Do you feel embarrassed because of the scars on your legs? If yes, this article is the right place for you to remove scars on legs. Scars on legs are very difficult to hide. If you have scars on legs, then you feel conscious wearing shorts or swimwear. And, thus get restricted to selective clothes. Scarring on the skin is very common as it is a result of injuries, burns, chicken pox, acne and surgery. Scars can be black, white, blue or red in color. However, it is not possible to remove scars completely, but there are different cures like creams, gel and some home remedies which will help to reduce the appearance of scars. So, go through the article and learn the ways to remove scars.
Methods to Remove Scars on Legs:
1.) Creams and Gels to Remove Scars on Legs
There are many products available at the pharmacy which helps to reduce the appearance of scars. Products like Vita-K and Mederma is very effective on scars. Apply these creams 3 to 4 times a day for at least 6 months and you will have the positive results. It is also applicable for stretch marks and other types of scarring. It is good at fading the scars on the legs.
2.) Honey to Remove Scars on Legs
Honey acts as a natural moisturizer. Thus, it is very effective at treating skin related problems including scars. Add 2 tbsp of raw honey to 2 tbsp of baking soda. Massage with this paste for 3 minutes. Now, put a warm towel over that area. Let the towel cool and use this towel to remove honey from the affected skin.
3.) Lemon to Remove Scars on Legs
Lemon works as a natural bleaching agent and thus is works great at marks. It lightens the scars due to containing alpha hydroxyl acids. It also helps to build up new cells and maintain the elasticity of the skin. Take a cotton ball and soak it in 1 tsp of lemon juice. Rub the cotton ball over the scars and leave it for some time. After 10 minutes, rinse it of with water. After using this treatment, apply sunscreen if going out.
4.) Aloe Vera to Remove Scars on Legs
Being rich in anti-inflammatory properties, Aloe Vera helps to remove dead skin. It also helps to reduce swelling. It repairs damaged skin cells and buildup the new cells. Aloe Vera can be found in many forms such as lotions, ointments and gels. Apply the Aloe Vera gel on the scars and massage gently. Do it a few times a day.
5.) Bleaching Creams to Get Rid of Scars
Hydroquinone ingredient is present in bleaching creams which will reduce the appearance of scars like dark spots and stretch marks. These creams will lighten the scars and at a certain time, will remove them completely.
6.) Castor Oil to Remove Scars on Legs
Castor oil is used to treat numerous skin problems including scars, wrinkles, dark spots and pimples.
- Apply some castor oil on the scars and gently massage in circular motions for five to ten minutes.
- Use a cotton cloth to wrap the area.
- Now apply some heat using a hot water bottle to the affected area for half an hour.
- Repeat this process daily for a month for better results.
7.) Potato Juice to Remove Scars on Legs
Potato juice is rich in minerals and vitamins that help to build up skin cells and also remove scars.
- Take a potato and cut it into medium slices.
- Now rub the potato slices on the scars for a few minutes.
- Make sure the starch from the potato covers the scars.
- Allow the potato juice dry completely on its own.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
8.) Alfalfa to Remove Scars on Legs
Alfalfa leaves contain 8 essentials amino acids that are good for the skin problems. It is also rich in vitamins E and protein which nourish the skin.
- Make a paste by mixing alfalfa powder and a few drops of chamomile oil.
- Massage with this paste on the scars 2 to 3 times a day.
- Repeat it daily for a few weeks and you will notice the results.
9.) Olive Oil to Remove Scars on Legs
Olive oil helps to treat many skin problems including scars as it contains antioxidants and various nutrients.
- Heat some extra virgin olive oil.
- Use the oil to massage the affected area.
- It improves the blood circulation and will remove the scars from the legs.
- Keep it for half an hour so that vitamins A, D and E present in the olive oil are completely absorbed by the skin.
10.) Water to Remove Scars on Legs
Water keeps your body hydrated which helps to protect the skin from many problems. Also, it promotes detoxification. However, drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water. It is the best way to stay hydrated. Drinking water makes your skin soft. And, also it helps to reduce the appearance of scars. These remedies will help to fade scars or makes them disappear completely.