In this article we will discuss different home remedies to cure puffy eyes. Waking up with puffy or swollen eye in the morning can be really annoying. It can give you a bad start to the day ahead. Puffy eyes is one of the most common beauty problems that most people suffers. This happens when the eyes start to swell. Although, this problem resolves on its own, but if it doesn’t, it can be a symptom of an underlying eye condition. It is very necessary to cure puffiness in the eye as it can ruin the appearance of a person adversely. It can make on look tired and ill. You can prevent and cure puffy eyes with some simple home remedies listed below.
Before moving onto the remedies, it is necessary to know the causes and symptoms responsible for puffy eyes. There can be various causes which may be responsible for puffed eyes. Below are some of the causes responsible for puffy eyes.
Causes of Puffy Eyes:
- Excessive Crying
- Weather change
- Infection in eyes.
- Lack of sleep
- Excess intake of sodium.
- Eyelid and eyelashes inflammation
Along with home remedies it is necessary to prevent these causes as well. Because remedies alone will not help to cure puffy eyes. Now, let us know about the symptoms of puffy eyes.
Symptoms of Puffy Eyes:
- Eye discharge
- Redness around the eye.
- Eye pain
- Blur visibility, double vision
- Feeling of foreign particle in the eyes.
- Inflammation in eye
- Nausea and vomiting
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Facial swelling
Home Remedies to Cure Puffy Eyes:
- Home Remedies to Cure Puffy Eyes:
- 1.) Cucumbers to Cure Puffy Eyes Naturally
- 2.) Frosty Spoons to Cure Puffy Eyes Fast
- 3.) Potatoes as a Natural Puffy Eyes Remedy
- 4.) Tea to Cure Puffy Eyes Allergies
- 5.) Strawberries to Cure Bags Under Eyes Fast and Naturally
- 6.) Aloe Vera to Cure Puffy Eyes
- 7.) Salt to Cure Baggy Eyes Naturally and Fast
- 8.) Milk to Cure Puffy Eyes Fast and Naturally
- 9.) Vitamin E Oil to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes
- 10.) Water to Prevent Puffy Eyes Naturally
1.) Cucumbers to Cure Puffy Eyes Naturally
Cucumbers are among the most essential remedies to cure puffy eyes. Cucumbers have cooling properties which are quite helpful for soothing eye. Also, because of having astringent properties, cucumber helps in reducing inflammation fast. It tightens the skin and helps to avoid wrinkles and dark circles around the eyes. Here is the method to do it.
Directions to Use Cucumbers:
- Take out thick slices of a cucumber.
- Refrigerate these slices for 10–15 minutes.
- Lie down on your bed (on your back).
- Place the refrigerated cucumber on your eyes.
- Leave them until they get warm.
- Repeat this process 3-4 times a day.
2.) Frosty Spoons to Cure Puffy Eyes Fast
Frosty spoons are a quick, simple and an effective remedy to get rid of puffy eyes fast. This remedy helps in tightening the skin around eyes and let the blood vessel to relax. Thus, reducing the puffiness in the tired eyes. Here is the method to do it.
Directions to Use Frosty Spoons:
- Take 6-8 eyes sized metal spoon and refrigerate them for 15 minutes.
- Take out the frost spoon and press it against your eyes gently.
- Hold the frost spoon until it gets warm.
- Replace the spoon with the cold one.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a day to cure puffy eyes.
3.) Potatoes as a Natural Puffy Eyes Remedy
Just like cucumber, potato is another very effective ingredient to cure puffy eyes. Potatoes has inflammatory properties due to its high starch contents. It helps effectively in reducing bagginess under eyes. Potatoes also helps in fading dark circles due to its fine bleaching properties.
Directions to Use Potatoes:
- Wash and dry a peeled small size potato.
- Chop and keep the chopped potato in a clean cloth and tie it tightly.
- Place this tied cloth alternatively on your eyes for several minutes.
- Repeat this process 3-4 times in a day to get rid of puffy eyes.
