After writing, how to remove blackheads?, how to get rid of whiteheads?, how to get rid of back acne?, and how to get rid of cystic acne?, we are now writing the home remedies to get rid of acne fast and naturally. Acne is a common human skin disorder, which takes place mostly during teenage years and during puberty, usually caused by a boost in androgen, regardless of sex. For most people, acne reduces over time and likely to vanish by the age of 30. However, no way to forecast that how long it will take to disappear entirely. Some people will carry this condition well into their thirties, forties and ahead also. Have you tried all that is available at the supermarket and yet no result? Why don’t you try some of these home remedies to get rid of acne with all natural elements only? Natural remedies for the acne is little time taking, but on the other hand it is exceptionally safe. Using natural remedies for acne suits everybody as it is healthy to use. It is extremely reasonable for pocket as it is simple and easily available. It is very apparent that you will get advantage from home remedies for acne, if you use them legitimately and consistently.
What Causes Acne?
As we already said that hormonal changes in the body is one major reason behind the acne. The other reason for acne is, the extra oil creation by our sebum gland and it causes the blockage of skin. Dead skin and contamination is additionally the reason that structures a blockage of skin. Acne for the most part show up on the face, neck, chest and back. If acne not treated appropriately, then chances are their that it will leaves scars. So, here we are discussing the main and successful home remedies to get rid of acne fast and naturally.
Types of Acne:
- Blackheads: The first stage in the whole evil called acne is blackheads. As scary as it sounds, these are dark spots jamming up a pore. It normally occurs due to the accumulation of bacteria in the follicles due to blockage. It remains different from whiteheads because of the presence of an inlet, which allows air to enter. The same inlet to air is what leads to its change in color and turns it black.
- Whiteheads: It follows the process similar to a blackhead. The whiteheads differ in the sense that unlike the former, it has no inlet to air. It is limited to the inside of the skin, where it eventually grows.
- Papules: It appears on the skin in the form of a small lump, mainly due to the breaking of the hair wall. The lump appears due to rushing of the white blood cells to heal that area.
- Pustules: These appear directly from your nightmares, with that ugly yellow squeaky liquid filling up the area. The other name for them is pimples. They are similar to papules, but differ in size, considering they are much larger.
- Nodes & Cysts: These are the final stages, and for the most part difficult to treat. They are clearly visible on your skin and have a repulsive appearance. While the nodes may be harder, the Cysts being filled with Pus are softer and jelly like.
Best Home Remedies to Get Rid of Acne Fast & Naturally:
- Best Home Remedies to Get Rid of Acne Fast & Naturally:
- 1.) Apply Egg Whites Mask
- 2.) Exfoliate With Oatmeal
- 3.) Baking Soda Will Help
- 4.) Take The Help From Honey
- 5.) Use The Yogurt
- 6.) Apply The Papaya Pack
- 7.) Use The Lemon Juice
- 8.) Turmeric to Cure Acne
- 9.) Apply The Aloe Vera Gel
- 10.) Use The Tea Tree Oil
- 11.) Pair Sandalwood And Mint
- 12.) Avocado & Honey Mask
- 13.) Use The Orange Peel
- 14.) Make Use Of Tomatoes
- 15.) Use The Fuller’s Earth
- 16.) Bentonite Clay Facial
- 17.) Make The Banana Paste
- 18.) Exfoliate The Skin
- 19.) Use The Natural Oils
- 20.) Intake Vitamin A and C
- 21.) Use The Black Pepper
- 22.) Use Cold Compression
- 23.) Drink Green Tea
- 24.) Practice The Yoga
- 25.) Eat The Health Diet
- 26.) Drink More Water
- 27.) Maintain Good Hygiene
- 28.) Using OTC Products
- 29.) Skin Treatment Clinic
- 30.) Visit a Dermatologist
1.) Apply Egg Whites Mask
The protein rich eggs are one of the effective ways to get rid of acne effectively. For this purpose, we will not use the whole of egg but you need to use just the white. The best part about eggs is that it soak away all the excess of oils, that are clogging the pores of the skin. Use this mask 3-4 times a week to get the results. Just follow the steps below to prepare the mask at home without any hassles:
- Just crack open two eggs and collect them in a small vessel. Separate the yellow from the egg white. There are several easy references to do it correctly on the internet.
- Whisk the egg whites nicely till it mixes up completely. Wash up your acne affected area and dry it up. Apply the egg white on the face or acne affected area directly. Let the pack dry and keep it there for 20-30 minutes at least. Wash it off and be relieved of acne.
2.) Exfoliate With Oatmeal
The oatmeal can assist you in fulfilling your wellness goals as it acts like an excellent acne buster. This is because of the fact that the rough surface of oatmeal can be used as an excellent exfoliator for the skin. You need to prepare an oatmeal face pack, just follow these simple steps:
- Take oatmeal in a bowl and mix it with honey and half lemon juice. Mix it nicely to form a paste like a solution.
