After writing, how to treat malaria?, how to get rid of mosquito bites?, and how to get rid of mosquitos?, we are now writing the ways to recover from Chikungunya. It is an infection, transmitted to people through an infected mosquito bite. These contaminated mosquitoes can likewise convey different illnesses like dengue and yellow fever. Chikungunya infection is found all over the world. This includes the Caribbean, tropical zones of Asia, Africa, South America, and North America. There’s no cure or treatment for this disease. Rather, treatment concentrates on improving its symptoms. It’s essential to recognize the symptoms of Chikungunya, treat them and be aware of the inconveniences caused due to sickness. You can also refer the related article on our website which includes home remedies to treat dengue naturally. This will help you with other diseases caused due to a mosquito bite.
Signs and Symptoms of Chikungunya:
- Fever – The fever is Usually 102 to 105 degrees F and normally endures from 3 days up to a week. It can be Biphasic (where it disappears for a couple of days took after by a couple of days of a second rate fever (101-102 F). During this time, the infection gathers in your circulatory system, spreading to distinctive parts of the body.
- Joint Pain – You will notice the most pain in the little joints of the hand, wrist, lower legs, and bigger joints, similar to knees and shoulders, however not the hips. Up to 70% of individuals have pain in the neck that spreads from one joint on to the next after the past joint begins feeling better. The pain is typically more awful in the morning and is further enhanced with warm work out sessions. Your joints might likewise look swollen or feel delicate to the touch and you may have the aggravation of muscles. Joint pain as a rule for 1 to 3 weeks, with serious pain in the neck, enhances after the first week.
- Rash – Roughly, 40% to half of the patients experience a rash. The most widely recognized sort is a morbilliform ejection (maculopapular). These are red rashes with little overlying knocks that show up 3 to 5 days after the beginning of fever and die down inside after 3 to 4 days. More often the rash does not begin on the upper limbs took after by the face and torso. Look in the mirror with your shirt off and take note of any red uneven zones over a wide zone and whether they are itchy. Make a point to look at your back, back of the neck, and raise your arms to analyze your underarms.
Ways to Recover From Chikungunya Naturally:
- Ways to Recover From Chikungunya Naturally:
- Home Remedies To Recover From Chikungunya
- 1.) Perform Massage
- 2.) Use The Epsom Salt Soak
- 3.) Use Coconut Oil
- 4.) Follow Alkaline Diet
- 5.) Use Papaya Leaf
- 6.) Basil to Recover From Chikungunya
- 7.) Use Castor Oil
- 8.) Include Cinnamon in Your Diet
- 9.) Use Garlic Power
- 10.) Perform Cold Compress
- 11.) Have Some Turmeric
- 12.) Have Some Ginger Tea
- Exercises to Recover From Chikungunya:
- Follow The Ayurvedic Treatment:
- Follow Homeopathic Treatments
- Controlling Mosquito Population to Get Rid of Chikungunya
- How to Prevent Mosquito Bites?
There are no particular medicines for Chikungunya neither any vaccine that is presently accessible. Chikungunya is dealt with, symptomatically. Typically with bed rest, liquids, and solutions to ease the side effects of fever and joint pain. For example, ibuprofen, naproxen, acetaminophen, or paracetamol can be taken to ease the symptoms. Other painkillers should never be consumed as they can worsen the case. Patients should be protected from further mosquito exposure during the initial days of the disease, so they cannot add to the transmission cycle. Since Chikungunya is cured by a stimulated immune system, in all cases there is no compelling reason to stress.
Home Remedies To Recover From Chikungunya
1.) Perform Massage
Massage is one of the best methods to get rid of chikungunya. You can give massage to painful area. Give massage oil with kind of oil like such coconut oil, sesame oil or mustard oil.
- Gently apply the warm oil of your choice on the painful area. Apply pressure on the area by using both the thumbs for a few minutes. Repeat this process a few times daily until the pain subsides.
- Alternatively, you can warm up any of the effective oil and add pinch of cinnamon powder in it. Mix it well and apply the paste on the affected area for few minutes. Do this 2-3 times in a day.
2.) Use The Epsom Salt Soak
Epsom salt helps to get rid from pain. In Epsom salt, the magnesium sulfate helps to prevent the pain, swelling and inflammation. However, the heat of the warm water promotes relaxation and also improves the blood circulation.
