In this article, we will discuss home remedies to get rid of dandruff fast and naturally. The Dandruff is described as any flake of the scalp. If the severity of dandruff is very high then it is termed as seborrheic dermatitis. Sometimes both the terms seem synonymous but they are different and their treatment is also different as well. One should not confuse with the both terms as they differ a lot. Skin cell growing and dying rate greatly affects the amount of dandruff in your hair. Home remedies for dandruff work on your scalp to reduce embarrassing dandruff or sometimes a serious burden on your head. You have probably tried much oil for your hair but still dandruff is there on your hair. Instead of many ingredients in the oil, you are using, dandruff still invaded your hair. The problem with your oil is that it does not get soaked up deeper in the scalp.
Remedies to Get Rid of Dandruff:
- Remedies to Get Rid of Dandruff:
- 1.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Dandruff
- 2.) Salt to Get Rid of Dandruff
- 3.) Fenugreek seeds to Get Rid of Dandruff
- 4.) Wash Hair Daily to Treat Dandruff
- 5.) Almond Oil to Get Rid of Dandruff
- 6.) Mint Leaves to Get Rid of Dandruff
- 7.) Eggs to Get Rid of Dandruff
- 8.) Wheat Germ Oil to Get Rid of Dandruff
- 9.) Sandalwood Oil to Get Rid of Dandruff
- 10.) Indian Gooseberry Paste to Get Rid of Dandruff
- 11.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Dandruff
- 12.) Baking Soda to Treat Dandruff
- 13.) Aspirin to Get Rid of Dandruff Completely
- 14.) Yogurt to Treat Dandruff
- 15.) Combination of Banana and Apple Cider Vinegar
- 16.) Orange Peel to Get Rid of Dandruff
- 17.) Henna to Treat Dandruff
- 18.) Castor Oil to Get Rid of Dandruff
- 19.) Witch Hazel to Remove Dandruff
- 20.) Garlic to Treat Dandruff
1.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Dandruff
Aloe Vera is known to heal the minor burn, but it has got some more property that could be useful to get rid of dandruff. Skin cell growing and the dying rate greatly affects the amount of dandruff in your hair. If the rate of skin cell growth and death is too rapid, then it will lead to dandruff. Aloe Vera helps in restoring the process at normal speed. You can easily pPurchase a bottle of aloe Vera from any grocery store nearest to you.
- Apply the gel to the scalp for about 10-15 minutes properly.
- Leave the scalp for about 20 minutes without disturbing.
- Rinse your hair with normal shampoo, this will help you to get rid of dandruff effectively.
2.) Salt to Get Rid of Dandruff
No one has wondered that the common salt, which we see lying around, we could treat our hair dandruff. Well, you have heard correctly common salt or normal salt is very helpful to get rid of dandruff. Salt has property to remove excess oil and dead skin cell from the scalp. Salt clears the path for shampoo and conditioner to work on your scalp to reduce embarrassing dandruff or sometimes a serious burden on your head.
- Take 2-3 teaspoons of salt in a bowl.
- Apply the salt to your dry or slightly wet hair for 2 minutes thoroughly.
- Rinse your immediately after you are done.
3.) Fenugreek seeds to Get Rid of Dandruff
The fenugreek seeds have soothing and antifungal properties that can aid control dandruff to a great extent. Fenugreek seeds have a great composition of components rich in protein and amino acids that encourage healthy hair growth.
- Soak three or four fenugreek seeds in water and leave it for the whole night.
- Take out the fenugreek seeds from the water and make a paste by grinding it, in the next morning.
- Add 3-4 teaspoons of unsweetened yogurt to the paste, mix it properly. This will add some extra benefits along with fenugreek seeds.
- Apply the mixer to your scalp properly and then leaves the hair for about an hour at least.
- Now, just rinse or wash your hair with normal shampoo, repeat the process once or twice in a week for better effect.
- You can increase the iteration depending upon your need by doing it thrice in a week.
4.) Wash Hair Daily to Treat Dandruff
The best and simplest way to get rid of dandruff is to wash hair regularly. Only washing the hair once in a week is not enough to treat dandruff, you should have to wash your hair regularly. If you can not wash the hair daily then wash on alternate days. You have to keep in mind that dandruff increases every day and also start collecting on the scalp. So, washing your hair at least on alternate days become mandatory to control dandruff naturally.
5.) Almond Oil to Get Rid of Dandruff
Almond oil is one of the most effective remedies for dandruff which adds an intense luster to your hair. Application of almond oil on hair eliminates the problem of dandruff fast and naturally. Almond oil has several important nutrients including mono fatty acids as well as vitamins A, D E, B1, B2, B6 and A. All these nutrients help you for healthy hair strands.
- Add almond oil and olive oil in a bowl.
- Massage your hair with the oil solution.
- Now, make a sugar solution and massage again with it.
- Rinse your hair after that with a shampoo and then again, rinse the hair with tea water at last.
