In this article, we will talk about ways to cure stomach ache at home. Accept it!, all of us have suffered from it at some point of our lives. The excruciating pain, the sleepless nights, the knots like feeling. Yes you are not the only one suffering from stomach ache.
The area around the tummy forms one of the essential part of our body. Most of the major activities of our body take place here. Stomach ache could result from many reasons. It is therefore advisable to check with your doctor before trying out any remedy. The problem could be anything from mild to extreme. Identifying the different areas of the stomach where pain can occur can help us to get rid of it faster.
Symptoms of Stomach Ache:
- Development of Gas in the stomach
- Food poisoning
- Gall bladder stones
- Inflammation of pancreas
- Intolerance to lactose or simply dairy products
- Endometriosis in women
- Issues with the thyroid gland
- Parasites in the stomach
- Infection in the appendicitis
- Stress and Anxiety
- Cancer (In rare cases)
Ways to Cure Stomach Ache at Home:
- Ways to Cure Stomach Ache at Home:
- 1.) Baking Soda to Cure Stomach Ache at Home
- 2.) Yoghurt to Cure Stomach Ache at Home
- 3.) Hot water Bottle to Cure Stomach Ache at Home
- 4.) Aloe Vera to Cure Stomach Ache at Home
- 5.) Ginger to Cure Stomach Ache at Home
- 6.) Rice Water to Cure Stomach Ache at Home
- 7.) Rose Water to Cure Stomach Ache at Home
- 8.) Mint to Cure Stomach Ache at Home
- 9.) Plain Soda to Cure Stomach Ache at Home
- 10.) Lemon to Cure Stomach Ache at Home
- 11.) Rest to Cure Stomach Ache at Home
- 12.) Cinnamon tea to Cure Stomach Ache at Home
- 13.) Asafetida to Get Rid of Stomach Ache
- 14.) Fennel to Cure Stomach Ache
- 15.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Stomach Ache
- 16.) Burned Toast to Get Rid of Stomach Ache
- 17.) Thyme to Cure Abdominal Pain
- 18.) Stay Hydrated to Get Rid of Stomach Pain
- 19.) Caraway Seeds to Cure Stomach Ache at Home
- 20.) Oatmeal to Get Rid of Stomach Ache
- 21.) Canned or Jarred Fruits to Cure Stomach Ache at Home
- 22.) Crackers to Get Rid of Stomach Ache
1.) Baking Soda to Cure Stomach Ache at Home
One of the most renowned products used for home remedies around the world is baking soda. Baking soda can act as an antacid especially if you are suffering from acidity or gas. The remedial properties along with the germ removal power can act as a perfect solution for stomach ache. Mix it with water and drink the solution for an easy remedy.
2.) Yoghurt to Cure Stomach Ache at Home
Yoghurt is nature’s probiotic drink. It contains healthy bacteria which helps improve digestion and works effectively to cure diarrhoea and indigestion. It is advisable to consume yoghurt mixed with plain rice. Consuming it directly will also be effective. It will take its time but will help stable your digestive systems good bacteria vs bad bacteria balance.
3.) Hot water Bottle to Cure Stomach Ache at Home
If the pain in your stomach is a result of your occasional periods then this remedy can help. Providing constant heat to the area around your tummy can help relieve the sensation of pain. Just get a hot water bottle and place it on your stomach. Make sure it is not too hot. Keep it there and rest for a while, till the pain subsides.
4.) Aloe Vera to Cure Stomach Ache at Home
Every topic about home remedies is incomplete without the mention of aloe vera. Drinking aloe vera juice is associated with healthy behaviour. It will help improve your digestion and immunity. Consume it for instant relief from stomach ache.
5.) Ginger to Cure Stomach Ache at Home
The healthy properties are not something new, they are known to us from generations. Ginger can help reduce the sensation of pain in your body. With its three in one qualities that include antibacterial, anti-fungal and antioxidant properties it can relive you of the pain. Just boil freshly cut pieces of ginger in water. Consume the tea everyday for relief from all symptoms of stomach ache.
