After writing, how to get rid of a headache?, how to get rid of lower back pain?, and home remedies to treat body pain, we are now writing the best ways to get rid of a migraine headache fast and naturally. In general terms migraine is known as a “primary headache disorder”. It varies from normal to severe migraine. This article will help you to know the remedies and best ways to get rid of a migraine fast and naturally. there are certain assumed factors that are responsible side by side to cause a migraine. That includes anxiety, depression and bipolar disorder. This is summed up under the psychological conditions of the person, who is suffering from a migraine. Thereby, there are various remedies, which will help you to get rid of migraine fast and naturally.
Do you experience the severe pain in your head on a regular basis? Are you ignoring this problem for a long time? Well, if the answer is yes, then don’t take this situation lightly. A migraine is not a simple headache, it is very painful and accompanied by various sensory signs. It is really very important to get rid of a migraine fast. A migraine is a very common problem in the U.S.A affecting approx. 36 million Americans, i.e. equivalent to 12% of the population. There are few sensory warning signs that you experience in the condition of a migraine. These signs are flashing of light in the eyes, tingling sensation in the arms and legs, nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity towards the light and sound increases.
What Causes Migraine?
- Best Ways to Get Rid of a Migraine Fast:
- 1.) Start Drinking Grape Juice
- 2.) Stop Taking the Stress
- 3.) Eat Nuts Regularly
- 4.) Eat The Turkey
- 5.) Take Ginger Roots
- 6.) Drink Cayenne Pepper
- 7.) Cut the Caffeine Amount
- 8.) Drink Chamomile Herbal Tea
- 9.) Drink Apple Cider Vinegar
- 10.) Take Some Massage
- 11.) Tea Tree Oil Massage
- 12.) Drink Some Hot Tea
- 13.) Do The Vinegar Soak
- 14.) Take Hot Shower
- 15.) Peppermint Will Help
- 16.) Apply The Ice Pack
- 17.) Yoga Asana to Get Through a Migraine
- 18.) Drink Plenty of Water
- 19.) Lemon Will Help
- 20.) Eucalyptus Oil Will Help
- 21.) Bring Change in Your Diet
- 22.) Apply Hot or Cold Therapy
- 23.) Acupuncture to Get Rid of a Migraine
- 24.) Eat Apples to Get Rid of a Migraine Fast
- Some Fascinating Facts About Migraine:
Though, the causes of a migraine are still not defined. But, it is basically genetically inherited or caused due to the environmental factors. It can be caused due to the change in the brain stem and the interactions with the trigeminal nerve or may be due to the chemical imbalance in the brain.
- Genetics: In some of the cases that have been studied for the genetic relation of migraine has found its positivity. But there is 5o percent of chances for you to have inherited from within your family or ancestors.
- Psychological Aspects: It is considered when one is suffering from fatigue, hunger and stress. This has been reported from 50 to 80 percent of cases. Also, there are chances when one is about to reach its menstruation cycle.
- Unhealthy Diet: It is also been noticed in few of the cases Unhealthy diet can be one reason. It’s when one is following an unhealthy diet, there are chances of migraine to occur. When you skip your meal during the day, or likely survive on snacks to get rid of hunger can be accountable for the occurrence of migraine.
Best Ways to Get Rid of a Migraine Fast:
1.) Start Drinking Grape Juice
This natural treatment can do wonders for pain. Though very few people drink grape juice, but it is the most effective treatment to get rid of a migraine fast and naturally. Grapes are amazing pain reliever they provide instant relief in the pain. So, start drinking natural grape juice on a regular basis to treat a migraine. You may prepare grape juice by grinding fresh grapes with a little amount of water.
2.) Stop Taking the Stress
If something hurts you, then stop worrying about it. The more you will take stress the more it is going to hurt you and cause pain. Take a moment and stop thinking about it. If you will not do so, then the situation may go out of your hands. Hence, it is really very important to stop taking the stress. You just need to give it time, and everything is going to be fine. Stop taking the stress on every small issue, because all this may certainly cause the imbalance in your brain. So, calm down and stay happy to avoid the migraine pain.
3.) Eat Nuts Regularly
You just need to add nuts to your diet, if you are suffering from a migraine. Nuts not only provide relief from pain, but they also help in preventing the future onsets. Even it helps in letting you sleep while fighting the situation like insomnia. The nuts contain an essential ingredient in them known as salicin that is an important agent for blocking pain. This ingredient is also used in making several medicines. So, don’t forget to add this amazing natural ingredient to your diet to get rid of a migraine fast.
4.) Eat The Turkey
You mostly prefer to eat turkey occasionally, like at the time of Thanksgiving. But, don’t you think when you eat it, you experience the sound sleep as it contains the amino acid tryptophan in it, which helps in stimulating dopamine in the brain. It also helps in preventing anxiety, worry, and negativity. So, add turkey in your diet as it provides a great relief from pain. It even provides the soothing effect on the capillaries of the scalp.
