In this article we will discuss tea tree oil uses with benefits. Tea tree oil is an essential oil which is very essential for arrays of health benefits. It is useful for both, internal and external health. Do not get baffled by the name, it does not belong to a tea family. Most of you would have heard its name in ads as, this wonderful oil is widely used in cosmetics and skin washes. It is quite powerful in variety of dermatology conditions, such as acne, dandruff, lice, herpes and many other skin conditions. Tea tree oil is a combination of terpen-4-ol, Cymene, Pinene, Terpinolene, Cineole. To know the tea tree oil uses, follow this article for below listed advantages.
Tea Tree Oil and its Uses:
- Tea Tree Oil and its Uses:
- 1.) Tea Tree Essential Oil as an Anti-Fungal
- 2.) Tea Tree Essential Oil Helps Fight Bad Breath Fast and Naturally
- 3.) Tea Tree Oil for Sore Throat Treatment
- 4.) Tea Tree Essential Oil as a Pest Repellent
- 5.) Tea Tree Oil Use as a Hand Sanitizer
- 6.) Tea Tree Oil to Cure Cold
- 7.) Tea Tree Oil to Treat Minor Injuries
- 8.) Tea Tree Oil Benefits as a Mouthwash
- 9.) Tea Tree Essential Oil to Prevent Acne
- 10.) Tea Tree Essential Oil Benefits in Washing Machine
1.) Tea Tree Essential Oil as an Anti-Fungal
One of the main properties of tea tree oil is its anti-fungal action. if you suffer from any fungus problem on the skin. Tea tree oil can help fight against the infection due to its excellent anti-fungal properties. It eliminates and prevent the bacteria from growing back. Here is the method to apply it.
Directions to Use Tea Tree Oil as an Anti-Fungal Remedy:
- Mix tea tree oil with water to apply on the affected skin.
- Alternatively, mix tea tree oil with coconut oil.
- Coconut oil also has anti-fungal properties, so it compliments tea tree oil well.
- Take 1 tbsp of melted coconut oil and mix with 4 or 5 drops of tea tree oil.
- Store this mixture in a container and apply it day and night regularly to treat fungal infection.
2.) Tea Tree Essential Oil Helps Fight Bad Breath Fast and Naturally
Your mouth can be a host of many bacteria and germs, which can be responsible for causing a smelly or bad breath. You may be knowing of how unpleasant the smell is. In such case tea tree oil can come handy as it has strong antibacterial properties. This oil helps to prevent and discourage bacteria and germ buildup. Here is the method to use it.
Directions to Use Tea Tree Oil for Smelly Breath Treatment:
- Mix a few drops of tea tree oil in a cup of warm water.
- Fill your mouth with sufficient amount of this solution.
- Swish your mouth with this solution for a few minutes.
- After a few minutes, spit it out.
- Swish 2-3 times a day to avoid bad breath.
3.) Tea Tree Oil for Sore Throat Treatment
If you suffer a sore throat due to cold and cough tea tree oil is what you need. Sore throat causes inflammation of mucous membranes. Tea tree oil can help reduce inflammation by fighting off infection responsible for sore throat. It also helps reduce itchiness in throat.
Directions to Use Tea Tree Essential Oil for Sore Throat Treatment:
- Take 1 or 2 drops of tea tree oil in a glass of warm water. Mix it well.
- You can add tea tree oil to your preference to make it stronger or diluted.
- Swish with this solution and gargle to cure sore throat.
- Swish every day to prevent infection of the throat.
- Alternatively, You can add 2 tsp of salt to the above solution.
- Adding salt will draw excess water out of the mucous membranes discouraging it to create pressure and discomfort.
4.) Tea Tree Essential Oil as a Pest Repellent
Tea tree oil uses are not limited to just consumption or topical application. Its smell is quite effective and pleasing. This smell can come handy to deter pests. The essential oil in tea tree plant smells pleasant to us but pests can’t bear it and try to stay away from it.
Directions to Use Tea Tree Oil for Pest Repellent:
- Add 2 to 3 tsp of tea tree oil in a spray bottle.
- Fill it with water and shake the bottle well.
- Your home made disinfectant is ready.
- Now, spay on the cracks, doors, windows and other pest prone area.
5.) Tea Tree Oil Use as a Hand Sanitizer
Our hands are the most common carrier of germs and bacteria, which makes us prone to suffer some of the contagious disease such as cold, infection etc. To avoid it you can use a hand sanitizer to prevent your hand from getting infected. You can make a hand sanitizer of your own using tea tree oil.
- Rub your hands with few drops of tea tree oil at regular interval of time or whenever you touch any contaminated surface or object.
6.) Tea Tree Oil to Cure Cold
Tea tree oil is very useful in treating cold that develops sinus infection resulting in irritation and discomfort. It is also useful for reducing inflammation of the membrane which slow down the speed of the mucous to drain.
Directions for Sinus Infection Treatment Using Tea Tree Oil:
- Add 5 to 10 drops of tea tree oil into freshly boiled water.
- Inhale the steams coming out of this solution.
- Breathe deeply and you can cover your head with towel to make a tent. This way you will be able to intact steam.
- Breathe for 5 to 10 minutes or until water is expelling steam.
7.) Tea Tree Oil to Treat Minor Injuries
Tea tree oil’s antimicrobial qualities can be quite helpful to heal minor injuries in the body. Tea tree oil cleanses the area and keeps the infection at bay. Here is the method to do it.
Directions to Treat Minor Injuries With Tea Tree Oil:
- Mix a few drops of tea tree oil with 1 tsp of melted coconut oil.
- Mix it well and apply to the affected skin with a cotton ball.
- Rinse it after some time and reapply it.
- Repeat this process twice a day.
- Alternatively, you can add a drop of tea tree oil to a regular bandage and place it over the injury.
8.) Tea Tree Oil Benefits as a Mouthwash
Rather than spending on costly mouthwash products you can make your own mouthwash. There are many bacteria present in our mouth all the times. When these bacteria outgrow in numbers, it causes many mouth problems.
Directions to Make a Mouthwash Using Tea Tree Essential Oil:
- Mix 2-3 drops of tea tree essential oil with 1 drop of peppermint oil in 1 cup of water.
- Swish and gargle with this mouth wash 2 – 3 times a day for germ free mouth.
9.) Tea Tree Essential Oil to Prevent Acne
Almost every person suffers from acne problem during their life. These acne is caused due to bacteria, such as propiobacterium acnes or P. Acnes for short. In such condition application of this oil can be very helpful. This essential oil easily penetrates inside skin and helps loosen clogged pores filled with dirt, oil etc. Here is the method to apply it.
Directions for Acne Treatment Using Tea Tree Essential Oil:
- Mix 2 tsp of tea tree oil with a tiny amount of coconut oil.
- Apply the above mixture with the help of cotton ball on the affected skin.
- Leave it for a few minutes before washing it off.
10.) Tea Tree Essential Oil Benefits in Washing Machine
Apart from health benefits, tea tree essential oil can be used for your laundry as well. It not only helps cleansing cloths, but also makes them free from mildew. Here is the method to use it.
Directions for Using Tea Tree Essential Oil in Washing Machine:
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil in your washing machine during washing of your cloth
- Also, don’t forget to put a few drops of this oil in the dryer when drying cloth.
- You can add a few drops to the fabric softener as well.