6.) Rice Water to Cure Stomach Ache at Home
The water that you normally throw away while preparing rice is actually healthy. The starch water that is left can be used at best for getting rid of stomach ache for good. Just prepare some rice and drain out all the water in a separate vessel. Drink the water that you just collected. The rice that is left then can be consumed with rice. Add honey for added taste.
7.) Rose Water to Cure Stomach Ache at Home
One of the most underrated home remedies is rose water. The skin enhancing properties are effective in getting a quick relief from stomach ache as well. It requires no special techniques and no mixtures are to be prepared. Just consume it directly and you are good to go.
8.) Mint to Cure Stomach Ache at Home
Without this remedy the whole list is incomplete. The antiseptic properties are effective for treating pain in your stomach and will kill the bad bacteria in your stomach. There are two ways to do this. One of them is to boil mint leaves in water and to then consume the tea daily. The other method involves chewing 8-10 mint leaves. Choose the one which you are comfortable with. Both are effective in their own respect.
9.) Plain Soda to Cure Stomach Ache at Home
There are times when the acid levels of the body rise up giving way to acidity. Acidity is not only painful but causes great discomfort as well. The best way to treat the problem is to take an antacid to balance up the pH levels of the body. But a more common remedy for the same is plain soda water. Just drink it directly and you will feel relieved from the pain immediately.
10.) Lemon to Cure Stomach Ache at Home
If we are talking about home remedies for stomach ache then the list is incomplete without the mention of this one. The citrus fruit can help get rid of the knots in your stomach. Just apply the simple procedure for instant relief
- Cut fresh lemons and squeeze out its juice.
- Add water to the lemon juice.
- Mix honey in the lemon juice and stir it properly.
- Drink the honey and lemon juice for relief from stomach ache.
11.) Rest to Cure Stomach Ache at Home
This is the most sorted and applicable remedies for all problems. At times, due to stress and anxiety your body tends to punish you for the same. Therefore it is recommended to lie down in a dark corner of your sleep and rest for a while. With proper rest your body starts up with its own self treatment mechanism. Do it and feel the results.
12.) Cinnamon tea to Cure Stomach Ache at Home
The herb is not only a good mouth refresher but also an excellent remedy for stomach pain. Simply add some cinnamon seeds in boiling water and drink the resultant tea. Add some honey to enhance the overall taste and aroma. You can even consume cinnamon directly. Well, only if you can.
13.) Asafetida to Get Rid of Stomach Ache
This is one of the excellent home remedies to get rid of stomach ache. The antiflatulent and antispasmodic properties of asafetida make it an amazing remedy for stomach ache caused by indigestion or gas. Check out the instructions given below to cure stomach ache.
- In a glass of warm water, mix a pinch of asafetida powder. Drink this water twice or thrice in a day. You can mix pinch of salt in it. It is an effective remedy for both gas and stomach ache.
- Alternatively, take a cup of warm water and mix one teaspoon of asafetida in it. Submerge a cotton cloth in this water and keep it on your stomach for about 15 to 20 minutes. Repeat this method several times in a day to soothe the stomach pain.
14.) Fennel to Cure Stomach Ache
Fennel seeds are one of the amazing remedies to get rid of abdominal pain. The pain reducing, carminative, anti-microbial and diuretic properties present in fennel seeds gives quick relief from stomach ache. It is also an excellent choice to treat problems like indigestion, gas and bloating. Check out the instructions given below to get desirable results.
- In a cup of hot water, add one teaspoon of fennel seeds in crushed form.
- Leave it to steep for the next 8 to 10 minutes.
- Let it cool down and then strain it.
- Mix a dash of honey in this water and drink it.
- Another thing that you can do is eat one teaspoon of fennel seeds after having each meal.
- Use any of these remedies thrice a day to get rid of stomach ache completely.
15.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Stomach Ache
This is one of the wonderful remedies to cure stomach ache at home. It is known for treating stomach ache that is caused due to indigestion or gas. Apple cider vinegar also contains antibiotic properties that reduces stomach ache and improves the digestion process. Check out the instructions given below to cure stomach ache.