- Filled you bathtub lukewarm water, thoroughly mix 1 cup of Epsom salt and baking soda in it. You just have to soak your body for 15 minutes and enjoy the bath every other day.
- For some areas, fill the bowl with lukewarm water and mix in 1 tablespoon of Epsom salt. You just have to soak the affected area for 5 minutes. Repeat this 4-5 times in a day.
3.) Use Coconut Oil
When you are suffering from chikungunya, your body becomes weak and lack of energy. As the coconut water contains a good source of carbohydrates and also help you to lift your body level. Coconut water is also help you to recover from chikungungya as it detoxify your liver. It also has alkalizing effect that restore a healthy pH in body and also prevents dehydration. You just have to drink 3-4 glasses of water in a day. Drink only fresh and pure water over the bottle versions to reap the maximum benefits.
4.) Follow Alkaline Diet
Alkaline diet helps to reduce the pain and improve overall health only if you are eating alkaline diet. This diet help to maintain a proper pH level in the body, which is very important to reduce and inflammation.
- Add food which is rich in vitamin C and are high in anti-oxidants. Mix half a lemon in a cup of water to boost your body’s alkalinity. Drink this mixture 2-3 times daily in a day.
- You can eat plenty of green leafy vegetables which are high in E and iron content. Drink 2-3 cups of green tea daily to reduce inflammation and pain.
- Get away from animal based foods, sugar processed foods, caffeinated drink, alcohol and refined grains.
5.) Use Papaya Leaf
Papaya leaf is effective in treating fever. It also helps to increase the blood platelets that usually go down during the high fever. This eventually leads to an early recovery making it as one of the best remedy for fast recovery from Chikungunya. Take some fresh papaya leaves and crush them to extract the juice. Drink 3-4 tsp of this juice thrice a day to get rid of Chikungunya fast.
6.) Basil to Recover From Chikungunya
Basil is also a best remedy for fast recovery from Chikungunyan. It consists of active anti-oxidants that help to boost the immune system and reduce the Chikungunya recovery time. All you need to do is simply take some fresh basil leaves and clean them with water. This is to remove any bacteria from its surface. Now, chew the leaves. Repeat this remedy thrice a day to treat Chikungunya.
7.) Use Castor Oil
Castor oil is also helpful to treat the joint pain caused due to Chikungunya. The fever results into extreme joint pain which continues even after the patient completely heals. The warm base of Castor oil gives a soothing feel when applying over the aching joints. This makes it as the best remedy for fast recovery from Chikungunya. All you need to do is warm some castor oil and add ½ pinch of cinnamon powder into it. Apply this mixture on your joints and give a gentle massage. Repeat the remedy 2-3 times a day for an early recovery.
8.) Include Cinnamon in Your Diet
Cinnamon is rich in nutrients that are necessary for your body. It consists of anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties making it as one of the best remedy for fast recovery from Chikungunya. Include cinnamon in your diet. In addition, you can also mix cinnamon powder with warm water and drink it for proper nutrition. It is one of the best home remedy to get rid of Chikungunya naturally.
9.) Use Garlic Power
Garlic is another great home remedy for fighting the symptoms of Chikungunya. It consists of natural anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidants properties and also helps to enhances the immune system with its soothing properties. You can simply chomp some fresh garlic cloves daily in the morning. Alternatively, heat some mustard oil and crush some garlic cloves in it. Now, apply this oil mixture gently on your joints and massage to get rid of pain fast.
10.) Perform Cold Compress
Using a cold compress is the best remedy for fast recovery from joint pain. This because it helps to reduce the inflammation and intensity of pain. Simply wrap a few ice cubes in a washcloth. Hold it over an aching joint for a few minutes. Repeat this remedy couple of times a day to treat the joint pain.
11.) Have Some Turmeric
Apart from being a popular spice, turmeric is also the best remedy to recover from various diseases. It has curcumin which is a strong antioxidant that exhibits natural anti-inflammatory properties. This makes it as an effective remedy to cure joint pains. It also has natural antibacterial properties which will help to ease other symptoms of the disease. Simply mix turmeric powder in a glass of warm water or milk. Drink it twice a day to get better results.
12.) Have Some Ginger Tea
Another best remedy for fast recovery from Chikungunya on the list is Ginger. It provides your body with analgesic effects which help to treat the disease without any side effects.The natural anti-inflammatory properties of ginger helps to lower joint pain that is a result of viral infection. All you need to so is simply prepare ginger tea. Boil a few freshly crushes ginger roots in water. Steep for a few minutes and then drink. Repeat the remedy twice daily for effective results.
