In this article we will discuss different methods and ways to lose belly fat fast. Belly fat is also known as beer belly or pot belly. Belly fat refers to the accumulation of fat around the abdominal area. Belly fat, medically termed as central obesity. Such accumulation of fat has quite harmful effects on the health. Increased belly fat increases the chances of getting serious ailments like diabetes, heart disease, insulin resistance, cancers and many other deadly diseases. It is therefore necessary to get rid of belly fat to prevent yourself from such deadly disease. Along with proper exercise and balanced diet, you can fight your belly fat and eventually can get rid of it. Below we have listed a combination exercise and foods which can help you lose belly fat fast. Before that, let us know the reasons and symptoms of belly fat.
Causes of Belly Fat
- Unhealthy lifestyle
- Junk food
- Lack of Physical activities
- Consumption of too much alcohol.
- Excessive Eating
- Sleeping disorder
Symptoms of Belly Fat
Ways to Lose Belly Fat Fast:
- Ways to Lose Belly Fat Fast:
- 1.) Side Plank Exercise to Lose Belly Fat Fast
- 2.) Push-up Pose Exercise to Reduce Belly Fat Fast
- 3.) Alligator Pull Exercise to Lose Belly Fat Fast
- 4.) Bicycle Exercise to Get Rid of Belly Fat Fast
- 5.) Reverse Crunch Exercise to Get Rid of Belly Fat Fast
- 6.) Vertical Crunch Exercise to Reduce Belly Fat Fast
- 7.) Green Tea to Lose Belly Fat Naturally
- 8.) Lean Protein to Lose Belly Fat Fast and Naturally
- 9.) Whole Grains to Lose Belly Fat Fast and Naturally
- 10.) Milk to Lose Belly Fat Fast and Naturally
1.) Side Plank Exercise to Lose Belly Fat Fast
Side plank abs exercise is more challenging as compared to other traditional plank. This is because, in this exercise you have to support your entire body weight on only two points of contact instead of four. As a result, it makes you hold your core harder to stay stabilized. It is one of the best ways to lose belly fat.
Directions to Perform Side Plank to Reduce Belly Fat:
- Lie straight on your right side with your elbow directly underneath your legs and shoulder stacked.
- Keep your left hand on your right shoulder or on your right thigh.
- Prop your abdomen and raise your hips off the ground until you balance your forearm and feet in order to make your body to form a diagonal line.
- Hold on for 40 to 50 seconds.
- If you are not able hold for that long, hold up as long its possible and then do again until you hold for 50 seconds as a total.
- Switch to other side and repeat.
2.) Push-up Pose Exercise to Reduce Belly Fat Fast
This push-up pose abs exercise involves your body’s full movement, like use of the arms. legs and abdomen while integrating resistance to strengthen your core entirely. Here is the method.
Directions to Perform Push-up Exercise to Lose Abdominal Fat:
- Take a push-up position with hands 2 inches broad than your shoulders.
- Move your hands out as far as you can, then move them back. complete 10 to 12 reps.
- You can make it harder by Lifting one leg before you move your hands out and back.
3.) Alligator Pull Exercise to Lose Belly Fat Fast
This alligator pull abs exercise exploits your complete chore to keep your body stabilized and shed extra calories by including movement (dragging yourself along the ground). It is a mixture of cardio, stability, and strength training in one to help you get fast results. It also helps effectively in getting rid of lower belly fat.
Directions to Perform Alligator Pull Exercise to Reduce Stomach Fat:
- Find a big enough floor that has a space for you to go onward 10 to 20 yards.
- Take something which will slide over the ground with less friction.
- You can use kitchen plates or a plastic bag which works well in case of carpeted floors. In case of wooden or tiled floor use a towel.
- Take a pushup position with your feet on the slide, towel, or plate.
- Move yourself forward using your hands to the end of your runway (target for at least 10 yards).
- Take a short break of 60 to 90 seconds or as long as you need to get your breath back.
- Repeat the alligator walk back to the starting position. This is one set.
- Repeat it 2-3 time or as much as you can.
