This article is about the home remedies for cold feet treatment. Cold feet refers to the condition when your feet turn cold because of poor blood circulation. Generally, this condition does not require any treatment, but in rare cases, the condition worsens. At that time you can try home remedies that we are going to discuss further in this article. It is quite a common problem among people, but there is no need to worry as it is no serious. But, some are more prone to this condition. That means they frequently fall victim to this condition. It is also a symptom of other problems such as chronic fatigue syndrome, diabetes, restless legs syndrome, peripheral neuropathy, peripheral vascular disease, Raynaud’s disease, hypothyroidism and hypothermia. Read the article to know about the ways to cure cold feet.
Home Remedies for Cold Feet Treatment:
- Home Remedies for Cold Feet Treatment:
- 1.) Hydrotherapy to Treat Cold Feet
- 2.) Warm Oil Massage to Get Rid of Cold Feet
- 3.) Ginger to Cure Cold Feet
- 4.) Green Tea to Get Rid of Cold Feet
- 5.) Epsom Salt to Treat Cold Feet
- 6.) Walking on Grass to Cure Cold Feet
- 7.) Cayenne Pepper to Get Rid of Cold Feet
- 8.) Feet Exercises to Cure Cold Feet
- 9.) Magnesium Rich Food to Prevent Cold Feet
- 10.) Iron-Rich Foods to Prevent Cold Feet
- 11.) Cinnamon and Clove Tea to Cure Cold Feet
- 12.) Hot Spice Bath to Treat Cold Feet
As said above, it is not a serious problem and hardly requires any treatment. But, there are some simple home remedies that you can try to get rid of cold feet fast and naturally at home. Home remedies for cold feet are:
1.) Hydrotherapy to Treat Cold Feet
Hydrothereapy is one of the simplest home remedies for cold feet. Not only simplest, but it is also an effective one. As the name suggests, this therapy utilizes water. It requires both hot and cold water. Hot one is to improve blood circulation and the cold one is to combat the symptoms. Just follow the steps to treat it:
- Fill two basins with hot and cold water.
- First go for cold water and soak your legs for two minutes.
- Now, switch to the warm water soak your legs for 1 minute.
- Keep repeating it for next 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, pat dry them and wear warm socks.
2.) Warm Oil Massage to Get Rid of Cold Feet
Warm oil massage is one of the best home remedies for cold feet. This method is among the most primitive remedies for cold feet. This is one of the best home remedies to improve blood circulation. It is very effective as it kicks off the cold flow and improves the blood circulation, making your feet warm. You can go for any of the oils – olive, sesame or coconut oil.
- Warm some oil in microwave.
- Now, apply it on the feet and massage gently for 10 minutes.
- Massage in upward direction, that is, from toe to ankle.
- When you are done with the massage, wear cotton socks.
- Try it before going to bed.
3.) Ginger to Cure Cold Feet
Ginger is also one the most helpful home remedies for cold feet as it improves the blood circulation and eliminates the risk of blood clots. It has the properties that have the warming effects. It contains ginger oils and zingerone as a major component. It will help internally and externally as well. You can use it in different ways:
- Take an inch of ginger and slice it thinly.
- Simmer it in two cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Now, strain it and drink it at least thrice a day.
- Take some water and boil it with some sliced ginger.
- Now, add it to the warm water of basin.
- Soak your feet for 15 minutes.
- Repeat it twice daily.
4.) Green Tea to Get Rid of Cold Feet
Green tea is the remedy that has been used to treat a number of problems. It helps improve the elasticity of skin and give you glowing skin. It is also known for being a successful remedies for weight loss. Green tea is one of the most effective home remedies for cold feet as well. What you can do is drink 2-3 cups of green tea daily and get rid of cold feet. You can use it as a soak. What you have to do is:
- Simmer 2-3 tea bags in some water.
- Add the simmer water to the warm water in the basin.
- Now, soak you feet in it for 10 minutes.
- Do it two times a day.
5.) Epsom Salt to Treat Cold Feet
Epsom salt is a wonderful remedies to treat a number of problems. It is also one of the most efficient home remedies for cold feet. You have to use it as a soak and you will get rid of cold feet easily. To make the soak:
- Fill a tub with warm water.
- Add a half cup of Epsom salt to it.
- Mix it well to dissolve it completely.
- Now, soak your feet for 15 minutes.
- Do it twice a week.
6.) Walking on Grass to Cure Cold Feet
Walking on grass has several health benefits. It is among the most important remedies for cold feet. What you need to do is walk barefoot on grass. Early morning is the best time for the walk. As it improves the blood circulation, it is recommended for people suffering with high blood pressure problem. It also helps to attain Vitamin D. Start your day with walking on the grass and get rid of cold feet naturally.
7.) Cayenne Pepper to Get Rid of Cold Feet
The presence of compound known as capsaicin in pepper, helps in improving blood circulation as well. You can give massage to your feet with the creams that contain cayenne pepper. You can also spread cayenne pepper in the thick pair of socks. Make sure you wear a thin socks before wearing the socks that have pepper.
8.) Feet Exercises to Cure Cold Feet
Foot exercises are among the most essential remedies for cold feet. As your feet move, it improves the blood circulation and warms up. What you need to do is try some feet exercises and get rid of cold feet.
- Sit on a chair and stretch your legs.
- Rotate them in clock wise direction for two minutes.
- Now, rotate in anti-clockwise direction.
- Repeat the process for next 20 minutes and get rid of cold feet.
9.) Magnesium Rich Food to Prevent Cold Feet
The consumption of magnesium rich foods helps to prevent cold feet. Magnesium helps in stimulating the blood circulation. Body is not able to store magnesium for very long, so it is important to increase the consumption of magnesium-rich foods. You need to have 300 gm of magnesium a day. Try to include spinach, green beans, avocados, turnips, broccoli, mustard greens, whole grains, pumpkin, sesame seeds, almonds and baked potatoes in your diet.
10.) Iron-Rich Foods to Prevent Cold Feet
It is also good to go for iron-rich foods in order to get rid of cold feet. Iron is one of the best ingredients to fight off the problems related to blood. It is the one responsible for improved circulation of blood. Deficiency of iron leads to the problem known as anemia. Cold feet is more common in people suffering with anemia. You can add some food to your diet like – apples, tofu, lentils, liver, spinach, red meat, soybean flour, almonds and dried apricots.
11.) Cinnamon and Clove Tea to Cure Cold Feet
You can also go for the tea prepared with the given ingredients and get rid of cold feet. A cup of tea in the evening will keep you warm and you will be able to get rid of cold feet. What you have to do is:
- Take three cups of water and boil it.
- Now add a teaspoon of each cinnamon powder and clove powder to it.
- Steep it for 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea and drink it.
12.) Hot Spice Bath to Treat Cold Feet
Hot spice bath is one of the best remedies for cold feet treatment. What you have to do is take a hot spice bath and you get rid of cold feet. What you have to do is:
- Fill a tub with lukewarm water.
- Now add clove cayenne pepper, crushed ginger, cinnamon powder, rosemary, cumin, sage and oregano to it.
- Soak yourself in the water for 15 minutes and get rid of cold feet.