5.) Take Ginger Roots
Ginger roots are also counted among the pain reliever and best to get rid of a migraine fast and naturally. Ginger roots has certain properties that helps your body to come down, when you suffer from sudden pain and inflammation. When you intake a small amount of ginger root in raw from, there is production of lipids in the cells of your body. Those lipids work to relax your nerves when you ingested with the pain. In brief, ginger root works to stop your body to respond, when the pain occurs. With this you are relieved from the migraine.
6.) Drink Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne Pepper contains a substance known as capsaicin that is basically a great painkiller and helps to get rid of a migraine. Also, it stimulates and improves the blood circulation in the brain. Take a cup of warm water and add one teaspoon of cayenne pepper in it. You may also add a pinch of lemon juice and little amount of honey in this solution and mix it well. Drink this solution on a regular basis or whenever you experience pain.
7.) Cut the Caffeine Amount
Caffeine not only causes sleep deprivation like insomnia, but it also causes a headache if it is taken in large amounts. Though it is an irony that caffeine provides pain relief as long as it is consumed in a small amount, but as soon as you will increase the dose it is going to provide you more pain. Hence, it is really very important to consume it in a limit. Don’t increase the limit as it harmful for the health.
8.) Drink Chamomile Herbal Tea
Chamomile is rich in various properties like anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, and soothing properties. This herb not only provides unending health benefits, but it also helps in preventing migraine if it is consumed on a regular basis. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Take one cup of hot water and steep 2-3 teaspoons of dried chamomile flowers for a few minutes in it.
- Now, add little amount of lemon juice and honey in this tea. At last, just strain it and drink this tea 3-4 times on a regular basis to get rid of a migraine fast.
9.) Drink Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is enriched with various nutrients. Therefore, it offers various health benefits like controlling blood sugar, aiding detoxification, reducing bone pain, promoting weight loss, regulating high blood pressure, and relieving constipation. It is also a great remedy to get rid of a migraine naturally and fast. Take a glass of water and add one tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar in it. Also, mix one tablespoon of honey in this solution. Drink this solution on a regular basis to prevent a migraine.
10.) Take Some Massage
Regular massage on your head can provide a great relief from pain. It not only improves the blood circulation in the nerves of your brain, but it also provides a great relaxation in the pain of your head. It also reduces the stress levels and helps in dealing with various stressful situations.
Taking a massage always helps your body to relax and calm down. So, if you are thinking to visit a spa or something like that, then you can skip that away. This is because you can get the massage done all by yourself. You will need to lie down on your stomach and stretch your neck in any position where you kind of feel comfortable. Then you have to massage your neck portion and lower scalp with your fingers. This will help the blood to stimulate its flow and release all the pain from your head. Thus, you will be free from the pain and can relax.
11.) Tea Tree Oil Massage
This is a well-known remedy for individuals who have consistent episodes of headaches. The oil mitigates the muscles and alleviates the pain that accompanies a migraine. As you rub back of your head, you will gradually feel the strain lift from your head and in a matter of seconds, your head will be without pain. This is one of the best treatment to cure a migraine fast at home.
12.) Drink Some Hot Tea
This is another well-known home remedy for normal headaches to severe headaches. A cup of tea will offer you some assistance with relaxing and discharge strain from your body. At the point when your body unwinds, headache torment leaves your head. You can also add a teaspoon of honey for extraordinary results in the tea. Mint and chamomile tea work wonder on headaches!
13.) Do The Vinegar Soak
Vinegar is considered as one of the best remedies to get rid of a migraine fast. Simply soak a cloth in the vinegar and place it on the affected area for 60 minutes. As the vinegar enters your skin, you will feel the pain lift. You can also drink a solution of apple cider vinegar and water to get rid of a migraine.
14.) Take Hot Shower
Wash up and let the high temp water, falls on the back of your neck as far as might be feasible. As it infiltrates your skin, you will encounter the moderate help from weights and the torment from a headache will gradually lift. Alternatively, you can also soak yourself in a warm water tub for 15-20 minutes to get rid of a migrane fast and naturally at home.
15.) Peppermint Will Help
The mitigating property of peppermint alleviates the nerves. Besides, it has an antispasmodic and quieting impact. A study found that the scent of this herb encourages the inclination connected with cerebral pain alleviation. Just drink peppermint tea sweetened with honey. Repeat as required. You can likewise rub each of your temples with one drop of peppermint oil or a blend of peppermint and lavender oils. Keep it on for 20 to 30 minutes. Do this a couple of times each day until you get relief.
16.) Apply The Ice Pack
The ice pack is maybe the most famous home solution for getting rid of migraines and headache cerebral pain. It has a desensitizing impact that mitigates pain.
- Wrap a couple of ice cubes in a towel and place it on your temples and/or the back of your neck for 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat as required.
- You can also try substituting hot and cool packs for around 15 minutes, as required. For better results, include lavender and/or peppermint vital oils to the water for the pack.
