After writing, how to brush your teeth?, how to get rid of bad breath?, how to stop teeth grinding?, and home remedies for toothache, we are now writing, how to whiten teeth with baking soda. Having a yellow or discolored teeth makes you feel uncomfortable. Some people drinks, coffee, tea and smoking many times due to which they have stained teeth. Smiling with healthy and white teeth makes you confident. Instead of using other expensive products or treatments, baking soda is the cheapest product to whiten your teeth. It helps to clean your mouth also it removes bacteria and keep your teeth healthy. But the question arises in your mind that how to whiten teeth with baking soda? This article has so many other ways also to whiten teeth.
Causes of Yellow Teeth:
- Use of tobacco
- Food and drinks
- Genetics, Ageing and tooth filling
- Poor dental hygiene and Improper brushing
Methods to Whiten Teeth With Baking Soda:
Baking soda is also known as bicarbonate soda. It is very beneficial to remove the stain from your teeth. Here are some methods to use baking soda for whitening of teeth.
1.) Use Baking Soda With Water
Baking soda is one of the most amazing remedies to treat yellow teeth. It removes the plaque from the teeth and gives you pearl white at home. Baking soda can be used in different ways. You can choose the one that suits you well. The simplest way to use the baking soda is use it water to make a mouthwash. To prepare a mouthwash with baking soda. Take a glass of cold water and add a teaspoon of baking soda to it. Also add a one and a half teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide to it. Your mouth rinse is ready.
2.) Use Baking Soda With Lemon Juice
Lemon is an excellent home remedy as it has bleaching abilities to whiten your teeth. When lemon is used with baking soda it will give very effective results. Take a lemon and extract juice from it. Then mix this juice with baking soda and apply it to the teeth. After 2 to 3 minutes, rinse it with cold water. Use it once a week, not more than that. Excessive use of this solution will harm your gums.
3.) Mix Baking Soda With Toothpaste
To get healthy and white teeth, mix a little baking soda in your regular toothpaste. Brush your teeth with this mixture. After 2 minutes, rinse your mouth. You can also put the regular amount of toothpaste on your toothbrush, and sprinkle some baking soda on it. Then brush your teeth normally.
4.) Use Baking Soda With Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is effectively used to whiten your teeth and soothe your gums. It is easily available at the drugstore. Hydrogen peroxide is also used for several other problems like it helps to whiten your nails, treating injuries and skin related problems.
- Take a half tsp of hydrogen peroxide and one tsp of baking soda. Mix both of them to make a paste. Use this mixture to brush your teeth. After one to 2 minutes, wash off your mouth.
- You can make an effective mouthwash by adding dilute hydrogen peroxide with an equal amount of water.
5.) Brush You Teeth With Baking Soda
Baking soda is well known for white, crystalline appearance as it is a weak alkaline compound. It also fights against bad breath and clean your mouth as well.
- Wet your toothbrush and dip it directly into some baking soda. Then brush your teeth normally for 1 to 2 minutes. You can also add a little water in baking soda to make a paste. Then, brush your teeth with this paste regularly.
- Baking soda is very strong in taste and has a mild abrasive property. It can harm your teeth if you are doing brush more than 2 minutes. Then, wash your mouth with water.
6.) Baking Soda, Peppermint Extract and Glycerin
Adding glycerin, baking soda and peppermint extract creates fresh tasting toothpaste. Peppermint and glycerin are one of the best home remedies for whitening your teeth fast. Take a few drops of peppermint oil, add 3 tsp of vegetable glycerin, half tsp of salt and 5 tsp of baking soda in it. Stir it completely. Use brush to dip in this mixture. Then brush your teeth for 2 minutes and rinse off your mouth.
7.) Use Salt With Baking Soda
Salt has an abrasive effect, which helps to keeps your teeth white and enhances the plaque removal. Take 3 tsp of baking soda and add 1 tsp of table salt in it. With the help of toothbrush use this mixture to brush your teeth. You can also use a little amount of this mixture on a soft cloth to remove stains.
8.) Use Baking Soda and Strawberry
Strawberries contain antioxidant properties and work effectively to whiten your teeth. Strawberries are well known for whitening teeth, but using it with baking soda is a great option. Mash one whole ripe strawberry and then add enough baking soda in it to make a paste. Now dip your toothbrush in this paste and brush your teeth. It will give whitening effects and also remove a lot of plaque in the process. After brushing rinse your mouth.
9.) Use Baking Soda With Vinegar
Vinegar is one of the best and effective home remedies to treat your yellow teeth. Vinegar works as a cleanser and removes the stain from your teeth. Dissolve some amount of baking soda in water and add a few drops of white vinegar and a pinch of salt in it. Brush your teeth with this solution for 2 minutes. You can also brush your teeth with regular toothpaste to remove the vinegar taste.
Some Other Useful Tips:
- Do not make the paste too watery, make it solid that could be better.
- Repeat the baking soda method in every 2 weeks.
- Don’t brush your gums as it may result in bleeding and a burning sensation.
- Use a straw while consuming drinks, as it will decrease the exposure of the teeth to some beverages such as soft drinks , coffee etc.
- Gently, brush your teeth and don’t apply force to remove plaque. Avoid black tea, red wines, smoking etc.