Blisters on the tongue are one of the most annoying problems that can be experienced by most of the persons. Sometimes it is very painful and people get irritated by this problem. In this article, we are going to give you some home remedies for blisters on tongue.
Tongue blisters commonly occur due to an injury like grinding your teeth and suddenly biting the tongue with your teeth. Blisters on the tongue are the small red spots on the tongue that cause pain and inflammation of the tongue. Tongue blisters can be white or yellow. If you are suffering from blisters on the tongue, then you are not able to talk and eat food. Tongue blisters can last at least a week and disappear on their own. There are some home remedies and natural remedies to eliminate inflammation and pain
Symptoms of Blisters on Tongue:
- Irritation of the tongue.
- Pain and inflammation of the tongue.
- Burning sensation on the tongue.
- Painful red spots on the tongue.
- Center ulcer becomes yellow or white.
Causes of Blisters on Tongue:
- Changes in hormones.
- Having spicy, acidic or salty foods.
- Deficiency of vitamin B-12, folic acid and iron in the diet.
- Toothpaste contains sodium lauryl sulfate, which is the cause of blisters on the tongue.
- Injured tongue from chewing, biting etc.
Home Remedies for Blisters on Tongue:
- Home Remedies for Blisters on Tongue:
- 1) Clove Oil to Get Rid of Blisters on Tongue Naturally
- 2) Avoid Spicy Food to Cure Blisters on Tongue Fast
- 3) Intake Vitamin B to Treat Blisters on Tongue Fast
- 4) Coriander for Tongue Blisters Care
- 5) Tea Tree Oil to Cure Tongue Blisters Naturally
- 6) Basil to Treat Tongue Blisters Naturally
- 7) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Blisters on Tongue Naturally
- 8) Turmeric for Tongue Blisters Treatment
- 9) Hydrogen Peroxide to Treat Blisters on Tongue Fast
- 10) Ice to Cure Blisters on Tongue Fast
- 11) Salt for Blisters on Tongue
- 12) Baking Soda for Blisters on Tongue
Blisters are commonly found on your tongue. It creates a problem for you. If you want to get rid of blisters on tongue, then follow these home remedies which are given below.
1) Clove Oil to Get Rid of Blisters on Tongue Naturally
By using clove oil, you can easily treat blisters on tongue. Since your tongue is a very sensitive area, so the choice of home remedies is really very important.
Steps to Use Clove Oil to Burn Blisters on Tongue Treatment:
- Take half teaspoon of olive oil, 4 to 5 drops of clove essential oil, warm water, and a cotton ball. Mix all these ingredients properly.
- Use a cotton ball to dab this oil solution over your tongue. This remedy will give you relief from the burning sensation.
2) Avoid Spicy Food to Cure Blisters on Tongue Fast
- Spicy food is not good for blisters on tongue because by eating spicy food you may suffer from pain and irritation.
- It can also give a burning sensation in your tongue.
- Due to having citric acid in food, it will slow down the healing process.
3) Intake Vitamin B to Treat Blisters on Tongue Fast
Due to deficiency of vitamin B tongue blisters may occur. You can cure tongue blisters by including more vitamin B rich foods such as eggs, whole grains, oats, salmon, avocados, bran, turkey, bananas, liver and dairy products like cheese, milk, yogurt, cheese and others in your diet.
4) Coriander for Tongue Blisters Care
Coriander is one of the best and effective natural remedies for treating tongue blisters. Coriander contains antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. Due to these properties, it can easily treat tongue blisters and also give relief in pain and inflammation.
Steps to Use Coriander to Prevent Tongue Blisters Naturally:
- Boil one teaspoon of coriander leaves or seeds in a cup of water.
- Strain this solution and then rinse your mouth with it.
- Do this remedy 3 to 4 times daily until you get relief.
5) Tea Tree Oil to Cure Tongue Blisters Naturally
Due to having antibacterial and antiseptic properties, it makes a very effective treatment for tongue blisters. Tea tree oil is very essential and beneficial home remedy for tongue blisters.
Steps to Use Tea Tree Oil for Tongue Blisters Treatment:
- Mix a few drops of tea tree oil in a cup of water.
- Rinse your mouth with this mixture. Follow this remedy daily to get best results.
