This article will give you an insight about different remedies to get rid of whiteheads naturally. Whiteheads are a result of the natural oil, environmental pollution, dirt accumulated in the facial pores. Whiteheads are also known as closed comedones because the dead skin cells, dirt and natural oil clogs under the skin. Since the pores are closed that’s why the contaminated part does not get oxygen and so it turns into a white color. People with oily skin are more vulnerable to whiteheads than those who have normal or dry skin. This problem is common in both males and females. Whiteheads are generally visible at cheekbone, nose, temple, forehead, chin. Read more, to know about whiteheads and remedies to get rid of whiteheads naturally:
Symptoms of Whiteheads:
- Symptoms of whiteheads resemble with that acne. However, whiteheads are not painful like acne.
- White small bumps on at cheekbone, nose, temple, forehead, chin.
- The affected skin part is harsh.
Causes of Whiteheads:
- Overproduction of natural oil during puberty, pregnancy, menstruation and menopause.
- Certain food products like milk, curd and etc, which has a high content of fat and spicy food.
- The skin problem passes from one family member to another member.
- Medicines such as Lithium, anticonvulsants, barbiturates corticosteroids, androgenic steroids, DHEA, and other that have bromides, or iodides and beauty products with high oil content can cause acne (whiteheads and blackheads).
Remedies to Get Rid of Whiteheads Naturally:
- Remedies to Get Rid of Whiteheads Naturally:
- 1.) Facial Steam to Get Rid of Whiteheads Naturally
- 2.) Aloe-Vera Gel to Cure Whiteheads
- 3.) Potato to Cure Whiteheads Naturally
- 4.) Tomato to Get Rid of Whiteheads Naturally
- 5.) Toothpaste to Get Rid of Whiteheads Naturally
- 6.) Homemade Scrub to Get Rid of Whiteheads Naturally
- 7.) Salt and Lemon Juice to Get Rid of Whiteheads Naturally
- 8.) Gram Flour to Treat Whiteheads Naturally
- 9.) Clay Mask to Get Rid of Whiteheads Naturally
- 10.) Tea Tree Oil to Clean the Closed Pores
- 11.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Whiteheads Naturally
- 12.) Fenugreek Leaves to Get Rid of Whiteheads Naturally
- 13.) Tea Bags to Get Rid of Whiteheads Naturally
- 15.) Sandalwood to Soften the Skin
- Precautions to Prevent Whiteheads:
1.) Facial Steam to Get Rid of Whiteheads Naturally
Steam opens the clogged pores and cleanses the facial pores. If you cannot take steam then take a towel and dip it into the a lukewarm water, squeeze the towel and then put it on your face for 5-7 minutes. You can also add essential oil in water for effective results. You can follow the same method every night before going to sleep.
2.) Aloe-Vera Gel to Cure Whiteheads
Aloe-Vera eliminates whiteheads naturally. It has all the beneficial properties that will help you to treat the whiteheads and other skin problems as well. It’s always better to use natural Aloe-Vera gel. Peel the upper layer of the Aloe-Vera and extract the gel out of it. Apply the gel on the face. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and then wash your face with fresh water. Aloe-Vera is known for its skin problems healing properties and it is considered as the herbal medication to treat skin problems like acne, blackheads, whiteheads and etc.
3.) Potato to Cure Whiteheads Naturally
Potato is a good substitute of astringent. It absorbs the excess oil and control white bumps. Moreover, it also lightens the scar and the skin complexion. Cut the potato into two halves and rub the white part over the face for 3-5 minutes and keep it for 30 minutes, wash it when it dries.
4.) Tomato to Get Rid of Whiteheads Naturally
Tomatoes are rich in Vitamin C. It removes the dullness and cures all the impurities present in the skin. Either apply the pulp of tomato or directly rub the tomato over the face and leave it for five minutes. However, if you have sensitive skin then avoid this remedy. Moreover, after removing the tomato moisturize your skin since tomato tends to dry the skin.
