In this article, we will discuss top ways to get rid of cracked heels. Insufficient moisture in the skin is responsible for cracked heels. Deficiency of vitamin A and other nutrients also causes cracked heels. Water retention capacity is another major factor for cracked heels. If your skin does not have a good retention capacity of water then it will lead to cracked heels. For ladies, this problem is embarrassing and agonizing as you have to hide your feet such that they don’t get noticed. We are providing some excellent home remedies to get rid of cracked heels, you should them to get smooth feet.
Remedies to Get Rid of Cracked Heels:
- Remedies to Get Rid of Cracked Heels:
- 1.) Banana Paste to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
- 2.) Shower to Get Rid Cracked Heels
- 3.) Wax to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
- 4.) Petroleum Jelly to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
- 5.) Vegetable Oil for Cracked Heels Treatment
- 6.) Lemon Juice to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
- 7.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
- 8.) Honey to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
- 9.) Milk to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
- 10.) Sesame Oil to Cure Cracked Heels
- 11.) Coconut Oil to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
- 12.) Epsom Salt to Heal Cracked Heels
- 13.) Oatmeal to Cure Cracked Heels
- 14.) Turmeric to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
- 15.) Cooked Rice Water to Heal Cracked Heels
- 16.) Parsley to Treat Cracked Heels
- 17.) Listerine to Heal Cracked Heels
- 18.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
1.) Banana Paste to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
Banana past is one of the best home remedies for cracked heels. The banana has incredible properties to moisturize your cracked feet and provide you a soft and good looking heel. It will revitalize and nourish dry skin as well as smoothen rough skin.
- Make a smooth paste of 2-3 bananas in a bowl by mashing it.
- Clean your feet, apply the paste properly and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wash feet with warm water and then put feet in cold water for 5 minutes.
- This method restores the skin moisture and your heels will be soft and smooth.
2.) Shower to Get Rid Cracked Heels
Taking a shower with lukewarm water is recommended when you have cracked heels to avoid drying of skin. You should apply petroleum jelly or any moisturizer to your heels after taking a bath to cure cracked heels. You can also skip taking shower if you have cracked heels as the shower will take off skin moisturization from your body. Take shower on alternate days but don’t forget to apply a body moisturizer to restore moisturization.
3.) Wax to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
This remedy is not for people with either diabetes or poor circulation. You can use paraffin wax to get rid of dry skin, the dead, and to cure cracked feet. Parrafin wax also works as a natural remedy to soften the skin and maintain the natural oils on the skin.
- Melt a complete block of paraffin wax and then add two teaspoons of coconut oil or mustard oil. Leave it to cool down until a thin layer starts forming.
- Put your feet in the mixture and take out after 15-20 seconds, dip it again.
- Do this multiple times to form several layers of wax on your feet.
- Cover your feet using plastic for 30 minutes and then remove the wax.
4.) Petroleum Jelly to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
Petroleum jelly is one of the most effective moisturizers available on the market. Petroleum jelly is popular by its most used brand name, Vaseline. It is an oil-based emollient means it will repel water, preventing the skin from drying out.
- Before applying the petroleum jelly, scrub your heels to remove dead skin cells.
- Mix one teaspoon of lemon juice to the petroleum jelly for more effect.
- Apply the mixture on your heels and then cover your feet with socks.
5.) Vegetable Oil for Cracked Heels Treatment
Olive oil, coconut oil, and other hydrogenated vegetable oil work excellent to get rid of cracked heels. Oils are the brilliant agent to nourish the dry and dehydrated skin. Gently massaging with warm oil is the excellent way to get rid of cracked heels. Remove dead skin cells before applying the oil to your heels by dipping the feet into the soapy water. Apply the oil before going to bed properly and then put on a pair of clean socks.
6.) Lemon Juice to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
The acidic nature of lemon juice works great to remove the roughness from the heels, also prevent from cracking. To get the best outcome, you should use lemon juice by mixing it with petroleum jelly.
- Take warm water in a bucket and then add 4-5 teaspoons of lemon juice into it.
- Then soak your feet in the bucket for at least 20 minutes.
- After that scrub your feet with a pumice stone, but do not use hot water.
