In this article will discuss about Gout. We will also suggest you some of the top home remedies for Gout. Gout is a sort of arthritis which can affect different body parts such as small joints on the hands, wrists, ankles, ears or knees. Gout is mainly caused due to the high level of uric acid in the body. Now, as you are aware about gout, you must know about the gout attack as well. A gout attack occurs when a person who already has higher levels of uric acid than the normal has a build-up of uric acid around a joint. Uric crystals formed due to it, cause a painful gout flare. It generally starts with a burning, itching, or tingling feeling in and around a joint an hour or two before a gout flare-up starts. Many things such as alcohol, some foods, stress, and certain medications, can make your uric acid level to rise, making you prone to a gout attack. Below are some more causes and symptoms of gout.
Causes of Gout
The exact cause of gout is not known. But some of the causes of gout are:
- Presence of high amount of uric acid in the body.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol, beer and other similar drinks.
- Lack of physical exercise.
- Excessive protein intake
- Taking too much tension which increases stress.
- Poor lifestyle
Symptoms of Gout
- Acute pain
- Intense tenderness
- Inflammation in the joints.
Gout can sometimes be a sign of other types of health problems, such as diabetes, hypertension and uric acid kidney stones. So it is recommended to seek proper medical treatment. In addition to medical treatment, below are some home remedies for gout which can boost healing and provide symptom relief.
Home Remedies for Gout Treatment Naturally
- Home Remedies for Gout Treatment Naturally
- 1.) Lemon Juice to Get Rid of Gout Naturally
- 2.) Activated Charcoal as a Remedy for Gout Treatment
- 3.) Bananas as a Natural Remedy for Gout
- 4.) Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) as a Remedy for Gout
- 5.) Baking Soda as a Remedy for Gout Pain Treatment
- 6.) Ginger Root as a Remedy for Gout
- 7.) Epsom Salt as a Remedy for Gout
- 8.) Apple as a Remedy for Gout
- 9.) Cold Water to Treat Gout at Home
- 10.) Cherries for Gout Treatment at Home
1.) Lemon Juice to Get Rid of Gout Naturally
To get rid of gout pain, it is important to alkalize the body and neutralize the excess uric acid in the blood stream. This can be done easily with the help of fresh lemon juice and baking soda. Along with lemon juice, eating other Vitamin C rich fruit can help strengthen the body tissues. Lemon is among the best remedies for gout treatment.
Directions to Use Lemon Juice for Gout Prevention:
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon and mix with ½ tsp of baking soda.
- Allow it to sit for a few seconds until it stops fizzing
- Then, mix it in a glass of water.
- Drink it immediately.
- Alternatively, add ½ lemon juice in a glass of water and drink it 3 times a day.
2.) Activated Charcoal as a Remedy for Gout Treatment
Activated charcoal is another effective home remedy to get rid of gout fast. Activated charcoal is known to absorb uric acid easily. Thus, it can be used safely for gout treatment. Those suffering from the gout problem should take a charcoal bath 2 or 3 times in a week.
Directions to Use Activated Charcoal for Gout Prevention:
- Take ½ cup of charcoal powder and mix it with enough water to form a paste.
- Keep this paste in a tub and add more water to it.
- Soak your affected body part in this water for at least 30 minutes.
- This remedy is an excellent solution for gout in the ankle joint or big toe.
- For other affected body parts, you can make a charcoal paste.
- Apply the paste on the skin.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
- Another option is to take activated charcoal capsules orally to get relief from gout pain and inflammation.
- Consultation with your doctor is recommended before taking supplements.
3.) Bananas as a Natural Remedy for Gout
Bananas are also quite effective in gout treatment. Banana is rich in potassium content which help convert uric acid crystals into liquid form. Thus, it will be easier to flush the acid out of the body through urination. Bananas also contain Vitamin C in moderate amount. It can be very helpful in managing swelling and pain.
- Eat 1 or 2 bananas daily. Soon you will start noticing improvement in your condition.
- Alternatively, mix one ripe banana to ½ cup of yogurt.
- Eat it daily 1-2 times. This is also helpful to keep diarrhea away.
