In this article, we will talk about ways to cope with stomach flu. One of the viral infections known to be associated with stomach problems is what we call stomach flu. It is also known as viral gastroenteritis. This condition is considered to be the worse as it leads to several problems with the digestive system. It occurs because of the reaction of the virus with the digestive tract, leading to allergy and inflammation. While a great population of the world suffers from this problem, it can take several days to treat it. So, here we present to you one of the finest remedies to cope with the stomach flu. Before we begin, let’s look at some of the symptoms and causes of the same:
Symptoms of Stomach Flu:
- Cramps in the stomach
- Pain in the Stomach
Causes of Stomach Flu:
The two major viruses that lead to the stomach flu are norovirus and rotavirus. They may then spread through the following means:
- Eating contaminated food.
- Wearing infected clothes.
- Coming in contact with infected feces.
- No proper hygiene
- Seafood intolerance, especially an oyster.
Remedies to Cope With Stomach Flu:
- Remedies to Cope With Stomach Flu:
- 1.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Cope With Stomach Flu
- 2.) Yogurt to Cope With Stomach Flu
- 3.) Eat an Apple to Cope With Stomach Flu
- 4.) Eat Bananas to Cope With Stomach Flu
- 5.) Ginger to Cope With Stomach Flu
- 6.) Activated Charcoal to Cope With Stomach Flu
- 7.) Heat Treatment to Cope With Stomach Flu
- 8.) Acupressure Treatment to Cope With Stomach Flu
- 9.) Peppermint to Cope With Stomach Flu
- 10.) Relax to Cope With Stomach Flu
- 11.) Asafetida to Get Rid of Stomach Flu
- 12.) Basil to Treat Stomach Flu
- 13.) Chamomile to Cure Stomach Flu
- 14.) Fennel Seeds to Get Rid of Stomach Flu
- 15.) Chia Seeds to Ease the Symptoms of Stomach Flu
- 16.) Rice Water to Treat Stomach Flu
- 17.) Thyme Tea to Get Rid of Stomach Flu
- 18.) Blueberries Juice to Treat Stomach Flu
- 19.) Salt and Sugar Solution to Get Rid of Stomach Flu
- 20.) Turmeric to Get Rid of Stomach Flu
1.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Cope With Stomach Flu
When it comes to digestive problems; apple cider vinegar can help. The presence of pectin is what makes the difference as it helps get rid of the all the symptoms associated with the stomach flu. You can follow the steps below for an effective way to treat it:
- Just add 1 -2 tsp of apple cider vinegar in water and drink it before eating anything.
- After drinking it, consume it several times in a day for an effective remedy.
- You can also add honey in the mixture to enhance the overall taste.
2.) Yogurt to Cope With Stomach Flu
Yogurt is a natural probiotic drink. It contains healthy bacteria which helps improve digestion. It also helps get fight the virus that is affecting the digestive tract. You can either consume it directly or add it in your daily diet for enhanced results. One of the best ways to cure your stomach flu problem is to mix cooked rice and yogurt to prepare a mixture. Eat this mixture till there is an improvement. You can add a pinch of salt to enhance the taste.
3.) Eat an Apple to Cope With Stomach Flu
As they say, an apple a day keeps the doctor away. This holds true in the case of stomach flu as well. Apple has healthy properties which are known to help with digestion. It even gets rid of the inflammation and virus that is causing the condition at the first place. If not the apples then consume apple sauce which is equally effective in treating the problem. Consume one bowl of the same and you are good to go.
4.) Eat Bananas to Cope With Stomach Flu
If there is one item that has been used from ages now to treat stomach related problems, it is a banana. Our ancestors, apes can not be wrong with this one for sure. You should consume them as they provide you the essential carbs that the body demands. It also provides the body with potassium which the body constantly loses during this condition. Eat it daily 2 – 3 times in a day and you will never complain about stomach flu.
5.) Ginger to Cope With Stomach Flu
When it come to the most badass herb in town; ginger wins the competition hands down. It is laden with anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antibacterial properties. It means, that it can get rid of the virus bothering you easily. All you have to do is to add ginger as part of your regular diet. Alternatively, you can follow the steps below to use it as well:
- Boil some water and add freshly cut ginger cloves in it.
- Let it stir and after some time and drink the resultant ginger tea solution that is prepared.
- Consume it several times in a day for instant relief.
- You can also chew on raw ginger to get rid of stomach flu.
