Do you feel embarrassed because of the scars on your legs? If yes, this article is the right place for you to remove scars on legs. Scars on legs are very difficult to hide. If you have scars on legs, then you feel conscious wearing shorts or swimwear. And, thus get restricted to selective clothes. Scarring on the skin is very common as it is a result of injuries, burns, chicken pox, acne and surgery. Scars can be black, white, blue or red in color. However, it is not possible to remove scars completely, but there are different cures like creams, gel and some home remedies which will help to reduce the appearance of scars. So, go through the article and learn the ways to remove scars.
Methods to Remove Scars on Legs:
1.) Creams and Gels to Remove Scars on Legs
There are many products available at the pharmacy which helps to reduce the appearance of scars. Products like Vita-K and Mederma is very effective on scars. Apply these creams 3 to 4 times a day for at least 6 months and you will have the positive results. It is also applicable for stretch marks and other types of scarring. It is good at fading the scars on the legs.
2.) Honey to Remove Scars on Legs
Honey acts as a natural moisturizer. Thus, it is very effective at treating skin related problems including scars. Add 2 tbsp of raw honey to 2 tbsp of baking soda. Massage with this paste for 3 minutes. Now, put a warm towel over that area. Let the towel cool and use this towel to remove honey from the affected skin.
3.) Lemon to Remove Scars on Legs
Lemon works as a natural bleaching agent and thus is works great at marks. It lightens the scars due to containing alpha hydroxyl acids. It also helps to build up new cells and maintain the elasticity of the skin. Take a cotton ball and soak it in 1 tsp of lemon juice. Rub the cotton ball over the scars and leave it for some time. After 10 minutes, rinse it of with water. After using this treatment, apply sunscreen if going out.
4.) Aloe Vera to Remove Scars on Legs
Being rich in anti-inflammatory properties, Aloe Vera helps to remove dead skin. It also helps to reduce swelling. It repairs damaged skin cells and buildup the new cells. Aloe Vera can be found in many forms such as lotions, ointments and gels. Apply the Aloe Vera gel on the scars and massage gently. Do it a few times a day.
5.) Bleaching Creams to Get Rid of Scars
Hydroquinone ingredient is present in bleaching creams which will reduce the appearance of scars like dark spots and stretch marks. These creams will lighten the scars and at a certain time, will remove them completely.
6.) Castor Oil to Remove Scars on Legs
Castor oil is used to treat numerous skin problems including scars, wrinkles, dark spots and pimples.
- Apply some castor oil on the scars and gently massage in circular motions for five to ten minutes.
- Use a cotton cloth to wrap the area.
- Now apply some heat using a hot water bottle to the affected area for half an hour.
- Repeat this process daily for a month for better results.
7.) Potato Juice to Remove Scars on Legs
Potato juice is rich in minerals and vitamins that help to build up skin cells and also remove scars.
- Take a potato and cut it into medium slices.
- Now rub the potato slices on the scars for a few minutes.
- Make sure the starch from the potato covers the scars.
- Allow the potato juice dry completely on its own.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
8.) Alfalfa to Remove Scars on Legs
Alfalfa leaves contain 8 essentials amino acids that are good for the skin problems. It is also rich in vitamins E and protein which nourish the skin.
- Make a paste by mixing alfalfa powder and a few drops of chamomile oil.
- Massage with this paste on the scars 2 to 3 times a day.
- Repeat it daily for a few weeks and you will notice the results.
9.) Olive Oil to Remove Scars on Legs
Olive oil helps to treat many skin problems including scars as it contains antioxidants and various nutrients.
- Heat some extra virgin olive oil.
- Use the oil to massage the affected area.
- It improves the blood circulation and will remove the scars from the legs.
- Keep it for half an hour so that vitamins A, D and E present in the olive oil are completely absorbed by the skin.
10.) Water to Remove Scars on Legs
Water keeps your body hydrated which helps to protect the skin from many problems. Also, it promotes detoxification. However, drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water. It is the best way to stay hydrated. Drinking water makes your skin soft. And, also it helps to reduce the appearance of scars. These remedies will help to fade scars or makes them disappear completely.
11.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Scars on Legs
This is one of the best home remedies for scar removal. The acidic nature of apple cider vinegar helps in exfoliating the skin and removing the dead skin. It makes the appearance of scar light in very short time. It maintains the pH, which is very good for the texture of the skin. Apple cider vinegar lightens the scar and promotes new cell growth. Follow the steps given below and see the wonderful results yourself.
- Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar.
- Rub this cotton ball directly on the scar for about 5 minutes.
- Wash the affected skin with water after 10 minutes.
- Now, apply your regular moisturizing lotion.
- Repeat the remedy several times a day for several weeks.