4.) Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) as a Remedy for Gout
Apple cider vinegar ore ACV is a popular ingredient for numerous health ailments. It is also helpful for the treatment of arthritis. The acidity in apple cider vinegar helps get relief from acute pain. ACV is among the top remedies for gout. Here is the method to use it.
Directions to use ACV for Gout Treatment:
- Add 1 tsp of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. Mix it well
- Drink it 2 to 3 times daily to get relief from gout.
- Add honey to the remedy to promote the body’s anti-inflammatory response.
5.) Baking Soda as a Remedy for Gout Pain Treatment
One major factor contributing to gout is an increase in the amount of uric acid in the body. Baking soda is very effective in lowering the amount of uric acid in the body. Thus, providing you relief from the pain fast and naturally. It is among the best home remedies for gout and many other body ailments.
Directions to Use Baking Soda for Gout Pain:
- Add ½ tsp of baking soda in a glass of water and mix well.
- Drink this solution no more than 4 times in a day.
- Drink it daily up to two weeks.
- If you are above 60 years of age, do not drink it more than 3 times in a day.
- Also, avoid this remedy if you are suffering from hypertension.
- You can use baking soda to treat splinter or for whitening teeth as well.
6.) Ginger Root as a Remedy for Gout
Ginger root is one of the excellent remedies for gout. Ginger is known to have excellent anti-inflammatory properties which can be very useful in relieving pain and inflammation. There are lot of ways to use ginger root in the treatment of gout.
Directions to Use Ginger Root in Gout Condition:
- Take equal amount of fenugreek powder, turmeric powder and dried ginger root powder. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Consume 1 tsp of this mixture along with warm water twice daily.
- Other than that, just add ginger root in cooking recipes, or simply eat a small, raw piece of ginger root daily.
- You can also make ginger root tea.
- Just mix ½ tsp of ginger root to 1 cup of boiling water.
- Drink this tea daily at least once.
- Another option is to make a ginger root paste.
- Take some ginger root and mix with a little water to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected area.
- Allow it to sit for 30 minutes.
- Do this once every day.
7.) Epsom Salt as a Remedy for Gout
Epsom salt is another important ingredient for home treatment of gout. It is also effective in other forms of arthritis. Epsom salt contains a high amount of magnesium, which help improve the condition of the heart and lower high blood pressure.
Directions to Use Epsom Salt to Treat Gout Symptoms:
- For a leisurely bath, Take 2 cups of Epsom salt and mix it in warm bath water.
- Soak your body in it until the water starts to feel cool.
- Repeat this once in a week.
- If you are suffering severe gout, you can try it 2 or 3 times a week.
- Soaking helps relax aching muscles and gives relief from pain.
8.) Apple as a Remedy for Gout
You would have heard, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away.” It’s a good and healthy habit to eat an apple daily, especially if you are suffering from gout. Apple is among the best remedies for gout.
Experts say that eating an apple after each meal is good for the health. Apple has malic acid, which help neutralize the acidic effect in the body. Thus, providing relief from gout pain and inflammation. If you do not like eating apple, you can have apple juice. Along with an apple, eating raw carrots daily is also considered healthy.
9.) Cold Water to Treat Gout at Home
Keeping the affected area in cold water also helps reduce swelling and pain. When you suffer from gout, direct application of ice is not recommended. Direct application It can damage the skin and can make your condition worse. here is the proper method to do it.
Directions to Use Cold Water for Gout Treatment:
- Put the inflamed, swollen joint in cold water for no more than 15 minutes.
- Repeat the process a few times daily.
- Instead of cold water, you can use an ice pack.
- Keep it on the concerned area for about 15 minutes. But, wrap it in a towel before placing.
- Repeat this twice a day.
- Do not use ice pack in excess as it can lead to crystallization of uric acid.
10.) Cherries for Gout Treatment at Home
Cherries, either sweet or sour, both can be very helpful to get rid of gout at home. It is due to the antioxidant properties that cherries have. Cherries also have anthocyanins, which can help reduce inflammation as well as reduce gout flare-ups.
Directions to Use Cherries for Gout Pain:
- Eating 15 to 20 cherries daily is strongly recommended for gout patients.
- For faster and better results, start your day with some cherries.
- Alternatively, drink a glass of black cherry juice every day.
- You can also add few crushed garlic cloves in it.