5.) Toothpaste to Get Rid of Whiteheads Naturally
Toothpaste is commonly found in homes and is considered as an instant remedy for whiteheads. Fluoride present in the toothpaste heals whiteheads naturally. Apply white toothpaste to the affected area for a few minutes and wash it. Avoid transparent toothpaste. It will worsen the condition. You can also leave it overnight.
6.) Homemade Scrub to Get Rid of Whiteheads Naturally
A combination of almonds, oats, and milk will work as a wonder. Milk is a natural cleanser whereas oats and almonds are the good exfoliators. They remove the particles clogged in the skin and gives you clean and flawless skin. Grind 2-3 almonds and half tablespoon of oats and add 2 tablespoons of milk. Dab the cotton ball in the paste and apply it on your face. Rub the scrub gently on the face and wash it once it dries.
7.) Salt and Lemon Juice to Get Rid of Whiteheads Naturally
Salt exfoliates your skin, wipes out the debris and oil accumulated inside the skin and lemon works as an astringent. It removes the excess oil and also lighten the marks. Take a half tablespoon lemon juice and add the a pinch of salt, mix it well and apply only to the affected area. After 5-7 minutes, rinse your face properly.
8.) Gram Flour to Treat Whiteheads Naturally
Gram Flour gives you smooth and blemish free skin. It tightens the skin pores as well. You can apply only the paste of gram flour or can use it with different combinations. One combination which is commonly used is turmeric, gram flour and rose water. Take 1 tablespoon of gram flour and a pinch of turmeric and add one tablespoon rose water. Apply this solution on your damp face and wash it once it gets dry. For supple and nourished skin uses it on alternative days or once in a day.
9.) Clay Mask to Get Rid of Whiteheads Naturally
Clay absorbs the extra oil and close the open pores. There are many types of clay mask available in the market. A paste of Fuller Earth and rose water is an ideal natural clay mask. Mix powder of the Fuller earth with 1 tablespoon of rose water and apply on your face. Clean your face after 15-20 minutes and you will get a radiant skin. It is one of the simplest ways to cure whiteheads naturally.
10.) Tea Tree Oil to Clean the Closed Pores
Tea Tree oil is antibacterial and antifungal. It kills bacteria present in the skin. Instead of using it directly, use it in the dilute form. Add water or Aloe-Vera gel to it in the ratio 1:9. After washing your face, apply it to the affected area through cotton balls and wash it after it gets dry. It is counted as one of the effective remedies to get rid of whiteheads naturally.
11.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Whiteheads Naturally
Baking soda cleans the pores and maintains the pH balance of the skin. Make a thick paste of baking soda and normal water or rose water. Apply this paste on the affected area. Repeat the process 2-3 times in the week for best results.
12.) Fenugreek Leaves to Get Rid of Whiteheads Naturally
Fenugreek removes whiteheads effectively and naturally. Take dry fenugreek leaves and crush them into powder, then add water to it and apply the green paste on your face. Regular application of this mask will bid adieu to whiteheads soon.
13.) Tea Bags to Get Rid of Whiteheads Naturally
Either dip the tea bag in the bowl while taking a steam or gently rub the tea bag over the affected area. In both the ways, your skin will get fresh instantly.
14.) Honey to Get to Getting Rid of Whiteheads Naturally
Exfoliation brings dryness and thus, honey comes handy. It moisturizes your skin. Apply natural honey on your face after exfoliation and facial steam. Wash it after 10-15 minutes.
15.) Sandalwood to Soften the Skin
Whiteheads make the skin surface, harsh, to soften the skin, apply the paste of sandalwood powder, water or rose water with a pinch of turmeric. This natural remedy makes your whiteheads disappear in a few days. However, people with dry skin should be cautious. This remedy tends to dry the skin. So moisturize your skin after removing thi8s remedy.
Precautions to Prevent Whiteheads:
Precautions are better than cure. Take some precautions to avoid whiteheads:
- Drink plenty of water.
- Don’t touch or scratch the tiny white bumps.
- Eat Healthy food. Avoid spicily and fatty foods.
- Regular exercise is a natural way to cure any skin problem.
- Avoid direct exposure to the sun. Always step out after applying sunscreen and try to cover the face.
- Maintain good hygiene and use beauty products which suit your skin type.