- Apply the face pack on the face and keep it there for 25-30 minutes. Wash it off later and get relieved from acne once and for all. Repeat this regularly 2-3 times a week.
3.) Baking Soda Will Help
Baking soda is effective in regulating the pH levels of the skin and bring the skin back to the neutral state.The item has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties and is known for removing excess oil, dust and other unwanted particles from the skin. It is easy to prepare and is effective at what it does. Use it as an exfoliating agent after mixing it up with water and creating a paste, but be careful about your skin sensitivity to the product. Just follow these steps to prepare the pack at home:
- Mix equal amounts of water and baking soda to prepare a paste. Massage the paste slowly all over the face in a rotational motion for 3-5 minutes.
- Keep it there for additional of 7-10 minutes. Wash it off after some time to get relieved of the problem. Make sure to check for irritability or allergy to baking soda in advance. Read article uses of baking soda for acne.
4.) Take The Help From Honey
Honey forms a great part of the many face packs that are used for skin treatment. It is known for its antibacterial and remedial properties. To treat acne, the properties of honey can be enhanced by adding cinnamon to it. Cinnamon itself is effective in treating several problems because of its healthy characteristics. To use it, just follow the steps below:
- Mix equal amount of honey and cinnamon powder to create a paste. Apply the paste on the face and leave it there for at least 30-40 minutes.
- Wash it off after 30-40 minutes and pat your skin dry. There will be instant relief from all signs of acne. Use this 3-4 times a week to get rid of acne. Read article honey for acne.
5.) Use The Yogurt
Yogurt has probiotic properties, which makes it not only effective to treat your digestion but also helps to get rid of acne fast and naturally. While this may surprise you but this is the truth for there are many people, who actually swear by this treatment. For this purpose, the secondary product that we will use is honey. To begin preparing the face pack, follow the steps below:
- Mix equal amounts of yogurt and honey. Mix them nicely together to form a nice paste. Apply the paste on the skin using a cotton ball.
- Rub it all over the skin and keep it there for 20-30 minutes. Wash it off after some time to get an acne free skin.
6.) Apply The Papaya Pack
The papaya has been considered to be one of the best used to treat skin problems. This fruit has become the flagship of all major cosmetics and skin treatment companies because of its qualities in its raw. It is easy to use it for acne as it does not require any complicated mixtures to be blended. Only peeling the papaya fruit is enough to prepare pack. To prepare this wonderful acne pack, follow the steps below:
- Cut a fresh papaya fruit and take out its flesh. Make sure to remove all the seeds from its fleshy side. Rub the flesh all over the face and especially on the acne area.
- You can also grind the papaya to make a paste and use it as face pack. Keep it there for 20-25 minutes and wash it off later. There will be an instant comfort. Use it 3-4 times a week.
7.) Use The Lemon Juice
The power of lemon combined with honey can act as an effective way to get rid of acne fast. The cleansing properties of lemon added with the antiseptic and sticky properties of honey can make a perfect homemade acne face pack. Just follow the steps below to make the best out of the treatment:
- Collect the juice of a freshly cut lemon. Remember to remove the seeds of the same. Now add approx. equal amount of honey in lemon juice and and mix it well to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected areas and keep it there for a minimum of 20-25 minutes. Wash it off with warm water and make sure to pat your skin dry. Continue the treatment till the problem does not disappear completely.
8.) Turmeric to Cure Acne
Turmeric is well-known for its medicinal properties that keep the skin healthy and acne free. It is one of the best natural remedy to get rid of acne. Some of the other benefits of turmeric are it kills the micro-organisms present on your acne and also help you to treat them quickly. To use turmeric for acne, just make a paste with water and apply it on the affected area. Wash it after 12-15 minutes. You can also intake turmeric by adding one teaspoon of turmeric in a glass of warm milk with sugar according to your need.
9.) Apply The Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe-vera is full of supplements and antibacterial properties and helps to stops the microscopic organisms infestation easily. It is one of the best natural remedies to get rid of acne. Aloe vera also make your skin glowing and healthy by curing the bacterial problem. It additionally diminishes the scars, if any left behind. There are a number of beauty and skin care products that have key ingredient included as aloe vera. Take some aloe vera gel, you can cut the aloe vera leaf and take out the gel from it or also can buy the packed one from market. Apply the aloe vera gel on affected area and leave it for 10-15 minutes and wash it with lukewarm water. Foe better results you can mix 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel with a ½ tablespoon of turmeric powder before applying. Read article aloe vera for acne treatment at home.