7.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
Acetic acid contained by apple cider vinegar is beneficial to get rid of cracked heels. Vinegar can make your heels soft and they will give a nice feel too.
- Be careful to not put your feet for a long time in a vinegar, it will cause the reverse effect.
- Take ½ liters of water in a bowl and then add apple cider vinegar to it.
- Put the feet in it and gently scrub with the pumice stone to remove dead skin cell along with the moisturizing action.
8.) Honey to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
Honey is a good moisturizer with excellent foot exfoliate properties. Organic honey provides more benefits to cure cracked heels problems.
- Mix 2-3 tablespoons of honey in ½ liter of warm water in a bowl.
- Dip your feet in the solution and let it for 10-15 minutes inside.
- Rinse your feet with water and then apply body butter on the affected areas of the feet.
- To exfoliate your feet, add honey, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar to a cup of rice flour.
- Gently rub the feet with the mixture for about 10 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
- After that gently massage the heels with either body lotion or any vegetable oil.
9.) Milk to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
Milk has an excellent skin moisturizing property that makes your feet skin to retain the moisture for a long time. Main causes of cracked heels are dry and rough skin due to no moisture. The lactic acid found in milk improves the water retention capacity.
- Add 1 cup of milk in 5-8 cups of water into a foot basin.
- Put your feet in the solution for 10-15 minutes.
- Now, make a paste by adding salt or sugar to the ½ cups of coconut oil.
- Scrub the feet to the paste gently in circular motion. Keep doing it for five minutes.
- Then wash the feet and let it dry. Apply any oil or rose water-glycerin mixture.
10.) Sesame Oil to Cure Cracked Heels
Sesame oil has marvelous properties to cure cracked heels. It acts as both moisturizer and skin smoother. It also fights with the bacterial infection, repair the skin cells and remove the dead cells.
- Take water in a foot basin and heat it up to make it warm.
- Soak your feet in the warm water for at least 7-10 minutes.
- Pat dry the feet and then directly apply the sesame oil, rub gently for five minutes.
- If you cannot tolerate the strong smell of sesame oil then add 1 teaspoon of almond oil and then apply to your feet.
11.) Coconut Oil to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
This is one of the best oils to get rid of cracked heels. The antimicrobial and anti-fungal properties of coconut oil fight bacterial infections. It moisturizes the feet and helps to get heal the cracked heels fast. Check out the steps given below to treat cracked heels.
- Every night, before sleeping soak your feet in warm water and scrub it gently.
- Use a towel to dry your feet and then apply a thick layer of coconut oil on it. .
- Wear a pair of cotton socks and leave it.
- Next morning, clean your feet with water.
- Repeat this remedy several times in a day until you get satisfactory results.
- You can even use olive oil if you want.
12.) Epsom Salt to Heal Cracked Heels
This is one of the excellent and easiest remedies to heal cracked heels. It fastens the process of healing cracked heels by promoting blood circulation. Epsom salt contains magnesium that removes the toxins from the body and promotes the health of the skin. Check out the steps given below to get rid of cracked heels.
- Fill your foot tub with warm water, add one half cup of Epsom salt.
- Soak your feet in this water for the next 10 to 15 minutes.
- Use a pumice stone and scrub your feet for the next few minutes.
- Soak your feet again in Epsom salt water for the next few minutes.
- Pat dry your feet with a towel and then apply a good moisturizer. You can even apply petroleum jelly.
- Repeat this treatment continuously for three days to get rid of cracked heels.
13.) Oatmeal to Cure Cracked Heels
This is one of the most effective remedies to cure cracked heels. Oatmeal helps to eliminate the dead skin cells and keep the skin nourished and moisturized. Check out the steps given below to get favorable results.
- In one cup of ground oatmeal, add one quarter cup each of olive oil and honey.
- Add one half cup of flour and mix all these ingredients well.
- Submerge your feet in warm water and scrub it gently.
- Apply this prepared paste on your feet and leave for atleast 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and apply a foot cream.
- Repeat this method few times in a week to get best results.
- Mix one tablespoon each of jojoba oil and oatmeal powder to make a thick paste.
- Apply this oatmeal paste on your feet especially your heels and callused areas.
- After 30 minutes, wash your feet with cold water and pat it dry.
- Repeat this process every day to heal the cracked heels completely.
