Feeling pain or discomfort in the ears results in plugged ears, which is caused by the blockage of Eustachian tubes. The Eustachian tube helps to regulate and equalize the pressure between the middle ear and the atmospheric pressure. There are some other causes of plugged ears such as sinus infection, wax build-up, cold and cough, pressure differences in the middle ear. Clogged ears can affect your hearing capability. You feel a windy sound and a popping sensation in your ear which can really make your day miserable. Read this article and find out the best remedies to unplug ears.
Though anyone can suffer from this problem but it is very much common among children. This can happen at any time of the day. For example, in the night when you are sleeping and suddenly you wake up because you feel like someone has stuffed some cotton balls in your ears. You can’t go to buy a medicine at that time. Relax! you need not worry about this. Read this article and discover the best remedies to unplug ears. All will find everything right in your house and you just don’t have to wait till the morning to solve your problem.
Symptoms of Plugged Ears:
- Problem in hearing
- Bleeding from the affected ears
- Ringing sound in the ears
Causes of Plugged Ears:
- Sinus infection
- Blocked nose
- Water lodged in the ear
- Blockage of the Eustachian tubes
Best Remedies to Unplug Ears:
- Best Remedies to Unplug Ears:
- 1.) Steam to Unplug Ears Fast
- 2.) Hydrogen Peroxide to Unplug Ears Fast
- 3.) Apple Cider Vinegar and Rubbing Alcohol to Unclog Ears
- 4.) Garlic to Unplug Ears Naturally and Fast
- 5.) Olive Oil to Unplug Ears Overnight
- 6.) Warm Compress to Unplug Ears Naturally and Fast
- 7.) Tea Tree Oil to Unpop Ears Fast and Naturally
- 8.) Gargle to Unclog Ears Naturally and Fast
- 9.) Ear Drops to Unpop Ears Fast
- 10.) Glycerine to Unplug Ears Fast
There are a few ear drops and various natural home remedies that will help you to unplug your ears and will also soothe the pain and discomfort. Some of these natural remedies are listed below.
1.) Steam to Unplug Ears Fast
Inhaling steam is one of the effective ways to treat clogged ears. It helps to loosen the accumulated mucus, which will eventually result in unplugged ears. Steam helps to loosen the earwax that is the actual cause of clogging. This makes steam as an effective home remedy to unplug ears fast.
Steps to Use Steam to Treat Plugged Ears Fast:
- Take a large bowl and pour hot water in it.
- Now, add a few drops of lavender oil or tea tree oil to it.
- Then use a towel to cover your head and inhale the steam slowly.
- Repeat the method once a day, until you get relief from plugged ears.
2.) Hydrogen Peroxide to Unplug Ears Fast
Hydrogen peroxide is one of the best and effective home remedies for plugged ears. You can use hydrogen peroxide for clogged ears, which is blocked due to the accumulated wax. Hydrogen peroxide works effectively in loosening the accumulated wax thus unplugging the Eustachian tubes.
Steps to Use Hydrogen Peroxide to Cure Plugged Ears Fast:
- Use a dropper and put 2 drops of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide in the clogged ear.
- After a few minutes, you will hear a fizzing sound.
- After 10 minutes, tilt your head, so that the earwax and solution come out.
- Make sure you don’t use hydrogen peroxide in excess as it may cause harm to the ear drums.
3.) Apple Cider Vinegar and Rubbing Alcohol to Unclog Ears
Apple cider vinegar is a beneficial home remedy to unclog ears. ACV helps to dissolve the accumulated mucus and removes it out from the Eustachian tube. It contains antibacterial properties, which cures the infection causing fluid and clogged ears. This makes it as an effective home remedy to unclog ears effectively.
Steps to Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Clogged Ears:
- Mix equal amount of apple cider vinegar and rubbing alcohol.
- By using a bulb syringe or dropper, put this solution into your affected ear.
- Now, hold a cotton pad to the ear and turn your ear face downwards.
- Lay like this for some time.
- This method helps the fluid to come out.
4.) Garlic to Unplug Ears Naturally and Fast
Using garlic is one of the best natural remedies for treating any type of infection. Garlic works as a natural antibiotic as it contains a powerful anti-bacterial property that helps to treat plugged ears. It also treats any kind of infection build up and even prevents your ear from infection. This makes it as an effective natural remedy to unclog ears.
Steps to Use Garlic to Get Rid of Plugged Ears:
- Take 2 to 3 cloves. Peel them and crush them properly.
