After writing, how to get rid of a cough?, we are now writing about fever and home remedies for fever treatment. Fever is also known as Pyrex. Fever refers to having a temperature above the normal range of 36-37C (98-100F). It occurs due to increase in the body’s temperature set-point. Increase in set-point causes a feeling of cold and triggers increased muscle contraction. This tends to greater heat production and efforts to conserve heat. When the set-point temperature returns to normal. The person feels hot and becomes flushed and starts sweating. Read more, to find out about fever and home remedies for fever treatment.
Causes of Fever:
- Infections of the lung, throat, kidney, bladder, skin and ear.
- Flu and colds.
- Side effects of drugs.
- Routine vaccinations.
- Heart attack.
Symptoms of Fever:
- Excessive sweating.
- Muscle aches.
- Cold and cough.
- Sore throat
- Joint pains
- Sinus congestion.
- Low appetite.
- Body aches.
Home Remedies for Fever Treatment Naturally:
- Home Remedies for Fever Treatment Naturally:
- 1.) Raisins as a Remedy for Fever
- 2.) Cool Water as a Remedy for Fever
- 3.) Turmeric as a Remedy for Fever
- 4.) Sandalwood as a Remedy for Fever
- 5.) Mint as a Remedy for Fever
- 6.) White Egg as a Remedy for Fever
- 7.) Basil as a Remedy for Fever
- 8.) Ginger as a Remedy for Fever
- 9.) Garlic as a Remedy for Fever
- 10.) Apple Cider Vinegar as a Remedy for Fever
1.) Raisins as a Remedy for Fever
Raisins contain antioxidant and antibacterial properties. It works as a tonic in fever. A raisin also helps to reduce fever and fights with body infections. Raisins are loaded with phenolic phytonutrients. Use raisins as a home remedy for relief from fever. It works amazingly on fever. It is one of the top most home remedies for fever.
- Take one-half cup of water, lime and 25-30 raisins.
- In a cup of water soak 25-30 raisins at least for 1 hour.
- In the water, crush the soaked raisins and strain the liquid.
- Then, mix the juice of half lime.
- Consume this solution 2 times a day for effective results.
2.) Cool Water as a Remedy for Fever
Soaking a wash-cloth in cool water is a known and an old remedy for fever. It is a common remedy for fever and it works effectively. Use this remedy during high fever as it helps to keep the temperature under control. For relaxing your body, you can take a bath in lukewarm water during fever. Use this easy and effective home remedy for faster recovery. It is one of the oldest home remedies for fever.
- Take a wash-cloth and some cool tap water, do not take too much cold water.
- In cool tap water soak a wash-cloth.
- Wring out the excess water from the wash-cloth.
- Then sponge areas like your feet, groin, armpits and hands to reduce the temperature of your body.
- The cloth pieces should be changed after a few minutes.
- Put damp, cold wash clothe on your forehead.
- Use this easiest home remedy until you won’t get relief.
3.) Turmeric as a Remedy for Fever
Turmeric contains anti fungal, antibacterial, antioxidants and antiviral properties. That helps to fight any kind of infection and boost immune system of the body. It also reduces the duration of fever and complications. Turmeric works as one of the best home remedies for fever. Use this easy home remedy for excellent results.
- Take a glass of hot milk and one-half tsp of turmeric and one-fourth tsp of black pepper.
- Then, with a glass of hot milk, add one-half tsp of turmeric and one-fourth tsp of black pepper.
- Stir well, before consuming the milk.
- Drink this milk at least 2 times in a day.
4.) Sandalwood as a Remedy for Fever
Sandalwood is known as a therapeutic remedy that helps to cool the mind and the entire body. It is one of the exclusive home remedies for fever. It contains cooling components, which help to bring down inflammation and fever. Sandalwood also works as an amazing and effective remedy for headache, which leads to fever. Headache is one of the common symptoms of fever. For using this remedy, follow the steps which are given below.
- Take some water and 2 tsp of sandalwood powder.