10.) Use The Tea Tree Oil
The plant is known for its medicinal effects and is one of the primary products used to treat acne in tropical areas. The product can be easily applied on face using cotton balls to enhance skin radiance, that lasts longer. It is also commonly available in many products existing in the market today. Keep in mind that always dilute the tea tree oil before apply it. You can either mix it with equal amount of base oil like almond oil or olive oil or water. We have an detailed post on tea tree for acne uses and benefits.
11.) Pair Sandalwood And Mint
Sandalwood and mint can truly treat this problem in light of the fact that both sets your skin cool and quiet. This will decrease the oil generation in sebum. Sandalwood is one of the most expensive wood mainly found in India. There are number of medicinal uses of sandalwood and it’s tree. One of the best benefits of sandalwood is it keep the skin healthy and glowing and also helps you to fight against scars and acne. To use sandalwood powder to get rid of acne, take 2 spoons of sandalwood powder. Mix it with mint juice, to make a smooth paste. Apply, it all over your acne and keep it for 12-15 minutes and flush it off with normal water. Repeat 2-3 times a week to get the desired results.
12.) Avocado & Honey Mask
This is one of the popular facial masks to get rid of acne. There are so many acne and diet and it’s really hard to identify, what is right and what is wrong. Among these rumors we heard that the avocado will make your acne go away, because it’s higher in fat. It is packed with good nutrients and vitamins. It seems it can really help remove the acne. If you have sensitive skin, then also it works due to its mild properties. There are different mixtures you can try, as with most home remedies, but this one is better with avocado and honey. To try this method, you need to mix 1 small grated avocado and 1 tsp of honey together well. Mix the mixture until it turns into a paste. Apply it directly to your skin and keep it on for 20-30 minutes. Now, wash it off using with warm water and pat dry the area. Apply moisturizer if it feels dehydrated or dry skin. This is one of the best remedies to get rid of acne fast and naturally at home.
13.) Use The Orange Peel
Orange peel is a natural treatment to deal with greasy and oily skin. Take the orange peel and dry out orange peel under the sun. Grind the dried orange peel and turns it to powder form. Mix the orange peel powder with water or yogurt to make a thick paste. This home-made natural orange peel paste will heal the open and rinses out clogged pores. At the same time, it also works as an astringent. It also helps to remove the extra oil from the skin.
14.) Make Use Of Tomatoes
Tomatoes are very helpful to deal with oily skin, as they help in dissolving extra oil and at the same time works efficiently to diminish the large looking pores. It is a natural astringent that makes it an excellent choice for greasy and over the shiny skin. The simplest way to use tomato is to just mash a tomato and apply on the affected area. Leave it for about 12-15 minutes. Use this 2-3 times a week to make your skin beautiful, even-toned and flawless by withdrawing the imperfection and appearance of acne scars. You can also extract the tomato juice and apply it with the help for cotton ball on affected areas.
15.) Use The Fuller’s Earth
Fuller’s earth for acne is a divinity send to those having oily skin. It is easily available in nearby grocery stores. To use this remedy, take some amount of fullers earth, lemon juice, and rose-water. Make a paste by mixing fuller earth, rose water and couple of drops of lemon juice for a revitalizing facial for acne. It helps to draw excess oil from the affected area and dry out the acne. Where, rosewater moisturize and freshens your skin while lemon juice helps to diminish acne scars.
16.) Bentonite Clay Facial
Bentonite is also popularly known as green clay. When it comes to clay masks, there is no alternative than the green clay. Take 1 tablespoon of green clay, apricot kernel oil and 3 drops of palmarosa essential oil for additional benefits. You can get these elements from a natural food or health store. Mix these components together. Add a few drops of warm water to maintain a consistency, spreadable paste. Apply this facial mask and let it dry for say 10 minutes or so. Wash it off with a lukewarm water. Use this 2-3 times a week and clear up your acne.
17.) Make The Banana Paste
Banana works excellent for oily skin. Take 1 fully ripe banana, honey and an orange or a lemon. Mash up the banana and add some honey to it. On the other hand, you can mix them together. Mix in a few drops of lemon juice from a lemon or an orange. Apply the mask on your face and keep it for about 15 minutes before washing it out with a lukewarm water and dry up. Repeat this method 2-3 times a week. Use your regular moisturizer after washing up, if required.
18.) Exfoliate The Skin
It is the process of removal of dead skin cells. An exfoliating agent is an item or system that diminishes the measure of dead cell development on the skin. Whether your skin inflammation is gentle or more extreme, standard exfoliation will smooth and relax the skin, light up the appearance, and reduce breakout redness. Take your time and research for the best available exfoliation system available in the market currently. Choose any of the two exfoliating products based on their type and especially your skin type. For example you can use oatmeal with honey or sugar with lemon juice as natural exfoliating agent. On the other hand chemical exfoliations may include anything like Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Acids, Tazorac, Differin etc.
