In this article, we will discuss different remedies that can help you to fall asleep fast and instantly. If you want to wake up early in the morning then you have to sleep on time at night. Everyone needs proper sleep at least for 8 hours a day. Those who do not get proper sleep at night face problems such as frequent headaches, poor health, anxiety, dark circles, stress, poor mood and laziness, etc. Ignoring sleep disorders can effect your lifestyle, job performances, your relationships and does not let you concentrate on anything during day time. Less sleep affects the quality of life and can also affect your physical and mental health. Improper sleep spoils your daily schedule and causes a symptom of excessive daytime sleepiness. If improper sleep is not cured before handily then it might light to insomnia. It is a chronic disorder of improper sleep. Read more, to find out about fall asleep and remedies to fall asleep.
Causes of Sleeping Disorder:
- Acute stress disorder
- Caffeine overdose
Remedies to Fall Asleep Fast & Instantly:
- Remedies to Fall Asleep Fast & Instantly:
- 1.) Onion to Fall Asleep Fast
- 2.) Castor Oil to Fall Asleep Instantly
- 3.) Banana to Fall Asleep Fast
- 4.) Honey to Fall Asleep Fast
- 5.) Lettuce Seeds to Fall Asleep Fast
- 6.) Coriander Juice to Fall Asleep Fast
- 7.) Lukewarm Water to Fall Asleep Fast
- 8.) Gooseberry and Papaya Juice to Fall Asleep
- 9.) Yogurt to Fall Asleep Fast
- 10.) Warm Milk to Fall Asleep
- 11.) Aniseed to Fall Asleep
- 12.) Herbal Oils to Fall Asleep
- 13.) Follow a Bedtime Ritual to Fall Asleep
- 14.) Stay Away from Technology to Fall Asleep
- 15.) Avoid Afternoon Slowdown to Fall Asleep at Night
- 16.) Turn Your Bedroom into Your Sleep Sanctuary
- 17.) Almonds to Fall Asleep
- 18.) Hard Boiled Eggs to Fall Asleep
1.) Onion to Fall Asleep Fast
Onion as a home remedy for fall asleep works effectively for getting proper sleep at night. Consume raw onion as a salad with the dinner. You can also consume it through extracting the juice of a roasted onion and drink it before sleep.
2.) Castor Oil to Fall Asleep Instantly
Castor oil works as an amazing home remedy to fall asleep. Massaging the soles with castor oil helps you to get proper sleep and it also cures the problem of insomnia.
3.) Banana to Fall Asleep Fast
Banana fruit helps you to get good sleep at night. It helps you to fall asleep. For using this home remedy, you need to take a banana and cut it down into slices and then stuff half tsp of cumin powder in it. Consume it regularly in the evening.
4.) Honey to Fall Asleep Fast
Honey not only works as the finest remedy for weight loss but also works as the finest remedy to treat insomnia and it also helps you to fall asleep. In a glass of lukewarm water add 2 tsp of honey. Mix it well and consume it for better effects. Consume it regularly to sleep better.
5.) Lettuce Seeds to Fall Asleep Fast
Lettuce seeds are known as the most helpful home remedy for treating sleeplessness and insomnia. You need to boil 1 tsp of lettuce seeds in half liter water. Boil it until its quantity is reduced to 1/3rd. Consume this solution 3-4 times a day to fall asleep.
6.) Coriander Juice to Fall Asleep Fast
Consume coriander juice to fall asleep and for treating insomnia. Extract coriander juice, then add a little sugar in it. Consume it for better effects and for improving the condition of insomnia. In addition, add coriander and parsley in your diet for sound sleep.
7.) Lukewarm Water to Fall Asleep Fast
Lukewarm water will help you to get a sound sleep. Take a bath with lukewarm water before going to bed for 15-20 minutes. Then pat yourself dry. The lukewarm water bath will help you to balance your blood circulation and it will also calm your nerves.
