After writing, how to whiten teeth naturally?, how to reduce gum swelling? and how to get rid of bad breath?, we are now writing the best home remedies for Pyorrhoea treatment. Pyorrhoea, also known as periodontitis, is a gum disease. The problem begins with the growth of bacteria in the mouth. It builds up the plaque around the teeth. It is followed by the inflammation in the mouth. If the inflammation is not treated on time it leads to pyorrhoea. The space between teeth and the inner layer of gum looks like a pocket. It is filled with debris and can become infected. It may also lead to tooth loss. To keep the problem at bay, maintain the oral hygiene and regularly visit a dentist for the check-up. However, there are some home remedies for pyorrhoea that can give you a great relief.
Symptoms of Pyorrhoea:
- Swelling and tenderness of the gums
- Stomach problems
- Space between gums and teeth
- Tooth decay
- Bad breath
- Inflammation of the gums
Causes of Pyorrhoea:
- Wrong eating habits
- Bacterial infection
- Improper oral hygiene
- Smoking and alcohol
- Chemical and physical irritants
- Certain Medicines
Various Home Remedies for Pyorrhoea Treatment:
- Various Home Remedies for Pyorrhoea Treatment:
- 1.) Oil Pulling to Treat Pyorrhea
- 2.) Hydrogen Peroxide to Get Rid of the Pyorrhea
- 3.) Salt to Treat Pyorrhea at Home
- 4.) Turmeric for Pyorrhea Treatment
- 5.) Guava to Get Rid of the Pyorrhea
- 6.) Margosa to Treat Pyorrhea
- 7.) Cayenne Pepper to Get Rid of Pyorrhoea
- 8.) Black Pepper to Cure Pyorrhea
- 9.) Basil Leaves to Cure Pyorrhea
- 10.) Tea Tree Oil to Treat Pyorrhea
- 11.) Mustard Oil to Treat Pyorrhea
- 12.) Orange Peels to Get Rid of Pyorrhea
- 13.) Sesame Oil to Treat Pyorrhea
- 14.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Pyorrhea
- 15.) Chamomile Tea to Cure Pyorrhea
- 16.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Pyorrhea
- 17.) Lemon to Treat Pyorrhea
- 18.) Grapes and Banana to Cure Pyorrhea
- 19.) Carom Seeds to Get Rid of Pyorrhea
- 20.) Spinach to Treat Pyorrhea
- 21.) Cranberry Juice to Get Rid of Pyorrhea
- 22.) Onion to Cure Pyorrhea
- Other Useful Tips to Avoid Pyorrhea:
1.) Oil Pulling to Treat Pyorrhea
Oil pulling is one of the best remedies for Pyorrhoea. Regular oil pulling prevents plaque buildup. It inhibits the growth of bacteria. Moreover, it can strengthen the gum and keeps the gum disease at the bay. You can use coconut oil or sesame oil for oil pulling.
- Sip some oil and swish it around the tongue and teeth for some time then spit it out and rinse off your mouth with warm water.
- Follow this regularly before brushing your teeth.
2.) Hydrogen Peroxide to Get Rid of the Pyorrhea
Hydrogen peroxide helps to treat the disease as it has antibacterial properties. It fights the bacteria and relieves the pain. Also, it is a wonderful remedy for white teeth. However, use only 3% hydrogen peroxide. You can use it in two different ways. Mix equal amount of water and hydrogen peroxide and rinse your mouth with the solution. Don’t swallow the solution, spit it out.
- Make a paste of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda.
- Gently apply the paste over the affected gum with a finger.
- Leave it on for some time and then spit it out.
- Repeat it daily to treat the gum problems.
3.) Salt to Treat Pyorrhea at Home
Salt has antibacterial and antiseptic properties which inhibit the growth of the bacteria in the mouth. Also, it helps to treat the inflammation around the teeth and gums.
- In a glass of lukewarm water mix 2 teaspoons of salt. Use the solution to swish around the tongue and teeth.
- Spit out and repeat the process again. Do this regularly to treat pyorrhea.
- Make a paste with salt and mustard oil. Apply the paste after brushing your teeth.
- Gently massage it for a minute and then leave for a while. Rinse it off after 5-6 minutes.
4.) Turmeric for Pyorrhea Treatment
Turmeric is one of the most effective home remedies for Pyorrhoea treatment. A compound known as curcumin is found in turmeric. This compound is loaded with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which help to relieve the inflammation and the pain. Also, turmeric hinders the growth of bacteria in the mouth.
- After brushing your teeth with your regular paste, brush your teeth with turmeric.
- Also, make a gum pack with water or vitamin oil or turmeric.
- Apply it on gums before hitting the sack. Rinse it off next morning. Follow this regularly.
