This article is about home remedies for joint pain and arthritis. The discomfort, soreness, and pain in the joints of the body is characterized as arthritis. It is a common problem which is prominent among old people. Pain in joints of the body is evident during this condition. It is not a severe problem. But if not treated on time, it at can worsen. You may treat the problem easily at home by following some of the best natural remedies. Read the article to learn the best home remedies for joint pain and arthritis.
Symptoms of Joint Pain:
- Redness and swelling in the joints.
- Tender and stiff joints followed by weakness in joints
- Increased warmth of the joints.
- Lose of a range of motion of the joints.
- Difficulty in standing and random pain in joints.
Causes of Joint Pain:
Home Remedies for Joint Pain & Arthritis:
1.) Cold and Hot Compresses to Treat Joint Pain
This is one of the most effective remedies for joint pain. Cold and hot compress, both are ideal home remedies for joint pain. Hot therapy decreases the pain, increases the blood flow and soothes the stiffness and tenderness in the joints. On the other hand, cold therapy treats inflammation, weakness around the joints. It is one of the most effective remedies for
How to Make a Hot Compress?
- To make a hot compress soak the towel in the warm water and wring the excess water, hold the hot towel over the affected joints for 5-8 minutes.
- Begin it with the hot compress, followed by a cold compress.
- Repeat this for 2o minutes regularly to cure joint pain.
How to Make a Cold Compress at Home?
- Wrap ice cubes in the towel and use it as a cold compress.
- Or, you can also use a cold veggie bag as a cold compress.
2.) Massage to Treat Joint Pain
Warm oil massage on the joints can also relieve you from joint pains. It improves the blood circulation, cures the inflammation, stiffness and motion in the affected joint. What you have to do is:
How to Give a Massage?
- Heat some coconut, olive, castor, garlic or olive oil.
- Leave it, to cool it at room temperature.
- Use the oil to massage over the sore joints.
3.) ACV to Get Rid of Joint Pain
Apple cider vinegar treats the joint pain. It is among the most successful home remedies for joint pain. It eliminates toxins accumulated in the joints and tissue, which results in pain. Moreover, the remedy is a boon for people suffering from arthritis. It contains potassium, phosphorus, calcium and magnesium, which treats the soreness of the joints.
How to Apply ACV to Get Rid of Joint Pain?
- In a cup of warm water mix 2 teaspoons of ACV and half tablespoon of honey.
- Drink this tonic 2-3 times a day before the meals.
- Drink this regularly.
- Also, mix olive oil with a tablespoon of ACV and massage it over the tender joints.
4.) Fenugreek to Heal Joint Pain
Fenugreek is one of the best home remedies for joint pain. The antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties of the fenugreek treat the pain in the joints. People suffering from arthritis should use it regularly.
How to Use Fenugreek to Cure Joint Pain?
- Gulp a powder of fenugreek seeds with lukewarm water.
- Or, soak a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in the water for a night and eat them the next day.
5.) Cayenne to Reduce Pain in Joint
A component known as capsaicin is present in the cayenne pepper which has pain relieving properties. This remedy is also helpful for treating osteoporosis.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of cayenne powder in warm coconut oil.
- Apply this mixture on the affected joints and rinse it after 20 minutes.
- Do not apply this powder on the open wounds.
6.) Turmeric to Get Rid of Joint Pain
From ancient times, turmeric has been known for its medicinal properties. It has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which come handy for treating the symptoms of the joint pain.
How to Use Turmeric to Heal Joint Pain and Arthritis?
- In a glass of warm water mix a pinch of turmeric and honey.
- Drink it 2-3 times a day until the pain in joints is completely gone.
7.) Garlic to Cure Joint Pain
Garlic is packed with the sulfur and selenium. Both the components are beneficial for treating the joint pain. Sulfur cures the pain and inflammation. Whereas selenium has an anti-rheumatic effect which helps you to get rid of tenderness and itchiness around the joints.
How to Use Garlic to Treat Joint Pain?
- Regularly chew a 1-2 clove of garlic.
- Add garlic paste to your foods.
- Use garlic oil for massage.
- Do this regularly to help the joint pain.
- Alternatively, Heat mustard or sesame oil and add garlic cloves to it.
- Heat it until the clove of the garlic turns red. Remove it from the flame.
- Let it cool at room temperature and massage it on the soar joints.
8.) Epsom Salt to Aid Join Pain
Epsom salt is also one of the most effective home remedies for joint pain and arthritis. It contains magnesium, which is highly effective at treating the joint pain. It reduces the inflammation and detoxifies the cells.
How to Use Epsom Salt?
- In your bathing water, mix 2 cups of Epsom salt (the water should be warm).
- Soak your body or affected joints in the water for 20 minutes. By the time, the magnesium will be absorbed.
- Follow this remedy 3-4 times a week until you get encouraging results.
9.) Sting Nettle as a Remedy for Joint Pain
The herb contains some active compound which helps to treat the inflammation and sore joints. Also, it contains a mineral known as boron, which makes the bones and muscles strong.
How to Use Sting Nettle?
- In a cup of boiling water, add 2-3 teaspoons of sting nettle leaves.
- After 10-15 minutes, strain the tea and drink it.
- To add the sweetness you can add a little honey to it.
- Alternatively, you can place the leaves over the sore joints for 10-15 minutes.
- Continue these remedies until you get relief from joint pain.
10.) Ginger for Joint Pain
The anti-inflammatory properties of the ginger make it one of an ideal home remedy for joint pain. The remedy is also beneficial for treating arthritis.
- Drink ginger tea. In a boiling water, add small ginger root. Boil it for some more time. Later, strain it and drink it. You can also add honey to it.
- Add fresh ginger paste while preparing the meals.
- Alternatively, mix equal amount of fenugreek, turmeric and ginger powder.
- Swallow a tablespoon of this mixture regularly, until you get relief from the joint pain.
11.) Dandelion Leaves to Cure Joint Pain
Dandelion leaves are also one of the best remedies for joint pain. It cleans the toxins and repairs the cells which were damaged. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that helps to treat the soreness in the joints. It is an ideal remedy for rheumatoid arthritis.
How to Use Dandelion Leaves?
- Consuming dandelion tea regularly is the best way to treat joint pain. Boil a glass of water. Add a handful of dandelion leaves to it. Let it steep for a while and then drink it. You can also add a little honey to it.
- Alternatively, add the dandelion powder in said and, broths, juices and food.
- You can also soak a washcloth in the war dandelion tea and use it as a hot compress to cure joint pain and arthritis.
12.) Molasses to Get Rid of Joint Pain
Molasses is packed with potassium, magnesium and calcium.It is one of the remedies for joint pain and arthritis. It treats the soreness and inflammation.
How to Use Molasses to Cure Joint Pain?
- Boil a cup of water, add blackstrap molasses to it.
- Stir the solution. Strain it and then drink it.
- Drink this tonic regularly to get rid of arthritis.