Exercises to Recover From Chikungunya:
You should perform smooth activities so you don’t over stress your muscle or joint pains. Try to consult a physician for a few physiotherapy sessions This can help support your muscles around the joints which can decrease pain and stiffness. Attempt to practice in the morning when your joints are firm and tender. Attempt some of these basic exercises:
- Sit on a seat. Stretch out one leg parallel to the floor and hold for 10 seconds before bringing down your leg with the sole level on the floor. Do likewise with the other leg. Repeat this a few times each day, doing 2 to 3 sets of 10 repetitions for each leg.
- Try standing on your toes with both feet near one another and place your heels up and down. Hold for a few seconds and release.
- Turn to your side. Raise one leg upwards and hold for a few seconds before bringing it down on your other leg. Do this 10 times for each leg. Perform a set of 10 raised for every leg a few times a day.
- You can likewise do your own particular low-affect aerobic exercise. The thought is not to indulge you into forceful movements or heavy weight lifts.
Follow The Ayurvedic Treatment:
Ayurvedic strategies are doing miracles in treating Chikungunya fever. In Ayurveda, the patient’s body is given with the necessary resistance to combat the disease. Herbs that provide relief to the symptoms of chikungunya fever include:
- Triphala – It is a decent medication for Chikungunya which is an ayurvedic combination of three organic products, in particular Harde Whole, Gooseberry, and Terminalia Bellirica.
- Grapes – Dry and seedless grapes, when taken with cow’s milk, help to ease the harmful side effects of Chikungunya.
- Carrot – When taken in raw, carrots expands the individual’s resistance experiencing Chikungunya.
- Hallowed Basil – Basil leaves are effective in diminishing the Chikungunia fever.
- Sunflower Seeds – Sunflower seeds, when consumed with honey, is a decent supplement for Chikungunya patients.
Other successful ayurvedic arrangements incorporate Sudarshan corona and Yogi Raj Guggulu. Many people question the effectiveness of ayurvedic solutions for the complete treatment of Chikungunya. However, there are people swearing on the effectiveness of ayurvedic medicines, to treat Chikungunya.
Follow Homeopathic Treatments
Homeopathy offers numerous drugs that are useful for the treatment of Chikungunya fever. Some of them include:
Among the above enlisted drugs, Eupatorium-perf is possibly a preventive solution for Chikungunya. Homeopathic solutions tend to lower the intensity and treat an aggravating joint pain in the neck. The pharmaceuticals’ strength relies on upon the fever’s intensity and the indications.
Controlling Mosquito Population to Get Rid of Chikungunya
1.) Know How Chikungunya Fever is Contracted
You should know that the virus that cause chikungunya fever that comes from the genus Alphavirus. The virus get in contact in human through mosquito bites, mostly commonly those of the Aedes aegypti mosquito.
Other than then chikungunya, the Aedes Aegypti mosquito can transmit other disease like yellow fever and dengue. You can easily identify Aedes aegypti mosquito that can be identified with white marking on legs and body. Originally, the mosquito was only found in the Africa, but now you can find them in subtropical and tropical regions across the globe. As mosquito get attracted to human as they emitted certain chemical compound from the body like ammonia, carbon dioxide, lactic acid and octenol.
2.) Aware About Mosquito Behavior
To prevent chikungunya, fever and dengue, then you should know the behavior of mosquito. The Aedes aegypti mosquito is generally active during the early and late hours of the day.
Mosquito can bite anytime and in any season. In addition to this, Aedes aegypti is more common in the dark, shady areas and indoor. The most common area for Aedes aegypti is stagnant water. These areas are: water found in discarded tyres, flower vase, unconvered barrels and others. The lifespan of Aedes aegypti is upto one month and their eggs can resist in heat and cold. This mosquito can make comeback after the summer and winter.
3.) Target All The Breeding Grounds
If you really want to get rid of chikungunya, then you need to go directly to the breeding ground and eliminate the as many mosquitoes and eggs to prevent chikungunya. The most common area where you can find Aedes aegypti is in the standing water. So the first step is open containers of water around the home. Check if any reservoir of water around your home or backward that may serve as a place for mosquitoes to reproduce. It includes discarded tires, can, rain gutters, flower vases, drums and more.