6.) Activated Charcoal to Cope With Stomach Flu
The recent research that has been proved to be beneficial in all sectors is the refined form of charcoal. Better known as activate charcoal, it is prepared by enhancing the absorbing capabilities of your everyday charcoal. This is not used for cooking but getting rid of dust, bacteria and toxins. It helps your digestion by absorbing up all the infectious sections and wards them off with the excretion process.
Activated charcoal capsules are easily available at a good market. Consume them immediately several times in a day. While there is not much research on the subject, it is advised to consult a professional.
7.) Heat Treatment to Cope With Stomach Flu
Applying heat on the affected area can prove to be beneficial to get rid of the problem. Heat relaxes the muscle and gets rid of the symptoms of stomach flu like cramps. Just place a warm bottle on the abdomen area and keep it there till their is relief. You could also apply a clean cloth on the area after it has been dipped in warm water. This will help relax the abdomen. Do it regularly to see instant results.
8.) Acupressure Treatment to Cope With Stomach Flu
Sometimes ancient practices are what can come in handy to solve your everyday problems. In this case, acupressure has been known to help cope with stomach flu. Use the help of a professional acupressure medical expert for the same. If you want to save some money then you could experiment on your own. All you have to do is press the area between your index finger and thumb. Gently rub it to activate the healing process. It helps get rid of a headache, a symptom associated with stomach flu.
9.) Peppermint to Cope With Stomach Flu
Peppermint is one of the best remedies used to get rid of stomach flu. The antibacterial properties of it are which come in handy. Moreover, it has antispasmodic properties which fight all other symptoms associated with the stomach flu. Just follow the steps below to use it:
- Prepare peppermint tea by adding its leaves in boiling water.
- Consume the tea, several times in a day to feel better.
- you can also consume peppermint capsules if you don’t like tea.
10.) Relax to Cope With Stomach Flu
Finally, the last remedy and one among the most trusted it so just sit back and relax. Give your body some time to ward off the virus on its own. Having a good diet and drinking electoral fluids will help heal it faster. Viruses are known to take their time, so it is advised to just rest. If the condition worsens, it is then that action may be taken.
11.) Asafetida to Get Rid of Stomach Flu
This is one of the best ingredients to get rid of stomach flu. The anti-bacterial, antioxidant and anti-viral properties of asafetida kill the bacteria that are responsible for causing stomach flu. Asafetida makes the digestive system strong and improves its functioning. Follow the procedure given below to treat stomach flu.
- In a glass of warm water, add half teaspoon of asafetida and mix it well.
- Drink this asafetida water two times a day for a few days until you get relief in the stomach.
- You can simply mix Asafetida powder in your regular food curries.
12.) Basil to Treat Stomach Flu
This is one of the amazing remedies to treat stomach flu. The antispasmodic properties present in basil makes it a good choice for stomach flu and prevent gastric spasms. Basil makes the digestive system strong and prevents the symptoms of stomach flu. Follow the procedure given below for treating stomach virus.
- Mix equal amounts of ginger juice and basil juice in a bowl.
- Drink this juice three times a day to treat stomach pain caused by flu.
- Alternatively, take a cup of water and boil about 15 to 20 basil leaves in it. Add a pinch of rock salt in it and have this two times in a day for a few days.
- Another thing you can do is have one or two cups of basil tea per day to ease down the symptoms of stomach flu.
13.) Chamomile to Cure Stomach Flu
This is one of the best options to cure stomach flu. The anti-inlfammatory, carminative and anti-microbial properties present in chamomile improve the functioning of the digestive system. It also helps to get rid of stomach problems like bloating, gas, stomach cramps and diarrhea. Follow the procedure given below to get rid of stomach flu.
- In a cup of hot water, mix one tablespoon of fresh or dried chamomile flowers.
- Leave it to steep for the next 20 minutes. Make sure you cover the cup with a bowl or lid.
- Strain the tea and mix little honey and lemon juice in it.
- Have this tea few times in a day to cure stomach flu completely.
14.) Fennel Seeds to Get Rid of Stomach Flu
This is one of the wonderful home remedies to get rid of stomach flu. One of the most common symptoms of stomach flu is gas and stomach cramps. The decongestant properties of fennel seeds make it an excellent choice for calming an upset stomach. Fennel seeds also have anti-inflammatory properties that reduce the inflammation on the stomach lining that is caused by the virus. The antioxidants and antispasmodic properties of fennel keep the intestinal problems at a distance.