4.) Bicycle Exercise to Get Rid of Belly Fat Fast
Burning body and belly fat with cardio exercises such as cycling is half the battle won. Next step is to strengthen abdominal muscles once the fat is burned. According to a recent study, the bicycle exercise has been ranked among the top exercise for losing weight. It is because cycling requires abdominal stabilization, body rotation, and extra abdominal muscle activity.
Directions for Cycling to Prevent Accumulation of Belly Fat:
- Lie down straight on your back with hands at the back of your head.
- Lift your knees up to your chest and at the same time lift your head and shoulders off the floor.
- Take the left elbow to your right knee and straighten the left leg.
- Change sides and take the right elbow to your left knee and straighten the right leg
- Carry on switching sides to create a pedaling motion.
- You should be breathing relaxed and even while doing this exercise.
- Do 1 to 3 sets of 12-16 repetitions in each.
5.) Reverse Crunch Exercise to Get Rid of Belly Fat Fast
This reverse crunch abs exercise is another best exercise for strengthening core muscles. It is very effective in getting rid of stomach fat fast.
Directions to Perform Reverse Crunch Exercise For Reducing Abdominal Fat:
- Lie down flat on the ground with arms at your sides.
- Cross your feet and raise them up off the ground, creating a 90 degree angle.
- Squeeze your abdomen muscles and lift your head and shoulders off the ground.
- Breathe out when you squeeze and breathe in when you lower your back on the surface.
- Do 1 to 3 sets of 12-16 repetitions.
6.) Vertical Crunch Exercise to Reduce Belly Fat Fast
This vertical leg crunch exercise is same as your regular crunch exercise. In this exercise you need to keep your legs straight, which makes the abs workout even harder and increases the intensity of your workout. Here is the Method.
Directions to Perform Vertical Crunch Exercise to Reduce Stomach Fat:
- Lie down flat with hands at the back of your head.
- Keep your legs in a straight line with knees crossed.
- Flex your abs to raise the head and shoulders off the surface.
- Lay back down.
- Hold your legs extended in the air the whole time.
- Breathe out when you flex and breathe in when you lay back down.
- Do 1 to 3 sets of 12-16 repetitions in each set.
7.) Green Tea to Lose Belly Fat Naturally
Green tea and weight loss go hand in hand. Starting your morning with a cup of green tea is known to reduce your waist significantly. Whereas drinking too much coffee has the reverse effect. Green tea contains a friendly compound known as catechins. Catechin helps revive the metabolism fast. It helps escalate the release of fat from fat cells, especially from the belly. It also speeds up the liver’s fat burning abilities.
- Drink 3 to 4 cups of green tea regularly to lose belly fat fast.
- Avoid adding sugar to it. Instead you can sweeten it with honey for added benefits.
8.) Lean Protein to Lose Belly Fat Fast and Naturally
Chicken breasts, turkey cutlets, egg whites, fish and pork tenderloin are an ideal food for reducing fat from the body. This is because these foods take long time to digest carbohydrates. This helps to keep us full for a longer duration. The protein present in these foods helps build muscle, therefore they will not add to belly fat, only if enjoyed in moderate limit. So, include foods rich in lean protein to lose belly fat fast.
9.) Whole Grains to Lose Belly Fat Fast and Naturally
Along with fiber rich diet, you may include whole grains in your diet. Whole grains contain magnesium and chromium. These two are the most important nutrients to combat cortisol, which is a stress hormone which helps fat to accumulate around the waist. These nutrients also keep down insulin production, thus discouraging fat to accumulate around the tummy. To get maximum benefits from whole grains, go for 100% natural grains instead of processed one. Oats, brown or wild rice or quinoa is some example of whole grain food. These foods helps burn fat faster then the processed one.
10.) Milk to Lose Belly Fat Fast and Naturally
Dairy products such as milk, yogurt and cheese are loaded with whey. Whey is a protein which supports the development of lean body mass. This means that calories consumed from low fat dairy does not stick to your belly. Dairy items also helps keeping you full for long. It also helps increases overall weight loss.
- Consume three servings of low fat dairy every day.
- Include cottage cheese, string cheese or Greek yogurt as a dairy food in your diet.
- Look for plain and unprocessed products instead of processed as they are high in sugar content and have less nutritional value compared to plain and unprocessed dairy items.