8.) Gooseberry and Papaya Juice to Fall Asleep
Gooseberry and Papaya fruit juice is an effective remedy for reducing insomnia and to fall asleep. Extract the juice of gooseberry and papaya fruit. Consume it before going to bed. It will help you to get relief from sleeplessness.
9.) Yogurt to Fall Asleep Fast
Yogurt is one of the common, tastiest and known as the most efficient remedy for insomnia. Curd helps to treat insomnia efficiently. Consume 2-3 cups of curd daily.
10.) Warm Milk to Fall Asleep
Milk also works as a useful home remedy for insomnia and sleeplessness. Warm milk helps to improve insomnia and sleeplessness. For best results, you can add honey and cinnamon powder in a warm glass of milk and drink it before going to sleep. It will help you to get better sleep.
11.) Aniseed to Fall Asleep
Aniseed is known as the finest home remedy to reduce sleeplessness and insomnia. It helps to get proper sleep and helps to improve the sleepless condition. To follow this home remedy you need to heat 1 tsp of aniseed into half liters of water. Heat it for 15 minutes and then strain it. Consume it when it is hot. You can also add honey or milk into this mixture. Consume this mixture at bedtime.
12.) Herbal Oils to Fall Asleep
Herbal oils help in inducing the sound sleep. Massage your scalp before going to bed through hibiscus oil or any other oil. It will relax your mind and this will lead to proper sleep. Do not use this oil in winters.
13.) Follow a Bedtime Ritual to Fall Asleep
Whole idea of sleep depends on your brain. You need to train your brain and this is done when you develop a particular habit of something. Doing same things at a particular time daily will make your brain develop a habit. All you need to do is develop and follow a calming schedule every night before sleeping so that you can sleep easily and properly. It will also relax your body and release all the unnecessary stress of the day. Here are some ideas that you can follow to develop your bedtime schedule.
- Drinking a herbal tea may help you to release stress. It calms down the body and helps to fall asleep. Having a cup of an herbal tea means that you are telling your brain and body to calm down. You can read a book while sipping your favorite tea.
- It is a very nice feeling when you crawl clean and relaxed in the bed. Take a warm water bath every day before going to bed. This will make you fall asleep faster. All you need to do is add a few drops of lavender oil in your bath tub to enjoy the benefits of aromatherapy.
- Mediation is the best way to keep yourself stress free and your body healthy. It is the excellent way to clean your mind of all the negative thoughts that stops you from sleeping. Thinking can make you awake for many hours and that is why it is necessary to keep your mind free. Meditating for a few minutes daily will help you to sleep better.
- Read a book every night. It is one of the best therapies that you can go for. It not only calms down your mind but also takes you to another world. Your body becomes relaxed and you fall asleep faster.
14.) Stay Away from Technology to Fall Asleep
This is one of the best things that you can do to induce sleep is stay away from technology. One of the most common habits of most of the people is to keep the cell phone at an arm’s length. You are just not able to keep your phone at a side even at night. Till 12 it is very common for people using phone. Games, apps, music, social sites all are addiction which acts as a barrier in sleep. It is necessary to break this addiction. All you need to do is keep your phone on silent and away from your bed. The reason is that the blue light generated by these electronic devices cause delay in sleep. Do not keep your phone near your bed because it will only tempt you to check your phone again no matter whether you touch it for checking your last mail or play games or send messages or use any social networking sites. Remember, one extra minute wasting on phone can rob your one hour sleep. Also, make sure you turn off the television and other electronic devices on time.
15.) Avoid Afternoon Slowdown to Fall Asleep at Night
One of the main reasons of not able to sleep at night is that people sleep for long hours during the daytime. This can happen because of various reasons. Some of the reasons are listed below.
- You consume lunch that was loaded with carbohydrates. You need to make sure your lunch contains both carbohydrates and proteins because only carbohydrate makes you feel sleepy.