5.) Guava to Get Rid of the Pyorrhea
Guava is a rich source of Vitamin C. The nutrient prevents the gum disease. It act as anti-plaque agent and removes the plaque built around teeth and gums. Also, it reduces the pain, swelling and inflammation around the gums. You can also use guava leaves. It is one of the most excellent home remedies for Pyorrhoea.
- Chew a unripe guava with a dash of salt.
- You can also chew guava leaves to treat the gum disease.
6.) Margosa to Treat Pyorrhea
Margosa is known for its medicinal benefits from the ages. Thus, it is counted among the most effective remedies for Pyorrhoea. It inhibits the growth of the bacteria and helps you to get rid of bad breath. It keeps your gum and teeth healthy.
- Apply margosa juice over the affected area.
- Leave it for a few minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Use the bark of margosa as a toothbrush to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
7.) Cayenne Pepper to Get Rid of Pyorrhoea
The anti-inflammatory properties present in the cayenne pepper helps you to get rid of the swelling, pain and inflammation caused due to the gum disease. It is also among the finest remedy for Pyorrhoea.
- On a soft-bristle toothbrush put a few drops of cayenne pepper and brush it gently over the gums.
- Then rinse it off with warm water. Use it regularly to treat gum diseases.
8.) Black Pepper to Cure Pyorrhea
Black pepper is packed with the amazing medicinal properties which help you treat gum problems. It combats the bacteria and strengthens the gum.
- Mix salt and powdered black pepper. Add a few drops water in it to make a fine paste.
- Apply it on the affected area. Leave it for a few minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Make a mixture of pomegranate powdered seeds and black pepper. Apply it on the gums.
- Massage it for a while and then rinse it off with warm water. Do this regularly to get rid of the pyorrhea.
9.) Basil Leaves to Cure Pyorrhea
Basil leaves are one of the most successful remedies for pyorrhoea. It cures the bleeding gums and inhibits the growth of bacteria. Also, it protects the teeth from oral problems. You can drink basil tea regularly. You can also use tea as a mouth wash.
- Make a fine paste of mustard oil and crushed dried basil leaves.
- Gently massage the paste on the affected area.
- Do this twice a day until the symptoms of the gum diseases are gone.
10.) Tea Tree Oil to Treat Pyorrhea
Last but not least, is tea tree oil. The antibacterial and antiseptic properties present in the oil makes it one of the best remedies for Pyorrhoea. Mix some tea tree oil in your toothpaste and use it for brushing teeth.
- Add a few drops in a teaspoon of tea tree oil.
- Gently rub it over the affected area.
- Leave it for some time and then rinse it off with warm water.
11.) Mustard Oil to Treat Pyorrhea
Mustard oil is one of the effective remedies for pyorrhea. It treats the inflammation and soreness of the gums. All you have to do is after brushing the teeth, massage lukewarm mustard oil on gums. Alternatively, soak a cotton ball in the mustard oil and massage it on the gums.
12.) Orange Peels to Get Rid of Pyorrhea
The peels of orange are also one of the best remedies for pyorrhea. It treats the symptoms of the periodontist and bad breath as well. Dry some peels of orange. Crush them to get a fine powder then mix it in your paste and brush your teeth with this mixture.
13.) Sesame Oil to Treat Pyorrhea
This is one of the most effective home remedies to get rid of pyorrhea. It soothes the gum and prevents gum bleeding. It is also good for treating other dental problems. Follow the instructions given below to cure pyorrhea.
- Put some sesame oil in your mouth. Hold it in your mouth for the next 5 to 8 minutes.
- Now, swish this oil in your mouth. Spit it out and swish your mouth with clear water.
- Repeat this treatment twice a week to get rid of pyorrhea completely.
14.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Pyorrhea
This is one of the natural remedies to treat pyorrhea. It is a very common ingredient that is found in many toothpaste. It reduces the risk of gum diseases such as pyorrhea. Baking soda not only cleans the teeth but also keeps the mouth fresh. It neutralizes the acids in the mouth and prevents tooth decay. Follow the steps given below to get rid of pyorrhea.
- Take two tablespoons of baking soda in a bowl.
- Add sufficient water in it to make a thick paste.
- With the help of your fingers, rub this paste on your teeth.
- You can even use this paste in your daily brushing routine.
- Repeat this method twice a day to alleviate the pain caused by pyorrhea.
15.) Chamomile Tea to Cure Pyorrhea
This is one of the amazing remedies to treat gum diseases and problems like pyorrhea. The antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties present in chamomile helps to get rid of the pain and inflammation associated with pyorrhea. Follow the instructions given below to treat pyorrhea.
- Take a cup of hot water. Add three teaspoons of chamomile flowers in it.
