This article is about homemade sugar scrub recipes. When it comes to cleaning the skin, what can be better than a scrub. It removes the impurities from deep inside the skin and helps you get clear skin naturally. But, is it always safe to go for artificial scrub or for the scrub available in the market? Well, no one can assure you that. But, the natural scrubs that you can made are safe. You can assure that by yourself as you know the ingredients well. Sugar is the best ingredient that is used to make a sugar scrub. So, here in this article, we are going to discuss different ways that can be used to make sugar scrub. Go through the article to know the homemade sugar scrub recipes and make your own sugar scrub.
Natural Homemade Sugar Scrub Recipes:
- Natural Homemade Sugar Scrub Recipes:
- 1.) Homemade Lemon Sugar Scrub
- 2.) Homemade Olive Oil Sugar Scrub
- 3.) Homemade Lavender Oil Sugar Scrub
- 4.) Homemade Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub
- 5.) Homemade Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- 6.) Homemade Gingerbread Sugar Scrub
- 7.) Homemade Chocolate Sugar Scrub
- 8.) Homemade Coffee Sugar Scrub
- 9.) Homemade Oatmeal Sugar Scrub
- 10.) Homemade Vanilla Sugar Scrub
There are n number of ways that you can follow to make a sugar scrub. It just needs a little effort and you will be able to prepare a homemade sugar scrub of your choice. It will be completely safe to use as you will have the idea about the amount of ingredients used and the quality of ingredients used. Here we are going to learn about a few methods that will be helpful for preparing sugar scrubs.
1.) Homemade Lemon Sugar Scrub
Lemon is the very first and the most effective methods used to prepare a sugar scrub. Lemon is rich in bleaching properties and thus helps you get fairer, smoother and light skin. You need not put special efforts in preparing this type of scrub. What you have to do is take a lemon and cut it into two. Now sprinkle some sugar on the half lemon. Your sugar scrub is ready. Now rub it on the face and leave for 15 minutes. Wash it off with water. Lemon is the natural bleaching agent and thus, it will mingle with scrub and will remove the impurities from the skin and will also help lighten the complexion of the skin.
2.) Homemade Olive Oil Sugar Scrub
You can also use olive oil to prepare home-made sugar scrub. Olive oil is rich in contents that help nourish the skin and also moisturize it. Moreover, it is very effective in maintaining the health of the skin. Also, it has anti-aging properties. What you have to do is follow the given steps to make the sugar scrub:
- Take a bowl and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil to it.
- Now add half cup of sugar and some honey to it.
- Now blend it for a few minutes and the scrub is ready.
- Apply it on the face or use it as you require.
- Do not store the remaining scrub in the refrigerator as it will become hard.
3.) Homemade Lavender Oil Sugar Scrub
Lavender oil can also be used to prepare the sugar scrub. It is a very effective remedy to use sugar scrub. Lavender oil is also great for skin and helps combat many skin problems. It is used to detoxify skin and is also an amazing toner. Just follow the steps to make it:
- Take a bowl and pour 3 tablespoons of lavender oil in it.
- Now take some dried lavender and crush it well.
- Mix it in the oil.
- Add half cup of white sugar.
- Mix it well and the scrub is ready for the use.
- Use it as per your requirement and enjoy the difference.
4.) Homemade Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub
Coconut oil can also be used to make the sugar scrub. Coconut oil is great for both hair and skin. It has the properties that help fight the marks on the skin. It also possesses some qualities that are used to bring a glow to the face and make the skin radiant and glowing. It fights off stretch marks and also works on boils. Just follow the steps to make a sugar scrub with coconut oil:
- Add three tablespoons of coconut oil in a bowl.
- Add half a cup of sugar to it well and mix it well.
- Use it as you want and get rid of whatever skin problems you want.
5.) Homemade Peppermint Sugar Scrub
Peppermint has properties that help combat acne and makes skin brighter. It is also works as a toner. You can use peppermint oil to make a sugar scrub bar. Yes, a bar. You can a prepare a bar at your home that will be very gentle on the skin. You can use this bar to make skin lighter. Here is the method you need to follow to make a scrub:
- Take a bar and microwave it for 15 seconds, stir it in between, till it is completely melted.
- Now add some coconut oil and peppermint oil to it.
- Mix it well and add ½ cup of sugar.
- Keep them in silicon moulds and allow it to dry for 2 hours.
6.) Homemade Gingerbread Sugar Scrub
You can also use gingerbread to make a sugar scrub and get clear skin. It requires the ingredients that are already around you at your home. You need not require any special ingredient for that. Procedure to make sugar scrub using gingerbread:
- Take a container and pour one cup of each sugar and brown sugar.
- Add half tsp of vanilla essence, ½ tsp of cinnamon powder and ½ tsp of each ginger and nutmeg.
- While mixing the ingredients, add ½ cup of coconut oil and ½ cup of almond oil in it.
- Scrub is ready. Keep it in a jar and use it as per your requirement.
7.) Homemade Chocolate Sugar Scrub
Let’s move towards a tastier scrub. It is the delicious chocolate scrub. Chocolate is great for the skin that helps improve the texture of the skin. It is also rich in anti-oxidant properties that help make the skin fairer and clearer and prevents it from being damages by free radicals. Also, it protects you from harmful rays of sun and help you get smooth skin. Just follow the steps to prepare the scrub:
- Take a bowl and add a cup of brown sugar to it.
- Add half cup of coconut oil and 1/3 cup of almond oil to it.
- Mix it well and add 2 tbsp of cocoa powder to it.
- Also add a few drops of essential oil to it.
- Mix them well and your sugar scrub is ready.
8.) Homemade Coffee Sugar Scrub
Coffee is also great for the skin and can be used to prepare a body scrub. Coffee gas caffeine that helps make skin smooth and toned and allows you clear skin. It is easy to make and amazing at use. Just follow the steps to make a body scrub:
- Melt a half cup of coconut oil and allow it to cool.
- Now add a cup of grounded organic coffee and ½ tbsp of cinnamon powder to it.
- Now mix it well and your scrub is ready.
9.) Homemade Oatmeal Sugar Scrub
Oatmeal can also be used to make a perfect sugar scrub at home. Oatmeal itself works as a scrub which is effective at treating the skin. Oatmeal helps mosturize skin and removes dryness. It also fights off itchiness and dryness and improves the complexion of the skin. The ingredients used are easily available. Just follow the steps:
- Take a bowl and add ½ cup of oats to it.
- Add 1 and ¼ cup sugar to it.
- Now, it’s time to add ¼ cup of baby oil and equal amount of honey to it.
- Mix it well and your scrub is ready.
- Now use the scrub as you want and you treat your skin well.
10.) Homemade Vanilla Sugar Scrub
Vanilla is an amazing remedy to treat skin. It moisturize the skin and improves the texture of the skin. It has anti-aging contents and also promotes a healthy skin. Using it is easy to make a scrub. Here is the method to make the scrub:
- Take ½ cup of sugar in a bowl and add 1/3 cup of olive oil to it.
- Now add 2 tbsp of honey, ¼ tbsp of vanilla extract and add ½ tsp of vitamin oil to it.
- Now mix it well and your scrub is ready to be used.
- Make sure that you apply the scrub gently on the face.
- Do not use it on the eyes area at all.