After writing, how to make your hair grow faster?, home remedies for scalp fungus treatment, and how to prevent hair loss?, we are now writing the best ways to control hair fall in winter. Do you think that seasonal changes don’t bring any change to your hair? Well, if your answer is yes, then it is the time to think again. Hair loss is caused due to various factors, but the major cause is an environmental factor.
The environment also plays a major role in the growth of your hair. So, if it is the season of winter, then pay a little more attention to your hair. Winter is the only season of the year when your hair falls more than anything. Hence, you need to focus more on your hair during this season of the year. For this, you need to use few natural ways to control hair fall in winter.
Factors that Cause Hair Fall:
- Natural Ways to Control Hair Fall in Winter
- 1.) Apply Coconut Milk to Control Hair Fall in Winter
- 2.) Treat Dandruff to Treat Hair Fall
- 3.) Give Proper Hair Oil Massage
- 4.) Apply Aloe Vera to Control Hair Fall in Winter
- 5.) Eat a Balanced Diet to Control Hair Fall in Winter
- 6.) Flaxseeds to Control Hair Fall in Winter
- 7.) Use Fenugreek Seeds to Control Hair Fall in Winter
- 8.) Apply Onion Juice to Control Hair Fall in Winter
- 9.) Gently Comb Your Hair to Avoid Hair Fall
- 10.) Apply Avocado Mask to Control Hair Fall in Winter
- 11.) Use Oil Treatment to Get Rid of Hair Fall
- 12.) Use Banana and Honey to Control Hair Fall
- Preventing Further Hair Loss to Control Hair Loss in Winter
- Stop Hair fall in Winter with Professional Treatments
- Stress: It is the most common factor that causes hair fall. Though, we experience a lot of stressful situations in life that brings a lot of tension and worries. So, it is really very important to deal with such situations with a calm mind and avoid stress in life at any cost to control hair fall.
- Hormonal Changes: Few changes in hormones and hormonal imbalance may cause hair fall.
- Lifestyle: An unhealthy lifestyle causes hair fall. Your hair also gets affected by the lifestyle you follow. So, if you are following an unhealthy lifestyle like poor eating habits, less physical activity, smoking, and drinking, then it is the time to change it and follow a healthy routine.
- Hair Styling: Using lot of heat treatments may also cause hair fall. Using hair dyes, hair colors and various types of shampoos and conditioners having high chemical content may also cause hair fall.
Natural Ways to Control Hair Fall in Winter
Well, here are few natural ways that you should follow if you want to stop hair loss. You need to follow them sincerely if you want to control hair fall in winter.
1.) Apply Coconut Milk to Control Hair Fall in Winter
Coconut milk is a great natural treatment used to stop hair fall effectively. It contains great properties like providing nourishment to hair tissues that in turn helps in reducing hair loss. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- Firstly, just scrap fresh coconuts using coconut scraper and then grind these scrapings in a blender.
- Now, prepare a paste after grinding to extract coconut milk. After this, just apply this coconut milk thoroughly on your hair and your scalp and hair.
- Leave it on your hair for 15-20 minutes. Also, massage your scalp gently by using coconut milk.
- Use this natural treatment for hair loss once in a week to control hair fall in winter.
2.) Treat Dandruff to Treat Hair Fall
Dandruff is a very common problem in the season of winter that is also a major cause of hair fall. Hence, it is really very important to treat such problem effectively. Dandruff basically occurs, due to extreme dryness of the scalp. So, to prevent it just use the anti-dandruff cleanser and always keep your hair clean to control hair fall in winter.
3.) Give Proper Hair Oil Massage
It is really very important to give proper hair oil massage to your hair. It is the primary step to control hair fall in winter. Your hair needs nourishment to grow and stay healthy. A hair massage not only helps in reducing stress, but it is very useful in improving the blood circulation. For hair massage, you may use essential oils like coconut oil, almond oil, castor oil, and olive oil. For increasing the efficiency of these oils, just add a few drops of rosemary in it. Just massage using these oil on your hair and scalp with your fingertips. Do this once or twice in a week to control hair fall in winter.