- Regular exercise is necessary in the morning to keep your energy levels high throughout the day. If you do not follow an exercise routine you will feel lethargic all day long.
- Processed and refined foods only make you feel sleepy. So it’s better to avoid processed foods to maintain your energy levels.
16.) Turn Your Bedroom into Your Sleep Sanctuary
This is one of the best methods to fall asleep fast. Here are some ideas that will help you to convert your bedroom in the perfect sleep sanctuary.
- Make sure there is no television in your bedroom. The blue light and the sound coming from the television affects your brain directly due to which you are unable to sleep. Keep your television in some other room of your home. Bedroom just means a bed where you brain and your sense organs may relax. Avoid watching television a few hours before you sleep.
- Right mattress is very necessary for a good night sleep. If your body is not comfortable then it will be difficult for you to sleep. You need to make sure that your body craves comfort on the mattress. All you need to do is invest in a high quality mattress.
- Clothes play a very important part in your sleep. Just imagine if you are asked to sleep in a jeans all night, will you be able to sleep properly? No, because your body needs relaxation and comfort. Your night wear should be light and comfortable. Wear fabrics that are soft and breathable. Clothes made of 100% cotton are a good choice.
- Make sure your room is dark and cool. In darkness, the body produces melatonin which helps in sleeping fast. There should not be much light in the room as it confuses the body clock. If you are afraid of darkness, then you can use a very dim night lamp. To create darkness in the room, you can use heavy curtains to block light or use a sleep mask. Another important factor is temperature. It is really very important to maintain a moderate or cool temperature in the room. People are able to sleep better in a little cool temperature.
- Do not keep snacks in your bedroom. You need to wind up your senses at night and not activate it because of food. Keeping snacks in the room will not only make your room dirty but also create disturbance in your brain. Avoid late night snacking and only reserve your bed for sleeping.
- Make sure you wash your bed sheets and pillow cases every week to prevent any skin reactions or allergies. It can disrupt your hormones. Green detergent is best for washing the bed sheets.
- Aromatherapy is one of the excellent ideas to fall asleep fast. It directly affects the nervous system and calms down the brain and body. Lighting a scented candle before going to sleep can actually help your brain a lot. It sends signals to the brain that it is time to wind up. You can use lavender, sandalwood or rose scented candles to get quick relief from stress and anxiety. Spray lavender scent on your pillow to get a good night sleep.
- The area where you sleep should be quiet and peaceful. You sleep fast and better when there is no distracting sounds. If you cannot avoid some sounds, then earplugs can be good option. Turn on some soothing music and have a good sleep.
17.) Almonds to Fall Asleep
This is one of the healthiest food items that can actually contribute in sleeping. The magnesium content in almonds relaxes the muscles and encourages sleep. When the level of magnesium is low in the body it becomes harder to sleep. Almonds also provide the body with proteins that maintains the blood sugar levels during sleeping. All you need to do is eat a handful of roasted almonds one hour before going to bed.
18.) Hard Boiled Eggs to Fall Asleep
If you find trouble in sleeping at night, then maybe it is due to deficiency of proteins in the body. You need to eat hard boiled eggs one hour before going to bed as eggs contain a high level of protein content. It also helps to get rid of acid reflux which makes sleeping difficult at night.
Some Other Essential Tips to Fall Asleep Fast:
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine before sleep.
- Try to avoid naps during day time.
- Try laying meditation.
- If you take naps during day time then try to avoid long duration naps during day time.
- Try to reduce your anxiety, stress, worry and depression level because these all lead to sleeplessness. So try to maintain your anxiety, stress, depression and worry through yoga. Do yoga once in a day.
- Your room must be clean, cool and quiet.
- Switch off your mobile phones, computer and other electronic screens, media and lights before going to bed.
- Stick to a regular nap schedule even on weekends.
- Eliminate irregular noise.
- Do meditation before sleeping.
- Get comfortable and lose sleepwear.
- Adjust the temperature of the room according to your comfort level.