When you walk, suddenly you feel pain on your feet. Then you see there is a small circle which is hard and thickened on your feet. This small circle is known as corn, which is due to wearing ill fitted footwears and not wearing socks. There are very simple home remedies for corns on feet which helps to counter corn naturally and effectively.
Corns and calluses are formed by the pressure on the skin and consequently of rubbing. Corns are hard and thickened areas of skin. It usually occurs on the feet, toes and hands, which are painful and creates problems. Corns often occur on the feet, especially on the sides and tops of the toes, between the toes and on the soles of your feet. Corns can develop on any parts of the body. There are other factors also that can cause corn such as walking without wearing shoes, high heels and wearing shoes without socks. Some of the symptoms of corns include pain on the feet, hard raised bumps and thick and rough skin. Corns also cause discomfort while walking or standing. The best way to heal the corns is to eliminate the source of friction or pressure. You can take over the counter medicines, lotions and corn caps to treat them. But there are also some home remedies and natural remedies that will help you to get rid of corns on feet at home.
Symptoms of Corns on Feet:
- A thick and hardened area of skin.
- Bump on the affected area of the skin.
- Dry and flaky skin
- Pain under your skin
Causes of Corns on Feet:
- Wearing ill-fitting shoes- High heels and tight shoes make pressure on your foot. When your footwear is too loose, your foot may slide repeatedly and rub against the shoe.
- Skipping socks- If you are wearing footwears without socks, which can cause friction on your feet. Unfit socks can be a problem.
Home Remedies for Corns on Feet:
These home remedies will prevent corn on your foot.
1.) Turpentine Oil for Corns on Feet
Being an antiseptic, turpentine oil is very strong that can treat corns. The oil penetrates into the skin and heals the corn quickly.
Steps to Use Turpentine Oil to Treat Corns on Feet at Home:
- Dab a cotton ball in turpentine oil and put it to the corn.
- Use a bandage to cover it and leave it overnight.
- Repeat this treatment until the corns falls off.
2.) Garlic as a Home Remedy to Treat Corns on Feet
Garlic has medicinal properties which help to treat a wide range of diseases. It is one of the powerful home remedies for corns on feet that promote fast recovering. Being an antioxidant garlic fight the bacterial and fungal infections and remove the root of the corn.
Steps to Use Garlic to Get Rid of Corns on Feet Naturally:
- Make a paste of few garlic cloves.
- Apply it to the corn and then cover it with a bandage or a clean cloth overnight.
- Next morning, rinse your feet with warm water.
- Repeat this treatment every night to get desired results.
3.) Lemon Juice to Cure Corns on Feet Fast & Naturally
Lemon juice acts as a bleach which helps in lightening blemishes, suntans, dark spots, and acne scars. It is one of the best home remedies for treating corns on feet. Due to having citric acid in the lemon juice helps in softens the hard upper layer of the corns.
Steps to Use Lemon to Remove Corns on Feet Fast:
- Extract some juice from lemon and apply it on the corn. Keep it to dry.
- Repeat it as many times until you get relief from corn.
4.) Chamomile Tea and Epsom salt for Corns on Feet
The combination of chamomile tea and Epsom salt is an effective treatment for healing corn. It softens the dead skin cells that form the calluses and corn and can be eliminated by the use of a pumice stone.
Steps to Use Chamomile and Epsom Salt to Heal Corns on Feet:
- Add a handful of Epsom salt and some chamomile tea in warm water.
- Soak your foot in this solution for ten minutes.
- By using a pumice stone rub the top layer of the corn.
- This remedy takes a time to heal the corn, but it is the best way to remove the whole corn.
5.) Baking soda to Get Rid of Corns on Feet Fast
Baking soda is the best solution for all skin and hair related problems. Being a natural exfoliating agent, it helps to soften the hard layer of the corn and also helpful in the healing process. As it contains antibacterial and antifungal properties which prevent skin infections.
Steps to Use Baking Soda to Cure Corns on Feet:
- Add 3 tbsp of baking soda in a warm water.
- Soak your corn in this solution for 15 minutes.
- By using a pumice stone rub the corns softly.
- You can also prepare a paste of lemon juice and baking soda and apply this solution on the corns.
- Before bedtime cover it with a bandage.
6.) Pineapple for the Treatment of Corns on Feet
Pineapple is exotic fruits which are used in smoothies, cocktails, fruit juices and mock tails and also has medicinal uses. It is one of the best remedies for treating corns on feet at home. Use pineapple peels instead of using flesh for the treatment of corn.