- With a little water, mix 2 tsp of sandalwood powder.
- Make a thick paste of it.
- Then, apply a thick coat of the paste on your forehead.
- Use this remedy 2-3 times a day to get rid of the fever.
5.) Mint as a Remedy for Fever
The cooling property of mint helps to extract the heat from the body. It helps in reduction of body temperature and keeps the internal system cool because of its cooling property. Mint keeps your body cool and calm during fever. Use mint for relief from fever.
- Take 1 glass of hot water, honey and 1 tbsp of crushed mint leaves.
- Then boil it for 15 minutes.
- Strain it and add some honey, into solution.
- Consume this soothing tee at least for 2-3 times a day for quick results.
6.) White Egg as a Remedy for Fever
White egg works as an excellent remedy for fever. It also works like a cool gel during fever that helps to absorb the heat. It can draw the fever from the head to the feet within half an hour. You can use egg white for improvement in fever as it helps to reduce high body temperature. Follow these methods to use this remedy.
- Take 2-3 eggs.
- Break the eggs and separate the yolk from the eggs.
- Beat the eggs for a minute.
- Soak a thin handkerchief or paper towel in the egg.
- Then, put the soaked cloth on the soles of the feet.
- Wear socks to keep the soaked cloth in the place.
- When the soaked cloth become warm and dry, then replace them with the new ones.
- Use this remedy regularly, until you won’t get relief from fever.
7.) Basil as a Remedy for Fever
Basil contains healing property that helps in the reduction of fever quickly. Basil works as an herbal remedy for bringing down a fever. It works effectively like other antibiotics. Use this basil remedy to get rid of a fever.
- Take a glass of water, 15 basil leaves, a little honey and 1tsp of crushed ginger.
- Boil, 1 tsp of ginger long with 15 basil leaves in a glass of water.
- Boil until the solution gets reduced to half.
- Then, add a little honey into this solution.
- Drink this solution at least 2 times a day.
8.) Ginger as a Remedy for Fever
Ginger is known as a natural home remedy for fever. It contains anti-bacterial and anti-viral agent that helps to fight infection and boost the immunity of the body. It helps in reduction of fever through extracting the heat from the body.
- Take a glass of water, one-half tsp of grated ginger and a little honey.
- In a glass of water mix one-half tsp of grated ginger.
- Boil it for 5 minutes and then filter it.
- Add a little honey, into a filtered ginger tea.
- Consume this tea 2-3 times a day.
- You can also make a mixture of ginger.
- By adding 1 tsp of lemon juice, 1 tsp of honey into one-half tsp of ginger juice.
- Drink this mixture 3-4 times regularly.
9.) Garlic as a Remedy for Fever
Sweating helps in reducing fever, and garlic helps in lowering high fever by promoting sweating. Garlic works as an antibacterial and anti-fungal agent that helps to fight body infections. Garlic has warm nature, which causes sweating and also helps in eliminating harmful toxins from the body. Garlic is a natural home remedy, which you not only use in your food, you can also use it for fever prevention.
- Take 2 tbsp of olive oil and 2 crushed garlic cloves.
- Warm, 2 tbsp of olive oil into 2 crushed garlic cloves.
- Over the sole of each foot, apply this mixture gently.
- Leave a few spots uncovered.
- Then, wrap your feet with gauze to keep the mixture on the place overnight.
- Use this effective remedy for fever, avoid this remedy if you are pregnant and a small child.
10.) Apple Cider Vinegar as a Remedy for Fever
Apple cider vinegar contains acid and minerals that help to replenish minerals that it eliminated from the body due to the fever. It also helps to draw out the heat and reduces fever quickly. Apple cider vinegar is another fine and effective remedy for fever that helps to reduce a fever. Use this remedy for effective results, methods to follow.
- Take a glass of water, 1 tbsp of honey and 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- In a glass of water, mix 1 tbsp of honey and 2 tsp of vinegar.
- Consume it 3-4 times a day.