17.) Yoga Asana to Get Through a Migraine
This is one of the beneficial remedies to treat migraine and a headache. Child poses are an incredible anxiety buster. Attempt it to diminish a migraine and a headache.
- Sit on the floor on your knees with the heels touching your rear end. Smooth the feet on the floor, keep thighs somewhat separated and take full breaths.
- As you breathe out, twist forward at the waist bringing your mid-section towards your thighs. Expand the arms ahead, extending your back as you do it.
- Rest you temple between the arms on the floor. Take profound purging breaths and stay in the posture for 3 minutes.
18.) Drink Plenty of Water
Dehydration could be the reason for your headache. You can simply get relief from the ache by rehydrating your body. Simply drinking water at the first warning of a headache and continue taking small sips during the day. Along with water, you can also drink sports drinks. The electrolytes present in sports drinks can cure headaches and migraines caused by dehydration and tension. While suffering from a headache, avoid drinks like alcohol that can dehydrate your body.
19.) Lemon Will Help
Lemon is a very powerful and effective element to get rid of a migraine and headache, because it is relaxing and refreshing. Moreover, it helps preserve the acid-alkaline balance in the body. Drink lukewarm water mixed with one lemon juice. It will help reduce the concentration of a headache. This particular remedy is helpful for migraines caused by gas in the stomach. Alternatively, apply some lemon crusts directly to your forehead to ease the pain.
20.) Eucalyptus Oil Will Help
Eucalyptus oil has anti-inflammatory and pain easing properties to get rid of a migraine fast. It gives a soothing effect and helps calm down tense muscles leading to a headache. Simply massage with this oil on your temples and forehead using your fingers for 20-30 minutes. Along with eucalyptus oil, you can use almond or coconut oil. This is of the effective remedies to get rid of migraine fast and naturally at home.
21.) Bring Change in Your Diet
Well, the change in your diet does not mean to lose some food intake. Instead, it’s a suggestion to add more of consumption of turkey into your diet schedule. You can opt for the fresh, lean, pasture-raised or organic turkey. This will help you to get relief from the recurrent migraine pain. Also, it will help you get the best nutritional value.
22.) Apply Hot or Cold Therapy
This is one therapy that has been followed since ages. From the ancient to the contemporary, everyone is aware of hot and cold remedy. Therefore, why don’t you apply the same when it comes to your migraine headache? You can opt for an ice pack and place it over the area where you feeling the pain. It will give you a numb sensation and let the pain decrease down. The same process can be followed with a hot water bag.
23.) Acupuncture to Get Rid of a Migraine
When you are just struck with a migraine pain, try to add pressure in the pressure points of your body. This will give you instant relief. But the process of acupuncture needs to be done in a proper way. Else you won’t get relief from the migraine. You can start adding pressure over the pain-free area. And starting from there move on to migraine specific spots. This will help you to relax from the ongoing pain.
24.) Eat Apples to Get Rid of a Migraine Fast
Not only just eating apple can reduce the pain of a migraine, but even the smell of green apples can provide a great relief for it. As soon as you notice the symptoms of a migraine just eat an apple. It can reduce the severity and provide a great relief. So, start eating an apple on a regular basis to prevent a migraine.
Some Fascinating Facts About Migraine:
Here are some of the few fascinating facts about a migraine.
- The risk of committing suicide is higher if you are suffering from a migraine. The risk is even higher for the people who accompany migraine pain with aura or flashes of light. Though, it is not still clear that why a migraine and suicides are co-related to each other. But, somehow depression and migraine carry the same biology says Dawn Buse, who is a health psychologist.
- The attacks usually begin with the symptoms like fatigue, yawning, neck pain, increased urination, and increased sensitivity towards a light, odors, or noise.
- The attacks may proceed into the aura phase in the outset among one-third of the sufferers. The aura consists of visual symptoms like squiggly lines, seeing flashing lights, or losing vision.
- The migraine attacks are highly associated with increased sensitivity towards environmental stimuli like lights, odor etc.
- Migraine attacks can be associated with neck pain, dizziness, sinus pain, anxiety, difficulty while concentrating, and mood swings. A headache in a migraine usually last about 24 hours (taking a range of 4 hours to 3 days).
- Migraine headaches are one of the 20 most hindering medical conditions worldwide, according to the World Health Organization. A migraine is distinguished by a throbbing pain, usually confined to one side of the head that tends to get worse with movement. They typically last from four to 72 hours.
- Side effects have a tendency to shift from one individual then onto the next. Individuals regularly encounter tactile cautioning signs, for example, blind sides, flashes of light, expanded affect ability to light and sound, shivering in the arms and legs, queasiness and spewing.
- Signs like, food cravings, irritability, a stiff neck, frequent yawning and constipation may likewise happen two or three days preceding a headache assault. Around 75 percent of all headache sufferers have a family history of this incapacitating issue. The unpredictable condition is thought to be created by changes in cerebrum chemicals.