In this article, we will talk about home remedies for yeast infection treatment. One of the most common skin infection that is prominent among women is the yeast infection. It generally develops around the vagina and with time spreads at the adjoining area. The infection mainly occurs whenever the pH level of the area surrounding the vagina is not in its neutral state. It results in the fungus that has been in check all this while to grow out of proportions and finally in redness and itching.
The condition affects a great part of the female population and is generally embarrassing. I mean, who likes to go around scratching their inner parts in full public view. While there are several medicines available in the market which make promises but generally don’t deliver. So here we present to you one of the finest remedies to get rid of this problem finally. Before we begin let’s look at some of the causes and symptoms of yeast infection.
Symptoms of Yeast Infection:
- Extreme itching around that area
- Burning and irritation like feeling
- Extreme pain during sexual intercourse or foreplay.
- Pain or burning especially sensation with urination.
- Vaginal discharge
- Extreme redness and itching of the vulva.
Causes of Yeast Infection:
- No proper hygiene.
- Lack of sleep
- Stress and Anxiety
- Hormonal conditions.
- Problems with the menstrual cycle.
- Lack of appetite.
Home Remedies for Yeast Infection Treatment:
1.) Tea Tree Oil as a Home Remedy for Yeast Infection
One of the essential and recognized remedies for all kinds of skin problems is tea tree oil. It has antibacterial and has anti-fungal properties. It is highly effective in treating yeast infection as well. Tea tree oil but being strong in nature can cause allergy, so check it before you plan to use it. Also, note to advise your doctor before using it, if you are pregnant. Follow the steps below for an effective remedy:
- Apply tea tree oil directly on the affected skin with the help of a clean cloth.
- You can also dilute it with water to clean the infection with a cloth.
- Continue the process till the infection subsides.
2.) Apple Cider Vinegar as a Home Remedy for Yeast Infection
The remedial properties of apple cider vinegar are unmatched by others. To use it to cure your problem of yeast infection, follow the steps below:
- Add apple cider vinegar generously in a tub of warm water.
- Now immerse yourself in the solution, especially the infected area.
- Stay there for 15 minutes and you will feel relieved from itching.
- You can also use apple cider vinegar by applying it directly on the skin using a cloth.
3.) Yogurt as a Home Remedy for Yeast Infection
Yogurt being probiotic in nature contains healthy bacteria known as lactobacillus acidophilus. The bacteria are known to control the growth of yeast and prevent any form of skin infections. It also helps to get rid of the sensation of itching and irritation. To use it, follow the steps below:
- Apply yogurt to the affected area directly.
- Leave it there for at least an hour.
- Wash it off and continue the treatment for better relief.
4.) Garlic as a Home Remedy for Yeast Infection
One of the top herbs available as a remedy is ginger. It is antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory in nature. It has been used from centuries now to cure all kinds of skin problems. To use it to get rid of the fungal infection bothering you can either make sure to include garlic as part of your cooking ingredients. A more direct way to use it is to apply garlic paste over the affected area for some time and wash it off. Taking garlic supplements can also prevent the infection from happening again.
5.) Coconut Oil as a Home Remedy for Yeast Infection
The healthy properties of coconut oil are such that you can call it a holistic remedial fruit. It treats yeast infection by getting rid of redness and infection. To use it for yeast infection, follow these steps:
- Warm some coconut oil. It should be soothing rather than burning your skin.
- Apply the coconut oil on the affected area directly with the help of a clean cloth.
- Keep doing it, till the redness subsides.
6.) Cinnamon Oil as a Home Remedy for Yeast Infection
Another effective essential oil that is commonly used for skin infections is cinnamon oil. The properties of cinnamon are known to be anti-bacterial and cooling in nature. To use it, follow the steps:
- Put some cinnamon oil in a clean cloth and apply it on the skin.
- Massage it gently, till the skin absorbs it completely.
- Continue till there is some relief.
7.) Cranberries as a Home Remedy for Yeast Infection
All of us love the amazing juice and taste of the cranberry fruit, but who knew it has antibacterial properties. It is one of among the most popular ways to get rid of a yeast infection. For this to work for you, there are no complicated procedures. Just make sure to drink regular basis. A remedy which you can actually relish. You can also consume cranberry tablets for long lasting relief.
8.) Leaf of Olive as a Home Remedy for Yeast Infection
The leaves of the olive plant are as effective to cure yeast infection as the oil is for fitness purposes. It is known for its antibacterial and antifungal properties. Olive leaf can be used by the following means to cure a yeast infection:
- Mash up freshly cut leaves of olives and insert them in a jar.
- Pour some vodka in the jar and immerse the leaves completely.
- Close the jar and keep it in a dark place for 4 weeks.
- After that place it in a new jar and apply it daily 3 -4 times in a day for instant relief.
9.) Drink Water as a Home Remedy for Yeast Infection
It is essential to drink at least 8 – 10 glasses of water daily for a healthy living. Most of the skin problems occur in our body due to dehydration. It also happens as a result of drinking excessive unnecessary fluids that only do harm. Water helps cool your body and gets rid of the infection.
10.) Rosemary as a Home Remedy for Yeast Infection
The herb is one among the most underrated of them all. It helps relieve itchiness and redness from the skin because of its freshening properties. To use rosemary as a remedy, there are two ways:
- Prepare rosemary tea by boiling it in warm water. Consume it daily and the infection will disappear.
- You can also apply the solution directly on the skin after it cools down.
- Both ways it helps relieve you from yeast infection.