In this article we will discuss different home remedies to prevent burping. Burping or belching is a common reaction of expelling air from the tummy through the mouth. It usually occurs when the stomach has too much swallowed air in it. To expel this swallowed air we get burp or belching. The food we eat is also responsible for burping as during the digestion process when food breaks down in the intestine, gas is produced. The expelled gas is generally a mixture of oxygen and nitrogen. Gas and bloating is another reason which causes belching or burping. Although it does not posses any threat to health, but burping can be a symptom of an underlying condition such as bloating or gas. Bloating or gas makes your tummy appear swollen due to accumulation of gas produced during the digestion process. Gas in the stomach can cause involuntary burping which may make you feel embarrassed among people. If you try to control burping it causes discomfort in the stomach. Below, we have mentioned some home remedies to prevent burping. Follow these remedies and this will surely give you relief from burping or belching. But lets us know the causes responsible for burping first.
Causes of Burping
- Swallowing too much air.
- Certain food consumption causes burping.
- Consuming carbonated drinks
- Gas or bloating
- Talking and eating at the same time.
- Using a straw to drink beverages.
- Drinking beer
- Carbonated drinks
Home Remedies to Prevent Burping Naturally and Fast
- Home Remedies to Prevent Burping Naturally and Fast
- 1.) Eat Slowly to Prevent Burping Naturally
- 2.) Ginger to Prevent Burping or Belching Naturally
- 3.) Asafoetida and Fennel to Stop Burping Naturally and Fast
- 4.) Papaya as a Home Remedy to Prevent Burping Fast and Naturally
- 5.) Avoid Smoking to Avoid Burping
- 6.) Mint to Prevent Burping
- 7.) Yogurt to Prevent Burping Constantly
- 8.) Lemon to Prevent Burping a Lot
- 9.) Cumin Seeds to Prevent Burping a Lot
- 10.) Mind Your Dentures to Avoid Burping Naturally
1.) Eat Slowly to Prevent Burping Naturally
When eating, make sure you chew well and with your mouth closed. This way you will prevent air from getting into your mouth along with the food, thus preventing formation of burps. Eating bit by bit will also help you avoid the need to open your mouth as you chew strongly, thereby resulting in less air into the mouth. This method may take time but is one of the simple and basic ways to avoid burping.
2.) Ginger to Prevent Burping or Belching Naturally
One of the most famous remedies for curing stomach and gastrointestinal disorders is ginger. Ginger can also cure and prevent problems of burping or belching. If you can bear the pungent flavor of ginger, it will not only help reduce burping but also improve digestion.
Directions to Use Ginger For Belching Treatment:
- Just chomp a few pieces of ginger 2 to 3 times a day and get safety from stomach issues which are responsible for burping.
- Another way is to eat ginger with honey to lower the taste of ginger along with the added benefits of ginger.
3.) Asafoetida and Fennel to Stop Burping Naturally and Fast
Asafoetida and fennel are other good solutions to stop burps and therefore can be included in your daily diet. This is a safe and natural cure which does not cause any discomfort or side effects to your body. This remedy helps get rid of continuous burping as well.
Directions to Use Asafoetida for Constant Belching Treatment:
- Just take 4 tbsp of fennel and add 1/2th tsp asafoetida to it.
- Consume it twice a day to get rid of burping effectively and quickly.
- Add honey to it if you have rigorous burps which affects your lifestyle and upset your daily routine.
4.) Papaya as a Home Remedy to Prevent Burping Fast and Naturally
Papaya is known to have some great qualities for different body ailments. It is very effective for enhancing skin health. It is beneficial both internally and externally. It can be used to prevent burps as well. The papaya contains an active enzyme known as papain. Papain helps proper digestion and avoiding gas accumulation in the stomach. Hence, removing the need to burp.
Directions to Use Papaya for Reducing Burping:
- Consume a serving of papaya everyday to enhance your skin, as well as catch embarrassing burps.
- You can drink papaya juice as well to get rid of belching.
5.) Avoid Smoking to Avoid Burping
Smoking is mainly responsible for severe burping as too much smoke gets inside the body which is again harmful to the overall health. When you smoke constantly, you breathe in more and more smoke and air than you breathe out. This result in harmful nicotine getting stored inside the body and resulting to burps as a part of reflux action.
Suggestions to Avoid Smoking:
- Whenever you feel like smoking have a cup of green tea. Green tea helps reducing craving for smoking.
6.) Mint to Prevent Burping
Mint is another home remedy which is very effective in providing relief from stomach ailments and gas related issues. Mint is very effective in treating burning sensation in stomach. It even enhance digestion process. It gives a soothing effect to your stomach.
Directions to Use Mint for Stomach Ailments:
- To get relief, chew a few mint leaves several times a day.
- Other than that you can also prepare a mint tea by boiling mint leaves in a cup of water.
- Steep for 5-10 minutes and strain it before drinking it.
- Take mint tea twice a day to prevent the symptoms naturally.
7.) Yogurt to Prevent Burping Constantly
Yogurt is another simple and powerful food which you can add into your daily diet. Live bacteria present in yogurt help treat stomach issue and also cultivate friendly bacteria in your stomach. If you have lactose intolerance and milk and dairy items causes you burping, yogurt is the perfect alternative to have all the benefits of milk and also of yogurt which are not present in milk.
Suggestions to Use Yogurt to Stop Burping a Lot:
- A diluted form of yogurt you can have is buttermilk.
- Buttermilk is a much better alternative for avoiding burps.
- Just dilute some yogurt with water and also add some cumin seeds for a healthy stomach, which reduces symptoms of burping fast.
8.) Lemon to Prevent Burping a Lot
Lemon is another very simple yet effective remedy for the treatment of chronic burps. Lemon is also useful in treating different stomach ailments. Here is the method to use lemon.
Directions to Use Lemon as a Burping Treatment:
- Just take 2 tbsp of lemon juice and add 1/2 tbsp of baking soda in it.
- Mix it well in a glass of water and sip it after your each meal.
- This will definitely help prevent burping and aids digestion issue.
9.) Cumin Seeds to Prevent Burping a Lot
To prevent burping cumin seeds is one of the most excellent home remedies. It not only helps reduce burping but also improve digestion process. here is the method to use it.
Directions to Use Cumin Seeds to Prevent Burping:
- Roast cumin seeds alongside fennel and celery seeds.
- Just take 2 tbsp of these roasted mixture every day and drink a glass of warm water after consuming.
- This will help you get rid of burps quickly.
10.) Mind Your Dentures to Avoid Burping Naturally
If you have given a try to all the home remedies and not getting the expected result, you should visit a doctor and check your dentures and fittings. Most of the time its your ill fitted dentures that need an urgent evaluation. If dentures are not fixed properly, it will leave your mouth partly open, thus encouraging air to trap in the mouth and causing more rigorous burping.