In this article, we will talk about home remedies for an abscessed tooth treatment. Infections are common among all species. Talking about humans we have been suffering from all kinds of these problems from ages. They can affect any of the body parts and can wreck havoc. They can affect our skin, our internal organs, our blood but the most painful is when they affect our teeth. One such frequent dental infection is called an abscessed tooth.
The abscessed tooth may be defined as the infection in the root and gums of teeth, caused due to extreme tooth decay. It is characterised by extreme swelling and pain in the gums. The infection can spread around fast if not checked. Hence, we present to you one of the best ways to treat abscessed tooth at home.
Symptoms of an Abscessed Tooth:
- Extreme Fever
- Sensitive teeth especially when you eat something hot or cold.
- Bad Breath
- Swelling of the mouth
- Bitter taste like sensation in the mouth.
- Inflammation of the Gums and Root
- Swelling up of the throat.
- Uneasy feeling.
Causes of an Abscessed Tooth:
- No proper dental health.
- Lack of fluoride consumption.
- Lack of saliva in the mouth.
- Not drinking enough water.
- Consuming tobacco or smoking.
Home Remedies for an Abscessed Tooth Treatment:
- Home Remedies for an Abscessed Tooth Treatment:
- 1.) Turmeric as a Home Remedy for Abscessed Tooth
- 2.) Oil Pulling as a Home Remedy for Abscessed Tooth
- 3.) Peppermint oil as a Home Remedy for Abscessed Tooth
- 4.) Garlic as a Home Remedy for Abscessed Tooth
- 5.) Salt water as a Home Remedy for Abscessed Tooth
- 6.) Apple Cider Vinegar as a Home Remedy for Abscessed Tooth
- 7.) Papaya as a Home Remedy for Abscessed Tooth
- 8.) Green Tea as a Home Remedy for Abscessed Tooth
- 9.) Baking Soda as a Home Remedy for Abscessed Tooth
- 10.) Olive Oil as a Home Remedy for Abscessed Tooth
1.) Turmeric as a Home Remedy for Abscessed Tooth
One of the most renowned medicinal spice used around the world, turmeric is here for the win. It’s natural antibiotic and healing properties can help get rid of the infection developing inside your mouth. The treatment process is simple and the mixture can easily be prepared. All you have to do is
- Mix turmeric powder with warm water.
- Prepare the mixture well to prepare a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected tooth and leave it there for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Wash it up later and you will be relieved from the pain and infection in the coming days.
- Continue it on a regular basis.
2.) Oil Pulling as a Home Remedy for Abscessed Tooth
This has lately been researched to be great for dental healthy, although it has been used in India for centuries now. All you have to do is use any good essential oil and start gushing it all over the affected your affected teeth. Move it everywhere more like gargling but not on the throat side. Make sure you don’t swallow the oil. Do it and then brush your teeth. Keep doing and you shall be fine in no time.
3.) Peppermint oil as a Home Remedy for Abscessed Tooth
We all know the antiseptic properties of peppermint as it is a common remedy for bad breath. It can be effective in the case of abscessed tooth as well. There are two ways to use it to get rid of the infection. One of the methods involves taking a cotton ball and dipping it in peppermint oil. Now massage the infected tooth with the cotton. Wash it later for relief.
You can also boil peppermint leaves and then can consume the resultant tea for long term dental benefits.
4.) Garlic as a Home Remedy for Abscessed Tooth
Garlic is one among the most effective ways to get rid of abscessed tooth. That is because of the fact that it is full of anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties which are fit for your teeth and bad for the bacteria in your mouth. To use this remedy follow the process below:
- Mash up a few garlic cloves and prepare a paste.
- Apply the paste over the teeth and gums.
- Leave it there for some time and wash it later.
- You can also prepare ginger tea by boiling it in water.
- Both the processes work fine.
5.) Salt water as a Home Remedy for Abscessed Tooth
A lot of your toothpaste brands come with a promise of containing salt. If they are making you pay for its refined form, that means it is effective in its raw form too. Add Epsom salt or raw salt in warm water. Stir the mixture well and gargle your teeth with the mixture. Keep doing it for some time and there will be instant relief.
6.) Apple Cider Vinegar as a Home Remedy for Abscessed Tooth
For dental hygiene and bacteria-busting properties use apple cider vinegar. Trust me, if this is not in your home then you know nothing about home remedies. To treat abscessed tooth using vinegar, just flush your teeth with the same every morning. Do it every day and brush your teeth later for better results. You can even mix 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar in warm water and can consume it for dental hygiene.
7.) Papaya as a Home Remedy for Abscessed Tooth
Papaya, yes for some reason I love this name. Not only that, I love the healthy properties of this tropical fruit. It helps keep your body cool while getting rid of the bacteria. Mash up the flesh of a freshly cut papaya fruit and prepare a paste. Apply the paste over the infected tooth and place it there for 2-3 hours. Wash it later and you will notice improvements.
8.) Green Tea as a Home Remedy for Abscessed Tooth
The natural, herbal fluid can maintain your overall health. It targets all parts of your body and something or the other benefits from it. You can consume green tea or any herbal tea every day for 2- 3 times in a day to get rid of the infection. It will cure abscessed tooth and provide your mouth with long lasting freshness.
9.) Baking Soda as a Home Remedy for Abscessed Tooth
You would wonder how baking soda can help in dental health. The truth is that it helps maintain the pH levels of the mouth, which have been disturbed because of the infection. As the chemical balance gets restored, it makes it inhabitable for the bacteria to survive. Just prepare a paste of baking soda and water. Dip a cotton ball in the mixture and place it in the mouth for 2-3 hours. Make sure not to swallow it. Wash it up after some time and notice the relief.
10.) Olive Oil as a Home Remedy for Abscessed Tooth
The power of olive oil has been well researched and proven. To use it to cure abscessed tooth, just dip a cotton ball in olive oil. Massage the ball gently over the affected tooth and keep doing it every day. There will finally come a time when you get rid of the infection for good.