Do you think that seasonal changes don’t bring any change to your hair? Well, if your answer is yes, then it is the time to think again. Hair loss is caused due to various factors, but the major cause is an environmental factor. The environment also plays a major role in the growth of your hair. So, if it is the season of winter, then pay a little more attention to your hair. Winter is the only season of the year when your hair falls more than anything. Hence, you need to focus more on your hair during this season of the year. For this, you need to use few natural ways to control hair fall in winter.
Factors that Cause Hair Fall:
Here are few factors that cause hair fall.
- Stress: It is the most common factor that causes hair fall. Though, we experience a lot of stressful situations in life that brings a lot of tension and worries. So, it is really very important to deal with such situations with a calm mind and avoid stress in life at any cost to control hair fall.
- Hormonal Changes: Few changes in hormones and hormonal imbalance may cause hair fall.
- Lifestyle: An unhealthy lifestyle causes hair fall. Your hair also gets affected by the lifestyle you follow. So, if you are following an unhealthy lifestyle like poor eating habits, less physical activity, smoking, and drinking, then it is the time to change it and follow a healthy routine.
- Using lot of heat treatments may also cause hair fall.
- Using hair dyes, hair colors and various types of shampoos and conditioners having high chemical content may also cause hair fall.
Natural Ways to Control Hair Fall in Winter
Well, here are few natural ways that you should follow if you want to stop hair loss. You need to follow them sincerely if you want to control hair fall in winter.
1.) Apply Coconut Milk to Control Hair Fall in Winter
Coconut milk is a great natural treatment used to stop hair fall effectively. It contains great properties like providing nourishment to hair tissues that in turn helps in reducing hair loss. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- Firstly, just scrap fresh coconuts using coconut scraper and then grind these scrapings in a blender.
- Now, prepare a paste after grinding to extract coconut milk.
- After this, just apply this coconut milk thoroughly on your hair and your scalp and hair.
- Leave it on your hair for 15-20 minutes.
- Also, massage your scalp gently by using coconut milk.
- Use this natural treatment for hair loss once in a week to control hair fall in winter.
2.) Treat Dandruff to Treat Hair Fall
Dandruff is a very common problem in the season of winter that is also a major cause of hair fall. Hence, it is really very important to treat such problem effectively. Dandruff basically occurs, due to extreme dryness of the scalp. So, to prevent it just use the anti-dandruff cleanser and always keep your hair clean to control hair fall in winter.
3.) Give Proper Hair Oil Massage
It is really very important to give proper hair oil massage to your hair. It is the primary step to control hair fall in winter. Your hair needs nourishment to grow and stay healthy. A hair massage not only helps in reducing stress, but it is very useful in improving the blood circulation. For hair massage, you may use essential oils like coconut oil, almond oil, castor oil, and olive oil. For increasing the efficiency of these oils, just add a few drops of rosemary in it. Just massage using these oil on your hair and scalp with your fingertips. Do this once or twice in a week to control hair fall in winter.
4.) Apply Aloe Vera to Control Hair Fall in Winter
Aloe Vera is used in various health related problems. Not only it can provide benefits in health, but it also keeps your hair healthy. It is rich in various nutrients and it contains various enzymes and nutrients that can stop hair fall easily. It even promotes hair growth and balances the pH scale of your scalp. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- Apply, fresh Aloe Vera on your scalp.
- Leave it on your scalp for few hours.
- After this, just wash it off using lukewarm water.
- Use this remedy 3-4 times in a week to control hair fall in winter.
- You may even consume one tablespoon of aloe vera juice on an empty stomach in the morning to prevent hair fall in winter.
5.) Eat a Balanced Diet to Control Hair Fall in Winter
One should eat a balanced diet that contains all types of nutrients and minerals. It is not only good for your health, but it also helps a lot in the hair growth. So, start eating healthy foods to control hair fall in winter. It is really very important to eat properly. Also, eat fruits and vegetables on a regular basis and avoid all the junk foods, oily foods that you consume.
6.) Flaxseeds to Control Hair Fall in Winter
Flaxseeds are very helpful in preventing the hair loss. They are rich in omega-3 fatty acids that are very important for the hair. It even promotes the hair growth. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- Consume one teaspoon of ground flaxseeds with one glass of water on a regular basis in the morning to control hair loss. Also, add this ingredient to your diet by adding it to different dishes, recipes, salads, and soups.
- You may also apply flaxseed oil on your hair to prevent hair fall.
7.) Use Fenugreek Seeds to Control Hair Fall in Winter
Fenugreek seeds are high in hormone antecedents that help in rebuilding hair follicles that in turn helps in preventing hair fall. These seeds contain nicotine acid and proteins that help in stimulating hair growth. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- Just soak one cup of fenugreek seeds in water. Leave it overnight.
- Next morning, just grind them to prepare a paste.
- Apply, this paste on your hair and cover with a shower cap.
- After 40 minutes, just rinse your hair.
- Use this remedy every morning for one month to control hair fall in winter.
8.) Apply Onion Juice to Control Hair Fall in Winter
Onion is not only made for eating purposes it can also treat hair problems effectively. It contains sulfur that helps in improving the blood circulation and regenerating hair follicles. It also helps in reducing inflammation. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- Grind onion and extract juice from it. Strain it. Now, apply this onion juice on your scalp. Leave it on your scalp for 30 minutes. After this, wash your hair with a mild shampoo and water.
- Alternatively, you may also mix three teaspoons of onion juice with 2 teaspoons of fresh Aloe Vera gel. Apply, this mixture of aloe Vera gel and onion juice gently on your scalp and leave it on your hair for 30 minutes. After this, just rinse it off with shampoo and water.
9.) Gently Comb Your Hair to Avoid Hair Fall
Just comb your hair gently. Don’t comb it with hard strokes as it may cause hair fall. Also, don’t comb for a long time as it causes a lot of damage to hair. In winter, your hair remains dry due to lack of moisture. So, always comb it gently to control hair fall in winter.
10.) Apply Avocado Mask to Control Hair Fall in Winter
This mask will help to keep your hair nourished by preventing hair fall. It is also rich in various vitamins and minerals that help in getting rid of dryness. So, apply the avocado mask on your hair to control hair fall in winter.
11.) Use Oil Treatment to Get Rid of Hair Fall
A regular hair oil treatment can help a lot in treating the problem of hair fall in winter. It provides nourishment and moisture to the hair scalp. It is a great remedy for eradicating dandruff and dryness of hair. So, massage your hair in winter using the hair oil like olive oil to control hair fall in winter.
12.) Use Banana and Honey to Control Hair Fall
The banana and honey hair pack helps in preventing hair fall in winter. It is a great remedy that can reduce extreme dryness. To prepare this hair pack just smash one banana and mix it with two tablespoons of honey. Apply this mixture on your hair and leave it for 1 hour. After this, wash your hair using a mild shampoo. It is one of the best remedies to treat hair fall in winter.