In this article, we will discuss about kidney stones and home remedies for kidney stones treatment. Kidney stones are the solid piece of material in kidneys formed by mineral deposits in urine. A kidney stone also known as a no-frills and renal calculus. Small kidney stones may pass without causing any pain and symptoms, but some stones can lead to brutal pain in abdomen and stomach. Enough size stones can cause blockage of the ureter. Generally stones form, due to a combination of heredity and natural factors. Risk factor consists of being overweight, some medications, certain foods and not drinking enough fluids. Read more, to find out about kidney stones and home remedies for kidney stones treatment.
Causes of Kidney Stones:
- Kidney stones occur when your urine contains more crystal-forming substances.
- This build up may be any of the following:
- Uric Acid (a waste product when your body breaks down food to use as energy)
- Cysteine (an amino acid that helps to build protein)
- If you do not drink enough liquids this will lead to the development of kidney stones.
- Certain medications can also lead to high level of these substances in your urine.
Types of Kidney Stones:
- Uric Acid Stones – The urine acid may not dissolve if the acid level is high in the urine. Uric acid stones will form.
- Calcium Stones –Excess calcium in the urine is the most common cause of the production of calcium stones.
- Struvite Stones – Struvite stone is known as the infection stone. It occurs when a urinary area infection affects the chemical stability of the urine.
- Cysteine Stones – Cysteine is an amino acid in protein, which does not dissolve properly. Some people inherit an exceptional, congenital condition that results in large amounts of cystine in the urine.
Symptoms of Kidney Stones:
- Nausea and vomiting.
- The frequent urge to urinate.
- Pain in lower abdomen.
- Pus in the urine.
- Painful urination.
- Red, brown or pink urine.
- Waves of sharp pain that starts in your back and side, and move towards the testicles and groin.
- Fever and chills if an infection is present.
- Unpleasant or cloudy smelling urine.
- Blood in the urine.
- Urinating small amount of urine.
- Inability to find a comfortable position, people with kidney stones often paces up and down.
- It can also block the part of the urinary system.
Home Remedies for Kidney Stones Treatment:
1.) Apple Cider Vinegar as a Remedy for Kidney Stones
Apple cider vinegar is known as one of the best home remedies for kidney stones. It contains alkalinizing effects on urine and blood. It also works effectively in dissolving kidney stones. Use this effective remedy by following these methods.
- Take a cup of hot water, 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar and 1 tsp of honey.
- In a cup of hot water, add 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar and 1 tsp of honey into the water.
- Then, mix it well.
- Consume this mixture 2-3 times a day.
2.) Olive Oil and Lemon Juice as a Remedy for Kidney Stones
Olive oil and lemon juice together make a greater effect on kidney stones. Lemon helps to break down calcium stones easily through the citric components. Lemon juice and olive oil have been used as a home remedy to remove gallbladder stones. It can also be useful to treat kidney stones. Olive oil and calcium also help to stop the further growth of the kidney stones. Use this remedy by following these methods.
- Take 4 tbsp of olive oil and 4 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Mix, 4 tbsp of lemon juice into 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Drink this mixture, followed by plenty of water.
- Use this remedy 2-3 times a day.
- If you pass the stone in a single dose, then you don’t need to continue this remedy.
Note: This remedy is not suitable for large kidney stones. In that case, you must consult with a doctor before using this remedy.
3.) Wheat-grass as a Remedy for Kidney Stones
Wheat-grass is known as a natural and finest remedy for treating kidney stones. Wheat-grass not only treats kidney stones effectively it also helps in treating other kidney diseases. You can use this remedy in a form of wheat-grass juice. Wheat-grass is a good source of amino acids, vitamin B, potassium, chlorophyll, iron and magnesium etc. It is one of the exclusive home remedies for kidney stones. Use this remedy by following these methods.
- Take 1 tsp of lemon juice, a glass of wheat-grass juice and 1 tsp of basil leaves juice.
- Mix them well, then consume it.
- Consume this mixture 2-3 times a day.
4.) Kidney Beans as a Remedy for Kidney Stones
Beans contain high fiber. Kidney beans can be more effective in treating any kind of bladder or kidney problems. Beans are known as the most effective remedy for treating kidney stones. Use this remedy to treat kidney stones quickly. Use this remedy by following these methods.
- Take some kidney beans and water.
- Remove the beans from inside the pods.
- Put the beans in hot water, then simmer the water on low flame for hours.
- Until the beans become soft. Then strain the liquid, when it will get cold.
- Strain it again and consume it.
- Consume this liquid 2-3 times a day for kidney pain relief.
- You must change the liquid after 24 hours or make a new kidney bean solution for getting relief.
- You can also have kidney beans in a form of salad or soup.
5.) Nettle Leaf as a Remedy for Kidney Stones
Nettle leaf is known as the best remedy for kidney stones. It helps to maintain the flow of water through the bladder and kidneys. By acting as a natural diuretic, nettle tea enhances the benefits of water. It helps to maintain the flow of water through the bladder and kidney. It also helps in keeping crystals from forming into stones. It also keeps the bacteria away. Use this remedy by following these methods.
- Take a hot cup of water and 2 tsp of dried nettle leaf.
- In a cup of hot water, add 2 tsp of nettle leaf.
- Then boil it for 15 minutes and strain it.
- Consume this nettle tea 2-3 times a day.
6.) Basil as a Remedy for kidney Stones
Basil tea enhances the general well-being of your kidneys. It can also help in persuading stone expulsion from the urinary tract. Basil is known as a tonic for the kidneys and it is also effective for the organs. It is one of the best home remedies for kidney stones. Use basil remedy by following these methods.
- Take 1 tsp of honey and basil juice.
- Then mix 1 tsp of honey into 1 tsp of basil juice.
- Consume this remedy 4-5 times a day.
- You can also chew 2-3 basil leaves directly.
7.) Water as a Remedy for Kidney Stones
Water is known as the most simplest and easiest remedy for kidney stones. Drinking a sufficient amount of water will help you to keep your body hydrated especially your kindness. Drink as much as the water you can especially during summer to prevent the increasing chances of an imbalance of your kidneys. It is one of the top home remedies for kidney stones.
8.) Watermelon as a Remedy for Kidney Stones
Eating watermelon is also known as another natural and effective remedy for kidney stones. In comparison to other types of vegetables, watermelon is packed with potassium salts. It is regarded as the best diuretic. Watermelon also made up of high water content, which helps with a hydration of the kidney.
9.) Dietary Change as a Remedy for Kidney Stones
You must take care of your food consumption during kidney stones. Unhealthy food can occur formation of kidney stones. You must increase the quantity of liquid drinks and sodas and water as much as you can. It is one of the best home remedies for kidney stones. You must avoid such food items, which contain spinach, soy bean, peanuts, sweets and wheat germ etc.
10.) Grapes as a Remedy for Kidney Stones
Grapes are also made up of unique diuretic, excessive water substances and potassium salt. Grapes plays an important role by eliminating the kidney issues. Grapes are known as the best home treatment for kidney stones.