14.) Turmeric to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
This is one of the wonderful remedies to get rid of cracked heels. This herbal spice used in cooking is rich in curcuminoids which makes it an excellent option for cracked heels. The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties present in this component fight the bacteria and infection that is responsible for causing cracked heels. Check out the steps given below to heal the cracked heels completely.
- Take 12 to 15 basil leaves and crush them together to make a paste.
- Grind camphor to get a fine powder.
- Mix basil leaves, turmeric powder and camphor powder together.
- Add two tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel to make a consistent paste.
- Coat your feet with this paste especially cracked heels.
- Let it stay on your feet for the next 20 to 30 minutes.
- Use a mild soap and warm water to clean your feet.
- Repeat this method daily to get rid of cracked heels completely.
- In three tablespoons of turmeric powder, mix a few drops of coconut oil.
- Apply this paste on your feet especially cracked heels and callused areas.
- Apply this paste also between your toes.
- Wash your feet with mild soap and warm water.
- You can even cover your feet with a cloth or bandage in order to prevent yellow turmeric stains.
- It may also give your feet a yellow tint but it will go once you stop using turmeric.
15.) Cooked Rice Water to Heal Cracked Heels
We all very well know that rice powder is a great exfoliating agent but do you know that cooked rice water is an excellent choice for cracked heels. You can even call this water as rice starch. The nutrients and vitamins such as phosphorous, zinc, vitamin A, C, E, folate etc present in rice water makes it a good choice for skin. These vitamins encourage the growth of new skin cells and make the feet soft and smooth. Cracked feet can also be caused because of the deficiency of omega 3 fatty acids and zinc. Absorption of rice water can help your body to replenish zinc. Check out the steps given below to treat cracked heels.
- Boil the rice in water and once it is boiled strain it to get starchy water. You can eat the rice and store the water for cracked heels.
- Pour this rice water in a foot basin. It should be approximately 5 to 6 cups.
- Mix one tablespoon of baking soda in it. Baking soda will exfoliate the skin and remove the dead skin cells.
- Submerge your feet in this water while it is still warm.
- Soak your feet in this rice water for the next 15 to 20 minutes.
- Clean your feet with plain water and pat it dry.
- Now, finally apply some good moisturizer.
- Repeat this process on a daily basis to get rid of cracked heels.
16.) Parsley to Treat Cracked Heels
This is one of the wonderful remedies to treat cracked heels. The vitamin C present in parsley helps in the production of collagen that makes the skin smooth and supple. Parsley also contains vitamin K that maintains skin elasticity and speeds up the healing process. It also contains beta carotene that helps to repair the flaky and dry skin. The best thing about parsley is that you can use it internally and externally. Check out the steps given below to heal cracked heels completely.
- Take 10 to 12 parsley sprigs and chop it finely.
- Fill your foot basin with half bucket of warm water.
- Soak your cracked feet in this foot basin for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Repeat this treatment on a regular basis to get rid of cracked heels.
17.) Listerine to Heal Cracked Heels
This is one of the amazing methods to heal cracked heels. Listerine softens the hard skin cells and thus it becomes easier to scrub it away. It contains phytochemicals such as thymol and menthol soothes the skin. Listerine contains antiseptic properties that make it a good choice for cracked heels. Check out the steps given below to treat cracked heels.
- Mix one cup each of vinegar and Listerine.
- Add 2 cups of water and pour all these ingredients in your foot basin.
- Soak your feet in this water for the next 10 to 15 minutes.
- Use a pumice stone to scrub your feet to eliminate the dead skin cells.
- Wash your feet with clean water and pat the skin dry. Apply a good moisturizer.
- Repeat this process continuously for 3 to 4 days until the dead skin cells are removed completely.
18.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
This is one of the effective oils to get rid of cracked heels. It cleanses the skin deeply and makes it soft and smooth. Check out the steps given below to heal cracked heels completely.
- In one tablespoon of coconut oil, mix 5 to 6 drops of tea tree oil.
- Massage this oil on your cracked feet for about 5 minutes.
- Wear socks to cover your feet and leave it overnight.
- Repeat this remedy every night until your cracked heels are completely.
Note: Do not apply tea tree oil directly as it can cause rashes.