Don’t you think few marks are so much embarrassing if noticed by others? One such bruise is a hickey. If somebody figures out hickeys on your skin, then it becomes a very embarrassing condition to handle. Moreover, a hickey is also known as a love bite or kiss mark. This type of kiss mark is formed due to aggressive kissing or continuous sucking on the skin. In this condition, the smallest blood vessel gets ruptured that causes red or purple color of a bruise on your skin. Hickey also causes skin irritation and pain. Therefore, it is really very important to get rid of a hickey fast.
Ways to Get Rid of a Hickey Fast:
- Ways to Get Rid of a Hickey Fast:
- 1.) Use Cold Compress to Get Rid of a Hickey Fast
- 2.) Rub Alcohol to Treat a Hickey
- 3.) Apply Peppermint to Get Rid of a Hickey Fast
- 4.) Apply Aloe Vera Gel to Get Rid of a Hickey Fast
- 5.) Apply Banana Peel to Get Rid of a Hickey Fast
- 6.) Apply Warm Compress to Get Rid of a Hickey Fast
- 7.) Do Some Makeup to Get Rid of a Hickey Fast
- 8.) Drink Orange Juice to Get Rid of a Hickey Fast
- 9.) Start Massaging to Get Rid of a Hickey Fast
- 10.) Apply Cocoa Butter to Get Rid of a Hickey Fast
1.) Use Cold Compress to Get Rid of a Hickey Fast
Using a cold compress to get rid of hickey is the smartest way to treat them effectively. A hickey is caused due to the formation of a blood clot. Hence, it is really very important to break the blood clot so that the blood spread out. And the only way to do this is to use the cold compress on the hickey. So, to apply this natural treatment to get rid of a hickey, just follow these ways:
- Take a thin towel and place a few ice cubes in it. Now, gently press this towel on the affected area for about 15 minutes. Apply this remedy several times in a day. These ice cubes can reduce bleeding by constricting the ruptured capillaries.
- You may even place a spoon in the refrigerator for 10 minutes and wrap it with a paper towel. Now, rub this spoon on the skin gently to reduce the skin irritation. It is the best way to get rid of a hickey fast.
2.) Rub Alcohol to Treat a Hickey
If just a few hours has passed before getting a hickey, then don’t forget to rub alcohol on it. Alcohol provides the soothing effect on the skin. It the also contains disinfectant properties that make it an ideal product to get rid of a hickey fast. To use these remedies, follow these steps:
- Take a cotton ball and dip it in alcohol. Now, rub this alcohol on the affected area gently.
- After this, apply a moisturizing cream to the infected area as alcohol may cause dry skin.
3.) Apply Peppermint to Get Rid of a Hickey Fast
Peppermint is considered to be an effective natural treatment to remove a hickey effectively. It helps in improving the blood flow and provides a soothing effect on the infected area. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- Apply peppermint oil to the infected area directly. You may even massage with the peppermint oil to get rid of a hickey.
- The other alternate way is to apply toothpaste containing peppermint content in it to the infected area.
- Leave this paste on the infected skin for 5 minutes. After this, just wash it off with warm water.
4.) Apply Aloe Vera Gel to Get Rid of a Hickey Fast
Aloe Vera is enriched with several nutrients that can do wonders for your skin. It can easily reduce the sensitivity of the infected skin by providing an amazing soothing effect on it. It even contains anti-inflammatory qualities that can easily vanish the inflammation of the bruise. To apply this remedy, follow these steps:
- Take a fresh leaf of aloe-Vera and extract gel from it. Now, apply this gel to the infected area. Apply this remedy 2-3 times in a day.
- You may also apply cream and lotions containing the Aloe Vera content in it if you don’t have Aloe Vera plant in your home or you are unable to find out the fresh Aloe Vera leaves.
5.) Apply Banana Peel to Get Rid of a Hickey Fast
Bananas are not only good for your health, but they even contain healing properties that can easily heal hickey. Banana peels provide a soothing effect on the infected skin as they contain cooling properties. To use these remedies, follow these steps:
- Just cut a peel of a banana and apply it on an infected area.
- Keep it on the bruise for about 30 minutes.
- Apply this remedy 2-3 times a day to get rid of a hickey fast.
6.) Apply Warm Compress to Get Rid of a Hickey Fast
The heat is really very important for removing hickey if hickey on your skin is quite older. To treat such type of problem, the only way out is to apply warm compresses to the infected area to remove hickeys from your skin. These warm compresses help in dilating the capillaries which in turn help in making way for the fresh blood circulation in that area. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- Take hot water in a container and dip washcloth in it. After this, just wring out the excess water from the washcloth. Apply this warm compress to the infected area. Place it on the affected area for 5 minutes.
- The other alternate way is to use a hair dryer. Just take a hair dryer and apply heat to the infected area. Also, massage with your fingertips while applying the heat of a hair dryer on the affected area.
7.) Do Some Makeup to Get Rid of a Hickey Fast
What can work more perfectly than a make-up? It can hide any kind of blemishes and bruises like anything. You need not worry much if you get a hickey, just apply a little bit of makeup and you are ready to go anywhere without any tension and self-consciousness. But, remember if it causes an itching and burning sensation in the affected area. Well, here are few ways that you may follow to get rid of hickeys:
- Apply a little bit of translucent powder and concealer with a brush to the affected area. This will lighten the tone of the bruise and match it with your skin tone while making it difficult for people to point out.
- Try to avoid going into the sunlight at any cost as bruises can be easily visible in the sunlight.
8.) Drink Orange Juice to Get Rid of a Hickey Fast
Vitamin C is the very important nutrient that can easily heal any kind of wound and bruise. Therefore, it is really very important to consume citrus fruits to get rid of a hickey fast. So, add oranges to your diet for treating a hickey. Just start eating oranges and drinking orange juice regularly to treat hickeys. You can also take 500 mg of vitamin C supplement for rebuilding collagen in your body.
9.) Start Massaging to Get Rid of a Hickey Fast
Just start massaging with your fingertips on the affected area to get rid of a hickey fast. It improves the blood circulation and provide relief in the hickeys. It is a very effective way to cure a hickey. This remedy may help you to regain the natural color of your skin.
10.) Apply Cocoa Butter to Get Rid of a Hickey Fast
The moisturizing properties present inside cocoa butter help in healing hickeys faster. To use this natural remedy, follow these steps:
- Apply warm compress on the affected area. After this, apply cocoa butter on it and massage gently with your fingertips on the affected area.
- This will improve the blood circulation and will also break the blood clot.
Few Facts about Hickeys:
Here are some of the fascinating and interesting facts that you may not be knowing about a hickey.
- Hickeys are simply bruises caused when the blood vessels are ruptured adversely due to continuous sucking.
- The people who have iron deficiency can get hickeys more easily.
- The hickeys may pass the oral herpes virus. Remember, if your partner has oral herpes, then remember it may get passed to you if your partner gives a hickey.
- If you are healthy, then hickey will fade in a few days. The healthier you are, the faster hickey will heal.
- If there is intense sucking, then you may suffer from stroke and paralysis. It was a case in 2011 in New Zealand, where a woman left hand got paralyzed due to a hickey. Her partner sucked so intensely that it created a blood clot in her neck.
- At times, hickey may also leave a scar.