- Leave it to steep for the next 10 to 15 minutes. Strain it and leave it to cool down.
- Rinse your mouth with this tea several times a day to get desirable results.
16.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Pyorrhea
This is one of the most natural remedies to get rid of pyorrhea. The healing and anti-inflammatory properties present in Aloe Vera are very beneficial for treating gum diseases and problems like pyorrhea. The antimicrobial properties of Aloe Vera kill the bacteria that are responsible for causing gum diseases. It cures bad breath and treats mouth ulcers.
- Take 100% pure aloe vera gel. Rub it on your gums and teeth.
- Leave it in your mouth for the next 10 minutes to encourage the healing process.
- Repeat this method on a regular basis to cure pyorrhea.
- Alternatively, take some Aloe Vera gel and swish it in your mouth for a few minutes. Spit it out and rinse your mouth with clean water.
- You can even drink two teaspoons of Aloe Vera juice two times a day.
17.) Lemon to Treat Pyorrhea
This is one of the most effective home remedies to cure dental problems like pyorrhea. The vitamin C present in lemon prevents the swelling in the gums and makes the teeth strong. Lemon will give you a stingy sensation but at the same time it prevents the pus coming from the gums. Follow the instructions given below to cure pyorrhea.
- Squeeze out the lemon juice from one lemon.
- With the help of your finger tips, massage this lemon juice on your gums.
- Leave it like that for the next 5 minutes.
- Swish your mouth with clear water.
- Repeat this treatment every day to get rid of pyorrhea completely.
18.) Grapes and Banana to Cure Pyorrhea
These two fruits are very beneficial to treat gum problems such as pyorrhea. The antiseptic properties of grapes help to cure gum problems. Banana is also a beneficial fruit for treating pyorrhea. The high glucose content in grapes is good for the human body. All you need to do is drink juice prepared from fresh grapes. Drink this juice twice or thrice a day to get instant relief. Make sure you do not add any other ingredient in this juice. Eat a banana daily and also include the threadlike inner peel of the banana. Consume these two fruits on a regular basis to get rid of pyorrhea completely.
19.) Carom Seeds to Get Rid of Pyorrhea
This is one of the most natural remedies to treat pyorrhea. This is a popular ingredient used in India and is well known for its pungent flavor. The healing properties of carom seeds make it a wonderful remedy for pyorrhea. Carom seeds heal the pyorrhea and make the mouth fresh. Follow the instructions given below to get rid of pyorrhea completely.
- Take one litre of water in a pan.
- Add handful of Carmon seeds in it.
- Boil this water and continue it until the water is reduced to half.
- Turn off the gas flame and leave the water to cool down.
- Don’t throw the seeds. Take them out and keep them aside.
- Rinse your mouth with this water.
- Chew these seeds to heal pyorrhea.
20.) Spinach to Treat Pyorrhea
This is one of the most natural remedies for the treatment of pyorrhea. Its juice is very effective for the tooth and the gums. The effectiveness of this juice doubles when it is mixed with carrot juice. All you need to do is drink a glass of juice prepared from fresh spinach and carrots. Drink this juice every day until the condition of pyorrhea heals. It gives quick relief from pyorrhea.
21.) Cranberry Juice to Get Rid of Pyorrhea
The presence of vitamin C in cranberry juice helps to fight gum disease and infections such as pyorrhea. It prevents the bacteria from sticking to your teeth. All you need to do is drink 3 ounces of cranberry juice on regular basis. Make sure it is not sweet. Consume vitamin C rich foods such as broccoli, red peppers, strawberries, papaya, blue berries, grapefruit, lemons etc.
22.) Onion to Cure Pyorrhea
This is one of the best home remedies to get rid of pyorrhea completely. It gives instant relief from pyorrhea. Follow the instructions given below to treat pyorrhea.
- Take a fresh slice of onion. You can even take onion seeds.
- Keep this slice or onion seeds in your mouth near the base of your tooth.
- Keep it there for as long as you can.
- Spit out the saliva. You don’t have to swallow the saliva.
- Repeat this treatment 3 times a day to get rid of pyorrhea.
Other Useful Tips to Avoid Pyorrhea:
- Regularly brush your teeth. Avoid spices, acidic and sweets. Regularly go for dental checkup
- While using floss if you see swelling or bleeding in the gums then consult your doctor as soon as possible.
- Use antiseptic mouthwashes to kills the germs and bacteria in the mouth.
- Change your brush from time to time. Limit the consumption of soda, coffee, and alcohol.
- Clean the surface of your tongue. Avoid consuming tobacco.
- Eat plenty of calcium because it is good for the teeth. Drink mil on a daily basis. Eat cheese, broccoli and other dairy products.