Steps to Use Pineapple to Prevent Corns on Feet Fast:
- Chop the pineapple peel into small pieces.
- Apply the inner part of the peel on the corn and cover it with a bandage.
- Keep it overnight and remove the bandage next morning.
- Apply coconut oil to moisturize the area.
- Repeat this procedure every night until the corn falls off.
7.) Papaya to Get Rid of Corns on Feet Fast & Naturally
Use ripe papaya as a popular ingredient for skin care that is used for natural fruit facial masks for glowing skin. Ripe papaya is one of the best home remedies for corn removal. Due to having numerous enzymes it removes the dead skin cells, which forms the corn.
Steps to Use Papaya to Cure Corns on Feet Fast:
- Crush a small piece of raw papaya to extract the juice.
- Dab a cotton ball in this juice, then apply it to the corn.
- Leave it for the whole night.
- Next morning, scrub the corn with a pumice stone.
- Repeat this treatment daily until you get relief in corn.
8.) Onions for Corns Removal
Onions contain antibacterial properties which make it one of the best home remedies for corn as it breaks down the hard and dry skin which reduce the risk of infections.
Steps to Use Onions to Treat Corns on Feet Fast:
- Cut onion into slices and put it in a bowl.
- Then pour vinegar in it and store it in a warm place for the whole day.
- Before going to bed, put this onion slice on the corn and cover it with a tape or a bandage.
- Repeat this treatment every night till the corn is eliminated.
9.) Pumice Stone to Get Rid of Corns on Feet Fast
Pumice stone is an effective home remedy for massaging the corn and the nearby area. As it will help to remove dead and hardened skin, which in turn reduce the pain and speed up the healing process.
Steps to Use Pumice Stone to Heal the Corns on Feet:
- To soften the hard skin soak your feet in hot water for ten minutes before bedtime.
- Then gently rub a pumice stone on the affected area for 3 to 5 minutes and then dry your feet.
- Dab a cotton ball with castor oil and put it on the corn.
- Secure it with a bandage and leave it for the whole night.
- Remove the bandage in the next morning and apply castor oil on it many times a day.
- Repeat this procedure for several days.
10.) White Vinegar to Get Rid of Corns on Feet
White vinegar plays a very important role in removing corns on feet. Due to having a high acidic level of white vinegar, it helps to soften the hard skin.
Steps to Use White Vinegar for the Treatment of Corns on Feet:
- Add one part of white vinegar in 3 parts of water.
- Apply this diluted vinegar on to the corn before going to sleep.
- The next morning, rub the pumice stone on the affected area to exfoliate the thickened skin.
- To keep the area moisturized apply some coconut oil or olive oil.
- Use this home remedy daily till the corn removed.
11.) Aspirin to Get Rid of Corn
This is one of the best home remedies to get rid of corn. You know about the amazing benefits of aspirin when it comes to headache but do you know it an excellent remedy to treat corn and callus. The salicyclic acid in aspirin softens the corns and dissolves it easily. Follow the steps given below to treat corn.
- Crush a few pieces of aspirin to make a fine powder.
- Mix some water to make a thick paste.
- Cover the corn with this paste and wrap a bandage around it.
- Leave it for about 8 to 10 hours.
- Once you open it in the morning, rub the area with a pumice stone.
- Repeat this treatment everyday to dissolve the corn completely.
- You will get noticeable results within 2 weeks.
Precaution: Don’t use aspirin if you are allergic to it.
12.) Bread to Treat a Corn
This is an excellent remedy to treat corn and callus. The vinegar present in bread softens the corn and thus it comes out easily. Follow the steps given below to get rid of corn.
- Soak a piece of bread in white vinegar.
- Place the bread on the affected area.
- Cover the piece of bread with a gauze or plastic wrap.
- Leave it for one full night.
- In the morning when you open it the corn will come out easily.
- Repeat this remedy continuously for 2 nights to eliminate the corn completely.
13.) Oatmeal to Remove a Corn
This is a wonderful remedy to eliminate corn completely. This natural exfoliating agent not only softens the skin but also takes the corn out easily. It is an excellent remedy to produce desirable results. Follow the steps given below to treat a corn.
- Take ½ cup of oatmeal.
- Add it in a pan of water.
- Keep it on a boil for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Strain it and keep the boiled oatmeal aside in a bowl.
- Apply this boiled oatmeal on the corn affected area.
- After 15 to 20 minutes wash the corn affected area with water.
- Repeat this process two times a day to get desirable results.
14.) Turmeric to Eliminate a Corn
You are already aware about the antiseptic properties of turmeric but do you know it an amazing remedy when it comes to remove the corn. The antimicrobial and healing properties of turmeric makes it an effective remedy to get rid of a corn. The soothing properties of honey will heal it within a few days.
