Looking for home remedies to get rid of bloating? You have come to the right place. Bloating is a condition in which a person feels his/her abdomen full, tight, and gaseous. A person’s abdomen can appear to be swollen. When the body break downs the food into energy, gas is formed in the intestine or stomach. Accumulation of this gas and inability to release it can cause bloating in the abdomen. Making one feel uneasy and uncomfortable. Bloating in abdomen indicates that the body is not able to process the food easily. Although it is normal to suffer from bloating once in a while. Bloating is mainly due to overeating, indigestion and other causes. But, if this condition starts to occur more frequently, it is an indication that there is something wrong with the body functioning. It can have something to do with the digestive system or with the food one is eating. If the problem is not solved timely, it can cause further severe issue such as blood in stool, acute abdominal pain, vomiting, severe heartburn, Diarrhea, weight loss, etc. So, it’s better to prevent this condition as early as possible. With Some changes in the eating habits and following below listed remedies, one can get rid of bloating easily and quickly.
Causes Responsible for Bloating
There can be a lot of reasons responsible for bloating. The main reason of all the causes is digestive system. Any obstruction in the process of digestion may result in bloating. Some of the causes of bloating are:
- Gas producing foods
- Excess fat in stomach
- Eating too fast
- Water retention
- Overweight or obesity
- Eating foods rich in fat and substances which takes longer to digest.
- Irritable bowel movement
- Partial bowel syndrome
- Food allergy
- Peptic ulcer
- Any medication
Symptoms of Bloating:
First sign or symptom of bloating that one will find is irritation in the stomach. The stomach will feel full and swollen due to pressure from inside. Other symptoms which going to follow are:
- Passing of gases, whether it’s voluntary or involuntary, either in the form of belches or flatus.
- Acute pain in the abdomen.
- Cramps in the abdomen.
- Feeling shortness of breathing.
- Tightness feeling
- Feeling uneasy
- Unable to sleep
- Shifting pain in abdomen.
- Increase in size of the abdomen.
- Burning sensation in stomach & heart.
- Feeling of knot in the abdomen.
- Lower back pain
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Bloating:
- Home Remedies to Get Rid of Bloating:
- 1.) Peppermint to Get Rid of Bloating Naturally and Fast
- 2.) Pumpkin as a Quick Bloating Remedy
- 3.) Fennel Seeds as a Remedy for Bloating Treatment
- 4.) Caraway Seeds For Instant Relief from Bloating
- 5.) Ginger to Get Rid of Bloating Naturally
- 6.) Lemon to Get Rid of Bloating Fast and Naturally
- 7.) Activated Charcoal to Get Rid of Bloating
- 8.) Chamomile Tea to Get Rid of Bloating Instantly
- 9.) Anise seeds to Get Rid of Bloating Naturally and Fast
- 10.) Potassium Rich Food as a Bloating Treatment
An easy way to get rid of bloating is by easing the digestion process to stimulate the gas passing and Bowel movement. If still you are unable to get rid of bloating, go for the suggested remedies mentioned below.
1.) Peppermint to Get Rid of Bloating Naturally and Fast
Peppermint has excellent cooling properties as it contains menthol oil. Menthol oil helps to smooth the muscles in the bowel wall. It helps the processed food to move faster through the stomach.
- You can chew some fresh peppermint leaves to get rid of bloating.
- Other than that, you can prepare peppermint tea.
- Take some fresh peppermint leaves and boil it with one cup of water.
- Peppermint tea bags are also available in the market.
- Drink 2 -3 cups daily for best result.
2.) Pumpkin as a Quick Bloating Remedy
Generally improper digestion or slow digestion causes gas or bloating. Fibrous food takes longer time to get digested in our body. When the food does not break in the small intestine, it moves to the large intestine, where friendly bacterias help in breaking this food. During the process various gases are produced, which result in gas or bloating in abdomen. Here, pumpkin is helpful, as it helps in lowering the amount of gas formed. Adding pumpkin in your diet can help to get rid of bloating.
- Take 1 cup of pumpkin (steamed, baked, or roasted) along with your diet.
