In this article we will discuss different ways to get six pack abs. Appearance is the first thing that we care about most. It should be taken care because a person is generally judged by his appearance. Everyone wants to have a good physique and where there is a will, there is always a way. A girl desires a zero figure and a boy runs after six pack abs. Getting a zero figure requires proper dieting and building six pack abs require dedication. If you are dedicated towards work out, then you can surely have six pack abs. It requires a lot of hard work, good diet, regular work out and most of all, it requires patience. To achieve the body shape that you have always wished for, you also need the right advice. If you do not know the right way you can get to some other place. Same is the case with the work out. You should be aware of the do’s and don’ts of work out and exercises. So, we here provide you with some of the ways to get six pack abs in less time.
(A) Exercise to Get Six Pack Abs at Home:
1.) Sit-Ups & Medicine Ball to Get Six Pack Abs at Home
Sit-ups and medicine ball is one of the best exercises to get six packs at home. This exercise works effectively on your internal and external obliques, transversus abdominis, rectus abdominis. Here iare the steps to do it.
Steps to Perform Sit-Ups & Medicine Ball:
- Lie flat on your backs on the floor.
- Bend your knees in 90 degrees and keep your feet flat on the ground.
- Hold a medicine ball over your head while lying.
- Now, lift yourself up (keep holding the ball) in a sitting position.
- Do 4 sets of 8-12 reps each.
- Make it more challenging by doing it on an incline board. You can increase the weight of the ball for better results.
2.) Dead Bug to Build Six Pack Abs
Another fine exercise to get six pack abs fast is dead bug. This exercise works on your internal and external obliques and transverse abdominis.
Steps to Do Dead Bug Exercise:
- Lie flat on your back on the ground.
- Keep your leg raised and knee bent over hips and calves at 90 degree parallel to the floor.
- Raise your arms toward ceiling over your face. Palm facing forward.
- Keep your abdominal muscles tight.
- Exhale while lowering your right arm and straightening your left leg toward the floor.
- At the same time bring your right leg near your chest.
- Do not lift your lower back at any point of time while performing this exercise.
- Repeat it alternatively on both the sides.
- 4 sets of 8-12 reps each.
3.) Bicycle Crunches to Build Six Pack Abs Fast
Like dead bug, Bicycle crunch exercise also works on your transverse abdominis, internal and external obliques.
Steps to Perform Bicycle Crunches:
- Lie flat on the ground and keep your lower back pressed to the surface.
- Interlace fingers behind your head.
- Raise legs and bend knee over your hips and calves. Keep them parallel to the floor.
- First, Bring legs toward your chest.
- Secondly, Lift your shoulder blades off the floor. Extend your left leg straight forming a 45-degree angle from the floor.
- Thirdly, turn your upper body to the right side and bring left elbow toward the left knee.
- Do this exercise with opposite arm and leg. You will feel like riding a bicycle.
- Do 8-12 reps in each 4 sets.
4.) Toe Dip Technique to Get Six Pack Abs
Toe dip technique is another ideal exercise to build six pack abs fast. This exercise focus more on transversus abdominis. Here are the steps to do it.
Steps to Perform Toe Dip Exercise:
- Lean back on your elbow with shoulder blade down and together.
- Slide hands under your lower back, palm facing the floor.
- Bend knees over your hips at an angle of 90-degree, parallel to the floor.
- Keep your abdominal muscles tight.
- Now, inhale and let your left toe touch the ground. Exhale and return back to the position.
- Do not move your knee at all while doing this exercise.
- Repeat the exercise with both the legs.
5.) Kneeling Crunch to Get Six Pack Abs
Kneeling crunch exercise focuses on the abdominal muscle by squeezing and stretching these muscles.
Steps to Do Kneeling Crunch:
- Take a dog position. Keep your knee bent at 90-degree angle under your hips.
- Keep elbow straight under your shoulder. Palms touching floor.
- Now, lift your left arm off the ground. Maintain posture with your right arm.
- Inhale and extend your right leg backward and left hand forward up to your hip level.
- Exhale, contract abs and bring back left elbow and right knee toward each other under your abdominal area.
- Repeat alternately for 8-12 reps in each 4 set.
(B) Diet to Get Six Pack Abs Naturally:
1.) Eat Less at Night to Get Six Pack Abs Fast
If you eat late in the night, the energy converted by the food does not get completely metabolized. This incomplete metabolization turns into fat and get stored in the body. This is because we all are less active during night as compared to the day. Less active tends to result in more unused calories piling up in your body. These unused calories later on get stored as fat in the body. You must avoid this habit in order to get six pack abs.
- To avoid this habit, eat a large meal in your lunch or snack up healthily before your dinner.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables would work fine to eat before dinner. This will make you eat less at night. And remember not to over eat ever.
- Drinking a glass of water or tea before dinner will make you feel full.
- By this way you will consume fewer calories in your dinner.
2.) Never Skip Breakfast to Build Six Pack Abs
You should never skip your breakfast in order to consume fewer calories to get six pack abs. According to a study people who skip their breakfast ends up eating more calories later in the day due to the increased hunger by skipping breakfast. Timely breakfast will keep your hunger controlled.
- Eat lean protein in morning like egg white, turkey, yogurt, flax seed, banana etc.
- Avoid sugary cereals, white bread, smoothies etc.
3.) Boost Metabolism to Get Six Pack Abs Naturally
It is necessary to maintain your metabolism for a healthy body and also to get six pack abs. With a slow metabolism, it will be very difficult to get six pack abs fast. For a high and steady metabolism, avoid following foods:
- Refined Carbs like pasta, rice, white bread etc.
- Sugary foods as they slows down your metabolism.
- Fatty foods or junk food like fried and oily food.
(C) Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle to Get Six Pack Abs Fast and Naturally
1.) Adequate Sleep to Get Six Pack Abs
Sleeping is as much important as exercise and food to get six pack abs. Improper sleep affects your hormones, which in result, hampers your appetite. Lack of sleep can make you lethargic all day and can also make you feel less energetic. This can result in increased weight and other health problems. For a healthy body you must sleep for 6-8 hours at least.
2.) Stay Stress Free to Get Six Pack Abs
Stress affects your healthy eating habits badly. There can be a hormonal imbalance reason behind your stress. Cortisol is a hormone responsible for maintaining following:
- Blood pressure,
- Healthy metabolism
- Blood sugar
- Fat and carbohydrate
Any imbalance in this hormone can result in increased weight and can divert you from your target to get six pack abs. Stress is a part of our life. But, keeping it under control is your duty in order to live healthy and happily.