- Take one spoon of turmeric powder in a bowl.
- Mix one and a half tablespoons of honey.
- Mix both the ingredients well to make a thick paste.
- Coat the corn with this paste and allow it to dry completely.
- Once it has dried completely, wash it off with water.
- Apply this turmeric honey paste 2 to 3 times a day.
- Applying it continuously will reduce the size the corn and soon it will diminish.
15.) Epsom Salt to Remove a Corn
This is one of the best home remedies to eliminate a corn. This is a great exfoliater and the presence of antibacterial properties in it will prevent the affected area from infection. It soothes the skin and gives instant relief from the pain. Follow the steps given below to take out the corn easily.
- Pour some warm water in a basin.
- Add one cup of Epsom salt to it.
- Soak your feet in this salty water for about 20 minutes.
- Now, since the skin has become soft, take a pumice stone and rub the skin to take out the dead layers present on the top of the corn.
- Repeat this remedy daily for a few days to remove corn completely.
16.) Castor Oil to Treat a Corn
This age old remedy is being used from centuries for various skin conditions and other problems. It is one of the excellent home remedies to treat corns because of the fact that it gives quick results. Castor oil makes the corn soft due to which it eventually disappears. Follow the steps given below to remove a corn completely.
- Soak a cotton ball in castor oil.
- Apply it on the corn affected area.
- Make sure that the corn is covered with a thick layer of castor oil.
- Apply this oil thrice a day to produce desirable results.
- Repeat this treatment everyday to take off the corn completely.
17.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Remove a Corn
This is an excellent remedy to remove a corn easily. It is a natural exfoliater which softens the corn and then removes the dead skin cells covering the corn. The antibacterial properties of apple cider vinegar kill the bacteria that are present near the affected area. Follow the steps given below to produce desirable results.
- Fill a basin with warm water and soak your feet in it for a few minutes.
- With the help of a cotton ball, apply apple cider vinegar on the corn affected area.
- Place the cotton ball on the corn and press it for about 5 minutes.
- Allow the apple cider vinegar to dry on its own.
- Rub one or two drops of tea tree oil on the corn and leave it like that.
- Repeat this home remedy every day until the corn comes off.
18.) Licorice to Eliminate a Corn
The healing properties of licorice make it one of the best remedies to remove a corn. It is also loaded with antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that treat corns in an effective way. Follow the steps given below to get rid of a corn completely.
- Blend 4 licorice roots to make a powder.
- Add some mustard oil to make a thick paste.
- Coat your corn with this paste before going to bed.
- Next morning, rinse off the paste with warm water.
- Repeat this treatment every night to remove corns completely.
19.) Salicyclic Acid to Treat a Corn
This is one of the most excellent home remedies to dissolve the corn. The reason behind this is that it breaks the bond between the skin cells that have been accumulated at the site of the corn. Salicyclic acid increases the moisture content in that area due to which the corn starts dissolving. Follow the steps given below to dissolve the corn completely.
- Soak your feet in a basin filled with warm water for about 5 minutes.
- Pat dry the particular area and rub a pumice stone over it to remove the dead layers of the skin.
- Coat the corn with a thin layer of salicyclic acid on the corn.
- Leave it for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Wash the area with warm water.
- Repeat this remedy twice a day for atleast 2 weeks to get best results.
20.) Vitamin E to Remove a Corn
This is a wonderful remedy to get rid of corn completely. Vitamin E oil makes the corn soft due to which it comes out easily. The antioxidants present in vitamin E oil speeds up the healing process of corns. It removes the hard layer of the skin that is formed over the corn. Once the dead skin layer is removed the corn comes out easily. Follow the steps given below to take off corns completely.
- Use a needle to make a hole in a vitamin E capsule.
- Take out its oil and rub it on the corn.
- Allow the oil to be absorbed by the skin for a few minutes.
- Wear your sock to cover the foot.
- Repeat this remedy every night to heal the corn completely.
Tips to Prevent the Formation of Corns
- Make sure your foot is clean and moisture free. To keep the moisture away you can apply a talcum powder.
- Wear a pair of shoes that is comfortable.
- If soft corns are caused in between the toes keep some cotton.
- Avoid using rolls to remove corns because it can lead to bleeding and infection.
- Trim the toe nails and file the rough edges of the nails.
- Corns are caused due to constant pressure and friction. Find out the cause of pressure and eliminate it.
- Wear shoes made up of leather to allow the air flow to your feet.