Having oily hair is a little bit frustrating for both men and women. As oily hair gives a dirty look and you don’t feel good about your entire appearance. If you have shiny and oil free hair, then you feel confident and look good as well. When you go to the market then you pick randomly any of the shampoo which is not good for your oily hair. Oily hair can be caused due to many factors such as poor hair care, hormonal changes, eating too much oily food, heredity and excessive stress. Oily hair looks dirty, unwashed and lifeless. To treat oily hair, you need to figure out the best shampoo for your hair. Try to buy those shampoo which is specially made for oily hair. As the best shampoos contains citric and astringent herbs which help to break up excess oil. To know about the best shampoo, here is the list of 15 best shampoo for oily hair. This shampoo keeps your hair oil-free. Do not shampoo your hair so frequently as it will dry out your scalp that causes to increase oil production in your hair.
Causes of Oily Hair:
- Genetics predisposition towards oily hair.
- Irregular hair cleansing
- Use of improper hair products.
- Shampooing more frequently
- Hormonal changes
15 Best Shampoo for Oily Hair:
- 15 Best Shampoo for Oily Hair:
- 1.) Tresemme Fresh Start for Oily Hair
- 2.) Tresemme Deep Cleansing Shampoo for Oily Hair
- 3.) Lush No Drought Dry Shampoo
- 4.) Dr. Hauschka Shampoo With Nasturtium and Lemon
- 5.) Selsun Blue Dandruff Shampoo for Oily Hair
- 6.) Head & Shoulders Citrus Breeze Shampoo
- 7.) Liz Earle Botanical Shampoo For Oily Hair
- 8.) Matrix Biolage Normalizing Shampoo for Oily Hair
- 9.) Pantene Purify Clarifying Shampoo
- 10.) Suave Daily Clarifying
- 11.) June Jacobs-Citrus Clarifying
- 12.) Leonor Greyl for Devitalized/ Oily Hair
- 13.) Kerastase Bain Divalent
- 14.) Neutrogena Anti-Residue
- 15.) Aubrey Organics Green Tea for Oily Hair
If you are dealing with oily hair, then we have 15 best shampoo for oily hair as these shampoos will prevent your hair from oil production.
1.) Tresemme Fresh Start for Oily Hair
- Tresemme fresh start is the best shampoo for oily hair as well as for dry hair.
- This shampoo comes in a hair spray bottle.
- Part your oily hair in equal portions first, then spray this dry shampoo at some distance. Once it sprayed, then rub the portions gently. Then wash your hair. Using a dry shampoo will be good for your hair.
2.) Tresemme Deep Cleansing Shampoo for Oily Hair
- Tresemme is one of the best brands for hair care that we all trust on it.
- Tresemme deep cleansing is one of the effective shampoo for your hair.
- Tresemme deep cleansing shampoo helps to remove all kinds of dust or dirt including sebum from the scalp.
- It does not dry your hair tips.
3.) Lush No Drought Dry Shampoo
- The lush shampoo is quite new and it is unique among all the ranges of shampoos and hair care products.
- This shampoo is a dry shampoo and only a few women are aware of this shampoo.
- It has been proved to be the best shampoo for oily hair.
- Part your hair and spray lush shampoo on your scalp and rub it gently.
- Lush No Drought Dry Shampoo is an excellent shampoo for greasy hair.
4.) Dr. Hauschka Shampoo With Nasturtium and Lemon
- If you are dealing with greasy hair, then this shampoo works like a charm for your hair.
- Dr. Hauscka shampoo contains citrus properties which are good for your hair. Due to which it has proved the best shampoo for oily hair.
- This shampoo also works like an anti-fungal and antiseptic agent.
5.) Selsun Blue Dandruff Shampoo for Oily Hair
- Selsun blue shampoo is best for oily hair and to treat dandruff also.
- Selsun blue is the old brand that has been available in the market since long ago.
- The main reason for oil breakouts is the dandruff residue.
- Selsun blue is helpful to clear up the scalp and also it nourishes the scalp.
- This is the daily use shampoo to avoid the signs of dryness.