6.) Mint Leaves to Get Rid of Dandruff
Mint leaves are an excellent remedy to cure dandruff. Mint leaves have antibacterial property that can cure skin problem especially dandruff and acne
- Take a cup of water in a bowl and then add a cup of apple cider vinegar into it.
- Bring it to boil, then add a few mint leaves, let the complete mixture boil for 2-3 minutes.
- After the boiling is completed, allow the mixture to get cool.
- Gently take the mixture on your finger and massage your scalp properly.
- After massage let it dry for sometimes and then just rinse the hair with water.
7.) Eggs to Get Rid of Dandruff
Eggs are highly beneficial for not only faster hair growth but also to get rid of dandruff naturally. Eggs are basically packed with essential protein and also contain sulfur, phosphorus, iron, zinc, and selenium.
- Make a paste of one egg with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and honey.
- Stir it well to make a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste over your hair and then leave it for at least 20 minutes.
- Then rinse the hair with cool water and then shampoo it to remove the smell.
- Eggs are rich in protein, which helps the hair to get rid of dandruff faster and naturally.
- Eggs are also very rich in minerals like iodine, sulfur, zinc and phosphorous.
- Egg mask is not only beneficial to avoid dandruff, but it can also make your face glowing too.
8.) Wheat Germ Oil to Get Rid of Dandruff
To treat dandruff naturally, wheat germ oil has great potential to do that. Wheat germ oil is a natural solution to restore lost moisture and possibly help prevent future damage to hair.
- Heat the wheat germ oil in a bowl so that it becomes warm.
- Massage your scalp with this warm oil properly. Cover your head with a clean towel for about 10-15 minutes.
- Do not forget to warm the towel by dipping it into warm water. Squeeze the excess water from the towel and wrap around your head.
- Rinse or wash your hair with normal water to get it off.
9.) Sandalwood Oil to Get Rid of Dandruff
Sandalwood oil is an Ayurvedic treatment with loads of benefits without any side effect. It not only help you to fight with dandruff, but it also makes your hair stronger, longer and shinier.
- Mix sandalwood oil and lime juice together in a bowl.
- Massage your scalp with the mixture properly for some time. Wash it off with tepid water.
- The massage will boost the circulation of blood, give strength to your hair roots and also improve your hair health.
10.) Indian Gooseberry Paste to Get Rid of Dandruff
Gooseberry is packed with vitamin C. The Indian gooseberry contains various vital nutrients that not only help in eliminating dandruff but also help you live a healthier life. The method of using gooseberry is quite easy.
- Make a paste using gooseberry powder with basil leaves and water.
- Then, rub your scalp with the paste properly and then leave the hair for half an hour.
- After that, just rinse your hair with plain water and condition or shampoo it.
11.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Dandruff
This is one of the amazing home remedies to get rid of dandruff. It balances the pH level of the scalp which is indeed very important to prevent the growth of yeast. Apple cider vinegar also cleans the clogged pores. Follow the method given below to treat dandruff.
- Pour two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a bowl.
- Mix two tablespoons of water in it and atleast 20 drops of tea tree oil.
- Massage this solution thoroughly on your scalp.
- After a couple of minutes, wash your hair with your regular shampoo.
- Repeat this process thrice in a week to eliminate dandruff completely.
12.) Baking Soda to Treat Dandruff
This is one of the wonderful remedies to treat dandruff. Baking soda is a perfect remedy to eliminate the dead skin cells and excess oil in the hair and scalp. It balances the pH level of the scalp and minimizes the growth of fungus that is responsible for causing dandruff. Follow the method given below to remove dandruff completely.
- Dampen your hair and then apply baking soda all over your scalp.
- Rub it on your scalp for the next few minutes.
- After a couple of minutes, rinse your hair with warm water.
- Repeat this treatment twice a week continuously for few weeks until dandruff disappears completely.
Precaution: Do not shampoo your hair after applying baking soda. Simply wash it with warm water.
13.) Aspirin to Get Rid of Dandruff Completely
This is one of the excellent methods to get rid of dandruff completely. The salicyclic acid present in aspirin exfoliates the scalp and eliminates dandruff fully. Follow the method given below and see the noticeable results.
- Crush 2 to 3 aspirin capsules to make a fine powder.
- Mix this aspirin powder in your regular shampoo.
- Massage this mixture thoroughly on your scalp and leave it for a couple of minutes.
- Rinse your hair well.
- Crush a few aspirin tablets to make a fine powder.
- Add a few drops of vinegar in it and mix well.
- Massage this paste all over your scalp.
- After leaving it for the next half an hour, wash your hair well.
- Use aspirin on your hair atleast once a week to get rid of dandruff completely.
