In this article, we will talk about home remedies to treat MRSA infection. Whenever any skin infection attacks, mostly the first line of defense is antibiotics. While it may be a solution to most of the problems, what about the bacteria who have adapted to the antibiotics. Yes, they exist and one of them is known as Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus or MRSA, this is a serious skin condition. It is spread through a bacteria called staphylococcus aureus which infects the skin.
It is important to cure the infection at the onset since it is highly contagious and can spread to other parts of the body. There is nothing to fear though it is difficult to treat, but it is curable. There would be many who would suggest you different remedies, but nothing works better than the good old home remedies. Look no further and stroll down to get one of the finest home remedies to treat MRSA:
Home Remedies to Treat MRSA Infection:
1.) Tea Tree Oil as a Home Remedy to Treat MRSA
When it comes to getting rid of bacteria or skin related infection then nothing comes close to tea tree oil. This is because it has healing and curing properties that are unmatched by others. Its strong antibacterial properties that bust out all the bacteria that is creeping your skin. To use it effectively, just follow the steps below:
- Dip a cotton ball in tea tree oil.
- Rub the infection with the cotton ball.
- Do it on a regular basis for fast relief.
- Remember to test it on your skin before using, since it is strong in nature.
2.) Turmeric as a Home Remedy to Treat MRSA
One of the best herbal remedies for all kinds of skin related issues is turmeric. It has antiseptic properties that have been used for ages now. To use it to get rid of MRSA, follow the simple steps below:
- Mix turmeric powder and milk to prepare a solution.
- Consume the mixture twice in a day.
- Drink it on a regular basis and you will note changes.
- Alternatively, turmeric mixed with water to prepare a paste can also be used.
3.) Garlic as a Home Remedy to Treat MRSA
Being antibiotic in nature it does more than you expect. It gets rid of the bacteria that is disturbing your skin and promotes the growth of new skin cells. It even acts a cleanser which is an added advantage. Follow the simple steps below for an instant remedy:
- Grind a few garlic cloves to prepare a paste.
- Apply the paste on the skin and leave it for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water and you are good to go.
4.) Honey as a Home Remedy to Treat MRSA
Honey is one of the best antibacterial solution available in nature. Honey is the basic constituent of a many cosmetic products. To use it to cleanse your skin and get rid of MRSA you don’t have to follow any complicated procedures. Just apply it directly on the skin and leave it there for 20 minutes. When it has dried completely wash it off with cold water and you are done.
5.) Coconut Oil as a Home Remedy to Treat MRSA
The skin healing properties are something that we all are aware off. The oil is one of the best essential oil when it comes to skin and skin treatment. It has been used from long times to get rid of all kinds of problems. To use it here, just follow the simple steps below:
- Apply coconut oil on the affected area.
- Massage it gently and let it absorb it completely.
- Do it regularly for permanent relief.
6.) Calendula as a Home Remedy to Treat MRSA
Calendula is known for it’s calming up the inflamed skin while fighting the infection. It is also known to promote blood circulation which speeds up the healing process. To use it effectively, follow the steps below:
- Put calendula flowers in a pot of boiling water.
- Dip a piece of cloth in the solution and apply it on the affected area.
- Leave it there for at least 20 minutes.
- Continue daily and you are good to go.
7.) Activated Charcoal as a Home Remedy to Treat MRSA
The newest of all the advancement is the use of activated charcoal. It is made by enhancing the soaking abilities of your everyday charcoal. It helps cleanse the skin and gets rid of the bacteria that is causing the problem at the fist place. To use it, follow the steps below:
- Prepare a paste of activated charcoal and flaxseeds mixed with water.
- Apply the paste on the affected skin and cover it with a piece of paper.
- Cover the paper with a tape and leave it overnight.
- Wash it off in the morning and see the changes.
8.) Oregano Oil as a Home Remedy to Treat MRSA
The oregano oil has been considered to be a great remedy for all kinds of skin infections. It is an irony that not many people know of its uses. This treatment requires no complicated procedures and can be done easily. All you have to do is to apply oregano oil regularly on the skin infection. As you do it regularly, you would see immediate results. Such will be the results that it will disappear completely.
9.) Grapefruit Seeds as a Home Remedy to Treat MRSA
Many medicines contain grapefruit seeds. You can use it to treat MRSA as well. It is effective and the best part is that it does not affect the skin adversely. You can apply grapefruit seed extract on the infection to get rid of the problem. The results will be quick and efficient.
10.) Tomato as a Home Remedy to Treat MRSA
We don’t think that we need to mention anything about the qualities of this fruit/vegetable. To treat MRSA, follow the simple procedure below and you are good to go. Let’s begin:
- Mash a few tomatoes to get their paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected region.
- Wash it off after 20 minutes and see the results.
- There will be no more inflammation or redness.