19.) Use The Natural Oils
There are times, when using artificial products or harmful chemicals result in acne. Therefore a more natural approach is required. Using different natural oils like olive oil, lavender oil, coconut oil, vitamin E oil are known to get rid of acne and its after effects, the scars that are left.
20.) Intake Vitamin A and C
Having a precautionary look at your present diet can eventually prove to be beneficial. A diet high in vitamin A and C will not only help to get rid of acne but help with scars also. It will help speed up the whole recovery process to get rid of acne. Consume yellow and green vegetables for vitamin A and mostly citrus based fruits in vitamin C but make sure to keep everything in the required limits. As excess of anything can have harmful effects on your body. Read article foods high in vitamin A and foods high in vitamin C.
21.) Use The Black Pepper
Black pepper is the top most natural remedies to get rid of acne because of its antibacterial properties. You can apply it to treat acne and its scars. Applying black pepper paste will do cure acne without leaving any scars. Take 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper powder. Mix few drops of rose-water with pepper and make a paste. Apply, it on the acne or affected area. Repeat this for 3-4 times in a week to clear acne.
22.) Use Cold Compression
Wrap an ice-cube in a clean cotton cloth and delicately keep it on your acne and sit back to relax. This cold compression removes the oil from the skin and also reduces its production. It also help a lot to get rid of skin irritation caused in the affected area. This will effectively lessen the swelling of acne and its redness. It also reduces the inflammation. It is an effective way to get rid of acne and its side effects.
23.) Drink Green Tea
Green tea boosts you from inside. Green tea cleans the body as it is good source of antioxidant and antibacterial. It is the best way to develop the cell that were destroyed during the formation of acne and lessens the over formation of oil in sebum gland. Attempt to take green tea 3 times a day. This will help a lot to get rid of acne. Pour some boiling water in a cup and soak a green tea bag in it for 5 minutes. You can include sugar in it for drinking.
24.) Practice The Yoga
It will help you in healing the acne from inside with no symptoms. Yoga is considered to be the best natural way to treat acne. Doing yoga will make you sweat and this will help you in bringing out toxins from your body as sweat. It will likewise help you with balancing your hormones. Yoga is the best suggested exercise for any health problem. Yoga postures will keep reducing acne from inside. You can even try any physical activity that suit you, but make sure it allow you to sweat and clean the skin.
25.) Eat The Health Diet
Each problem associated with our body starts with the sort of nourishment we take in. Consuming oily foods increases the chance of oil production in our skin. If you stop the intake of oily food the body will fail to produce excessive oil in the skin and therefore stop the contamination process. Avoid foods that raises the oil formation in our sebum gland, which bring out blockage of the skin and eventually acne. This is one of the best natural remedies to get rid of acne.
- Try not to eat zesty foods, as it affect our hormones and immune system. Attempt to eat organic food and maintain a strategic distance from oily foods. This will keep your body cool and quiet inside.
- Try not to eat dairy items like curd, cream, milk, and so forth once more, it produces oil in our body. Try to take skimmed milk.
26.) Drink More Water
Water is the best compound, which normally flush away all the contamination of the body. It can recuperate best inside. It has a characteristic for a human body that it clean the body and regulates all it’s system. For the reason it is the best natural remedies for acne, try to drink 2 to 3 liters of water in a day, you can incorporate some liquid like juices and tea twice in a day. Water has a vital role that it draws in microscopic organisms from its surrounding. So, when your body gets enough water inside it will retain micro-organisms and wash it away as a waste. This will truly assist you with getting free of acne as you will have the capacity to clear the bacterial attack.
27.) Maintain Good Hygiene
This is one of the golden rules of treatment. Whether it is about precaution or proper treatment, preserving hygiene comes to the forefront. It can be as simple from washing your hands to cleansing your face or surroundings. Cleaning promotes a healthy behavior and a unique treatment perspective.
28.) Using OTC Products
OTC or Over the counter medicines do not require a doctor’s prescription and are easily available in any pharmacy near you. Some of the common OTC used to get rid of acne are, Resorcinol, Benzoyl Peroxide, Azelic Acid, Sulfur etc. Note: Consult your dermatologist or a skin specialist before taking any of these, as they can have related side effects.
29.) Skin Treatment Clinic
It is always a good idea to consult a reputed skin clinic for your problems. They are the specialists in their sector and give the best advice for the same. They specialized in all kinds of skin treatment and charges are mostly negligible depending from clinic to clinic.
30.) Visit a Dermatologist
A doctor is your best bet if the problem is far from over and has reached a severe state. A dermatologist may not only provide medicinal solutions for the same, but may even help diagnose an underlying problem. After all a professional, who understands the subject may provide the finest treatment at low risk.