4.) Apply Aloe Vera to Control Hair Fall in Winter
Aloe Vera is used in various health related problems. Not only it can provide benefits in health, but it also keeps your hair healthy. It is rich in various nutrients and it contains various enzymes and nutrients that can stop hair fall easily. It even promotes hair growth and balances the pH scale of your scalp. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- Apply, fresh Aloe Vera on your scalp. Leave it on your scalp for few hours. After this, just wash it off using lukewarm water. Use this remedy 3-4 times in a week to control hair fall in winter.
- You may even consume one tablespoon of aloe vera juice on an empty stomach in the morning to prevent hair fall in winter.
5.) Eat a Balanced Diet to Control Hair Fall in Winter
One should eat a balanced diet that contains all types of nutrients and minerals. It is not only good for your health, but it also helps a lot in the hair growth. So, start eating healthy foods to control hair fall in winter. It is really very important to eat properly. Also, eat fruits and vegetables on a regular basis and avoid all the junk foods, oily foods that you consume.
6.) Flaxseeds to Control Hair Fall in Winter
Flaxseeds are very helpful in preventing the hair loss. They are rich in omega-3 fatty acids that are very important for the hair. It even promotes the hair growth. To use this remedy, consume one teaspoon of ground flaxseeds with one glass of water on a regular basis in the morning to control hair loss. Also, add this ingredient to your diet by adding it to different dishes, recipes, salads, and soups. You may also apply flaxseed oil on your hair to prevent hair fall.
7.) Use Fenugreek Seeds to Control Hair Fall in Winter
Fenugreek seeds are high in hormone antecedents that help in rebuilding hair follicles that in turn helps in preventing hair fall. These seeds contain nicotine acid and proteins that help in stimulating hair growth. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- Just soak one cup of fenugreek seeds in water. Leave it overnight and next morning just grind them to prepare a paste.
- Apply, this paste on your hair and cover with a shower cap. After 40 minutes, just rinse your hair.
- Use this remedy every morning for one month to control hair fall in winter.
8.) Apply Onion Juice to Control Hair Fall in Winter
Onion is not only made for eating purposes it can also treat hair problems effectively. It contains sulfur that helps in improving the blood circulation and regenerating hair follicles. It also helps in reducing inflammation. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- Grind onion and extract juice from it. Strain it. Now, apply this onion juice on your scalp. Leave it on your scalp for 30 minutes. After this, wash your hair with a mild shampoo and water.
- Alternatively, you may also mix three teaspoons of onion juice with 2 teaspoons of fresh Aloe Vera gel. Apply, this mixture of aloe Vera gel and onion juice gently on your scalp and leave it on your hair for 30 minutes. After this, just rinse it off with shampoo and water.
9.) Gently Comb Your Hair to Avoid Hair Fall
Just comb your hair gently. Don’t comb it with hard strokes as it may cause hair fall. Also, don’t comb for a long time as it causes a lot of damage to hair. In winter, your hair remains dry due to lack of moisture. So, always comb it gently to control hair fall in winter.
10.) Apply Avocado Mask to Control Hair Fall in Winter
This mask will help to keep your hair nourished by preventing hair fall. It is also rich in various vitamins and minerals that help in getting rid of dryness. So, apply the avocado mask on your hair to control hair fall in winter.
11.) Use Oil Treatment to Get Rid of Hair Fall
A regular hair oil treatment can help a lot in treating the problem of hair fall in winter. It provides nourishment and moisture to the hair scalp. It is a great remedy for eradicating dandruff and dryness of hair. So, massage your hair in winter using the hair oil like olive oil to control hair fall in winter.
12.) Use Banana and Honey to Control Hair Fall
The banana and honey hair pack helps in preventing hair fall in winter. It is a great remedy that can reduce extreme dryness. To prepare this hair pack just smash one banana and mix it with two tablespoons of honey. Apply this mixture on your hair and leave it for 1 hour. After this, wash your hair using a mild shampoo. It is one of the best remedies to treat hair fall in winter.
Preventing Further Hair Loss to Control Hair Loss in Winter
1.) Control Stress
If you want to stop hairs fall in winter than you should also prevent further hair loss. High level stress leads to particular hair loss. Try to remain calm and relaxed. For better relief you can do exercise, walk and yoga which is very helpful in reducing stress. You can also relieve your stress by writing journals that will help you to reduce stress on daily basis. Hair loss from the stress is permanent. If you reduce your stress level then there are chance to regrow your hair. The following type of hair loss results from the excess stress.
