This article is about different ways to get rid of a sinus infection. Sinus infection is swelling and inflammation of the sinus. It is caused by the attack of a bacteria and virus. It is basically triggered by cold. It gets stimulated by the formation of mucus, which blocks the sinus. Sinuses are the air filled sacs behind the cheekbones and forehead. When these are filled with fluid and germs, they cause infection. Sinus infection is not a serious problem, and thus it can be treated easily at home. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the best remedies for sinus infection treatment. Read the article and learn about the remedies to get rid of a sinus infection.
Symptoms of Sinus Infection:
Here are the symptoms that will help you identify a sinus infection:
Methods to Get Rid of a Sinus Infection:
As said above, sinus infection is not a serious problem but it can affect your routine badly and make you feel restless. Thus, it needs to be treated well. Here are some of the best methods that can be used to get rid of sinus infection. Methods to get rid of a sinus infection are:
1.) Nasal Irrigation to Get Rid of a Sinus Infection
Nasal irrigation should be first step taken to get rid of sinus infection. This is one of the most primitive and also one of the most effective remedies used to treat sinus infection. It clears off the mucus and thus treats the nasal congestion. What you have to do is:
- Take a glass of distilled warm water.
- Add a teaspoon of sea salt and half tea spoon of hydrogen peroxide.
- With help of a bulb syringe, use this solution to irrigate the nose.
- Repeat the method once daily to get the best results.
- Take a glass of distilled warm water and a teaspoon of canning salt to it.
- Also add a pinch of baking soda.
- Mix it well and use the solution for nasal irrigation.
- Repeat it twice a day for a week.
2.) Onion to Get Rid of a Sinus Infection
Onion is an amazing remedy that can be used to get rid of a sinus infection. It works as a natural decongestants and clears the mucus, opening the sinuses. It also contains sulfur compound, which is useful at fighting off the bacteria. What you have to do is:
- Take a pot of water and bring it to boil.
- Chop an onion and add it to boiling water.
- Allow it to boil for 5 minutes.
- Inhale the vapor for a few minutes.
- Now, strain the solution, discard the leftover onions.
- Drink the solution.
- Repeat the remedy thrice a week for best results.
3.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of a Sinus Infection
Apple cider vinegar is used for treating a number of health related problems. There are a number of benefits of apple cider vinegar. It is widely used for weight loss and is an amazing remedy for skin such as blackheads, acne, whiteheads, pimples, melasma, hyper pigmentation, brown spots, etc. It also help you get lighter skin. It is also an amazing remedy for nasal infection. It combats the symptoms of flu, cold and allergies. Being rich in different properties like antiviral, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti fungal in nature, it treats the above mentioned problems easily. It is great for sinus infection as well. What you have to do is:
- Take a cup of warm water and 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Add a teaspoon of honey to it and drink it.
- Repeat the process a few times a day.
4.) Cayenne Pepper to Get Rid of a Sinus Infection
Cayenne Pepper is also one of the most amazing remedies used to get rid of a sinus infection. It is great at treating stuffy nose. Also it boosts immunity. It also reduces swelling and inflammation. Improving blood circulation is also a part of its properties. What you have to do is mix 1 tsp of cayenne pepper in a glass of warm water and drink it. What else you can do is:
- Take a teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Add equal amount of honey to it and mix well.
- Consume this daily to get best results.
5.) Garlic to Get Rid of a Sinus Infection
Garlic is rich in different properties that is helpful in getting rid of a sinus infection. This is one of the best remedies in order to get rid of a sinus infection. It is antibacterial in nature that is helpful in treating the infection caused by the bacteria. What you have to do is drink a bowl of soup prepared with garlic. You can also add onion and cayenne pepper. Or, what you can do is:
- Take three to four garlic cloves and chop them well.
- Boil a pot of water and add chopped cloves to it.
- Bring the water to boil and inhale the steam.
- Repeat a few times daily for best results.
6.) Lemon Juice to Get Rid of a Sinus Infection
Lemon juice is also among the most awesome remedies used to get rid of a sinus infection. Lemon is rich in vitamin C and thus help in treating a number of health related problems. It is widely used for weight loss. You can use it to get rid of sinus infection. What you have to do is:
- Take a glass of warm water and slice a lemon.
- Now, add the lemon juice to it.
- Also add a teaspoon of honey to it.
- Drink the solution.
- Repeat daily for best results.
7.) Steam to Get Rid of a Sinus Infection
Steam is also one of the best ways to treat a sinus infection. It helps your get rid of nasal congestion and stuffy nose, both are the symptoms of infection. Steam helps works on the membranes of nose and thus pushes the mucus down and gives you relief from sinus infection. What you have to do is:
- Take a pot of water and bring it to boil.
- When the water has boiled completely, keep on the table.
- Take your face over steam and dab your head with a towel.
- Now, inhale steam.
- Be careful and do not inhale quickly to avoid burns.
8.) Tomato to Get Rid of a Sinus Infection
Tomato is widely used to make skin lighter. Tomato is rich in vitamin A that can be used very effective in avoid sinus infection. Vitamin A can also be very helpful in clearing the membrane. It repairs the mucus membrane efficiently. What you can do is:
- Boil a cup of tomato juice in a saucepan.
- Remove it from heat and add lemon juice to it.
- Also add some chopped garlic to it.
- Mix it well and drink it.
9.) Horseradish to Get Rid of a Sinus Infection
Horseradish can also be used as an effective remedy to get rid of a sinus infection. It is rich in sulfur that treats the mucus membrane. What you have to do is:
- Take a pinch of horseradish and put it your mouth for some time.
- When the taste dissipates and swallow it.
- Repeat it a few times a day for best results.
10.) Eucalyptus Oil to Get Rid of a Sinus Infection
Eucalyptus oil is also an amazing remedy to get rid of sinus infection. It has been used to treat a number of health related problems. Also, it makes the respiratory system stronger enough to fight off many problems. What you have to do is:
- Take a handkerchief and put a few drops of eucalyptus oil in it.
- Inhale it whenever you requires.