Do you get envious when you see those movie actresses double of your age with sexy legs and toned body? Also that girl you walk by every morning and can’t resist your eyes from watching her sensual walk? Does it make you feel inferior when you face a mirror and see the bulges around your hips and thighs.? If yes, you are at the right place. This article is about different ways to tone your hips and thighs.
You might be having a pretty face and attractive upper body, your lower body fat can ruin your appearance and make you less appealing. Most of the lower body fat rests in your hips and thigh area. Your hormones, genes or unhealthy lifestyle can be blamed for this. Luckily, there are some tips and tricks which can let you get rid of excess fat and help you to tone your hips and thighs. With a little bit of change in your lifestyle, diet and following below mentioned tips you can get that toned body you always dreamed of.
Causes of Lower Body Fat:
Before jumping to tips to tone your hips and thighs, it is necessary to know the causes first in order to prevent and stable the condition in starting only. So, below are the most common causes mentioned, which makes your lower body store excess fat.
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Eating habits
- Accumulation of toxicity in your body.
- Processed and packaged food.
- Excess intake of salt and sugar.
- Alcohol and smoking
- Slow metabolism rate
- Oily food
- Poor blood circulation
- Fluid retention
- Sleep disturbance
- Thyroid Function
Ways to Tone Your Hips and Thighs:
- Ways to Tone Your Hips and Thighs:
- 1.) Single Squat Exercise to Tone Your Hips and Thighs Fast
- 2.) Bent-Knee Crossover to Tone Your Hips and Thighs
- 3.) Standing Abduction to Tone Your Hips and Thighs
- 4.) Lunges Exercise to Work Inner Thighs and Hips
- 5.) Double Leg Lift to Tone Your Hips and Thighs
- 6.) Dumbbells Squat to Tone Your Hips and Thighs Fast
- 7.) Bridges to Tone Your Hips and Thighs
- 8.) Avoid Junk Food to Tone Your Hips and Thighs
- 9.) Healthy and Balanced Diet to Tone Your Hips and Thighs
- 10.) Plenty of Water to Tone Your Hips and Thighs
1.) Single Squat Exercise to Tone Your Hips and Thighs Fast
Single squat is one of the best exercises to slim thighs and tone hips. Here is the way to do it.
- Stand straight, keeping your feet together and arms on your sides.
- Transfer your weight on your right foot. Let your left leg be free from the weight just kissing the ground to maintain balance.
- After that, While keeping your straight back, Bend your knees and hips. Sit down onto your right leg slowly while raising your arms in front of you for balance.
- As you reach the position where your thighs are parallel to the floor, just stop and hold the position for a second.
- Then again stand up with your right leg to get back to the starting position.
- In starting, you can hold a chair as well to maintain balance.
- Repeat it again, now switch to left leg this time.
- Do 4 sets of 8 to 10 reps (repetition) with each leg and slowly increase the reps when you get used to it and find it easier to do.
2.) Bent-Knee Crossover to Tone Your Hips and Thighs
Bent-knee crossover exercise is also very effective to reduce hips and thighs fat fast.
- Take a position, get down on your knees touching ground and hands as well on the floor (like a dog).
- Now, lift your leg up and backward, your sole facing up.
- Keep your knee bent to 90-degree.
- Then move it over to the calf of your right leg.
- Keep your butt muscles tight during this exercise.
- Get back to starting position and repeat the same with your right leg now.
- Do 4 sets of 8-10 reps and increase the reps.
- You can add a little bit of weight to your ankles to make the exercise more difficult.
3.) Standing Abduction to Tone Your Hips and Thighs
Another way to tone thighs and hips fast is standing abduction exercise. Below are the directions to perform it.
- Stand by the side of the wall. With your left hand, hold yourself against the wall.
- Bend your knee slightly.
- Lift the right leg out to the side.
- Lift it as far as you can while keeping your upper body stiff.
- As your leg reaches to the topmost point, hold for a second and return to the normal position.
- Do 4 sets of 10-15 reps with each leg.
4.) Lunges Exercise to Work Inner Thighs and Hips
Lunges exercise is very effective as it focus not only on the large muscles but also on the small group of muscles in the thighs.
- Take a starting position, stand and keep your legs together and hands on your side.
- Take dumbbells in each hand with palm facing inwards your thighs.
- Now, with your right leg, take a big step forward and lower your left knee near towards the ground.
- As you step forward, keep your back straight and right thigh parallel to ground.
- Hold for a second, and get back to the starting position.
- Repeat it with your left leg now.
- Do 4 sets of 8-12 reps with each leg.
5.) Double Leg Lift to Tone Your Hips and Thighs
Double leg lift exercise to slim thighs and tone hips fast.
- Lie on the floor with your left side. Keep your right leg over your left one.
- Prop up yourself on your left elbow. Rest your hand in front of you to maintain balance.
- Now, lift your right leg up around 15 inches and then slowly lift your left leg up to meet your right leg.
- Hold this position for a second and then ground them one by one.
- Repeat it 8-12 times in 4 sets.
6.) Dumbbells Squat to Tone Your Hips and Thighs Fast
Squats are one of the best exercise for lower body. It enhance the muscles of thighs, hips and calf.
- Stand Straight with legs apart. Hold dumbbells in each hand at your side.
- Take a sufficient amount of weight in your hands.
- Now with dumbbells in your hands, bend your hips and knee towards the ground until your thighs gets parallel to the ground.
- Hold the pose for a second there and get back to starting position.
- It is just a squat with weights in your hands.
- Do 4 sets and repeat same for 10-15 times.
7.) Bridges to Tone Your Hips and Thighs
- Lie on your backs on the ground, with knees bent.
- Keep your feet touching the ground.
- Keep your hands at your sides and your palm near to your ankle, facing towards the ground.
- Now slowly lift your butts upward and squeeze them.
- Hold on for a second and then lower your butts back to the ground.
- Do 4 sets, 8-12 reps in each set.
8.) Avoid Junk Food to Tone Your Hips and Thighs
It is not possible to tone your hips and thighs with exercises only. Along with proper exercise, you need to look after your diet as well. Eating an improper diet with exercise will give no result for your hard work. Junk food contains a lot of fats and calories. It is also rich in sodium, which promotes water retention in your body, thus making you look bulkier and also make your cellulite look awful. The sodium will also make you lethargic and less energetic for exercising. So, it is must to avoid junk food completely.
- Include fruits or fruit juice in your daily diet.
- Take a balanced diet. Consult a doctor for a proper diet or search over the internet.
- You may find difficult to give up junk food completely, so try to get rid of it.
9.) Healthy and Balanced Diet to Tone Your Hips and Thighs
- Try to eat healthy and balanced diet always for a healthy body and mind.
- Try to avoid packaged foods and replace them with natural foods.
- Include protein rich foods in your diet.
- Avoid eating protein shakes and bars and try to get most of the calories from whole foods.
- Avoid diet foods that has artificial sweeteners.
- Include vegetable, fruits, nuts and whole grains in your diet.
- Limit the intake of dairy products.
- Avoid sugary fruit juices, fizzy drinks and caffeinated drinks.
- A healthy and balanced diet is very important for a healthy and attractive body.
10.) Plenty of Water to Tone Your Hips and Thighs
Maintaining hydration in the body is necessary to tone body and skin internally and as well as externally. Drinking plenty of water will reduce the chances of cellulite, which can be a reason for the unattractive lower body. This is because cellulite affects mainly hips and thighs. Avoid alcohol and caffeinated drinks as they promote dehydration in your body. Instead of caffeine and alcohol, go for herbal tea like green tea.