If you have telogen effluvium, significant stress causes breakage of large number of hair follicle into a resting phase. Within a couple of months, affected hairs fall out suddenly when you comb or wash your hair.
With Trichotillomania, you got a urge to pull your hair from the scalp, eyebrows or other area of the body. It may be because you must be dealing with stress, loneliness, boredom, tension or frustration.
Stress can also lead to alopecia areata, in this condition, your immune system attack the hair follicle that causes hair loss.
2.) Treat Your Hair Well
Only the market products and home remedies cannot help you to stop hair fall in winter unless you start treating your hair well. Just keep this in your mind that the tight hairstyles such as braid, buns, or ponytail can also lead to hair loss. You need to very gentle while washing your hair, just use warm water for best result. Gently comb your hair, don’t brush you hair too hard. You can use a wide toothed comb that surely helps you to avoid the pulling of excess hair. Try to avoid heating tools that cause so much of damage to your hair. Just avoid hot rollers, hot oil treatment and permanent straightening that will give you so much of hair loss.
3.) Keep Your Body Hydrated
Always keep your body hydrated. As your hair shaft is contain of 25% of water. You just need to drink atleast sixty-four ounces of water per day. This will help you to stay hydrated and also encourage the hair growth. Drinking water not only give you benefit in your hair but also make your skin and digestive system healthy.
4.) Add Herbs in Your Diet
You can add herb in your diet as sage herb helps you in hair growth and rosemary activate the hair growth. You can add both the herb in your diet. Try add these useful herbs in your diet. Use the fresh herb rather than dried one if possible. If you eat proper nutritional diet than it will also help you prevent hair loss.
Stop Hair fall in Winter with Professional Treatments
1.) Consult with Doctor
If you are really concerned about your hair fall then you must consult to doctor about the hair treatment. You can go for many alternatives that included meditation, laser treatment and surgery. These treatments are made according to your requirement. If you are facing hair loss and hair fall from very long time then you can go for surgery. Which option you want to take that’s totally depend on your budget and time.
In some of the cases, the hair loss triggers by the estrogen deficiency and thyroid issue. You need to identitfy the problem and right hair treatment to solve the issue. Issue can help you to get rid of the problem and also reduce your hair loss.
2.) Take Medication
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) have approved two drugs that surely help in treating hair loss. The first cure is, Minoxidil (Rogain), it comes in a form of liquid and foam to combat hair loss. Both men and women are getting many positive results after using it for hair loss. You just have to rub the product twice a day for best result. Finasteride (Propecia) is a prescription drug which is available for men only. You just have to take only one pill. People who are using finasteride experienced slow hair loss and some have new hair growth with both the drugs. You just have to take the drug continuously to stop the excessive hair loss.
Make sure, before using these drugs, you should be well aware of the side effects of these drugs. The best possible effect of the monoxide includes scalp irritation, unwanted hair growth in the hand and arms, and a rapid heart rate.
Some uncommon side effects of finasteride drug include reduce libido, decreased sexual function and higher risk of prostate cancer. Women who are potentially pregnant should not even touch the broken tablets.
3.) Go for Surgery
If you are not getting any positive result from the medicines, diet and home remedies than you should go for hair surgery. As long term hair fall can give you so much of hair loss. You can go for hair transplant and hair restoration surgery are the options for you. If you go for this option then you should know that the doctor will remove your small skin plugs, which each contains couple of hairs from your scalp. Doctor will put the plugs into your bald spots.
Your doctor might ask you to take hair loss medication before you go for the surgery so that the following surgery gets the best result. As this surgery are highly expensive and can give you significant pain. There are chances that you can also end with infection or scarring.
4.) Use Laser Therapy
Laser therapy is one of the options to stop hair fall and hair loss. Both men and women can treat baldness with low level laser comb. This process is FDA approved. If you want to treat your hair at home then you must use the hair comb slowly from the front to back and then side of the center. The comb has a beep sound that helps you to let you know when to move. It is shown in the studies that the laser comb can improve the hair growth. Each treatment of laser take 10-15 minutes. Do this process 3 times in a week.