12.) Coconut Oil to Remove Scars on Legs
This is one of the indispensable treatments for curing scars. The strong properties of coconut oil remove the dead skin and heal the scar fast. The presence of vitamin K and E in coconut oil makes the scar fade away entirely. Coconut oil contains antioxidant properties that speeds up the healing process and prevents new scars. The lauric and capric acids in coconut oil promotes collagen production. Follow the steps given below to remove scars on legs in a short period of time.
- Massage coconut oil on the affected areas of the skin.
- Continue massaging for 10 to 15 minutes so that the oil penetrates deep into the skin.
- Leave the oil on the affected area for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Use a wet tissue to wipe the oil.
- Repeat this process every day until you get satisfying results.
13.) Tea Tree Oil to Lighten Scars on Legs
This is one of the best home remedies in treating skin problems like scars. Tea tree oil contains a lot of skin healing and scar removing compounds due to which the scars fade away in a short span of time. The anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties of tea tree oil makes it an effective remedy for scars and blemishes. It heals the skin fast and encourages growth of new cells. Follow the steps given below to lighten scars on legs.
- In one teaspoon of olive oil, mix 2 to 3 drops of tea tree oil.
- Apply this mixture of oils on the affected areas of the skin.
- Leave it on the skin for a few hours so that it penetrates deep into the skin.
- Wash the area with water.
- Do this remedy once a day for several weeks.
14.) Garlic Oil to Remove Scars on Legs
This common kitchen ingredient is very beneficial in removing scars on legs. It has a high content of antibiotics, which is very good for the skin. Using garlic oil on a regular basis will bring out the white skin and fade the scars. Follow the steps given below to remove scars on legs.
- Take 4 to 5 cloves of garlic to extract its oil.
- Massage this oil directly on the scarred skin. Make sure before you apply the oil, the skin is properly washed with water.
- Wash it off after 15 minutes.
- Do this on a regular basis until you get desired results.
15.) Sandalwood Powder to Get Rid of Scars on Legs
This is one of the most effective and natural remedies for scar removal. It contains skin regenerating properties, which helps in reducing the scars and heals the skin fast. It is a great way to lighten skin in a short period of time. Follow the steps given below to achieve the desired results.
- Mix one tablespoon each of sandalwood powder and rose water.
- Apply this mixture on the affected areas of your skin. You can apply it at night.
- Let it dry completely on its own.
- Use tepid water to wash off the paste in the morning.
- Repeat this remedy daily for one month to get best results.
16.) Chamomile to Remove Scars on Legs
This is one of the most effective herb for various skin conditions such as scars and acne. It reduces the skin inflammation and encourages healing. It is an inexpensive and natural way to get rid of scars on legs. Follow the steps given below to remove scars on legs.
- In 8 ounces of boiling water, add 3 tablespoons of dried chamomile leaves.
- Allow it to steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain it and allow it to cool down.
- Now, wash your scars with this chamomile tea.
- Continue this daily to get favorable results.
17.) Cucumber to Get Rid of Scars on Legs
This is one of the cheapest and easiest remedies to get rid of scars on legs. It is a natural coolant that deals with various types of skin problems. It brings out the soft, supple, bright and white skin. Cucumber has a low acidic content so there are very less chances of skin irritation. It is an excellent choice to deal with scars. Follow the steps given below to get satisfying results.
- Peel off some slices of cucumbers and remove the seeds.
- Grind them in a mixer with 4 to 5 mint leaves.
- Mix an egg white in this mixture.
- Apply this paste on the scarred skin and leave it for about 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with water and pat the area dry with a towel.
- Repeat this remedy on a regular basis to get desirable results.
18.) Cocoa Butter to Remove Scars on Legs
It is one of the most popular remedies for scar removal treatment. It moisturizes the dry skin which is caused due to scars. Cocoa butter penetrates deep into the skin and eliminates harmful germs that cause scars. Follow the steps given below to get desirable results.
- Rub a wet tissue on the affected areas of the skin and pat it dry.
- Massage cocoa butter on the affected areas of the skin in circular motions.
- Repeat this remedy thrice a day for a few weeks.
19.) Lilac to Lighten Scars on Legs
The anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, aesthetic, and antiviral properties of lilac make it an effective remedy for scars. It is also effective in treating skin rashes, pimples, scars and inflammation. It is surely going to improve the appearance of your skin. All you need to do is grind some lilac leaves to make a paste. Apply this paste on your scarred skin for several times. Your scars will fade away if you use it on a regular basis.
20.) Vitamin E to Remove Scars on Legs
It is one of the most natural remedies to get rid of scars on legs as it speeds up the healing process. You can buy creams that contain vitamin E from your nearby drug store. It heals the scars caused by acne, wounds and surgery. Apply vitamin E cream several times a week to encourage healing.