After writing how to get pale skin?, how to get lighter skin?, and how to get fair skin fast permanently?, we are now writing home remedies for oily skin treatment. Oily Skin is sometimes painful to deal. The excess oil to the outer skin layer often causes whiteheads, blackheads, blind pimples and other skin problems. Oily skin has an advantage, it makes skin wrinkles free. Those having oily skin, usually have shiny skin and large pores. The reason for oily skin is due to genetics, dietary choices, stress, hormonal change. Women are more prone to oily skin as they have menstrual cycles, pregnancy and while giving birth. Oily Skin is not at all difficult to manage if you follow these home remedies. There is no need to go to a skin specialist initially and use expensive chemical lotions and skin products. Here we will provide you some remedies for oily skin.
Home Remedies for Oily Skin Treatment:
1.) Tomatoes to Cure for Oily Skin
Tomatoes has the healing power to treat oily skin. They have cooling, clarifying and astringent properties. The acne prone skin can also get healed from tomatoes as they are rich in vitamin C also. The excess oil on the skin is also absorbed by the acids of tomatoes.
- Take a tomato, cut it into slices.
- Rub the slices on your skin for 15 minutes. The juice will be soaked by the skin.
- Use cold water to rinse your skin. Apply it 2 times in the day.
2.) Apples as a Home Remedy for Oily Skin
Apple is rich in properties like antiseptic, astringent and soothing which make it a good home remedy. The acid present in tomato is malic acid, which helps to absorb excess oil of the skin and removes dead skin cells.
- Crush an apple into fine paste and place it on your skin. Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Mix one teaspoon of yogurt, lemon juice and apple paste into a fine paste. Apply it on your face for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water.
3.) Cucumbers for Oily skin
To deal with oily skin, cucumber is a good home remedy for that. It is rich in vitamins A and E, magnesium, and potassium. It heals oily skin fast as it has soothing and cooling properties.
- Mix a teaspoon of cucumber juice and lemon juice. Apply this mixture to your oily skin, let it there for an hour. Wash it with lukewarm water.
- Grate a cucumber into thick slices and rub it on your skin. Leave it for a good time and wash it with lukewarm water. Do this daily for best result.
4.) Egg Whites to Treat Oily Skin
It cures oily as well as dry skin. It soaks the excess oil from oily skin and moisturizes the dry skin. It is high in vitamin A and protein. There are numerous remedies for oily skin but it is one of the best to implement.
- Mix egg white with one teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply the mixture on your skin , leave it for 20 minutes and then rinse it off with mild hot water. This will help to get rid of oily skin.
- Beat one egg white and apply it on your skin. Let it there until it gets dry and rinse it with warm water.
5.) Clay Masks to Get Rid of Oily Skin
Clay is a gift of nature that helps in removing the dead cells and dirt on the skin. This dirt causes blockage of pores resulting in oily skin. Clay absorbs the extra oil of oil glands. It also helps to stop the over-drying of your skin.
- Take a bowl, add two teaspoons each of clay, rose water. Apply the paste on your face where acne is present. Wash it after it dries up. Repeat the process at regular intervals.
6.) Facial Steam to Cure Oily Skin
Facial steam helps to open the blockages and eliminates dirt present in the skin surface. Remove any kind of face cream or face mask you have applied before steam otherwise it will cause more irritation and pain in the skin. Five minutes of steam is sufficient for the opening of blockages. The oil on the skin will also get evaporated from steam.
- Take a bowl of hot water or an electronic steamer. Sit near the bowl and cover your head and face with a towel in a way that the steam doesn’t get out.
- Take 5 minutes to steam. Dry your face with soft cloth afterwards. Repeat for 2 times in a day.
7.) Aloe Vera for Oily Skin
Aloe Vera treats oily skin in a fast manner. It has anti-bacterial and antimicrobial properties which cure oily skin. It also absorbs the excess oil of the skin because of sticky gel present in it.
- Boil an Aloe Vera leaf in water for 5 minutes. Make a smooth paste of the leaf with some honey. Apply it on your oily skin and leave it for 15 minutes. Rinse with cold water.
- Take an Aloe Vera leaf and extract the thick gel from it. Apply it on your skin and let it rest for 30 minutes on your skin. Wash with cold water.
8.) Juniper Oil as a Home Remedy for Oily Skin
Juniper oil, extracted from the Juniper tree has effective properties that help in making your skin smooth and fresh by working on skin follicles. Juniper oil is very strong and thus diluted with carrier oil and used in small quantities. It helps in fighting with bacteria causing skin problems. The oil glands, releasing excess oil are also treated with juniper oil. It is one of the best remedies for oily skin.
- Mix the drops of juniper oil with the carrier oil. Clean your face with cotton.
- Pour a few drops of mix oil on your palm and gently massage on acne affected area of your face. Massage regularly for best result.
9.) Honey for Oily Skin
Honey is in use for past centuries because of its numerous benefits. It is antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory in nature. It clear pores of the skin and stop wrinkles to appear on the skin. It has moisturizing agent in it, which nourish the skin and absorb excess oil of the skin.
- Take some amount of honey and apply a layer on the oily skin. Rest it for 15 to 20 minutes. Wash with lukewarm water. Do this regularly.
- Gently massage the mixture of honey and one teaspoon of lemon juice on your oily skin. This will help to remove dead skin cells and absorb excess oil.
10.) Yogurt for Oily Skin
- Milk products like yogurt contains lactic acid that helps to remove excess oil from the skin.
- Apply one teaspoon of yogurt on your oily skin.
- Gently massage for 5 to 10 minutes. Wash it off with cold water.
11.) Lemon Juice for Oily Skin
Lemon juice is a great source of vitamin C that works like an astringent for the skin. It also has antiseptic properties that help to lighten skin discolourations and manage the skin’s pH balance. It is one of the simplest remedies for oily skin to implement.
- Add one spoon of fresh lemon juice in a cup of distilled water. Mix it well to form a solution and apply it on your skin using a cotton swab. Wait for 10 minutes and then clean your face with lukewarm water. Apply some oil-free moisturizer afterwards as lemon juice can dry out your skin. Do this regularly for a few days.
- Add one spoon of lemon juice, half spoon of honey and one spoon of raw milk. Make a fine paste and apply this paste on your face. Wait for 10 to 15 minutes before cleaning it off with cold water. This remedy will give you positive results if applied daily within a week.
12.) Banana and Honey for Oily Skin
Banana and honey, take away excess oil and relieve skin, leaving it healthy and more hydrated. Banana is also a good source of potassium. It is one of the easiest remedies for oily skin.
- Mix one peeled banana and a spoon honey to make a fine paste.
- Add a few lemons or orange juice drops.
- Apply to oily face and let dry 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with cool or steaming hot cloth and dry.
- Use oil free body moisturizer.
- You can also apply plain honey as a mask.
The above remedies for oily skin are quite effective if used properly. If the results are not visible then consult the skin specialist.