This article is about home remedies for Acidity relief. The access secretion of acids in gastric glands present in stomach leads to heartburn, acidity, and indigestion. The common cause of such problem is regular consumption of spicy foods. The problem is curable at home and you need not visit the doctor to cure acidity. All you have to do is follow the below-listed home remedies for acidity by heart. Read more, to know about acidity and home remedies for acidity relief.
Symptoms of Acidity:
- Gastric problem
- Bad Breath
- Stomach pain
- Nausea with vomiting
- Acidic taste
- Bad breath
- Decreased appetite
- Growing stomach
- Burning sensation in stomach
Causes of Acidity:
- Spicy foods
- Peptic ulcers
- Gastroesophageal disease
- Reflex disease
- Stomach tumors
Household Remedies for Acidity Relief:
- Household Remedies for Acidity Relief:
- 1.) Banana for Acidity Relief
- 2.) Mint Leaves for Acidity Relief
- 3.) Cumin Seeds for Acidity Relief
- 4.) Apple Cider Vinegar for Acidity Relief
- 5.) Cinnamon for Acidity Relief
- 6.) Clove for Acidity Relief
- 7.) Buttermilk for Clean Stomach
- 8.) Cold Milk to Treat Acidity and Heartburn
- 9.) Ginger to Prevent Acidity
- 10.) Fennel Seeds to Heal Acidity
1.) Banana for Acidity Relief
Banana is enriched with potassium. It controls the production of the acid. The components present in the fruit increases the production of the mucus in the stomach, which protects the stomach from excessive acid production. Moreover, banana contains a high content of fiber, which speeds up the digestion process. However, ripe bananas are more effective.
How to Use Banana to Treat Acidity?
- For instant relief from acidity eat a ripe banana.
- However, over ripe bananas which we generally discard are considered more beneficial as they contain more potassium. So it’s better to eat over-ripe bananas.
- You can also drink a banana shake to treat the acidity.
2.) Mint Leaves for Acidity Relief
Mint leaves bring down the content of acid in the stomach and improve the digestion. It can also be used to treat the pain and burning sensation experienced during acidity since it has cooling properties.
How to Use Mint Leaves to cure Acidity?
- During acidity, boil one glass of water and add 5-8 chopped mint leaves in it.
- Then leave the water to cool at room temperature.
- Later, strain the water and drink it. It will immediately calm down indigestion.
- Drink this solution whenever you experience the
3.) Cumin Seeds for Acidity Relief
Cumin seeds carry certain properties which regulate the saliva production and helps in digestion. It also fight back with gastric problems and increases the metabolism. Cumin seeds also cure ulcers as it can calm the irritated stomach.
How to Use Cumin Seeds to Get Rid of Acidity?
- In a boiling water add cumin seeds. Let the solution cool and drink it.
- Alternatively, you can also chew some seeds of cumin to treat the acidity or heartburn.
4.) Apple Cider Vinegar for Acidity Relief
ACV justifies the phrase “diamonds can only cut the diamonds” similarly being acidic nature ACV combats with acidity. It alkalies the over production of the acid in the stomach.
How to Use ACV to Cure Acidity?
- In a cup of water mix 1-2 t-spoons of unfiltered and raw ACV. Drink it once or twice in a day.
- However, it is more effective if it is taken before the meals
5.) Cinnamon for Acidity Relief
Cinnamon improves the digestion and being antacid it treats the problem of bloating also which is commonly associated with acidity.
How to Use Cinnamon for Acidity Relief?
- In a cup of water mix half t-spoon of cinnamon.
- Boil the water and let it steep.
- Drink the water 2-3 times a day.
- Alternatively, add a cinnamon powder in a salad, soup or your regular tea (without milk).
6.) Clove for Acidity Relief
Clove has a pungent taste which works in your favor. It secrete excess saliva and improves the digestion. It also has carminative properties which move the food from the stomach and treats the acidity.
How to Use Clove to Prevent Acidity?
- Bite a clove and keep it in your mouth.
- While chewing, it will release juice which will aid the acidity problem instantly.
- To prevent the gastric problem and regularly chew cloves with an empty stomach.
7.) Buttermilk for Clean Stomach
Buttermilk contains lactic acid that balances the acid in the production. Buttermilk is easily available at a confectionary shop. You can make it at home also.
- Make a paste of 1 t-spoon of fenugreek seeds with a few drops of water.
- Mix the solution in a glass of buttermilk.
- Drink this solution during acidity.
- Alternatively, add black pepper and one tablespoon coriander leaf in the buttermilk.
- For spare results drink a glass of buttermilk regularly, especially during summers.
8.) Cold Milk to Treat Acidity and Heartburn
If you don’t get buttermilk then cold milk will also solve your problem. Milk is a good source of calcium. It prevents the overproduction of the acid in the stomach. It also contains lactic acid that fights back with acidity and treats the burning sensation experienced during acidity.
How to Use Cold Milk for Heartburn?
- Drink a glass of cold milk without sugar.
- Alternatively, you can also add clarified butter for better results.
9.) Ginger to Prevent Acidity
Ginger contains anti-inflammatory properties that cure the acidity. You can also drink ginger juice as it neutralizes the acids in the stomach.
How to Use Ginger to Cure Acidity?
- In a boiling water add few slice of ginger. Let it steep, later drink the water.
- Alternatively, you can simply chew a slice of fresh ginger or drink a spoonful of ginger juice.
- However, do not drink ginger tea too much.
10.) Fennel Seeds to Heal Acidity
The carminative properties of fennel seed help to treat digestion problem and bloating. It is one of the ideal remedies for stomach related problems.
How to Use Fennel Seeds to Cure Acidity?
- After lunch or dinner chew few fennel seeds.
- You can also add fennel seeds in your regular tea.
- Or, just add few fennel seeds in the boiling water. Let it steep and drink the water.
Other Useful Tips to Avoid Acidity:
- Don’t eat spicy food.
- Don’t sleep after having meals.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking.
- Drink a glass of lukewarm water every day.
- Have your dinner before 2-3 hours of going to sleep.
- Replace caffeine with fresh juice or coconut water.
- Include vegetables like beans, pumpkin, carrot, spring onions and drumsticks in your diet.
- For instant relief try chewing gum.
- Have small and regular intervals of the meal to avoid acidity.
- Drink herbal tea instead of the regular tea.