- Add any oil as per your choice and heat it for a few minutes. Let it cool down.
- Pour this oil into the plugged ear.
- Put the cotton pad on the ear to hold the oil for 2 minutes.
- Now, let the fluid come out of the ear. Repeat it on a regular basis.
5.) Olive Oil to Unplug Ears Overnight
When the hard wax is stuck into your ear canal, then use olive oil to soften the wax. So, that it can be drawn out easily. Loosening the wax will make it easier to eliminate it from your ear. When accumulated, the wax becomes hard, thus blocking your ears and causing pain. Olive oil gets mixed with the hardened wax and melts it completely. Now, you can easily clear the wax out using some ear drops or a simple bud.
Steps to Use Olive Oil to Unclog Ears Overnight:
- Heat olive oil slightly and pour it into a dropper.
- Then pour 3 to 4 drops of olive oil in your affected ear before bedtime.
- Lay with the affected ear upwards.
- Repeat it for 3 nights.
- On the fourth night, use water to wipe out the olive oil to clean the ear.
6.) Warm Compress to Unplug Ears Naturally and Fast
Applying heat is the best and effective way to soften the wax. It also helps to loosen congestion if you have a cold. Heat will easily melt the hardened wax, eventually making it easier to flush out of the ear. This makes it as an effective home remedy to unclog ears.
Steps to Use Warm Compress to Cure Plugged Ears Fast:
- Iron a cloth and place it on the plugged ear for some time until the cloth cools down.
- Repeat this procedure for 15 minutes.
- You can simply put the warm cloth underneath the plugged ears as an alternative.
7.) Tea Tree Oil to Unpop Ears Fast and Naturally
Tea tree oil has antimicrobial, antiseptic and antibacterial properties that help to treat infection in the ears. The oil is the best remedy for any respiratory infections, sinus or any other nasal infection and clogged ears.
Steps to Use Tea Tree Oil to Treat Clogged Ears:
- Boil a glass of water and add a few drops of tea tree oil in it.
- Tilt your head over the glass of water so that the steam enters in your plugged ear.
- Follow this remedy daily as it will provide you instant relief.
8.) Gargle to Unclog Ears Naturally and Fast
Gargling with water will help to draw out all the impurities in your mouth and also cure sinus, cough, cold and other infections that cause plugged ears. Hot salt water is the best way for gargling.
Steps to Use Salt Water to Unclog Ears Naturally:
- Heat a glass of water and add salt to it.
- Now, start gargling with this solution for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Don’t swallow the water.
- Repeat it 2 times a day.
9.) Ear Drops to Unpop Ears Fast
There are several commercial ear drops available in the market. Some of them are:
- Cerumol eardrop contains chlorobutanol, which helps to soften the ear wax and unplug your ears.
- Care sodium bicarbonate ear drops contain sodium bicarbonate that helps in natural cleaning of the ears.
- Similasan ear relief is a natural homeopathic remedy to get rid of plugged ears.
10.) Glycerine to Unplug Ears Fast
Glycerine and baby oil is the best way to soften the wax. The best thing about this remedy is that both the products used in it are mostly available on the beauty shelves of ladies.
Steps to Use Glycerine to Prevent Plugged Ears Fast:
- Mix a few drops of baby oil and glycerine and add them in a hot water.
- Then add an equal amount of hydrogen peroxide in this solution.
- Now, lie down and pour this solution into the plugged ears.
- When you pour the solution in the plugged ears, then you will hear the bubble sound.
- When this sound stops that means it is the time to remove out the solution.
- Repeat this method 3 times a day.
Additional Tips to Prevent Clogged Ears:
- Clean your ears regularly so that the wax cannot build up in your ear.
- After taking a bath, dry your ear with a soft towel.
- Don’t use extreme hot compress on the ear.
- Avoid swimming or scuba diving as the water can plug your ears.
- Taking a warm shower for 15 to 20 minutes can relieve your plugged ears.
- Drinking warm soups helps to soften the mucous to prevent the plugged ear. You can also drink tea or coffee etc.
- Inhaling and exhaling through nostrils and closed mouth will help you to unplug your ears.
- You can also include hot foods like radish, garlic, pepper, chilies, onions etc. as these foods help to relieve you from congestion.
- Avoid scratching your unclogged ear with your finger nail. It can harm your ear drum.
- Yawning can help you to unclog your ears instantly.
- Don’t use Waterpik in the ear.