- You can even make your own pumpkin recipe.
3.) Fennel Seeds as a Remedy for Bloating Treatment
Fennel seeds are very helpful and effective in digestion ailment like gas and bloating. Fennel seeds help in reducing pain very effectively. It also have fine anti-bacterial properties. It helps in relieving flatulence (accumulation of gas in alimentary canal). It also helps by relaxing muscle spasm in your digestive system.
- You can simply chew some fennel seed after your meal to reduce bloating.
- Instead, take 1 tsp of fennel and add it to 1 cup of water.
- Steep it for 10-15 minute.
- Strain it and drink.
- Take 2-3 cups daily to get rid of bloating fast.
4.) Caraway Seeds For Instant Relief from Bloating
Caraway seeds known to have antimicrobial qualities. It helps in relieving flatulence, relaxing and soothing muscles in the digestive tract. Carvol and carvene are the two substances which helps with evicting gas, giving you quick relief from bloating.
- Chew some caraway seeds several times a day if you suffer from frequent bloating.
- You can crush some caraway seeds and boil it with 1 cup of water to prepare a tea.
- Drink this tea regularly to get instant relief from bloating.
5.) Ginger to Get Rid of Bloating Naturally
Ginger is also an effective herb which help to get rid of bloating and gas. Ginger contains some active ingredients (gingerols and shogaols) which helps in soothing and reducing irritation and inflammation in the abdomen and muscles.
- Take 5-6 small pieces in a vessel.
- Add one cup water into it.
- Steep it for 5-10 minutes.
- Add 1 tsp of honey and a few drops of lemon juice to it.
- Drink it 2-3 times a day.
- Alternatively, you can eat 1tsp of freshly grated ginger before your meal.
- You can even sprinkle it over your food.
6.) Lemon to Get Rid of Bloating Fast and Naturally
Lemon is very effective as a remedy to get rid of bloating. It helps in detoxification and keeping your body well hydrated. Lemon is popular for being rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin B, carbohydrates and protein. Lemon’s acidic properties help in breaking food as well.
- Drinking warm lemon water helps in relieving you from gas and bloating.
- You can add honey also to increase its efficiency.
7.) Activated Charcoal to Get Rid of Bloating
Activated charcoal can be very useful for some people to cure stomach bloating or gas. However, it can’t be said exactly how it is useful. But, charcoal has porous properties, meaning it has small pores on it which helps to trap chemicals and substances which produces gases and gives gas or bloating. That is why it is used in case of overdoses of drugs as well.
- Activated charcoal is available in tablet, capsule and powder form. You can buy it from your local market.
8.) Chamomile Tea to Get Rid of Bloating Instantly
Chamomile tea is also a good way to go. This herbal tea has anti inflammatory properties. It helps to relax muscles of your digestive tract. It also soothes the stomach and heartburn.
- Take one cup of water and boil it.
- Place one tea bag in it.
- Steep it for 5-10 minute.
- Squeeze the tea bag for rich taste and add honey (1tsp) and a few drops of lemon to it.
- Drink it 2-3 times a day for instant relief from bloating.
9.) Anise seeds to Get Rid of Bloating Naturally and Fast
Anise seed helps to relax irritated muscles of the digestive track. It helps in treating the cramping in the abdomen. This seed also helps in relieving from flatulence (accumulation of gases in alimentary canal), which in turn reduce bloating.
- You can take anise seeds or leaves, but seeds are preferred.
- Crush 1 tsp of seeds and add them to one cup of water.
- Bring it to boil (Just simmer it).
- Drink it daily to get rid of bloating.
- You can brew it with milk also.
10.) Potassium Rich Food as a Bloating Treatment
Potassium helps in maintaining the fluid levels in the body. Sometimes Water retention also causes the body to produce gas which results in bloating. So, potassium helps in regulating this condition as it is a mild diuretic in nature.
- You can have potassium rich foods such as potatoes, tomatoes (sun dried), kidney beans, avocado, banana, milk.
- You can add these foods along with your meal every day by trying different combination.
You can also read the article how to get rid of diarrhea fast & overnight?