- In a cup of warm water, add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Mix a tablespoon of honey in it and stir well.
- Take small sips of this water in every few hours until you get complete relief from stomach ache.
- Repeat this remedy whenever you suffer from gas or indigestion.
Precaution: If you do not have apple cider vinegar and it’s urgent, then you can go for vinegar.
16.) Burned Toast to Get Rid of Stomach Ache
This is one of the excellent choices to reduce stomach ache. Burned toast is a part of BRAT (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast) diet which is commonly used to treat stomach ache. The charcoal present in burned toast absorb the alcohol and neutralizes the toxins in the body. Black tea also contains tannins which also neutralize the toxins and that is why it is prescribed during stomach pain. All you need to do is eat a burned toast. You can even apply jam or spread honey on the toast to add taste.
17.) Thyme to Cure Abdominal Pain
This is one of the best herbal remedies to cure abdominal pain. Thyme not only helps to get rid of stomach ache and gas but also improves the functioning of the digestive system. The carminative and antispasmodic properties of thyme push the gas in downward direction. Check out the instructions given below to cure stomach ache completely.
- In a cup of warm water, add one teaspoon of dry thyme leaves.
- Cover the cup for the next 10 minutes and then strain the leaves out.
- Consume this tea to get relieve from abdominal pain.
- Drink this thyme tea on a regular basis to stomach pain.
18.) Stay Hydrated to Get Rid of Stomach Pain
This is one of the essential things to stay away from all the stomach problems. Dehydration is also an important reason behind stomach ache. People suffering from stomach ache and problems like gas avoid drinking water and other fluids due to which the empty stomach leads to overdriving of acids in the stomach. One should consume lots of liquids to avoid dehydration because it will only increase the stomach discomfort. All you need to do is take sufficient amount of liquid. You can start by taking small amounts of liquid. In the start give the patient on tablespoon of liquid in every 15 minutes. Once the patient in comfortable, then increase the quantity of liquids. It will not only satisfy your thirst but will also keep the body hydrated. It soothes the stomach and speeds up the recovery process. Consume atleast 8 glasses of water per day for the proper functioning of the intestines. Water flushes out the toxins and the virus from the body. Here is a list of some liquids that will help you to stay hydrated.
- Caffeine free tea
- Clear broths
- Apple or cranberry juice
- Sports drinks
19.) Caraway Seeds to Cure Stomach Ache at Home
This is one of the effective remedies to cure stomach ache at home. Caraway seeds is one of the best supplements of dietary fiber. It is an excellent choice to reduce stomach pain caused by indigestion and gas. It gives quick relief from both these problems. Check out the instructions given below to soothe the stomach pain.
- In a cup of hot water, add one teaspoon of caraway seeds.
- Leave it in the water for next 5 to 10 minutes.
- Strain the seeds out.
- Drink this water on an empty stomach to get relief from stomach ache.
20.) Oatmeal to Get Rid of Stomach Ache
This is one of the excellent choices to get rid of abdominal pain. The soluble and insoluble fiber in oatmeal helps in treating constipation which could be a reason behind stomach ache. It is only good for the digestive system but also maintains the cholesterol levels, helps in losing weight loss, maintains the sugar level and also prevents cancer. It is a type of bland food that is good when you have an empty stomach. All you need to do is consume a bowl of oatmeal when you are having stomach ache.
21.) Canned or Jarred Fruits to Cure Stomach Ache at Home
This is one of the effective home remedies for treating stomach problems at home. The antioxidants and vitamins in canned or jarred fruits replinshes the body with lost nutrients and speeds up the recovery process. Canned or jarred fruits are easy to digest and give quick relief from stomach cramps. Fruits that you can include are peaches, apricots, pears etc. You must avoid pineapples as it can cause acidity and irritate the stomach.
22.) Crackers to Get Rid of Stomach Ache
This is one of the excellent choices to get rid of abdominal pain. The bland quality of crackers neutralizes the acidity of the stomach and improves the digestion process. All you need to do is wheat crackers such as saltines with a cup of tea. It not only treats the stomach cramps but also eliminates nausea.