute of a cucumber. A component called tannin is present in the tea bag which treats the bags under the eyes. Moreover, it provides a soothing effect as well.
- Take one cup of boiled water and dip your favorite tea- bag into it.
- Drink the tea and instead of throwing the tea bags store it in your refrigerator.
- When the tea bags cool, place them under eyes to use them to treat the dark circles under both the eyes.
5.) Adequate Sleep to Cure Bags Under Eyes
Bags under eyes can pop out because of lack of sleep. So make sure you take sufficient sleep of 7-8 hours. It is one of the ideal remedies for bags under eyes. If you find hard to sleep, then play a soft musing while going to sleep. The soft music will relax your brain and help you to sleep. If you don’t catch up sufficient sleep, the blood circulation is reduced and the skin will become pale which further gives way to dark circles.
6.) Almond Oil to Prevent Bags Under Eyes
Almond oil is a rich source of vitamin E, the main nutrient which heals the puffiness and dark circles. It work as a moisturizer and hydrates the affected part. Sometimes dryness also results from bags under eyes. So to keep the dryness at the bay massage few drops of almond oil under the eyes. Gentle massage will also increase the blood flow and cure bags under the eye.
- Take 5-8 drops of almond oil in an a boil and gently massage it under the eyes using fingers.
- Alternatively, you can also add half spoon of honey into it. Do this regularly before hitting the hay.
- Instead of almond oil, you can also grind few almonds and mix half teaspoon of milk in it.
- Apply this mixture on the affected area and rinse it after 15-20 minutes.
7.) Egg Whites for Bags Under Eyes
Egg white is enriched with skin tightening properties, which treat the bag under eyes and gives you clear and supple skin. It is one of the effective home remedies for bags under eyes. All you have to do is:
- In a bowl take two egg whites and whip them.
- After whipping add 3-4 drops of witch hazel in the egg white and mix it properly.
- Witch hazel works as an astringent and provides you flawless skin.
- Dip a cotton swab in this mixture and apply it under the eyes.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes and rinse it with normal water.
- Repeat the remedy regularly to get rid of dark circles.
8.) Tomato to Cure Puffiness Around Eyes
Tomato is a rich source of B-carotene. It has bleaching properties. The red vegetable acts as the natural bleach and conceals your dark circles. So consume 1-2 tomato regularly and do the following to get rid of bags under eyes.
- In a bowl mix 2 tablespoons of tomato juice, 1 and ½ spoon of lemon juice.
- Mix both the juices. With the help of a cotton ball, apply it under your eyes.
- Leave the juice for 10-15 minutes, until it dries. Then wash the affected part with the normal water. Follow this remedy 2 times a day for few months and see the difference.
- Alternatively, you can drink tomato juice infused with mint leaves. Mint has a cooling property which helps to cure the dark circles.
9.) Raw Potato for Puffy Eyes
Raw potato is the best substitute of tomato. It also has bleaching properties which lighten the dark circles and gives you a clean and glowing skin.
- Grate 2 raw potatoes.
- Wrap the grated part in the muslin cloth and squeeze it into a bowl to extract the juice out of it.
- Apply the juice over the affected area. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and then rinse it.
- Alternatively, you can also rub half potato over the dark circles.
- The remedy also cures blemishes and tanning.
10.) Rose Water to Avoid Bags Under Eyes
Rose water is filled with cooling properties and other nutrients that wipe out dark circles. It nourishes the skin. Moreover, it is ideal natural toner since it contains astringent properties.
- Dab a cotton ball in the rose water and place it on the bags under the eyes.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes and wash it.
- Repeat this remedy daily before hitting the sack.
11.) Salt Water to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags
This is one of the most effective remedies to treat under eye bags. Salt with hot water is a perfect combination to reduce puffiness and swelling under the eyes. This salt water also helps to get rid of fluid retention which makes the eyes look puffy. Check out the steps given below and say good bye to puffy eyes.
- Fill a bowl with 4 cups of water. The water should be warm but not too hot.
- Mix half teaspoon of salt in this water.
- Soak cotton balls in this saline water and then keep it on your eyelids.
- After a few minutes, change the set of cotton balls.
- Repeat this method for atleast 20 minutes to notice the difference and get relief.
12.) Strawberries to Treat Under Eye Bags
This is another amazing remedy that helps in the treatment of under eye bags. Strawberries contain alpha hydroxy acid that makes the skin look young and smooth. It is an excellent choice to reduce swelling and eye puffiness. Check out the steps given below to get quick results.
- Keep 4 to 5 fresh strawberries in a refrigerator.
- Take out the strawberries from the refrigerator after 30 minutes and remove the top of each strawberry.
- Cut down thick slices of each strawberry.