4.) Maintain General Cleaning
To get rid of these problems, you need to aware about the female Aedes aegypti that are attracted to bacteria found in the stagnant water. So clean your surroundings to prevent stagnant water, therefore fewer mosquitoes.
Cleanliness is the way to destroy the home of mosquitoes and prevent diseases. Therefore it’s necessary to maintain the cleanliness; especially you should clean your drainage system. Also aware about stagnant rivers, canals or creeks also serve as breeding grounds for these mosquitoes. Even if the rivers or creeks are filled with plants and garbage that stops the flow of water, you should make efforts with community to implement the clearing program which will get the water flowing again.
5.) Add Fish in Ponds or Any Other Water Bodies
Fish are best in keeping the bodies under control. Since ponds and other water bodies of water may attract the Aedes Aegypti . When you add fish or any other water bodies in the pound that will attract mosquitoes and it will also decrease number of eggs and larvae as they will eaten by the fish. This method serves as the best solution to get rid of mosquitoes.
You can add, the most common fish that feeds mosquitoes is the Gambusia affinis which is popular known as mosquito’s fish. You can go with other fish like minnow, tilapia, killfish and carp. Alternatively, you can increase the population of other animals that eats mosquitoes. Include lizards, geckos, bats, frogs, birds, dragonflies and other.
6.) Try Mosquito Traps
Mosquito traps also include artificial breeding ground for the Aedes Aegypti mosquito. On these traps, mosquitoes will leave their eggs; these eggs can be destroyed manually or special chemicals can added to the traps to kill the larvae.
The most common trap is lethal ovitrap. Originally this type of trap is generally use to count the mosquito populations, but later scientist found that the adding chemical to the trap can also kill both the eggs and larva. Legal ovitraps are effectively used to protect against the chikungunya, dengue, yellow fever and west Nile virus. A light trap is another mosquito device. A blue or violet colored UV lights is used to attract the mosquitoes. Once the mosquito gets trapped, it will either electrocute or are caught in the sticky board.
How to Prevent Mosquito Bites?
1.) Try to Cover Your Body
You can also protect your body with mosquito bites by wearing protective cloths, such long pants and long sleeved shirts. Always wear good material of cloths to prevent the mosquito bites from penetrating from the cloths.
In humid weather, try to choose loose clothing which allows air to circulate around your body. Loose clothing will also create space between your clothing and skin which makes difficult for mosquito to reach your skin. As mosquito get attracted to body heat, so it’s a good option for light colored clothing that doesn’t absorb too much heat and which makes the body cool.
2.) Try Fabric Detergent
You can also get rid of chikungunya by using a detergent that contain mosquito repellent. So when you wash your cloth with this detergent then your cloth will repel mosquitoes while you wear them. You can also spray mosquito repellent on your cloth to get rid of chikungunya.
3.) Use Mosquito Net
Use mosquito net especially while you are sleeping. You can get rid of chikungunya by hanging mosquito nets around your bed will prevent getting bitten while sleeping. For better result, you can add further protection like you can use mosquito net that are chemical treated with insect repellent. You can also think about adding insects screen to your window and doors. It will help to prevent mosquitoes coming out from the house through open spaces.
4.) Mosquito Repellent Lotions and Sprays
While try mosquito repellent lotions and spray which contain at-least 30% to 50% of DEET. But, remember higher percentage may result in skin irritation. If you are sunscreen at the same time as mosquito repellent, so make sure you should apply sunscreen first then repellent after. Otherwise you won’t get the result. You should know that the mosquito repellent contains ingredient called ‘’picaridin’’. It should only have 15% of this ingredient to avoid skin irritation.
Further Tips to Prevent Chikungunya:
- Walking or being outside after sunshine hours. In spite of the fact that mosquitoes can bite at whatever time, top chikungunya action is during day hours.
- Wearing long sleeve garments to secure your body. However, much as could reasonably be expected from mosquitoes.
- Try wearing light shaded garments to effortlessly identify mosquitoes and different bugs on your clothes.
- Rest in a mosquito net protected bed during the evening, to protect from mosquitoes. Utilizing anti-agents with more than 20% DEET.
- Other active ingredients keep the creepy insects include Eucalyptus oil and Picaridin. Generally, the higher the effectiveness of an active ingredient, the more it works.