14.) Yogurt to Treat Dandruff
This is one of the excellent home remedies for the treatment of dandruff. There is yeast present in our bodies which causes inflammation due to which yeast is build up outside also. You need to boost the good bacteria in the digestive system to reduce the yeast in the body. Yogurt is an excellent source of good bacteria that prevents dandruff on the scalp. The probiotics in yogurt makes it is ideal remedy for dandruff. Follow the method given below to get eliminate dandruff completely.
- Crush two tablespoons of black pepper seeds to make a fine powder.
- Mix one cup of yogurt in this powder.
- Apply this yogurt mixture on your scalp thoroughly.
- Wear a shower cap and wait for the next one hour.
- Rinse off your hair with your regular shampoo.
- Repeat this process twice a week continuously for few weeks until the problem is solved completely.
- Dampen your hair with water.
- Apply unsweetened yogurt properly on your scalp.
- After 15 to 30 minutes, wash your hair with normal water.
- Apply yogurt 2 times in a week for about 3 weeks until dandruff is cleared completely from hair.
Note: You need to use fresh yogurt and fresh black pepper to increase the effectiveness of this method and get quick results.
15.) Combination of Banana and Apple Cider Vinegar
The combination of apple cider vinegar and banana is wonderful when it comes to the treatment of dandruff. Bananas are loaded with vitamin B which is essential nutrients that not only keep the skin and hair healthy but at the same time improve the blood circulation. Apple cider vinegar is a great germ killer and fungicide that helps to clear dandruff completely. Follow the method given below to cure dandruff.
- Peel one whole banana and put it in a grinder.
- Add two cups of apple cider vinegar in this grinder.
- Grind it until you get a smooth paste.
- Apply this prepared paste thoroughly on your scalp and hair shafts.
- Make sure this paste covers the hair completely.
- After 20 to 30 minutes, rinse it off with water.
- Repeat this remedy every day for about a week until dandruff is cleared completely.
16.) Orange Peel to Get Rid of Dandruff
This is one of the most effective home remedies to get rid of dandruff. The acidic properties present in orange peel helps to reduce the excess oil in the scalp. It also conditions the scalp which further helps in the treatment of scalp. Follow the method given below until the dandruff is removes completely.
- Peel down some oranges and leave the peels to dry in the sun.
- Once the peels dry completely, put them in a grinder.
- Add 5 to 6 tablespoons of lemon juice and blend them together to get a smooth paste.
- Wash your hair with your regular shampoo.
- Repeat this remedy two times every week to clear dandruff from scalp completely.
17.) Henna to Treat Dandruff
This is one of the wonderful remedies to treat dandruff completely. The tannic and gallic acids, mucilage and lawsone is henna powder are active ingredients present in henna that makes it a perfect choice for dyeing. Henna binds the keratin in the hair due to which a protective layer is formed and reduces scalp irritation. It absorbs excess oil from the scalp and conditions the hair. It also prevents dandruff. Follow the method given below to clear up the scalp.
- Mix one teaspoon each of henna powder and gooseberry powder.
- Add one teaspoon each of lemon juice and tea powder.
- Add one teaspoon of hair oil. It is suggested to use coconut oil.
- Mix all these components to make a fine paste.
- Apply this prepared paste all over the scalp and hair shafts.
- After a few minutes, wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this treatment atleast once or twice a week on regular basis until dandruff is removed completely.
18.) Castor Oil to Get Rid of Dandruff
This is one of effective oils for the treatment of dandruff. Castor oil contains ricin and ricinoleic acid that have anti-microbial properties which helps to treat dandruff. The humectant properties of castor oil keep the hair and scalp moisturized. It not only eliminates dandruff but also helps to get shiny and silky hair. Follow the method given below to remove dandruff completely.
- Pour 3 to 4 tablespoons of castor oil in a bowl.
- Warm it lightly and then give your scalp a massage with this oil.
- Massage continuously for a couple of minutes so that it gets absorbed in the scalp completely.
- Leave it for one night and then wash your hair normally, next morning.
- Do this every night before going to bed to treat dandruff.
19.) Witch Hazel to Remove Dandruff
This is one of the best remedies to remove dandruff completely. The antibacterial and astringent properties of witch hazel control the growth of fungus which is responsible for causing dandruff. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that give relief from itching.
- In a spray bottle, pour half cup each of witch hazel and water.
- Shake the bottle and then spray the liquid on the hair.
- Use your fingertips to massage the scalp.
- After 15 to 20 minutes, wash your hair with normal water.
- If you have an oily scalp, apply witch hazel directly with cotton ball.
- Repeat this remedy once or twice a week to clear dandruff.
20.) Garlic to Treat Dandruff
This is one of the best home remedies for the treatment of dandruff. The anti-fungal properties of garlic stop the growth of microbes that are responsible for causing dandruff. Follow the method given below to get noticeable results.
- Crush a few garlic cloves and mix one tablespoon of honey in it to get a smooth paste.
- Apply this garlic paste all over your scalp and forget for the next 15 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair as usual.
- Follow this treatment on a regular basis to remove dandruff.