In this article, we will discuss top ways to get rid of cracked heels. Insufficient moisture in the skin is responsible for cracked heels. Deficiency of vitamin A and other nutrients also causes cracked heels. Water retention capacity is another major factor for cracked heels. If your skin does not have a good retention capacity of water then it will lead to cracked heels. For ladies, this problem is embarrassing and agonizing as you have to hide your feet such that they don’t get noticed. We are providing some excellent home remedies to get rid of cracked heels, you should them to get smooth feet.
Remedies to Get Rid of Cracked Heels:
1.) Banana Paste to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
Banana past is one of the best home remedies for cracked heels. The banana has incredible properties to moisturize your cracked feet and provide you a soft and good looking heel. It will revitalize and nourish dry skin as well as smoothen rough skin.
- Make a smooth paste of 2-3 bananas in a bowl by mashing it.
- Clean your feet, apply the paste properly and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wash feet with warm water and then put feet in cold water for 5 minutes.
- This method restores the skin moisture and your heels will be soft and smooth.
2.) Shower to Get Rid Cracked Heels
Taking a shower with lukewarm water is recommended when you have cracked heels to avoid drying of skin. You should apply petroleum jelly or any moisturizer to your heels after taking a bath to cure cracked heels. You can also skip taking shower if you have cracked heels as the shower will take off skin moisturization from your body. Take shower on alternate days but don’t forget to apply a body moisturizer to restore moisturization.
3.) Wax to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
This remedy is not for people with either diabetes or poor circulation. You can use paraffin wax to get rid of dry skin, the dead, and to cure cracked feet. Parrafin wax also works as a natural remedy to soften the skin and maintain the natural oils on the skin.
- Melt a complete block of paraffin wax and then add two teaspoons of coconut oil or mustard oil. Leave it to cool down until a thin layer starts forming.
- Put your feet in the mixture and take out after 15-20 seconds, dip it again.
- Do this multiple times to form several layers of wax on your feet.
- Cover your feet using plastic for 30 minutes and then remove the wax.
4.) Petroleum Jelly to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
Petroleum jelly is one of the most effective moisturizers available on the market. Petroleum jelly is popular by its most used brand name, Vaseline. It is an oil-based emollient means it will repel water, preventing the skin from drying out.
- Before applying the petroleum jelly, scrub your heels to remove dead skin cells.
- Mix one teaspoon of lemon juice to the petroleum jelly for more effect.
- Apply the mixture on your heels and then cover your feet with socks.
5.) Vegetable Oil for Cracked Heels Treatment
Olive oil, coconut oil, and other hydrogenated vegetable oil work excellent to get rid of cracked heels. Oils are the brilliant agent to nourish the dry and dehydrated skin. Gently massaging with warm oil is the excellent way to get rid of cracked heels. Remove dead skin cells before applying the oil to your heels by dipping the feet into the soapy water. Apply the oil before going to bed properly and then put on a pair of clean socks.
6.) Lemon Juice to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
The acidic nature of lemon juice works great to remove the roughness from the heels, also prevent from cracking. To get the best outcome, you should use lemon juice by mixing it with petroleum jelly.
- Take warm water in a bucket and then add 4-5 teaspoons of lemon juice into it.
- Then soak your feet in the bucket for at least 20 minutes.
- After that scrub your feet with a pumice stone, but do not use hot water.
7.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
Acetic acid contained by apple cider vinegar is beneficial to get rid of cracked heels. Vinegar can make your heels soft and they will give a nice feel too.
- Be careful to not put your feet for a long time in a vinegar, it will cause the reverse effect.
- Take ½ liters of water in a bowl and then add apple cider vinegar to it.
- Put the feet in it and gently scrub with the pumice stone to remove dead skin cell along with the moisturizing action.
8.) Honey to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
Honey is a good moisturizer with excellent foot exfoliate properties. Organic honey provides more benefits to cure cracked heels problems.
- Mix 2-3 tablespoons of honey in ½ liter of warm water in a bowl.
- Dip your feet in the solution and let it for 10-15 minutes inside.
- Rinse your feet with water and then apply body butter on the affected areas of the feet.
- To exfoliate your feet, add honey, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar to a cup of rice flour.
- Gently rub the feet with the mixture for about 10 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
- After that gently massage the heels with either body lotion or any vegetable oil.
9.) Milk to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
Milk has an excellent skin moisturizing property that makes your feet skin to retain the moisture for a long time. Main causes of cracked heels are dry and rough skin due to no moisture. The lactic acid found in milk improves the water retention capacity.
- Add 1 cup of milk in 5-8 cups of water into a foot basin.
- Put your feet in the solution for 10-15 minutes.
- Now, make a paste by adding salt or sugar to the ½ cups of coconut oil.
- Scrub the feet to the paste gently in circular motion. Keep doing it for five minutes.
- Then wash the feet and let it dry. Apply any oil or rose water-glycerin mixture.
10.) Sesame Oil to Cure Cracked Heels
Sesame oil has marvelous properties to cure cracked heels. It acts as both moisturizer and skin smoother. It also fights with the bacterial infection, repair the skin cells and remove the dead cells.
- Take water in a foot basin and heat it up to make it warm.
- Soak your feet in the warm water for at least 7-10 minutes.
- Pat dry the feet and then directly apply the sesame oil, rub gently for five minutes.
- If you cannot tolerate the strong smell of sesame oil then add 1 teaspoon of almond oil and then apply to your feet.