After writing, how to get rid of a cough?, we are now writing how to get rid of cold fast. When do you get to know that you are suffer from cold? The main symptoms include a sore throat, runny nose followed with sneezing. In general terms cold is an infection that is caused by a virus or sometimes due to change in weather. You might even catch a cold if you happen to come in contact with an already infected person. This makes you a bit uncomfortable when you have a day ahead of you with lots of work to be done. Well, if you feel so like that, then keep your worries aside. You will be provided with some of the best home remedies that will help you to get rid of cold fast and naturally.
Causes of Cold:
- Virus Infection: In most of the cases people are found to be infected with the virus. There are generally three types of viral infection that leads to cold. The most common is the rhinovirus followed by picornavirus and Respiratory syncyitial virus.
- Change in Season Leads to Cold: When there is a change in season you might catch a cold. If your immune system is weak you might not be able to resist the sudden change in weather. When there is a change in season from hot to cold or vice versa, you are likely to suffer from cold with a runny nose. Also, if you are allergic to dust you might have a chance to suffer from cold during the dry spring or autumn.
- Transmitted Infection: This is a type of cause that happens when come in contact with an already infested person. If the infected person shake hands with you without washing his hands after sneezing will transfer his germs to you. Try to avoid any kind of contact who is suffering from cold.
Symptoms of Cold:
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Watery eyes
- Loss of appetite.
- Nasal blockage
- Muscle ache
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Cold Fast:
- Home Remedies to Get Rid of Cold Fast:
- 1.) Hydrate your Body to Get Rid of Cold Fast
- 2.) Sleep Well to Get Rid of Cold Fast
- 3.) Clear the Nasal Passage to Get Rid of Cold Fast
- 4.) Spiced Up Tea to Get Rid of Cold Fast
- 5.) Consume Garlic to Get Rid of Cold Fast
- 6.) Chicken Soup to Get Rid of Cold Fast
- 7.) Take Steam to Get Rid of Cold Fast
- 8.) Take Raw Honey to Get Rid of Cold Naturally
1.) Hydrate your Body to Get Rid of Cold Fast
When you are suffering from cold, you seem to lose your appetite. Along with that you tend to consume less water. Try take as of fluids as possible to recover fast. This not let your body to dehydrate. When you are on a proper fluid intake along with a balanced diet, you tend to recover fast. Take juice with less sugary content in it. Also, you can opt for fresh fruits and vegetables that are more on its watery content. On normal terms you are supposed to take 7 to 8 glass of water per day. But when you suffer from cold you need more fluid in your body to fight the infection.
2.) Sleep Well to Get Rid of Cold Fast
The next very important remedy to recover is to have a proper and sound sleep. Your body needs rest when it is suffering from any type of infection. And you tend to leave the fact aside that only consuming healthy food will only help you to recover fast from cold. This happens in most of the cases when you are on a working schedule. But need to take a day off to give your body some amount of rest to work for the rest of the week. Try to sleep for at least eight hours straight. In normal conditions most you take a six hours sleep. You will feel fresh the next morning.
3.) Clear the Nasal Passage to Get Rid of Cold Fast
The next to follow is clear your nasal blockage. It will help you to breathe normally. When you have a blocked nose, you tend to have problem in breathing normally. So, try to blow your nose throughout the day when possible. And there are remedies to open your blockage. You can consume warm fluids during the day.
4.) Spiced Up Tea to Get Rid of Cold Fast
This one of the best home remedy to treat your cold. It will heal your cold fast and naturally. A spiced up tea is the simple recipe that you can make it for yourself. The extra ingredients you will require for this tea are basil leaves, grated ginger and black pepper. When you will prepare your normal black tea or green tea you will need to add these extra ingredients in it. Try to heat up your tea for a longer time then the usual. That can include 5 to 10 minutes of boiling your spiced up tea. But make sure to add less tea leaves as it might make your tea taste bitter. And try to consume when it’s already hot. That will only be effective for you.
5.) Consume Garlic to Get Rid of Cold Fast
Garlic has anti-bacterial agent. So, the intake of garlic will help you to kill the bacteria that are present in your body. The strong essence of garlic is quite helpful to consume when you suffer from a cold. Therefore, you will need 1 clove of garlic and crush it properly. Add the crushed garlic in 1 teaspoon of honey and chili powder. Also add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in it. Mix it well and consume it 2 to 3 times day. You will get rid of cold fast and naturally with this home remedy.
6.) Chicken Soup to Get Rid of Cold Fast
Only taking the simple remedies to get rid of cold is not enough. You will need some strength and energy also to recover fast. Most importantly you need to boost up your immune system to get back to its normal state. So, the best way to regain your health is to consume chicken soup. When you prepare your chicken soup you can add-on some freshly chopped vegetables and add a dash of black pepper. It will spice up your soup that will help you to clear your sore throat.
7.) Take Steam to Get Rid of Cold Fast
To get rid of cold fast and naturally you can opt for steam. It will help you to clear your nostrils and leave you free from the headache. Taking a steam is always good for your health. The vapor helps your body to get warmed up from inside. When you take steam, try to add 1 or 2 pills of menthol. This is an added benefit for you to breathe normally when you are done with your steam remedy.
8.) Take Raw Honey to Get Rid of Cold Naturally
If you don’t want go for all these remedies mentioned above. You can simply take few sips of raw honey. It is a natural ingredient that will help you to fight the germs present in your body. As, raw honey is made up of anti-viral agents which is beneficial to boost up your immune system.