4.) Tea to Cure Puffy Eyes Allergies
Tea remedy has amazing anti inflammatory properties that helps reduce the swelling in the eyes. It is also very useful for soothing them. Application of this remedy will also help in getting rid of redness in the eyes. You can either go for black tea or for green tea.
Directions to Use Tea for Puffy Eyes:
- Keep 2-3 tea bags in a hot water and leave them for a few minutes.
- Lie down on your back, place the tea bag on your eyelid and cover them with a clean soft cotton.
- Leave it like that for 15-20 minutes.
- Repeat this process several times a day.
- You can use loose tea (tied with a cotton) instead of tea bag.
5.) Strawberries to Cure Bags Under Eyes Fast and Naturally
Strawberries are known to have alpha hydroxyl acid properties which are very useful for making the skin smooth and young. Strawberries also helps in reducing under-eye swelling and puffiness. Here is the method to treat bags under eyes using tea.
Directions to Use Strawberries for Bags Under Eyes:
- Refrigerate some strawberries in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Cut the strawberries in thick slices.
- Lie down on your back and place the slice over your eyes for a few minutes.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a day to cure puffy eyes.
6.) Aloe Vera to Cure Puffy Eyes
Another effective ingredient to cure puffy eyes is an Aloe Vera. Aloe Vera’s antioxidant properties helps reduce swelling around the eyes. The presence of Vitamin E in Aloe Vera helps in fading wrinkles and fine line around the eyes. It is also useful for improving blood circulation.
Directions to Use Aloe Vera:
- Take a fresh Aloe Vera Leave and cut it in half.
- Extract the gel out in a vessel.
- Apply this gel under your eyes.
- Leave it for a few minutes before washing it off.
- If you don’t have fresh Aloe Vera gel. You can buy it from the local market.
- And, remember to avoid gels entering into your eyes. So, the proper and careful application is must.
- Apply this gel 2 times a day to avoid puffy eyes.
7.) Salt to Cure Baggy Eyes Naturally and Fast
Salt and hot water remedy help to reduce swelling and puffiness under the eyes. It is very useful for getting rid of the fluid retention on the principle of osmosis. It can help get rid of baggy eyes fast. Here is the method to use it.
Directions to Use Salt:
- Mix 1/4th tsp of salt in 2 cups of hot water. Do not keep water too hot.
- Dip cotton ball in the saline water and place them under and over your eyes (eyelids) for a few minutes.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a day to get rid of swelling and puffiness from your eyes.
8.) Milk to Cure Puffy Eyes Fast and Naturally
Milk is one of the most effective home remedies for puffy eyes. Milk contains fat which make the skin soft and smooth. It also contains proteins, amino acids, Vitamin A, Vitamin D and lactic acid that helps to cure swelling and puffiness under eyes fast and naturally.
- Take whole milk (it is rich in fat content) in a vessel.
- Take a clean piece of cloth and soak it in the whole milk.
- Place the milk soaked cloth over your eyes for 20 minutes.
- Repeat this process twice a day to cure puffy eyes.
9.) Vitamin E Oil to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes
Vitamin E oil is helpful not only to get rid of swelling under the eye, but also helps for fading fine lines and wrinkles. Vitamin E oil is also very useful for different skin related problems. Here is the method to use this oil.
Directions to Use Vitamin E Oil:
- Take chilled water in a bowl.
- Add a few drops of Vitamin E oil in the water. Mix well.
- Take a cotton ball and dip in the mixture.
- Place this cotton ball over your eyes and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Repeat this process twice daily until the puffiness goes away.
10.) Water to Prevent Puffy Eyes Naturally
Water is the most easiest ways to cure puffy eyes. Drinking 8-10 glass of water regularly will keep you hydrated. It will help in preventing and reducing puffiness under eyes. Keeping yourself hydrated will make you less prone to retention of water. Thus, lowering the chance of puffiness under eyes.
- Drink lots of water to keep yourself hydrated.
- Rinse your eyes several times a day with cold water.
- Avoid intake of salt to prevent water retention.
- Avoid caffeinated beverages in order to prevent Dehydration.