- In a cup of water, add a tablespoon of fennel seeds.
- Boil this water and then wait to let it cool down.
- Strain it and mix lemon juice in it.
- Drink this fennel tea every day until you get rid of stomach flu completely.
- Alternatively, consume raw fennel seeds to get relief from stomach virus.
15.) Chia Seeds to Ease the Symptoms of Stomach Flu
This is one of the excellent remedies to ease the symptoms of stomach flu. When you are suffering from stomach flu, vomiting and diarrhea makes your body weak and dehydrated. These seeds are hydrophilic which means they contain good water content. Chia seeds soothes the lining of the stomach and reduces bloating and cramps. Follow the procedure given below to treat stomach flu.
- In a glass of water, add a tablespoon of chia seeds.
- After 10 minutes, mix two tablespoons of lemon juice in it.
- Mix one teaspoon of stevia powder.
- Have this water two times per day to replenish the lost fluids of the body.
16.) Rice Water to Treat Stomach Flu
This is one of the oldest remedies to treat stomach flu. Rice water is an excellent choice to get rid of stomach ache and diarrhea caused by stomach virus. This bland food will calm down your upset stomach. It reduces the inflammation caused in the digestive system. Rice water will provide your body with essential nutrients that is lost when suffering from stomach flu. Follow the procedure given below for the treatment of stomach virus.
- Add 6 cups of water in a pan and add half cup of brown rice in it.
- Once the rice is cooked, strain out the water in another bowl.
- Mix half teaspoon of honey in this water and leave it to cool down.
- Drink this rice water in every 60 minutes to cure stomach flu.
17.) Thyme Tea to Get Rid of Stomach Flu
This is one of the most effective remedies to get rid of stomach flu. The carminative effects of this herb gives quick relief from stomach problems like gas and bloating. Thyme also contains phenols which has the presence of antispasmodic properties that treats the intestinal cramps that is caused due to stomach flu. Thyme tea not only calms down an upset stomach but also treats other problems like vomiting and nausea. The antiseptic properties of thyme will help to get rid of the stomach infections. Follow the procedure given below to cure stomach flu.
- In a cup of water, add one teaspoon of thyme leaves.
- Steep the solution for about 10 minutes.
- Strain this water and honey add per your taste.
- Drink this tea thrice a day on empty stomach to ease down an upset stomach.
18.) Blueberries Juice to Treat Stomach Flu
This is one of the beneficial juices to treat stomach flu. This fruit is low in calories and is loaded with nutrients. It is an amazing remedy to treat upset stomach, vomiting and nausea. The vitamin C, minerals and fiber in blueberries makes it an excellent choice for stomach virus. Blueberries have 85% water and 15% solid which eases down the upset stomach. Follow the procedure given below to get rid of stomach virus.
- Take approximately 100 gram fresh blueberries.
- Keep it in the refrigerator and then blend them in a blender.
- Mix parsley leaves and peppermint leaves in it.
- Blend all these ingredients together to make a smoothie.
- Drink this smoothie two times daily to ease the symptoms of stomach flu.
19.) Salt and Sugar Solution to Get Rid of Stomach Flu
This is one of the awesome compositions to get rid of stomach flu. One of the main symptoms of stomach flu is dehydration. You need to increase your water intake to ease down your upset stomach. Salt and sugar works well together to rehydrate your body. Sodium provides the body with electrolytes that are lost during vomiting. It soothes the digestive tract and reduces stomach cramps. It is wonderful remedy for both adults and children. Follow the procedure given below to treat stomach flu.
- Mix half teaspoon of salt in one glass of water.
- Stir it well and then add one teaspoon of sugar in the same glass.
- Keep stirring so that both ingredients dissolve well.
- Have this solution two times per day to replenish the lost fluids.
20.) Turmeric to Get Rid of Stomach Flu
This traditional spice used in cooking is one of the best choices to get rid of stomach flu. The anti-bacterial properties of turmeric kill the bacteria that cause infection in the digestive tract. It is also loaded with anti-inflammatory properties which reduce inflammation caused in the stomach lining. It also treats problems like vomiting, gas, nausea, indigestion and bloating. Turmeric speeds up the healing process. Follow the procedure to treat stomach flu.
- Take a glass of warm milk.
- Mix one fourth teaspoon of turmeric in it.
- Stir it well and drink it daily to ease down an upset stomach.