This article deals with home remedies for managing curly hair. Getting curly hair is probably, on every girl’s wish list. However, managing the curly locks is a tough task as it needs extra care. Nevertheless, there are many hair products available in the market which promises to maintain the curl and give you bouncy, shiny curly hair. But unfortunately, they are too pricey and you cannot trust their promises as well. So it’s better to go natural and follow easy home remedies for managing curly hair. Read more, to know about different home remedies for managing curly hair
Household Remedies for Managing Curly Hair:
1.) Hot Oil Massage for Managing Curly Hair
- 1.) Hot Oil Massage for Managing Curly Hair
- 2.) Apple Cider Vinegar for Managing Curly Hair
- 3.) Avocado to Manage Curly Hair
- 4.) Eggs for Managing Curly Hair
- 5.) Beer to Manage Curly Hair
- 6.) Fenugreek Seeds for Managing Curly Hair
- 7.) Carbonated Water to Manage Curly Hair
- 8.) Hibiscus for Managing Curly Hair
- 9.) Aloe-Vera for Managing Curly Hair
- 10.) Honey for Managing Curly Hair
A regular hot oil massage is the easiest and convenient way to manage curly hair. Warm oil locks the moisture and keeps the dryness at the bay. Dryness gives way to freeze, untangled and unruly hair, which are hard to manage. For head massage, you can pick almond, olive or coconut oil.
- Warm the oil for a few minutes.
- Leave the hot oil to cool so that it becomes easy to massage.
- Apply the oil to scalp and gently massage it from root to ends.
- After hot oil massage, wrap your hair with a hot towel.
- Leave the towel for an hour, then wash your hair with mild shampoo and do not forget to condition them.
- Massage your head with hot oil once in a week.
2.) Apple Cider Vinegar for Managing Curly Hair
Apple cider vinegar is acidic in nature, thus, it maintains the natural pH level of the scalp and hair. This prevents the frizziness and adds shine to your curly locks. Moreover, it wipes out the excess oil and other particles which destroy the hair.
- In a bowl, mix an equal amount of water and ACV.
- After shampoo use this mixture as a conditioner.
- After applying it leave it on for 2-3 minutes and then rinse your hair.
- For curly and manageable hair, apply this mixture 1-2 times in a week.
3.) Avocado to Manage Curly Hair
Avocado moisturizes every strand and hydrates the hair. It also adds shine to hair and manages the unruly hair. You can use this fruit in any season, it will always give you positive results. Curly, shiny and bouncy hair is all that you want!
- Mash 1 avocado and add 2 tablespoons of yogurt into it.
- Stir both the ingredients until you get a smooth creamy paste.
- Apply this paste on your hair and leave it on for an hour.
- Then wash your hair with mild shampoo.
- Alternatively, add a few drops of olive or coconut oil in the mashed avocado.
- Apply this mixture on the hair after shampoo and leave it on for 30 minutes, then rinse your hair with running water.
4.) Eggs for Managing Curly Hair
Another home remedy that comes handy for managing curly is Eggs. Eggs not only adds taste rather it helps you to maintain your curly hairs as well. The protein and fat present in the egg moisturizes the strands and gives you healthy hair.
- In a bowl, whisk one egg and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and mayonnaise in it.
- Apply this mixture on your hair. Make sure you cover the entire head.
- Leave it on for half an hour, then rinse your hair with cold water.
- Alternatively, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and one -fourth cup of strained cucumber juice.
- Apply this mixture on the hair and cover it with a shower cap.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash your hair with mild or herbal shampoo.
5.) Beer to Manage Curly Hair
Beer, yes you heard it right! Beer is a boon to curly hair. It keeps the moisture intact in the hair and makes the hair soft and easy to manage. Use non-alcoholic and dark beer to manage your curly hair.
- Wash your hair with a mild or herbal shampoo and rinse it with running water.
- After rinsing apply beer on every strand.
- Leave it for 5 minutes and then rinse your hair again with clean water.
- Apply beer 2-3 times in a month and get soft and manageable curls.
6.) Fenugreek Seeds for Managing Curly Hair
Fenugreek seeds are found in every kitchen. The herbs contain a high amount of lecithin, which acts as an emulsifying agent. It reduces the frizziness and keeps the moisture intact. For curly and thick hair apply fenugreek seeds 1-2 times in a week.
- Soak 4-5 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in water and leave it for a night.
- Next day grind the seeds to get a thick paste.
- In the thick paste, mix 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt and a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Apply this paste on the entire head covering each strand and scalp.
- Leave it on for an hour, then wash your hair with shampoo.
7.) Carbonated Water to Manage Curly Hair
Carbonated or sparkling water has a low pH level, it clarifies the hair, giving you soft ultra shiny curls.
- In a plain water mix some non-flavored water and keep it aside.
- Wash your hair with regular shampoo and rinse with normal clean water.
- Rinse your hair again with carbonated water.
8.) Hibiscus for Managing Curly Hair
You can use hibiscus also to manage your unruly curls. The juice of its flower and leaves acts as a natural conditioner. Also, it treats the hair breakage and hair fall.
- Grind 4-5 hibiscus leaves along with the petals of its flower and a few drops of water.
- Mix all the ingredients to make a thick hair mask.
- Apply this hair mask on each and every strand and leave it on for 15-20 minutes and rinse your hair with lukewarm water.
- Alternatively, you can make a paste of hibiscus dry power and water.
- For manageable and soft curls apply this hair mask 1-2 times in a week.
9.) Aloe-Vera for Managing Curly Hair
The green plant adds shine and moisture to the hair. Moreover, it is packed with various nutrients and high amount of water which makes it a perfect candidate for healthy curls.
- Apply Aloe-Vera gel on the hair and scalp and gently massage it.
- Leave it dry for 15 minutes and then rinse your hair with lukewarm water.
- After rinsing don’t forget to shampoo.
- Alternatively, mix 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt with 4 tablespoons of Aloe-Vera gel.
- Apply this mixture on your hair. Leave it for 30 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
10.) Honey for Managing Curly Hair
Being natural humectant, honey restores the natural moisture of the scalp and helps you to manage your curl. It makes hair naturally wavy.
- In a bowl, mix coconut oil or extra virgin oil and warm honey.
- Gently massage the mixture into the hair, starting from scalp to tips.
- Cover the hair with shower cap and after 3040 minutes, wash your hair with mild or herbal shampoo.
- For soft and manageable curls apply this mixture once in a week.