- Place this strawberry slice under your eyes for a few minutes.
- Once the coolness is gone, change the strawberry slice.
- Follow this procedure two to three times in a week to remove bags under eyes.
13.) Essential Oil to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags
The blend of essential oils will do wonders for your eyes. In this remedy, you need to use lavender oil, lemon oil and chamomile oil. Lemon oil gives quick relief from stress and has the presence of natural antioxidants that keeps the eyes healthy. The soothing and calming properties of lavender oil calms down the nerves under the eyes. On the other hand, chamomile essential oil is loaded with anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory properties that minimize the puffiness of the eyes. Check out the steps given below to treat under eye bags.
- Mix one drop each of lavender oil, chamomile oil and lemon oil.
- Blend this mixture of oils with one teaspoon of water.
- Apply this oil under your eyes and massage gently.
- Leave this oil overnight.
- Repeat this method every night before sleeping to get rid of eye bags.
14.) Coffee Grounds to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags
This is one of the wonderful home remedies to get rid of under eye bags. Caffeine is an ingredient present in coffee which has anti-inflammatory properties that reduces the swelling and puffiness under the eyes. The black pepper used increases the blood circulation and maintains the health of skin cells under the eyes. In this remedy, the coconut oil used which makes the skin soft and glowing. Check out the steps given below to reduce eye puffiness.
- In a bowl, add half teaspoon of ground coffee beans and one teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Add a pinch of black pepper powder and mix all the ingredients to create a mixture.
- Now, apply this prepared mixture carefully under your eyes. It should not go into the eyes.
- Let this mixture stay under the eyes for the next 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wipe away the paste with a wet cloth or a face wipe.
- Repeat this remedy few times per week to reduce eye puffiness.
15.) Petroleum Jelly to Treat Under Eye Bags
This is one of the amazing methods to treat under eye bags. Petroleum jelly not only moisturizes the skin but also heals and repairs it. It also reduces the swelling, soreness and irritation under the eyes. Check out the steps given below to reduce eye puffiness.
- Dab a sufficient amount of petroleum jelly under your eyes.
- Massage it gently under the eyes for a few minutes.
- Repeat this treatment every night until you get rid of under eye bags.
16.) Witch Hazel to Eliminate Under Eye Bags
This is one of the most effective remedies to eliminate under eye bags. The astringent properties present in witch hazel makes it a good option for eye puffiness. It also tightens the skin and helps to get rid of swollen eyes. Check out the steps given below to reduce eye bags.
- Take 2 to 3 tablespoons of witch hazel in a bowl.
- Soak a few cotton pads in it for a few minutes.
- Squeeze the excess witch hazel out and place the cotton balls under the eyes.
- Let it stay on the eyes for about 15 to 20 minutes. Keep on changing the cotton balls.
- Repeat this method two to three times in a day to get rid of under eye bags completely.
17.) Vitamin K to Reduce Eye Puffiness
This is one of the best remedies to reduce eye puffiness. Vitamin K is very important for the blood circulation in the body and the deficiency of this vitamin causes swelling and forms under eye bags. To keep your eyes healthy, you need to include vitamin K rich foods in your daily diet. Foods rich in vitamin K include strawberries, sprouts, liver, green leafy vegetables, carrots and broccoli. This is one of the best ways to get rid of the eye irritation, swelling and puffiness under the eyes.
18.) Coconut Oil to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags at Home
This is one of the miraculous oils to get rid of under eye bags at home. Coconut oil contains lactic acid that has anti-inflammatory properties which makes it a good choice for skin. Coconut oil also provides essential nutrients which are important for the skin. It is one of the excellent choices to eliminate under eye bags. Check out the steps given below to reduce eye swelling and puffiness.
- Take extra virgin coconut oil and gently massage it under your eyes with the help of your fingers.
- Gently massage in clockwise and anti-clockwise direction.
- Leave it on the skin for one night.
- Repeat this method every night to eliminate eye bags.
19.) Fresh Butter to Treat Under Eye Bags
Fresh butter in greasy in nature which not only moisturizes the skin but also avoids irritation, dryness, patchiness, itching and dullness. All you need to do is take fresh butter and massage it gently under the eyes. Continue massaging in circular strokes for the next 15 to 20 minutes. Leave it for about 20 minutes so that the nutrients are properly absorbed by the skin. Wash your eyes with warm water to treat eye bags.
20.) Vitamin E Oil to Treat Under Eye Bags
This is one of the best oils to treat under eye bags. Vitamin E oil provides the skin with essential nutrients that evades the droopiness from the eyes. All you need to do is apply vitamin E oil on the under eyes and massage in circular motions. You can even mix grapeseed oil with vitamin E oil to fight the signs of aging.