6.) Head & Shoulders Citrus Breeze Shampoo
- Head & shoulders are the most common brand in the world.
- Head and shoulders have been proved to become one of the best shampoo for dandruff and also for greasy hair.
- This citrus breeze shampoo is the top option for oily hair.
7.) Liz Earle Botanical Shampoo For Oily Hair
- Liz Earle Botanical shampoo is and amazing for all hair types that is enriched with orange and apple extracts along with vitamin E and shea butter.
- This will remove the dandruff residue from the scalp and nourishes your hair.
- Liz Earle also provides conditioners for oily hair.
8.) Matrix Biolage Normalizing Shampoo for Oily Hair
- Matrix Biolage shampoo is the best shampoo for oily hair as it is one of the best brands among all the shampoos.
- This shampoo contains lemon grass, Ginko Biloba, pollen and sage agents which are well known for cleaning and clarifying the scalp.
- It is rich in an aroma that is one of the amazing ingredients for the soul of the scalp.
9.) Pantene Purify Clarifying Shampoo
- Pantene is one of the beneficial hair care brands that comes in everybody’s range.
- Pantene shampoo and conditioner has been proved to be the best for all kinds of customers.
- If you are looking for a shampoo for greasy hair, then Pantene is the best option for it.
- It has moisturizing properties which work on the tips of the hair.
10.) Suave Daily Clarifying
- As the name suggests that the shampoo is really mild on the scalp to remove all big and small bits of residue from the top of the hair.
- This shampoo is beneficial for all kinds of scalp skin.
- This shampoo is rich in a fragrance that will make you feel like a princess.
- This shampoo is free from chemicals like organic products which is good for your hair.
- This Suave shampoo is also the best shampoo for oily hair.
11.) June Jacobs-Citrus Clarifying
- June Jacobs-Citrus is the best shampoo for oily hair.
- The word citrus clarifies that it give cooling and nourishing sensation.
- Lemon is the citrus ingredient in June Jacob citrus clarifying shampoo.
- It helps to clear off the residue from the scalp.
- The presence of lemon scent will make you feel fresh for a long time.
- As it has soothing effects which will keep your hair oil-free.
12.) Leonor Greyl for Devitalized/ Oily Hair
- If you have weak and malnourished hair and you are depressed about your oily hair, then this shampoo is one of the best shampoo for oily hair.
- Leonor Greyl is one of the products that will never disappoint you and helps to give softness and shine to your hair.
13.) Kerastase Bain Divalent
- Kerastase bain divalent shampoo helps to remove oil from your hair and also keeps your hair soft and silky.
- It is one of the best shampoo in the industry that cleanses the scalp of oil.
- It will help in cleaning, treating and texturizing your hair.
14.) Neutrogena Anti-Residue
- Neutrogena clean shampoo also known as a lifesaver.
- This shampoo is helpful to get rid of the excess oil.
- Neutrogena shampoo acts like a miracle agent to get rid of all chemical based hair styling products, sebum, and natural dirt.
- This shampoo is 100% clarifying shampoo that will help to get rid of the dull effect.
- So use Neutrogena shampoo once a week.
15.) Aubrey Organics Green Tea for Oily Hair
- Green tea has all health benefits.
- This Aubrey organic shampoo is completely chemical free and it has all the benefits of natural ingredients.
- It is well known for cleaning, nourishing scalp with lustrous, shiny and thick hair.
- So wash your hair with this shampoo to keep your hair oil-free.
- This Aubrey Organic shampoo is the best shampoo for oily hair.
- Your hair will be nourished because of natural ingredients.
Other Useful Tips:
- When you wash your hair with shampoo, rinse it thoroughly to keep your scalp chemical free.
- Try to use dry shampoo for oily hair.
- Avoid scratching or rubbing your scalp when oily as it may lead to infection.
- Eat foods rich in Vitamin A, protein and omega-3 fatty acids to maintain your healthy hair.
- Don’t brush your hair too much as it increases the oil producing glands.
- Use a shampoo that is made for oily hair.
- Use conditioner only on the tips of the hair and then after few minutes wash it off.