When you walk, suddenly you feel pain on your feet. Then you see there is a small circle which is hard and thickened on your feet. This small circle is known as corn, which is due to wearing ill fitted footwears and not wearing socks. There are very simple home remedies for corns on feet which helps to counter corn naturally and effectively.
Corns and calluses are formed by the pressure on the skin and consequently of rubbing. Corns are hard and thickened areas of skin. It usually occurs on the feet, toes and hands, which are painful and creates problems. Corns often occur on the feet, especially on the sides and tops of the toes, between the toes and on the soles of your feet. Corns can develop on any parts of the body. There are other factors also that can cause corn such as walking without wearing shoes, high heels and wearing shoes without socks. Some of the symptoms of corns include pain on the feet, hard raised bumps and thick and rough skin. Corns also cause discomfort while walking or standing. The best way to heal the corns is to eliminate the source of friction or pressure. You can take over the counter medicines, lotions and corn caps to treat them. But there are also some home remedies and natural remedies that will help you to get rid of corns on feet at home.
Symptoms of Corns on Feet:
- A thick and hardened area of skin.
- Bump on the affected area of the skin.
- Dry and flaky skin
- Pain under your skin
Causes of Corns on Feet:
- Wearing ill-fitting shoes- High heels and tight shoes make pressure on your foot. When your footwear is too loose, your foot may slide repeatedly and rub against the shoe.
- Skipping socks- If you are wearing footwears without socks, which can cause friction on your feet. Unfit socks can be a problem.
Home Remedies for Corns on Feet:
These home remedies will prevent corn on your foot.
1.) Turpentine Oil for Corns on Feet
Being an antiseptic, turpentine oil is very strong that can treat corns. The oil penetrates into the skin and heals the corn quickly.
Steps to Use Turpentine Oil to Treat Corns on Feet at Home:
- Dab a cotton ball in turpentine oil and put it to the corn.
- Use a bandage to cover it and leave it overnight.
- Repeat this treatment until the corns falls off.
2.) Garlic as a Home Remedy to Treat Corns on Feet
Garlic has medicinal properties which help to treat a wide range of diseases. It is one of the powerful home remedies for corns on feet that promote fast recovering. Being an antioxidant garlic fight the bacterial and fungal infections and remove the root of the corn.
Steps to Use Garlic to Get Rid of Corns on Feet Naturally:
- Make a paste of few garlic cloves.
- Apply it to the corn and then cover it with a bandage or a clean cloth overnight.
- Next morning, rinse your feet with warm water.
- Repeat this treatment every night to get desired results.
3.) Lemon Juice to Cure Corns on Feet Fast & Naturally
Lemon juice acts as a bleach which helps in lightening blemishes, suntans, dark spots, and acne scars. Lemon juice is one of the best home remedies for treating corns on feet. Due to having citric acid in the lemon juice helps in softens the hard upper layer of the corns.
Steps to Use Lemon to Remove Corns on Feet Fast:
- Extract some juice from lemon and apply it on the corn. Keep it to dry.
- Repeat it as many times until you get relief from corn.
4.) Chamomile Tea and Epsom salt for Corns on Feet
The combination of chamomile tea and Epsom salt is an effective treatment for healing corn. It softens the dead skin cells that form the calluses and corn and can be eliminated by the use of a pumice stone.
Steps to Use Chamomile and Epsom Salt to Heal Corns on Feet:
- Add a handful of Epsom salt and some chamomile tea in warm water.
- Soak your foot in this solution for ten minutes.
- By using a pumice stone rub the top layer of the corn.
- This remedy takes a time to heal the corn, but it is the best way to remove the whole corn.
5.) Baking soda to Get Rid of Corns on Feet Fast
Baking soda is the best solution for all skin and hair related problems. Being a natural exfoliating agent, it helps to soften the hard layer of the corn and also helpful in the healing process. As it contains antibacterial and antifungal properties which prevent skin infections.
Steps to Use Baking Soda to Cure Corns on Feet:
- Add 3 tbsp of baking soda in a warm water.
- Soak your corn in this solution for 15 minutes.
- By using a pumice stone rub the corns softly.
- You can also prepare a paste of lemon juice and baking soda and apply this solution on the corns.
- Before bedtime cover it with a bandage.
6.) Pineapple for the Treatment of Corns on Feet
Pineapple is exotic fruits which are used in smoothies, cocktails, fruit juices and mocktails and also has medicinal uses. Pineapple is one of the best remedies for treating corns on feet at home. Use pineapple peels instead of using flesh for the treatment of corn.
Steps to Use Pineapple to Prevent Corns on Feet Fast:
- Chop the pineapple peel into small pieces.
- Apply the inner part of the peel on the corn and cover it with a bandage.
- Keep it overnight and remove the bandage next morning.
- Apply coconut oil to moisturize the area.
- Repeat this procedure every night until the corn falls off.
7.) Papaya to Get Rid of Corns on Feet Fast & Naturally
Use ripe papaya as a popular ingredient for skin care that is used for natural fruit facial masks for glowing skin. Ripe papaya is one of the best home remedies for corn removal. Due to having numerous enzymes it removes the dead skin cells, which forms the corn.
Steps to Use Papaya to Cure Corns on Feet Fast:
- Crush a small piece of raw papaya to extract the juice.
- Dab a cotton ball in this juice, then apply it to the corn.
- Leave it for the whole night.
- Next morning, scrub the corn with a pumice stone.
- Repeat this treatment daily until you get relief in corn.
8.) Onions for Corns Removal
Onions contain antibacterial properties which make it one of the best home remedies for corn as it breaks down the hard and dry skin which reduce the risk of infections.
Steps to Use Onions to Treat Corns on Feet Fast:
- Cut onion into slices and put it in a bowl.
- Then pour vinegar in it and store it in a warm place for the whole day.
- Before going to bed, put this onion slice on the corn and cover it with a tape or a bandage.
- Repeat this treatment every night till the corn is eliminated.
9.) Pumice Stone to Get Rid of Corns on Feet Fast
Pumice stone is an effective home remedy for massaging the corn and the nearby area. As it will help to remove dead and hardened skin, which in turn reduce the pain and speed up the healing process.
Steps to Use Pumice Stone to Heal the Corns on Feet:
- To soften the hard skin soak your feet in hot water for ten minutes before bedtime.
- Then gently rub a pumice stone on the affected area for 3 to 5 minutes and then dry your feet.
- Dab a cotton ball with castor oil and put it on the corn.
- Secure it with a bandage and leave it for the whole night.
- Remove the bandage in the next morning and apply castor oil on it many times a day.
- Repeat this procedure for several days.
10.) White Vinegar to Get Rid of Corns on Feet
White vinegar plays a very important role in removing corns on feet. Due to having a high acidic level of white vinegar, it helps to soften the hard skin.
Steps to Use White Vinegar for the Treatment of Corns on Feet:
- Add one part of white vinegar in 3 parts of water.
- Apply this diluted vinegar on to the corn before going to sleep.
- The next morning, rub the pumice stone on the affected area to exfoliate the thickened skin.
- To keep the area moisturized apply some coconut oil or olive oil.
- Use this home remedy daily till the corn removed.