6) Basil to Treat Tongue Blisters Naturally
Basil is a herb that you can use to cure tongue blisters naturally. Basil contains anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties that can help to reduce the symptoms of tongue blisters such as inflammation and pain.
Steps to Use Basil for Tongue Blisters Care:
- Pluck some basil leaves, wash them properly.
- Then chew the leaves thoroughly, swallow them and then drink a little water.
- Follow this treatment twice a day to heal your tongue blisters.
7) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Blisters on Tongue Naturally
Aloe Vera has healing and antibacterial properties due to which it is helpful to heal tongue blisters. It is also effective to reduce pain and inflammation. This is used to treat a number of oral problems like white tongue.
Steps to Use Aloe Vera to Treat Tongue Blisters Fast:
- Extract some gel from aloe Vera.
- Then apply this gel on the blisters on the tongue and keep it for 5 minutes.
- Use lukewarm water to rinse your mouth.
- For at least 3 to 4 days repeat this remedy several times a day.
8) Turmeric for Tongue Blisters Treatment
Turmeric is one of the best and effective natural remedies for tongue sores. Turmeric contains antiseptic properties that can help to heal the blisters on tongue.
Steps to Use Turmeric to Cure Blisters on Tongue:
- Combine half teaspoon of turmeric powder with one teaspoon of honey.
- Use your fingers to apply this paste on the blisters. Leave it for 3 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water. Repeat this remedy 3 to 4 times daily.
- An alternate option is to mix half teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of warm water. Drink this solution and do this remedy once a day for quick results.
9) Hydrogen Peroxide to Treat Blisters on Tongue Fast
Hydrogen peroxide can help to treat blisters because it has disinfectant and antibacterial properties. It will also help to kill bacteria to prevent the risk of infection. Use only 3 percent of hydrogen peroxide.
Steps to Use Hydrogen Peroxide to Heal Blisters on Tongue:
- Combine equal amounts of hydrogen peroxide and warm water.
- Use a clean cotton swab to apply this solution on the blisters.
- Leave it for 2 minutes and then wash your mouth with warm water.
- Do this remedy for few times in a day.
10) Ice to Cure Blisters on Tongue Fast
Ice is very effective that will give you soothing relief from the pain because it has a numbing effect. It also reduces the symptoms of blisters such as inflammation and swelling.
Steps to Use Ice to Treat Blisters on Tongue:
- Place ice cubes on the blisters directly, or you can rub an ice cube on blisters until they become numb.
- An alternate method, you can drink ice cold water to get relief from pain.
11) Salt for Blisters on Tongue
Salt has healing properties to treat blisters as it will help to reduce pain and inflammation. Salt will help to kill bacteria and prevent infection.
Steps to Use Salt to Get Rid of Tongue Blisters:
- Combine 1 teaspoon of salt and one cup of lukewarm water and mix it well.
- Swish this salt solution in your mouth for at least 30 seconds and spit it out.
- After that, take a pinch of salt and place it directly on the blisters for a minute.
- Wash your mouth with warm water.
- Repeat it 4 to 5 times daily until the blisters are cured.
12) Baking Soda for Blisters on Tongue
This remedy is one of the best remedies for white coated tongue. Baking soda contains anti-inflammatory properties that help to soothe pain and inflammation. Baking soda is essential and effective to treat tongue blisters. It also maintains the pH balance in the mouth.
Steps to Use Baking Soda to Cure Tongue Blisters Fast:
- Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda to a cup of water.
- Swish this solution around your tongue for a few minutes and then spit it out.
- You can also make a paste with one teaspoon of baking soda and a little water.
- Apply it directly to the blisters.
- Keep it for some time, then wash your mouth with warm water.
- Repeat either of these remedies 3 to 4 times daily until you get relief of the problem.
- You can use zinc cream to treat tongue blisters.
- Avoiding acidic or spice foods is the best way to get rid of blisters on tongue.
- Don’t scratch the blisters on tongue with teeth as it will slow down the healing process.
- Drink lots of cold milk, cold water or fruit juices to treat the pain and inflammation.
- Maintaining good oral hygiene is also the best way to cure tongue blisters.
- Eat soft foods that are easy to chew.
- Add more garlic and ginger to your diet.